PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

jjreason
11-26-2004, 06:54 AM
Anyone else a Solid Snake fan? The third installment of MGS has just been released on PS2. I'm an avid follower and did pick it up right away, though I haven't really been able to spend as much time with it as I'd like. Please preface any spoiler stuff with a warning, the plotlines on these are generally pretty twisty, and I'd prefer to be surprised.

The hype for this game really didn't seem to be there compared to Sons of Liberty, and when I plugged in the game I was a little disappointed in the intro - last time we had a full blown demo version happening complete with Harry Gregson Williams' soundtrack, this time it went right to the menu. Once I started the game however, and the movie was good, and I had to start sneaking around with the old familiar controls, only one thought was forefront in my mind:

It's ON.

I love Solid Snake. :cool:

Hellboy
11-28-2004, 03:38 AM
the plotlines on these are generally pretty twisty

Boy is that an understatement. It would be nice if the storyline actually made sense this time around. :crazed:

I really enjoyed the first Playstation MGS installment but was rather disappointed with Sons of Liberty. Don't get me wrong I had fun with the game but the cut-scenes gave new meaning to the term long winded and as I stated before the plot was way to convoluted. I also didn't like the fact you were forced to play as the ultra lame Raiden instead of the title character Snake for a large part of the game.

As far as MGS3: Snake Eater goes I like what I've seen so far. The AI is much improved and the total absence of radar sure adds a new element to the game. It'll probably be awhile though before I really get into playing this game because I'm right in the middle of playing GTA: San Andreas and deep into my second run through Halo's Campaign mode.