PDA

View Full Version : Dannik Jerriko. What were you thinking hasbro?

Turbowars
12-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Hasbro must be high. They didn't notice the huge holes in his face. LOL, what a joke.lol

Slicker
12-02-2004, 11:04 PM
That looks absolutely horrendous. They should've tried using magnets or something. Make his hair red yarn and you have Raggady Andy.

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Good Lord, he must have had a bad case of acne when he was a kid. Here is what he should look like.

dindae
12-03-2004, 12:18 AM
That is bad. What is the point of making them removable if it leaves you with that? They should have made two heads instead. Disappointing. :(

Reefer Shark
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM
No kidding, that's just plain nasty...

Droid
12-03-2004, 10:16 AM
It is awful, but perhaps buying more than one would be a good idea and some quick customizing with putty or something could help.

JediTricks
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
They should have figured out something better, 2 heads would have been the best solution. This just looks terrible, I'm going to have to rethink my interest in buying this figure over this.

Turbowars
12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I know what you mean JT. I will just do some customizing, but we really shouldn't have to. Now with the price increase, there's no reason why he didn't come with 2 heads. The thing is with me, we didn't grow up seeing this guy with crap coming out of his head. We just know him as the snooty pipe smoker.

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 11:02 PM
LOL Turbo....thats a good one.

I agree with both of you on this, it looks absolutely horrendous. I have seen better heads on a mug of beer.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-04-2004, 12:06 AM
WHOA! Looks more like ebola than acne!

jjreason
12-05-2004, 04:17 AM
It's bloody awful. Jabba's removable tongue suddenly looks BRILLIANT in comparison to this ghastly thing. It's so bad in fact, that I think someone should design a special smiley icon with holes on his sad face to represent your feelings when you finally get a figure - and it blows goats. :dead:

Oh, and another thing. Why does every little-known patron in the Cantina have to the "most dangerous member of his species" or something? Why can't anyone have "just popped in for a quick pint and a drag"?

I guess that wouldn't sell figures though, would it? I'm surprised Lobot's cardback didn't have him made out to be a former killer wanted on 50 systems....... :rolleyes:

Turbowars
12-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh but JJ, Lobot is a wanted in a at least one system. The Star Trec System. There, he was a killer of women and children.

TheDarthVader
12-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree. This head is horrible. Why would a toy maker do this? I know that many of us would have been more satisfied if they would have just made a plain face that did not even include those sucker thingies. Very stupid move, HASBRO.

B.
TDV

Slicker
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Especially since the suckers are an EU thing to begin with. I could defenitely do without them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-06-2004, 10:15 PM
I got this figure today and granted, i keep them MOC, he looks nicely done.. lol I can see how openers wouldn't like it. However, I never knew he would suck out his victims brain matter and blood. Hey, Lucas, give a scene with that stuff in it! And then hasbro, give us a victimized head and body when you rehash this figure a few years down the road. :)

Jaff
12-20-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm an opener of every figure, and unfortunately this figure is terrible. Hasbro could have made two heads for this figure just like they did with Luke Dagobah. Dannik does not appear in the movie with his probiscus hanging out, so why make him so. He looks very goofy with his three holes in his face, and I can only cover up one. What a empty headed sculpt!

plasticfetish
12-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Yeah, two heads would have been better than one in this case. ;) I haven't opened my Dannik up yet, (I'm using it to bribe myself to finish a project) but I can already tell, as nice of a toy as it is, that I would have rather he didn't have the extra face holes.

Just the same though, the EU brain sucker idea is kind of cool, so I'm not completely upset about this. From a "play value" standpoint the whole idea is a good one. There's nothing I'd rather have than my kid learning about through play, than how to suck the brains of someone out through their nose. The kid's gotta learn about dangerous space aliens and the gruesome realities of having to deal with them sometime -- what better time than now? Thanks Hasbro! ;)

mastermatt24
12-21-2004, 12:23 AM
I havent seen one of these in person, yet alone an opened one- but could they have just colored the insides of the holes the flesh tone? How deep are the holes? I have to say that its does look absolutley terrible with those deep red gashes.. I really did laugh when I clicked on the pic. Why couldnt they just give him a special smoking feature, and a extra pack for later?
Doesnt Hasbro look at these things before they go out? I think I got myself a question for the Hasbro panel next year.. (Holding up a headshot of the stupidist looking figure with holes) WHAT THE FREAK WERE YOU SMOKING WHEN YOU MADE THIS PIECE OF PLASTIC?

(PS. I dont smoke.)

MandalorianKid
12-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Humm. i've been waiting for this figure for a long time and now......well..........i guess im gonna need some scuply.:confused:

TheDarthVader
12-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Fortuantely, I am a moc collector so this figure will never be opened anyway. It is the principle! Hasbro should have made two heads.

B.
TDV

sluray
12-22-2004, 01:26 PM
I agree. The figure looks bad.

kool-aid killer
12-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Whoa! Dannik looks horrible with the three holes in his face. Looks like another patron busted some caps in his grill. While im not too big on the look with them hanging out, im afraid hes going to have to stay that way, he doesnt look so fugly like that.

jedi master sal
12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Just use some sculpy to fill in the holes. It's a quick fix and looks passable.

