PDA

View Full Version : Steve Sansweet's collection on History Channel

CrunchyNug
12-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I work for New Wave Entertainment in Hollywood and I just wanted to pass along a bit of info. Recently our production company produced a 2 hour special for the History Channel entitled "Private Collections." It's about all kinds of people that have huge collections of all kinds of things, sports memerabilia, musical instruments, cars, airplanes, tanks, and yes...Star Wars toys.

For the show, we interviewed who else but Steve Sanweet for the Star Wars segment. Personally, I was involved in the editing of the show, but additionally, I was able to contribute some of MY collection for a few shots of some loose toys. I wanted to put in a plug and let you know that it will be airing this Monday 12/6/04, on The History Channel at 9pm. It will re-air on Tuesday 12/7/04 at 1 am, and again on Saturday 12/10/04 at 10pm. These are Pacific times by the way.

Each segment is less than 10 minutes, but Steve's section shows us his amazing collection that we've haven't seen in quite some time, so tune in. Just a heads up for the fans.

- CrunchyNug

Rocketboy
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
History Channel? Star Wars?
I'm so there!

Thanks for the info!

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 05:25 PM
I have never seen his collection. Gonna tape this one though.

CrunchyNug
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Here's a link...

www.historychannel.com/global/listings/series_showcase.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=12170009&NetwCode=THC

Slicker
12-02-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm so there. I've tried to find pictures of his collection on the internet but I've only found a couple of crappy ones. I'll set the event timer for this one.

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
I'll set the event timer for this one.

Just set mine. I wish my DVR had an editing program in it though. :beard:

Rocketboy
12-02-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm so there. I've tried to find pictures of his collection on the internet but I've only found a couple of crappy ones. I'll set the event timer for this one.Stop stealin' my words, kid!

Anyway, there was an article on the Insider a few months ago that had some great pics of Sansweet's collection.

Slicker
12-02-2004, 09:54 PM
One of my favorite things is to go to the Collector's Collections on RS. Some of those people have amazing collections with every vintage item ever made and then you get the guy that takes a picture Jar Jar Binks and a random Star Wars book.

Turbowars
12-02-2004, 09:56 PM
You didn't mention that you are the narrator, or did something change Nugg?

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 10:19 PM
I am your host, Crunchy Nugg. Please stay tuned. :D :beard:

Just messing with ya, but you should say that.

CrunchyNug
12-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Well, as far as the voice over goes, unfortunately it was temporary. They replaced my voice with a real professional. This happens all the time in the post production process. It was nice to have some of my collection featured in the show. I can't compete with Sansweet, but a handfull of shots did make it into the final version. Anytime you see loose figures set up against a black background, and they are quick shots, those are my toys!!!

stillakid
12-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Crunchy, thanks for the update. Been so busy, I lost touch with this one. If I can toot my own horn for a second, y'all have me to thank for this (if I remember the sequence of events correctly...it's been awhile).

Many moons ago, when I was wandering through the New Wave office, one of the jr. producers told me about the collecting show they were putting together. I was just one of the geeks wandering the place, but I knew that one of the other in-house producers was friends with Mr. Sansweet. We had been talking about some kind of visit up there anyway. He hadn't heard about the show yet so I put him together with the Exec. on it. The rest, as they say, is History. Of course, the idea was that I would get to go up and shoot the segment up there, but circumstances prevented it from happening. :( Oh well. One day, when I get some time....

Can't wait to see it! :)

Slicker
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I'll get it all started by saying DAMN!!! I never knew how much he had. You all watched it so I won't go into detail saying what was in it but WOW!!! I never knew how much was out there. I have no chance in hell of ever getting anything close all of it. Lucas must pay that man well. Or he just eats cat food.

JediTricks
12-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Nice work Crunchy, though I wish we had seen more and from further back to really take in the scope of it all. Oh, and if you ever talk to Sansweet again, kick his butt for using the inferior Master Replicas Anakin saber instead of the Vader one which is 10 times cooler. :D

stillakid
12-08-2004, 12:18 AM
I talked with one of the producer types tonight about the show. I asked if they used all the footage they shot up there because I was interested in seeing the raw tapes otherwise. The answer was essentially, yes. Mainly because they didn't shoot everything Sansweet has. Way too much stuff so the show only illustrates a relatively small portion of what's up there.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I missed it... :( I was planning on catching it but life got in the way. *sigh* Oh, well.

Rocketboy
12-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Repeats my friend. Repeats.
(Saturday 12/10/04 at 10pm Pacific)

stillakid
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
TIVO (http://www.tivo.com) :cool:

CrunchyNug
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Anyone notice my toys??? We set up a Hoth diorama and a Tatooine diorama. They're quick shots against a black background.

Kidhuman
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Repeats my friend. Repeats.
(Saturday 12/10/04 at 10pm Pacific)

Actually, it is Saturday 12/11/o4 at 10 am EST. I missed it the first go around, but will have it then.

Slicker
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
You guys that missed it will not be disappointed. Actually the entire show was interesting to watch. Some of the other collections especially the Elvis collection were really good.

Kidhuman
12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I saw Goldberg and Steven Segal on the beginning of it, couldnt help but laugh.

JediTricks
12-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Anyone notice my toys??? We set up a Hoth diorama and a Tatooine diorama. They're quick shots against a black background. I did, very cool, I was glad I read that fact before I saw the piece, made it more fun to know those were your figs. :D

Steven Seagal's collection segment was weird because Seagal layed all these expensive, irreplaceable, fragile guitars directly on his lawn where dirt and water reign supreme.

bobafrett
12-14-2004, 10:24 AM
I didn't see it, but from what I understand they showed a picture from the Sunday photo shoot at CII that I was in (Stormtroopers on the RCA Dome staircase). I'm a part of the Sansweet collection! Okay, so it's just a p9icture, but cool none the less.

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Wow, his collection is huge!!!!. He has stuff we only dream about. Vintage in case fresh boxes...WOW.

Crunchy, saw your toys, nice tough. I liked your set ups.