PDA

View Full Version : Rotj=obi/vader (WARNING! MASSIVE ROTS SPOILERS AHEAD!)

ANEEL
11-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Lets See What You All Think Of This.
Obi Never Tells Luke That It Was Him Who Kills Ani, Before He Is Turned Into Vader, So If Obi Would Have Told Luke This Info Would He Still Do What He Did, And Not Turned To The Dark Side, Knowing That His Daddy Was Killed By Obi.

Slicker
11-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Luke may have looked past the fact that Obi-Wan killed his father and realized that it was for the better good of the galaxy. Besides Luke never knew his father, so yes it would have been highly upsetting that the man your face-to-face with killed your father and is also training you but there must have been reasons for it being done.

Rocketboy
11-27-2004, 05:21 PM
But you're forgetting one crucial fact: Obi-Wan didn't kill Anakin.

Slicker
11-27-2004, 05:24 PM
I got what he was saying though. And in several things I've read they say that he does kill him and the Emperor brings him back.

ANEEL
11-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Let Me Than Change The ? , Obi Woops Ani So Bad Had The Only Way Ani Would Stay Alive Is W/vader Transformation.
Bottom Line Vader Is What He Is Because Obi Open A Can Of You Know What , But Never Tells Luke That Info , Just Like When He Says ,its A Matter Of The Point Of View.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I doubt Obi-Wan would've said, "Nice to meet you. You know, I killed your dad. Wanna be a Jedi?"

Luke wasn't ready to learn the truth about Vader, I think Yoda even said it in ROTJ. They didn't want the kid to be freaked out before he can do anything. If Obi-Wan had told him about the ROTS events, Luke probably wouldn't've done anything, at least not for a while.

InsaneJediGirl
12-01-2004, 08:04 PM
I agree with the posts above.If Obi-Wan said "Yeah,I killed your dad" Luke would have ran the other way and been in the hands of the Empire.Besides,as we know with Anakin,Jedi training has to be taken in stages and Luke was at a certain stage.

Besides,Anakin in my opinion killed himself,not Obi ;)

Rocketboy
12-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I got what he was saying though. And in several things I've read they say that he does kill him and the Emperor brings him back.Ummm...yeah, that had better not be a spoiler...:mad:

Droid
12-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Ya, nice job with the possible spoiler there slicker. But since I avoid spoilers I am free to hypothesize. Even if Anakin was "technically dead" in ROTS and the Emperor got him revived through medical droids and whatnot, it would not change the fact that Obi-wan did not kill Anakin. If I beat someone until he "died" but they revived him with the paddles or whatever I couldn't be charged with murder!

Vader doesn't say "I am your dead father!" Anakins Skywalker did not die until the hangar of the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

El Chuxter
12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Okay, guys, these are massive spoilers if true. In the future, please keep these comments to the spoiler forums or give us warning (as in huge red letters or something).

Droid
12-02-2004, 01:04 PM
I wasn't saying any spoilers! I don't know any spoilers! I avoid spoilers altogether!

Slicker
12-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry about that guys. I didn't even think it was a spoiler but I'll be way more careful in the future. Sorry if I ruined the movie for anyone.

Droid
12-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Slicker, some of us may hate spoilers, but I doubt you could ruin the movie for me if you read me the script! :)

Rocketboy
12-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Sorry about that guys. I didn't even think it was a spoiler but I'll be way more careful in the future. Sorry if I ruined the movie for anyone.Yes, you've completely and totally ruined the movie for me. This is worse than seeing "Qui-Gon's Funeral" on the TPM soundtrack just days before TPM opened (and after being so careful!).

I am so devestated that I must take a vacation to the Caribbean and won't be able to see ROTS on opening day. It may take me an extra day or two...

(Yes, the above is a joke...mostly :D)

mrpauldeeds
12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
for this thread look in spoilers.