You'll just have to buy two of him if you want one with his probiscus hanging out. And maybe another to keep carded.

That's what I'm doing for him (buying three that is)

Turambar
12-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I know what you mean JT. I will just do some customizing, but we really shouldn't have to. Now with the price increase, there's no reason why he didn't come with 2 heads. The thing is with me, we didn't grow up seeing this guy with crap coming out of his head. We just know him as the snooty pipe smoker.

Great point. We collectors must suffer because some hack writer made up a stupid story about a brain-sucking freak. All I saw in the movie was a burned out opium addict.

Turbowars
12-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Hasbro can do the same thing with the Tonka Sisters. That way they can go around the likeness issue.

plasticfetish
12-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Just use some sculpy to fill in the holes. It's a quick fix and looks passable. You'll just have to buy two of him if you want one with his probiscus hanging out. And maybe another to keep carded. That's what I'm doing for him (buying three that is)I've got mine opened now (I'll put pics in the Database pretty soon) and the face tentacle thing sucks (no pun intended.) I'm gonna probably end up buying a second one at some point, if they ever go on sale or get marked down, to customize like JMS suggested.

On the plus side, it's a nice basic figure with some good, but not great (read below) articulation and some cool accessories. It's great to put him on the shelf with the rest of my cantina figures, and I'm happy Hasbro worked as hard as they did on him.

On the negative side, the lack of a "plain" face with no holes is stupid. Two heads would have been excellent. The other problem I have is that his right arm isn't articulated to where you can even really pose him with the pipe in his mouth. So, the mouth hole is a waste.

Solution: Hasbro should put out a variant with no brain suckers, (I'm surprised they didn't do this) or offer a head version online with no holes.

joe-da
12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey, I'm still waiting for a Jawa with yellow eyes and no "light piping thing" on its head.... Is that too much to ask for? And to make Wat Tambor perfect, all he needed was some swiveling in the right arm. Another figure "ruined".

Now, Dannik has a "bowling ball" face - with the three holes. EU on non-EU figures??!!??? What the who?

Will this madness never end?

Turambar
01-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I've tried several times, but the pipe is too flimsy and the wrong size to even fit in his mouth hole.
Why did they feel the need to ruin such a great sculpt?

evenflow
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
They should have given him 2 heads, but what can you do. I bought him anyway.

AmanaMatt
01-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I scored this fig today and will go out on a limb and say I like the tenticle things on his face, if for no other reason to make him seem more 'alien.' I normally hate anything that messes with the classic movies (damn you Lucas!), but, for some reason, I dig the fig.

Two heads would have been the way to go, absolutely.

mastermatt24
01-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I scored this fig today and will go out on a limb and say I like the tenticle things on his face, if for no other reason to make him seem more 'alien.' .... for some reason, I dig the fig.

Yea! Got mine today too and he does seem to look better in person, he really does look alien. I really like this one too, but I have to be honest I passed on getting a second one (bad idea? :confused: ) and got extras of the gotal and Myo insted.. Thinking about it I might go back and get it..

AmanaMatt
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Of the three cantina aliens, he is the weakest, but as a whole, I am very happy with the set of the the three.

I saw the preview wave at Target and the whole Clone wave 3, but at $6.99 each, I passed on all. Target = not a good price now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I got him yesterday. He's not as bad as the picture suggests, but I would've liked it better if he had no holes at all. As it is, though, it's pretty good.

Slicker
01-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I picked him up over the Christmas holiday and he's not bad. He's the worst of the 3 but it's not a bad sculpt. The only thing I don't like about this Cantina wave is that they gave all of the same background behind the figure.

mastermatt24
01-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Yea- The backgrounds suck! Maybe for one of them, but all three?? :rolleyes: Come on!! :mad:

Fluke Skywalker
01-10-2005, 07:31 AM
I was going to get two of each of the Cantina wave, one to open and one to keep carded. Then I saw that they all had the same backgrounds! Geez! I Love Myo and Feltpern (What a name) but Dannik looks a bit like Dean Stockwell did in Dune, which would be cool if it were a Dune figure and not a SW one. :frus:

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I think its alright. The backgorunds are horrid, the fact they used all three are the same

Welcome to the Boards Fluke.

JediTricks
01-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I was shocked at how poor the weathering paint was on all 3 cantina figures when I finally saw them, and the things in Dannik's face are pink which doesn't match his coloring. Honestly, Hasbro worked hard to make me not want these.

plasticfetish
01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
I was going to get two of each of the Cantina wave, one to open and one to keep carded.Yeah... I usually like to keep a carded version of any new aliens, but this time I've opted to only keep one (can you guess?) of those 3 carded. The new price is really gonna make me cut down on buying 2 of any figure -- esp. since I end up buying 3 of each (one for the kid also) sometimes.

Fluke Skywalker
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the Boards Fluke.

Thanks! Good to be here.

mastermatt24
01-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah welcome to the boards! :D