PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what today is?

Exhaust Port
12-07-2004, 08:26 AM
63 years ago the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and lead to us entering WWII.

http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/

The survivor stories are interesting but could use a bit of editing on a few.

http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/ngbeyond/

The above link is suppose to expand on the Pearl Harbor movie. What a hunk of crap that movie was. How can a studio take a well documented event filled with plenty of heros and historic events/people and alter it all to include a love story?

James Boba Fettfield
12-07-2004, 08:42 AM
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I wish I were home to watch Tora! Tora! Tora!

Exhaust Port
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
I wish I were home to watch Tora! Tora! Tora!

It truly is the best Pearl Harbor movie made. I think I know what I'll be watching this afternoon. :)

Slicker
12-07-2004, 12:16 PM
I just watched a very, very good show about the Pearl Harbor attack the other day on I believe Discovery. I think it was called "Pearl Harbor: Legacy of Attack". The most interesting part though was that they analyzed a famous pic from the attack and they found that a midget sub had actually penetrated the defenses of Pearl Harbor and had actually fired 2 torpedoes at the battleship USS Virginia. Hopefully they show it again tonight.

bobafrett
12-07-2004, 01:47 PM
I saw that special last year. It was quite good, and they tried to recreate the midget sub to prove that it could be what made these shadows in the water.

Rocketboy
12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
The above link is suppose to expand on the Pearl Harbor movie. What a hunk of crap that movie was. How can a studio take a well documented event filled with plenty of heros and historic events/people and alter it all to include a love story?Agreed. But most of the actual attack (the parts that weren't made up by Hollywood) was extremely well made.

Exhaust Port
12-07-2004, 09:36 PM
True. Now if they had only devoted the movie to that rather than doing what they did it would have been an outstanding film.