PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Skywalkers Lightsaber Boxed pictures!!!

GNT
12-30-2001, 01:06 AM
Go here (http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=172364) to check out boxed images of Anakins Battle Clash lightsaber(Role play?)

And its only worth 40 Jedi Points!sheesh,check them out before they are pulled!!

Thoughts?

AmanaMatt
12-30-2001, 02:35 AM
pretty sweet; prsonally, I like the packaging design

Jargo
12-30-2001, 06:36 AM
Nice pic of Anakin, even if it is just posed for the publicity material and these packaging designs.
I'm not a terribly big fan of lightsabers but this one does look quite nice. I may purchase one to go with my Maul saber. They make great nightlights y'know......... :rolleyes:

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 08:14 AM
I like it and I will have to get one.

Do you remember the old lightsabers? They looked like an ever-ready with a cone on it.I had one when I was a kid and wished I still had it.Oh the memories.:)

derek
12-30-2001, 12:12 PM
is this the "role play" saber?

there were two kinds of sabers released for episode 1, the full sized electronic, like the one pictured, and a smaller one that let the blade fold up all the way into the hilt.

which of these two is the role play version?
it's funny they would put the on/off switch on the beltclip.

anyway, thanks GNT. cool find!

GNT
12-30-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by derek
is this the "role play" saber?

there were two kinds of sabers released for episode 1, the full sized electronic, like the one pictured, and a smaller one that let the blade fold up all the way into the hilt.

which of these two is the role play version?
it's funny they would put the on/off switch on the beltclip.

anyway, thanks GNT. cool find!

I "believe" its the full size electronic one and not the smaller one :)

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Cool pic of anakin, great pic of lightsaber.
:confused: Whens this comming out because i need one.

thanks gnt.

clonetroper.

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:41 PM
Probably around the release of AOTC or possibly around April 22

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:57 PM
hey gnt.

is hasbro planning to realese a obiwan saber????

if so what colour would it be??
blue
or
green

master jedi
12-30-2001, 10:17 PM
Personally I don't like the packaging on this saber. It looks too much like the package design from the '80's. I don't mind the same look on the carded figures though.

GNT
12-30-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Personally I don't like the packaging on this saber. It looks too much like the package design from the '80's. I don't mind the same look on the carded figures though.

Well since it is the 25th Anniversary of ANH next year,the new packaging is meant to look the late 70s/early 80s packaging :)

derek
12-30-2001, 11:12 PM
hasbro already has released the obi-wan saber. the one he has in episode 2 is exactly the same as the one from episode 1. i know a lot of folks had trouble finding it, so hopefully they'll re-release it in AOTC packaging.

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 11:17 PM
no derek obiwan has not got the same one in epidode 1. ive seen pics. hes got a green one and a blue one...

which one will hasbro realese....

GNT
12-30-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by derek
hasbro already has released the obi-wan saber. the one he has in episode 2 is exactly the same as the one from episode 1. i know a lot of folks had trouble finding it, so hopefully they'll re-release it in AOTC packaging.

I can hear the complaints coming now!

derek
12-31-2001, 09:05 AM
have you seen the OFFICIAL photos of obi wan with a blue saber on the starwars.com site? if not do so. it is blue.

have you seen the official photo of the episode 2 obi wan 3 3/4 action figure? his saber is blue. it's on hasbros site.

you can pretend it's green, but it's exactly like his episode 1 saber. personally, i would of preferred he use qui-gon's saber.

we do know anakin picks up a green saber at the end of the film, but it's not his saber. maybe obi-wan will also pick one up, but his saber is blue. if you have photos, prove me wrong.........

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 10:45 PM
true very true derek.
but i know obiwan uses a green one a some point in AOTC.
correct me if iam wrong.......