PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Jedi Starfighter & Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster

Ji'dai
11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Star Wars Insider #79 arrived today; the issue features pics of upcoming Episode III toys. Attached are pics of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and a Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster. Also in the issue were pics of some of the preview figure wave: R4-G9, GG, Tion Meddon, and a Wookie Warrior.

The starfighter has opening cockpit and wings, firing missiles, and other "special modifications."

If role-play is your thing, use your Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster to drench friends from 35 feet away. It also features electronic sound effects.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-30-2004, 05:07 PM
That Jedi Starfighter is sweet! Notice how the symbol is that of the Empire, not the Republic. I like the R2-D2. I wonder if the TRU version's Anakin will just be the basic one?

That Wookiee blaster looks odd, design-wise. I suppose it would be fun though.

Ji'dai
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
I could've swore that I've seen that symbol on [Old] Republic military vehicles in the prequels. Maybe the symbol changes whenever a new Chancellor is elected. This particular symbol may be Palpatine's. Chancellor Valorum had unique symbol (which can be seen on the podium during his Senate speeches and on the staff that comes with his figure).

I bet the wings on this fighter flip up to resemble the panel-wings on a TIE.

plasticfetish
12-03-2004, 03:35 AM
If role-play is your thing, use your Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster to drench friends from 35 feet away. It also features electronic sound effects.The combo of water and electronics really sounds like a bad idea to me. I just hope that we'll get to see lots of TV ads featuring Wookiees running around squirting each other.

aceguide
12-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I am looking forward to the new starfighter. The questions is - are you a sucker (like me) and will you pick it up immediately - OR - will you wait a month or two for it to come with the Anakin pack-in?!?

Slicker
12-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm the biggest sucker around. I'll get this one immediately and then when the one with the Ani packed in comes out I'll B***h and moan but I'll still get it without any hesitation.

plasticfetish
12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I am looking forward to the new starfighter. The questions is - are you a sucker (like me) and will you pick it up immediately - OR - will you wait a month or two for it to come with the Anakin pack-in?!?Oh yeah, chances are good that I'll pick it up right away (unless it really sucks in person.) If they do a pack-in version, then that's the one I'd probably keep boxed.

jedi master sal
12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah, chances are good that I'll pick it up right away (unless it really sucks in person.) If they do a pack-in version, then that's the one I'd probably keep boxed.

Same here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I could've swore that I've seen that symbol on [Old] Republic military vehicles in the prequels. Maybe the symbol changes whenever a new Chancellor is elected. This particular symbol may be Palpatine's. Chancellor Valorum had unique symbol (which can be seen on the podium during his Senate speeches and on the staff that comes with his figure).

I bet the wings on this fighter flip up to resemble the panel-wings on a TIE.
Actually, the ones in AOTC (ie on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship) it has eight little lines coming out of the center. In ROTS, and the OT, there are six. They look similar but actually aren't.

I also noticed how te wings are closed on this one, and in some newer pics of the new Jedi Starfighter, though open in others. It looks like Hasbro was right on the money back in 2002 with the spring-open wings feature.

Ji'dai
12-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Actually, the ones in AOTC (ie on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship) it has eight little lines coming out of the center. In ROTS, and the OT, there are six. They look similar but actually aren't.
Weird. I wonder if the symbol change signifies something or if it's just a continuity error.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Weird. I wonder if the symbol change signifies something or if it's just a continuity error.
Obviously, the Empire is created in ROTS. As such, the designs are likely changed to match it. I suppose the Jedi Starfighters are used mostly early, before the Empire is formed.

It's not an error, not on Hasbro's part anyway; in the Insider from a few months ago (with the classic characters on front) there's several pics of the new ship and they show the Empire logo (which I didn't catch until I saw this pic on here).

Darth Alex
12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
I am looking forward to the new starfighter. The questions is - are you a sucker (like me) and will you pick it up immediately - OR - will you wait a month or two for it to come with the Anakin pack-in?!?
I'm guessing from the photos on the various sites that the Ep3 Ani and the SA Clone are for a refresh of the Vader carrying case.
However, I thought I read somewhere that this ship would come with an Anakin Pilot pack in...does it?
I'll buy it straight out and hold on for word if there is a single carded pilot or an exclusive ala Obi Wan/Starfighter at KB....

BTW-great looking ship, nice R2 as well. I don't buy the Play "guns"/Sabers, but that Wookie Blaster looks sweet.