PDA

View Full Version : DARKLORD's Custom Action Figures (Part 5)

DARKLORD_67
12-04-2004, 12:55 AM
BEN OBI-WAN KENOBI:
Custom Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:

Various problems plagued the different Obi-Wans offered through the years. In my opinion, the biggest offense was to constantly sculpt the folds of his robes as his legs (Vintage Kenner), or as wearable rubber appliances (POTF II and POTJ) that limited the figure’s movement.

GOAL:

I wanted a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of the former Jedi General as he appeared in A New Hope. He had to reflect the eccentric, old Jedi hermit living as an outlaw in the Jundland Wastes of Tatooine. It was important to me that this Custom action figure be able to SIT DOWN in Luke’s X-34 Landspeeder, So I knew that a cloth skirt and outer robe were going to be a must. Also, he had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic… Before the dark times. Before the Empire!!”

RECIPIE:

1) POTJ Ben Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight (Head, torso, arms)
2) SAGA Lando Calrissian: Jabba’s Sail Barge (Pelvis, Legs)
3) SAGA Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Star Fighter Pilot: (Cloth hooded robe, Metal lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
4) SAGA Capatin Antilles: (Brown boots)
5) POTJ Rebel Trooper: (Hands)
5) Tan fabric: (Used to create cloth “skirt”, Waist sash, and hanging vestment strips)
6) Gold-plated letter on Magazine cover (Used to create shiny “brass” belt buckle)
7) Twist Tie (Used to create belt)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/BenObiWanKenobi.jpg

DARKLORD_67
12-04-2004, 12:56 AM
YODA: JEDI MASTER:
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:

NONE of the previously produced Yoda action figures incorporated ALL of the characteristics that I wanted within ONE single figure!!

GOAL:

I simply wanted a single custom Yoda Action Figure with a working pair of LEGS, an accurately-sculpted, dignified face sculpt in the correct proportional size, rooted hair, necklace and belt accessories, and cloth robes. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?”

RECIPIE:

1) POTF II “Flashback” Yoda (Head (Hollowed-out for ball-jointed use / rooted hair carefully trimmed) cooking pot, lamp)
2) OTC “vintage style” Yoda (Full body, cloth brown skirt, necklace-amulet, Gimmer stick cane, snake)
3) Vintage Kenner Yoda (Cloth tan robe, belt pouch details)
4) Thin brown ribbon (Used to create belt)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/YodaJediMaster.jpg