PDA

View Full Version : Playskool Luke with x-Wing eBay exclusive

bobafrett
11-23-2004, 09:32 PM
On SirSteves home page, they had an article on a Playskool Luke with x-Wing eBay exclusive. I was wondering if anyone else had taken an interest with this? I bought 1, as it had a "buy it now" for $30. I have yet to see any of this line, and was happier with the overall look of the old playskool line, that is now "Galactic heroes". However, I will reserve judgement until I have this set in my hands, and can compare the two side by side. I will most likely not open this set as it is a limited #, so I hope it isn't something that is in a solid box with no window. Thoughts?

SirSteve
11-24-2004, 11:21 AM
I seen the basic figures at Target. $7.99 each.

Reefer Shark
11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally I was only going to buy Vader, but I've ended up getting the other 3, and still haven't found the elusive Vader...

They're kinda neat. Nothing too special, they kinda remind me of some sort of deformed Japanese toys or something. The thing I like the most about them is the light up sabers. My Luke's saber shines nice and bright blue!

Not sure if I'm going to get the vehicles yet or not though.....

stillakid
11-25-2004, 12:27 AM
I too bought one for $30 bucks and am awaiting the Fedex delivery which should come Friday. :)

JediTricks
11-25-2004, 01:47 AM
As for the box, it's solid cardboard with a try-me hole plus a small opening to see the engines light up. At $30, it seems like a decent deal; I suspect this vehicle will end up on shelves though, underneath the exclusivity logo is text about the toy not coming with any figures (the ebay version comes with Luke & R2).

Although it looks a lot like the G.Heroes X-wing, it appears to be quite bigger and have different features. I've seen all 4 figs at Target, Vader looked good, Chewie looked silly smiling like a doofus, 3PO looks OK but his eyes don't stay on, R2 looks good, and Luke looks pretty wonky unless you're into the Rescue Heroes type of sculpting. Getting Luke & his helmet & lightsaber as well as R2 without having to get 3PO and carded Luke's silly "vehicle" accessory seems like the best part of this deal. For me, this line doesn't look like it'll replace or even suppliment my G.Heroes collection.

bobafrett
12-01-2004, 04:13 PM
I got mine (eBay exclusive X-Wing) last Saturday, and I read the box stating that the figures were sold sepretely. I failed to read the sticker on the box which states that the "exclusive" includes both Luke and R2, and I didn't even bother to open the box, before firing off a letter to the seller. I felt silly when I got home later that evening, to read the sticker, and open the end of the box to find both Luke and R2 enclosed. Haven't had much time to look the ship and figures over though.

JediTricks
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Can we say "D'oh!" boys and girls? ;) Should have read my previous posts in this thread, but we all make mistakes, it's their fault for not making it more clear what was going on... and your fault for not paying better attention to what you were buying. :D

bobafrett
12-07-2004, 03:12 PM
I seen the basic figures at Target. $7.99 each.

I have yet to see these in the Illinois area Target stores. Are they with the Star Wars stuff, of closer to the Playskool toy line? I always neglect to check that section.

Can we say "D'oh!" boys and girls? Should have read my previous posts in this thread, but we all make mistakes, it's their fault for not making it more clear what was going on... and your fault for not paying better attention to what you were buying.

I know, I know, you would think I would have learned after being burned on two eBay auctions. At least I have the figures with the X-Wing.

JediTricks
12-07-2004, 10:15 PM
So, gonna open it and give us a review? ;)

bobafrett
12-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Still have it in the box. I should open it though, I just have no room anywhere to display it. Plus my reviews suck.

jad
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
I found this at my local Toys R Us on Saturday. The xwing set was the only set of the orignals I never ended up picking up, so I was stolked when I found this. It retailed for 19.99, a nice price considering it came with 2 mini figures and now it comes with some nice sounds. The toy it self is awsome, very nice sturdy construction. When I eventually have kids this will definitely be safe for them to play with. The electronics are super nice. Very good crisp and clear sounds come from the speaker. They seem pretty high quality, which is odd because sometimes the electronics on star wars toys suck. So if you collect this line, I'd highly recommend picking this up.

Rocketboy
12-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I've seen a ton of these at TRU recently. I was bit shocked at the $20 price tag, but I didn't realize this one has electronics.

And they've also raised the price on the 2 packs of Galactic Heros from $5 to $6.
Grrr...

stillakid
12-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I found this at my local Toys R Us on Saturday. The xwing set was the only set of the orignals I never ended up picking up, so I was stolked when I found this. It retailed for 19.99, a nice price considering it came with 2 mini figures and now it comes with some nice sounds. The toy it self is awsome, very nice sturdy construction. When I eventually have kids this will definitely be safe for them to play with. The electronics are super nice. Very good crisp and clear sounds come from the speaker. They seem pretty high quality, which is odd because sometimes the electronics on star wars toys suck. So if you collect this line, I'd highly recommend picking this up.

My kids LOVE playing with these things. The Falcon is a favorite. :)

JediTricks
12-16-2004, 11:42 PM
This isn't the item that was exclusive on ebay, that was the Jedi Force X-wing, bigger and for the Jedi Force 4" figures.

bobafrett
12-21-2004, 12:36 PM
This isn't the item that was exclusive on ebay, that was the Jedi Force X-wing, bigger and for the Jedi Force 4" figures.

Also, the eBay exclusive X-Wing comes with Luke and R2. If you pick up the PlaySkool X-Wing at TRU or some other retail outlet, it's just the ship. So far I've only found the figures at Target, no ships.

Taro
12-28-2004, 05:17 PM
The Playskool Jedi Force X-Wing is a very big toy... Gigantic...

JediTricks
12-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm surprised to hear that, though I suppose I shouldn't be considering the figures that go in it are bigger than regular SW figures. Is it larger than the G.Heroes Millennium Falcon?

Taro
12-29-2004, 07:55 AM
They have such different shapes, so its hard to say cause its not apples to apples... but in a word... yes...

Taro
12-29-2004, 07:58 AM
The "red Leder" X-Wing is longer, but the Jedi Force X-Wing easily displaces more plastic than any toy X-Wing Hasbro/Kenner ever made...

Taro
12-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Its got three little wheels built into the front landing gear and the bottom two engines. I imagine this is because its so big that by the time you put luke and R2 in it... it might be to heavy for a three-year-old to lift... lol

... it rolls great...

JediTricks
12-31-2004, 02:18 AM
Wow, more X-wing than the Dagobah/Red Leader X-wing design? Even that is something I had not considered after you said it was big. Thanks for the info.