PDA

View Full Version : Sidious/Palpatine Customs

Sith Lord 0498
11-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Here are my Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine customs. The first one I made using Darklord's instructions. It doesn't have any waist articulation and the joints are wobbly, but it still turned out fairly well.

Sith Lord 0498
11-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Here is a custom I made of Darth Sidious from "Revenge of the Sith." I used a box cutter to slice open the robes of an Episode I Darth Sidious and repainted the cloak in black (mine had blue tones to it). I also took the lightsaber from an extra Count Dooku figure, trimmed off parts of it, and repainted it using the picture of Sidious' lightsaber from the Behind the Helmet series as a reference.

DARKLORD_67
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
VERY, VERY nice job on those customs, SITH LORD!! Palpatine is looking really good in plastic these days :)

_DARKLORD

Sith Lord 0498
12-03-2004, 09:55 AM
VERY, VERY nice job on those customs, SITH LORD!! Palpatine is looking really good in plastic these days :)

_DARKLORD

Thanks, Darklord. Actually, I have my now-articulated Palpatine balancing himself on top of my Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) to re-create Palpatine's demise. I have no idea how it's lasted this long (a week already), but it's only supported by resting on Vader's hands and helmet. I'd get a pic of it, but I'm afraid to even move it from its position lest it'll fall.

BTW, does your Palpatine custom have waist articulation? How'd you do it? Also, mine is too tall to sit on the throne. How'd you shorten the Darth Maul legs?

DARKLORD_67
12-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey there Sith Lord 0498,

Actually my Emperor Palpatine does NOT have wrist articulation.

Think of Palpatine as a little old man who likes to wear his WAIST a little higher than the average man. That being said, this is the key to making him fit in the seated thone room chair: My custom Emperor consists of the SAGA Throne Room Emperor figure's TORSO ONLY. I got rid of the lower extemities AND the waist portion. I trimmed the bottom edge of his torso about a 16th of an inch. When I permanently attached the Darth Maul waist and legs, they too were already surgically altered: I had trimmed down the top of the waist by about a 16th of an inch, and the thighs were cut and shortened making the legs shorter.

Jayspawn
12-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Question: For a neat Hood effect, do you think its possible to use the head of EPI Darth Sidious -carve it out! Then swap the SAGA Chancellor Palpatine head on the EPI Sidious body. That way you have have a Sidious/Palpatine w/ removable hood. Would that work?

mastermatt24
12-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Would that work?
That might be hard becuase you would probably have to cut his hair to fit it under the hood (I have experience with heads with helmits, hats (imperial), and the such) So the head might look a little werid with the cut hair, But I dont want to discourage you.. Go for it, But before you "ruin" the palpatine hollow out the hood to make sure it fits and you like the way it looks. :)

Sith Lord 0498
12-04-2004, 02:43 PM
I had another idea I was going to try if I had enough extra figures and the right tools. Because the Saga Palpatine has that really strange head where it's cleaved off diagonally in the back, I was going to take a "human" Palpatine head, remove it, cleave it on an angle as well and glue it to the back of the old Emperor. That way, you can turn the head around and have a type of "transformation" feature.