PDA

View Full Version : New Target Ad

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Targets new ad has all Star Wars at 15% off. Its funny because they advertise the Dlx Lighsabers and the Vader helmet, but the kid wearing the helmet is holding Lukes saber...........................

DarthBobul
12-08-2004, 07:43 PM
I read that Target is going to be releasing the new line of the Animated figures. However I just stopped by my local Target in the great state if RI and to my surprise, nothing. Even for fun I stopped by Toys R Us and Wal Mart and founf nothing new or exciting. What is going on? Do they not realize that the holiday season is right around the corner.

Does anyone know when exactly the new animated line is going to be hitting shelves or maybe has my local Target just not caught up with the rest of the world? Can anyone tell me?

Rocketboy
12-08-2004, 09:38 PM
I read that Target is going to be releasing the new line of the Animated figures. However I just stopped by my local Target in the great state if RI and to my surprise, nothing. Even for fun I stopped by Toys R Us and Wal Mart and founf nothing new or exciting. What is going on? Do they not realize that the holiday season is right around the corner.

Does anyone know when exactly the new animated line is going to be hitting shelves or maybe has my local Target just not caught up with the rest of the world? Can anyone tell me?The new animated figures should hit the shelves in January.

InsaneJediGirl
12-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah,I noticed a drought of newer-SW items too.For that fact almost any "newer" type of toy around here.Must be wary to put out new toys because of all the sales reports of low holiday shopping.Or Hasbro isnt doing anything :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2004, 04:20 PM
The figures at Target were like $4.15, so it may be a good time to stock up on OTC army builders. Mine had some Gam Guards, hopefully they'll be on sale a while longer.

DarthBobul
12-09-2004, 05:52 PM
I thought of the army builder idea soon when I heard that prices were going to be so low, but then I saw that the selection wasnt very extensive. Maybe Ill use this oppurtunity to branch out and start customizing figures.
I know they have claimed this holiday season is going to be slow, but still, how are collectors and fans supposed to get their hands on the new lines if they are not readily available? what Hasbro needs to realize is that by not varying up the selection in cases they are actually murdering the market for there toys. Now as a collector I realize that part of the thrill is to go out and try to find rare figures, but how discouraged do you get when the same three figures are warming the pegs at your local Wal-Mart or whatever? A formula needs to be devised. I really think in my own opinion that demmand would be greater if there was a chance you could get some of these figures and there wasnt this runnover of basic figures.
What does everyone think?

dindae
12-10-2004, 07:45 AM
I think they made more than enough case assortmnet for the OTC. The problem is that they never make enough army builders. Stromtroopers always seem to be packed in evenly with new figures. They will always sell whether it is a kid who doesn't want the newest wave of background figures or a collector looking looking to bulk up a diorama. Instead we get commtech Han. Although I must say I see more of the generals and Leia Bespin than anything.

InsaneJediGirl
12-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Getting rid of the pegwarmers is a good idea.However,no one is quite fond of them,hence why they are still hanging around :) I agree with you dindae,they should have doubled up on troopers.Always a fave with collectors and kids :D

LTBasker
12-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Was at Target on Friday, they have NOTHING worth buying. The Star Wars figures are full to the pegs with Hoth Soldiers, even at $4.07 they weren't doing anything. If Hasbro had just done a better job on this figure...maybe it would be worth it, but alas.

Of course there were plenty of piles of those Darth Maul and Obi-Wan cups...nice (bowel) move by Hasbro. :p

Interesting to note that Star Wars was one of the few selections that were full. Marvel Legends had 6 figures between about 6-8 pegs...all ML4. Lord of the Rings were bone-dry, Batman's about all gone and there was only one Spider-Man on the pegs.

Man Target really needs a new stocking system.

ronhudy
12-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Hmmm...I'm in Las Vegas. This past week I've seen:

WAL-MART:
ALL New Hope, Empire, and Jedi VOTC figs
Imperial Trooper
Gamorrean Guard
Slave Leia
Lando Skiff
Chewbacca (Empire)
Cloud Car Pilot
General Madine
Han Solo(Jedi)
Luke (Dagobah)
Obi-Wan(Tatooine)
MANY Lightsabers
MANY Falcons

TARGET:
Bib Fortuna
Slave Leia
Darth Vader (New Hope)
Darth Vader (Empire)
Unleashed Darth Tyranus
Unleashed Darth Vader
Unleashed Bossk
Unleashed Hoth Luke
Unleashed Aayla Secura
Unleashed Tusken Raider
Lightsabers
Falcons
Slave I w/Boba Fett

...just to name a few. Perhaps many stores are going to have stuff out this final weekend before Christmas???