PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Wensday Lineup

InsaneJediGirl
12-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm glad to see something remotely Sci-Fi/Paranormal is back on the channel,although it doesnt make up for MST3K.Does anyone watch Proof Positive and Ghost Hunters?Both are fairly good shows,although I think Ghost Hunters is a bit too much like American Chopper with all the arguements.

James Boba Fettfield
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
I have been watching this Wednesday lineup since they premiered it. I was disappointed when they aired that extreme magic s***, what the hell was up with that show?

I really like Ghost Hunters, but Proof Positive I could go without. I liked it the first few times I saw it, but now I don't pay much attention to it when I have it on.

But Ghost Hunters, I hope that series has a second season.

InsaneJediGirl
12-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Ghost Hunters for a second season would be great.I love watching to see what shows up on film and actually happens.The best moment would be the sound guy getting knocked off his feet and the image of the man crouching and walking away in the prison.

I remeber the extreme magic thing,Wasnt it airing at a time when magic was all the rage,like TV poker?

James Boba Fettfield
12-03-2004, 09:48 PM
I don't know why it was airing on Wednesday. I know it disrupted my viewing when they showed its first episode. Because of it they moved Proof Positive to ten o'clock for the night. Then the next week they had Proof Positive back on at 8pm and put THEM (totally hidden extreme magic) on at 10:30pm. Or maybe it was at 10pm.

I could understand if sci-fi was airing this back when the masked magician and David Blaine (spelling on that name?) were all the rage, but this show aired only a few weeks ago. Then it just disappeared.

InsaneJediGirl
12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Wasnt that Scare Tatics?I remember a few weeks back Scare Tatics got put on at 8,then Ghost Hunters at 9,then Proof Postive at 10.(EST Time) I remember it only lasting a week,because I got miffed that they put on that stupid show.I dont recall seeing a magic show on Wensday over the last couple of weeks.

James Boba Fettfield
12-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Scare Tactics and this magic show aired together both times they showed it. I think they would show Scare Tactics for the first half hour, then the second half they showed the magic show.

It was a lot like Scare Tactics. They pull magic tricks on unsuspecting people and film their reactions before revealing they are on a hidden camera show.

http://www.scifi.com/them/

But that night you mention Proof Positive being moved to 10pm for the night...well, that was the night they showed the first episode of that show with Scare Tactics. The next week they put the schedule back to normal and showed it with Scare Tactics at 10.

After those two weeks, the show just up and vanished.

InsaneJediGirl
12-04-2004, 10:51 PM
I recall now seeing a commerical spot for that show.I thought it was going to be in another time bracket.The disappearance of the show also explains why I havent seen it around :D Thanks for clearing that up JBF.

Off topic,but did you catch that UFO Special yesterday?I was suprised it was even on,normally History Channel has been carrying stuff like that

James Boba Fettfield
12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Are you talking about a UFO special that was on Friday? It was on during the day, right? Somewhere between 8am and 4pm?

I do tend to watch Sci-Fi's Daily Rotation Monday-Friday because my classes don't kill most of my day. On Friday I think that 8-4 slot was full of alien stuff. I did not watch it because I am not normally interested in the UFO's and ET's and what have you. I was also playing a lot of the The Legend of Zelda: The Minnish Cap, so I missed out on any tv watching.

I did watch the Daily Rotation all the other days this week, though. They were showing some weird stuff, like Beyond Bizarre, Miracles, and something called Ghost Stories, I think. A lot of hidden gems there, even if the shows were a bit dated. I don't believe any of the shows were produced any later than the mid-90's.

I see a lot of put downs for Sci-Fi, but it's probably the channel that I have on most of the time. Not many other places where I can watch The Outer Limits (new and old), Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, Beyond Belief, Sliders, and many other scifi/fantasy/horror shows on tv. It's all in their daily rotation, I tell ya!

Keep in mind this is from 8am-4pm for the upcoming week. It's got me excited, because I have been wanting to watch some Night Visions again.

Monday: Amazing Stories (this show is alright, some people love it, there's a few good episodes, worth a watch)
Tuesday: Night Visions (Henry Rollins hosts! He'll f*** you up if you don't watch this horror anthology)
Wednesday: The Outer Limits (the new, not 60's, series)
Thursday: The Twilight Zone
Friday: Beyond Belief

So I watch a lot of Sci-Fi during the day, but Wednesday is usually the only day I watch them for primetime entertainment.