PDA

View Full Version : How Big Is Your Armies

X13VADER
12-02-2004, 09:44 AM
I See There Is A Couple Of Kinds Of Collectors.i Was Wondering How Large Of An Army Do Some Of You Have? In Loose Form I Have About 500 Imperial Forces Of All Kinds From The Emperor To The Stoormtroopers.

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I have just started Army Building. I have about 20-25 stormtroopers, 20-25 clones, arcs and such of thier likeness. I also have abnout 4 biker scouts. In the off months after the Cantina wave comes out, I will purchase some more.

jedi master sal
12-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I've mentioned my list several times, and don't feel like reposting the whole thing, but I can tell you that I have:
Approx 300 clones
A couple hundred stormtroopers
About 100 battle droids (including both the tan and red versions, not seperately-though I'd like to).

On average I have about 20-30 each of what I consider minor army builders, like:
Biker Scout
Rebel soldier
Hoth Rebel soldier
Snowtroopers
Sandtroopers
Imperil Gunners
Imp officers
Imp Troopers (Death Star squad commanders-the new ones not the vintage ones. Now there's a name that takes you back though, huh?)

and so on. I basically collect them in higher numbers according to how much you would see them in the movies.

I've lost count how many total figs I have. That's why I've made a spreadsheet for all of them. I know I'm over 2000 figures, just don't know how much over. I'd have to add them all up in the spreadsheet.

Before you Excel gurus pounce on me about how to do that, I did not categorize them all the same. Ones opened may be indiviual or mulitple if stuffed in a bag with others. Carded ones again may be an indiviual listing or not depending on how many are on card. For instance, the three pack of clones are counted as one even though there are 3 clones. I may have a listing of 5 blue 3 pack of clones, so the real total of actual action figures for that listing is 15, but it's only 1 entry. So that's why I'd have to physically go in and add them all to get accurate and complete numbers.

Anyway, let's just say I have alot.

I'm surprised Tycho hasn't given up his offerings to this thread yet. He's our resident expert when it comes to army building CORE characters. I usually only buy 2-4 of each core character depending on using in dioramas, but he (am I'm guessing an average here, but I'm sure he'll correct me) gets roughly 12 of each figure (that we wouldn't typically army build). He likes to set his figs up in each scene of the movies, so his need is warranted by his type of army building. I'm certain his area retailers love to see him coming. He buys up alot of the same kind of stock that pegwarms everywhere else.

Thinking about that, I could sure use a Tycho out here...

(BTW, Tycho, when you read that, I wasn't trying to step on toes, just making an observation based on our serveral year friendship online, please feel free to correct me if I've misspoke)

-Sal

Devo
12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I'd love to army build but I can't for many reasons:

A) I'm a post-college scrounger/no job

B) Each figure costs me 12.50Euros (it used to be up to 18Euros, relatively recently though it stabilised at the aforementioned price - in the US you'd consider that a major rip-off and you'd be correct)

C) Serious problems of figure availability, only one (ONE!!!) store I know of (in Dublin, Ireland) still sells Star Wars and it seems to be very selective in the figures it buys in - usually avoiding waves with good army builders

D) or maybe they do buy in these figures but I just miss them because its not practical for me to check the store every single week

I always leap on any opportunity to moan, forgive me.

Darkross
12-31-2004, 02:18 PM
I have a couple of small armies:

25 Stormtroopers
14 Clean Biker Scouts
11 Dirty Biker Scouts
20 Hoth Rebel Soldiers
8 Snow Troopers
3 Imperial Officers
2 Death Star Troopers
3 Death Star Gunners
6 Tie Pilots

That's about it...don't collect the Prequel stuff...otherwise I'd probably have several Clone troopers.

dr_evazan22
01-02-2005, 12:46 AM
JMS - do you have any pics of your collection? Would love to see some!

Val Da Car
01-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Do Clone troopers count?

for example I have the following Original Trilogy

17 Tie Pilots (old & new)
108 Stormtroopers (10 VOTC)
10 Scout Troopers (Dirty, Clean & BattleFrontesque still in package)
48 Snowtroopers (3 Potf? + Saga + OTC)
1 AT-AT Driver
30 Imperial Scanning/Troopers
3 Death Star Gunners
24 Imperial Officers (Ozzel + POTJ + Saga + Tarkin)
14 Sandtroopers (Orange + White + Grey + Black Paltroons?)

I will check my clone trooper figures if they are considered to be counted.

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Count them Val, I did.

jedi master sal
01-05-2005, 03:08 PM
JMS - do you have any pics of your collection? Would love to see some!

