PDA

View Full Version : Cali Governors Convention

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I'm down at the Long Beach Convention Center right now for my work and right behind me is Oprah Winfrey and Maria Shriver talking...talking...talking. There's a cool Apple "Internet Cafe" here so I thought I'd log on to ol' SSG. I'm bored outta my skull and I've never seen SO MANY women in one place in my life!

The only person of interest I wanted to see was Queen Noor...how cool is that, the wife of the former Shaw of Iran. She's adorable!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Dr. Laura Schleshesheshinger was here. Whatta boob! :rolleyes:

That's it, just wasting time until I can leave! Woooooooooo

:Pirate:

JediTricks
12-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Did you yell anything to Shriver, such as "hey Skeletor, when's Governor He-Man gonna show up?!?" ;) (not a fan)

InsaneJediGirl
12-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Hahaha,Good one JT ;) Well DNA,maybe you can pretend to be equally as...talkish.Only about Star Wars stuff :) Its a convention,there is bound to be at least one geek in attendance :p

Deoxyribonucleic
12-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Did you yell anything to Shriver, such as "hey Skeletor, when's Governor He-Man gonna show up?!?" ;) (not a fan)

Ha, I was telling my coworkers how in person she doesn't look so much like Skeletor! ;) And I think Gov. He-Man did show up but I was out smoking awwwww too bad.

So more news...after Oprah talked and talked and talked...about what I could never quite make certain...all these women came out a cryin'! I guess it was uplifting or something but I didn't see it. Am I bad?? :stupid:

HA! Just glad to be home. We had to carry this huge fricken pallet of junk back to work after the "show" in a tiny tiny truck (the pallet of stuff was about 6 ft tall) in the pouring rain and it kept sliding back and forth, hitting the cab of the truck. I thought for sure it would either one, tip over the side, two, fly out the back of the truck or three, slam through the cab crushing us. But alas, it did none of the above. But I did scrape my knuckle off on a stucco wall carry crap in.

For the love of GOD, the convention center is run by a union and you can't carry ANYTHING out yourself and everything MUST have paperwork and a "number" and so you pallet the crap up just to unpallet it when they take it to your vehicle. A colossal waste of time and energy.

Let me just stress one more time...I've NEVER seen so many middle-aged women in one place at one time in my life. Everytime we'd see a man we'd say "THERE'S ONE...oops, they got 'im!"