PDA

View Full Version : The Love Issue (no pessimism please !!!)

Elliejabbapop
11-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Perhaps the subject has been around here before, but since it's a hot subject at sw.com...... What do you think Lucas will do with the love issue? I think he could really take advantage of the fact that at this point the love story must be very complex, it's a very strong love but clouded, plus there are children on the way. I'm truly tired of hearing "he'll screw it up once again" and that sort of thing all the time. Let's face it, there have been some pleasant surprises up until now (example: the OT in the teaser), let's not burn everything before it starts.

scruffziller
11-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I certainly believe that The Empy is going to use that to control him.

Rocketboy
11-27-2004, 06:25 PM
I think it will be love that ulitmately destroys Anakin, just as his love for his mother sent him into the dark side to slaughter the Tusken Raiders. I think his love for Padme will be the thing that somehow does him in.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2004, 07:21 PM
SPOILERS

I don't know if there's going to be a lot of time for love in this one, like there was in AOTC. I know they meet after a few months of not seeing each other, and Anakin learns of a little tyke on the way. I don't know whether the Council learns of their marriage, but they probably do, and won't be happy about it.

Something involving their love will probably be one more step in Anakin's undoing.

Hellboy
11-28-2004, 04:58 AM
I certainly hope that GL packs on the emotion in this episode. I'm not a prequel basher but the love story did feel a bit shoe horned into the last film so it would be nice to see how their relationship has evolved. With all of the death surrounding the main characters and the eventual separation of the 2 star-crossed lovers there isn't any reason the love issue shouldn't come to a powerful conclusion.

InsaneJediGirl
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Anakin's love for Padme is very possesive,as is evident in AOTC and slightly in my opinion in TPM with his mother.The Emperor will use the strong feelings Anakin has for Padme(possibly his mother as well) against him.

Anakins lack of control will be his downfall :beard:

kool-aid killer
12-10-2004, 02:26 PM
I think the Emporer somehow causing Padmes death (should she die, i dont read spoilers) to look like its the fault of the Jedi, specifically Obi Wan, would provide Anakin ample reason to revolt against them. Using Anakins anger and hate the Emporer is able to convert him.

I would like to see Lucas show Padme and Anakin having a tender moment, only to have Anakins responsibility as a Jedi intercede and force him to leave her, reluctantly, once again. Then throughout the movie have Anakin make brief mentions of the wanting the Clone Wars to end, missing the "old days," and generally showing that he misses her and wants to spend his time with her. While im somewhat worried that the movie will be rushed, im certain that i will enjoy this one very much and Lucas will somewhat redeem himself among his critics.

The 'Xir
12-16-2004, 01:52 AM
yeah I myself for the most part have stayed spoiler free, and I think you guys are headed in the right direction! To expound on what KAK said, I definitely think Obi-Wan will be the thorn in Anakins side, keeping him from Padme. With all the seeds already planted in AotC..: "I'm really ahead of him", "He doesn't undrstand", "He's holding me back", "He's Jealous".
Already knowing this,"may I recommend an Old friend, perhaps Master Kenobi", Palpatine will definitely manipulate Anakins feelings and futher open any scars or wounds between the two; most likely making Anakin believe that Ben and the Jedi's archaic ways, which(supposedly) are what's keeping him from Padme and achieving his real potential through the Force, must be destroyed in order to accomplish his goals!!!

Remember Lucas stated(on Disc 4 of the OT dvd), that it's Anakin's impatience and his inability to control the things going on around him that are his undoing. So Palpatine will or has created the chaos in Anakins life but will make Anakin think that it's the Jedi and their ways that have really created the chaos. Fear, Anger, Agression, the Dark Side are they! :evil:

El Chuxter
08-30-2010, 01:24 AM
This was handled extremely well. Padme's love being so strong that she died of a broken heart, leaving her two children to be cared for by, well, who cares, it isn't her concern anymore--sheer genius.

[/sarcasm]

sith_killer_99
08-30-2010, 10:37 AM
This was handled extremely well. Padme's love being so strong that she died of a broken heart, leaving her two children to be cared for by, well, who cares, it isn't her concern anymore--sheer genius.

[/sarcasm]

Yes, she died of a broken heart, yet Leia was old enough to remember her...somewhat, feelings mostly.:rolleyes: While Luke, poor guy never knew his mother.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Does anyone use the "SPOILERS" line anymore?!? :mad: No reason to see this film now... :upset:

Wait; I used pessimism. Sorry.

Kool-Aid Killer was pretty close on with those ideas. All in all, having to "rush" the concept, I think it was decent. At least we have the CW cartoon to fill in those gaps with well-written storylines and logical premises based on established chracterizations. Dang! Pessimistic once again!

bigbarada
09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Even the worst love stories can be watchable if there is at least chemistry between the actors. Anakin and Padme didn't fall in love because sparks flew onscreen, they fell in love because it was required by the plot.