Unfortunately not yet. I just moved most of my collection into a cold starge facility. I did however video the whole collection. I did that for insurance purposes. Once I'm done putting that to DVD for the insurance company, I'll see if I can Vid-Cap some shots and post them. ( I had to move the collection because two weeks before the holidays, my basement storage was broken into. Thankfully they only got aout $100 in books, that I can easily replace. I was going to move this into storage this month anyway, but the break-in just accelerated my plans)

BTW, I better add that I'm getting the "BIG" case of SA clones that is the EE.com exclusive. (That's three sets of the 4 variant clone packs of four-for a total of 48 more clones, at one shot)

Dark Knight
01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Here is some of my troops in formation:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v629/dkotr2005/?multi=3&addtype=

Val Da Car
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
126 Clone related Troopers including 17 Pilots, 30 Red Clone, 4 Super Articulated, Multiple 3 packs from Clone Wars, Arc Troopers, 2 Animated Clone troopers...I will post pics in the next couple of days.

stillakid
01-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Here is some of my troops in formation:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v629/dkotr2005/?multi=3&addtype=

I want to see photo #11 after somebody unwittingly opens that door. :eek:

Dark Knight
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I locked the door before set up the figures. I did not want to start over again!! :D :eek: :D

bigbarada
01-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Right now my Imperial Army is limited to just 10 VOTC Stormtroopers (that's $100 worth of Stormtroopers :mad: ) and 2 OTC TIE Pilots.

I'm going to wait and see which other Imperial troopers get the Super-Articulated treatment before I decide to do any more army building.

Here's hoping we get a new Biker Scout and AT-AT Driver soon. :cool:

jedi master sal
01-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Okay, so I checked my spreadsheet for clones and if I include the big case of SA clones I'll be getting (the EE exclusive), then I will have at that point 483 Clonetroopers (Ep2 style) of varying kinds. Yikes, more than I had thought.

This includes:
Previews
Red (on Saga card)
Clone Pilot
3-packs
Wal*Mart 2-packs
SA
Japanese bootleg...
Sliver (TRU exclusive)
EE exclusive

I think that covers all of the action figure size variations. Don't have my spreadsheet here at work to check, but wow I didn't think I had that many clones. I guess it's a sickness... When should I stop? Hmmm, I'm not that far from 500 Clones. If I can strike a deal with Tycho for his clones, then I'll probably stop. (Maybe...)

-Sal

DarthQuack
01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
My congratulations....but that is just INSANE!!!!!! We are approaching 500 figures in the line and you just about have that many in Clones alone....lol damn

tgr3328
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
No wonder I've had so much trouble finding them in the stores. :ermm:

Devo
01-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Now I'm at 1 CT stormie, 1 stormie from the imperial 4 pack, 1 VOTC stormie, 4 SA clones. Oh wait this is a thread about armies, sorry. Nope I've no armies.

MandalorianKid
01-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Still New here. Heres my crap-tac-u-lar Armies. With the exception of the "Mandalorians" i have no vintage figures included in any army. All are assortmed POTF2 till now)

Stormies: 56 (40 Something of which were bought on clearence for $1.87. Greatest find ever)

Snow: 9

Sand: 12

Scout: 7 (:ermm: Some army huh?)

Dark: 4

Space: 4

AT-ST: 12

AT-AT: 4

Tie Pilots: 8

Scan Troops: 5

Imperial Officers: 4

Fleet Troop: 7

Hoth Soliders: 20 somthing

Veers/Commander: 2

Royal Guards: 19

Imperial Hlemsmen (Customs): 3

Clone Troopers: 4 something

Clone Pilots: 20 even

Mandalorians (Customs): 100 somthing (Most of which are either POTF2 Boba's or Saga Kamino Jango's. Once again most were clearenced items)

There. The one army i have is the one never shown on screen.:)

Darkross
02-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I have a couple of small armies:

25 Stormtroopers
14 Clean Biker Scouts
11 Dirty Biker Scouts
20 Hoth Rebel Soldiers
8 Snow Troopers
3 Imperial Officers
2 Death Star Troopers
3 Death Star Gunners
6 Tie Pilots

That's about it...don't collect the Prequel stuff...otherwise I'd probably have several Clone troopers.

I've since picked up 8 Scanning Troopers

Devo
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Now I'm at 1 CT stormie, 1 stormie from the imperial 4 pack, 1 VOTC stormie, 4 SA clones. Oh wait this is a thread about armies, sorry. Nope I've no armies.

I now have 6 VOTC stormies, 4 OTC biker scouts and 2 scanning troopers. Still no army but I'm doing what I can with what I can get when I have the means.

CrunchyNug
02-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Here are a few of my Clone Troopers...

Val Da Car
02-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Do Imperial Droids count?