PDA

View Full Version : Most of the ROTS figures slated for 2005: what will 2006 and thereon look like?

Tycho
11-22-2004, 09:26 PM
I army build but the troops are coming out quick for E3.

I can't see people like myself supporting high figure sales in the years after.

Certainly I'll buy a lot of obscure stuff for diorama filler - I love that stuff the best - the figures like Ephant Mon and Kitik Keed Kak always turn out great.

I want things like every outfit Padme ever wore in the movies to be done, but our Scene-By-Scene Favorite Figures Never Made Before Thread identified only about 200 more characters they could make for the first time, or revisit for added quality.

That's 4 more years if we see them agressively pursue that list in 2006. But E3's central core-character approach (and style of film) takes us away from this direction for a while.

Can the background come back to the foreground and support Star Wars in 2006?

When it does, will we get more quality figures like Sly Moore, Pablo Jill, and Queen Theed Ceremony? Will we get back to the Power of the Jedi?

X13VADER
11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I Am Also An Army Builder But Like To Have All Figures To Open.
I Would Like To See The Old Days Of Many Figures Everywhere For Me To Buy(97-98) I Did Stock Pile Many Of These Figures So I Could Have Armies Of Every Race Of Figure. I Think They Could Go On For Quite A While Making Background Figures. Also Looking To Expand My Empire So More Imperials Would Be Good. And A Remake Of The Deathstar Trooper Would Be Number 1 For Me. As I Would Like To Have 50 Or So.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Just as it was in 1999 and 2002, the main characters have to be released first. That's what the people will want to buy after they see the film, not some random alien in the background. We collectors do, though, and Hasbro knows that, so we'll likely get some in late 2005/06. Remember how in 2003 we got a lot of figures from the nightclub? I mean, next year kids are going to want to have General Grievous, Darth Vader, and Chewbacca, not the dancers from the Coruscant ballet. (Yes, there is going to be one.)

The 2000 and 2003 figures were leaps and bounds above the figures in the movie years, IMO, so I'm betting the 2006 figures will be great. Even though the initial waves are looking awesome. :)

JEDIpartner
11-23-2004, 03:11 PM
I will have to evaluate the climate of collecting in mid-2006 before I can say anything. Chances are pretty good that I will stop getting "One of every figure" and revert back to picking and choosing what I want. I don't need more Lukes, Leias, Hans or OT Chewies, Vaders and the like unless there is something amazing about that particular sculpt.