PDA

View Full Version : Mirco Machines return at last?!

StarmanSkywalker
12-08-2004, 06:08 AM
http://www.action-figure.com/Article13431.html (Latest rumored list)

"Micro Vehicle Multi Pack Assortment: Your favourite Star Wars vehicles in micro scale. Each pack contains 2 vehicles and 2 figures for you to re-enact your favourite scenes.

Micro Battle Set Assortment: Transforming vehicle play sets including micro vehicles and figures. Packed out with awesome features and accessories."

Sounds like something.
If those are indeed Micro Machines I'd say releasing ships/ creatures in three packs and figures in nine packs would be the better way to go. Using Galoob's strategy could only increase the sales.

Come to think of:
All those vehicles and creature three packs
Main characters nine pack
Clone Trooper nine pack
Seperatist Forces nine pack
Wookie Warriors nine pack

:D

sicqnus
12-08-2004, 09:39 AM
It could be a very good news. A few mms are better than nothing. VT, light a candle !

britcit3
12-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Whoaaa!!

Please, please, please let this be true.

But don't want to get too excited (after last years wave 5 Action Fleet fiasco - b$%^&*ds!!).

BC3

StarmanSkywalker
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi, James. It's me Matthew K.
Uhh....still remember me somewhat? :)
In case we will finally get some new Micro Machines (after FIVE YEARS of LIES from Hasbro's account) they'll have to increase the quality of both the design and the material. The Micro Machines Hasbro released under their brand in 2002 and 2003 looked cheap and had a limited playability. Limited in comprasion with Galoob's designs.

britcit3
12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Is that Matthias from Vienna (who bagged me some die-casts and some GV's a few years ago)? If so, nice to hear from you again (& are you Tyrannusspottingbinks from RS?).

I would be just glad to get my hands on new micros.

I am really sore that we didn't get any AOTC micros - especially the Rep Gunship (I wanted a fleet of these).

BC3

StarmanSkywalker
12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
That's me. :D
Hasbro really fooled us when they announced that we'll see new Micro Machines after the great pedition results for bringing back this line SSG held back in mid 2001. :mad: :(

matthewilw
12-08-2004, 06:30 PM
As great as that would be...I absolutely refuse to get my hopes up. I have absolutely no trust and no faith in Hasbro anymore. I'm still slightly angered about them cancelling wave 5. Not to mention making wave 4 so hard to find.

Jangu Fett
12-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I get excited when I see them. Until then it's just words. Hasbro says, BUT, will it do? We'll all see in March.

StarmanSkywalker
12-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Battle Arena & Micro Battle (unknown description)
BATTLE ARENA -SENATE CHAMBER
BATTLE ARENA - FEDERATION CRUISER
BATTLE ARENA - UTAPAU
MICRO BATTLE SET #01
MICRO BATTLE SET #02

There was a new rumor list posted today including these items listed.
I guess Hasbro can't possibly reach Galoob's standart by any means. Didn't Galoob also produce the whole Ep 1 lineup and then gave the prototypes to Hasbro as H bought up Galoob by the year turn of 98/ 99?
I somehow doubt Hasbro is capable of making detailed Micro Machines. Then again, they use RealScan technology so they could scan the marquettes and some people in costumes (possibly the actual cast) and downscale everything.

LTBasker
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
They better get some quality back into Micromachines. I was staring at those little micromachine packs they released awhile ago that are still sitting at Wal-mart on their ugly packaging. The MM's look like crap even though they're all old Galoob molds.

Most of the sets are pretty dumb too, specifically the military and police sets. They're all just misc. vehicles that don't even look right except for a couple planes and an attack helicopter. Mattel's got a better foot-up on the MM world than Hasbro does, but Mattel isn't anywhere near Galoob quality or detail.

Those Galoob workers seem like the ancients that left behind the Stargate, had all this wonderful stuff and then were wiped out by evil forces. :(

matthewilw
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Those Galoob workers seem like the ancients that left behind the Stargate, had all this wonderful stuff and then were wiped out by evil forces. :(

Hmmm.....I would prefer to think of them more like the forerunners from Halo. But Stargate works too ;)

Jangu Fett
12-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Well if Galoob is the Forerunners, that makes Hasbro the Covenant. They don't understand the tech, just copy it. Poorly copy it.

And WHY only release 2 micro battle packs? Thats only 4 MM ships. And I doubt they will be from ROTS, they most likely be classic trilogy molds. Like the Falcon and X-Wing.

As for the Battle Arenas those are for the 3 3/4 inch figures. Small playsets that are modular to each other, and include 2 figures. Wonder were Hasbro got that idea from???

matthewilw
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Well if Galoob is the Forerunners, that makes Hasbro the Covenant. They don't understand the tech, just copy it. Poorly copy it

My thoughts exactly.

StarmanSkywalker
01-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Target now has a new product list complete with DCPI numbers, though products not officially confirmed:

STAR WARS MICRO VEHICLE MULTIPK: 087-06-1262
STAR WARS MICRO BATTLE SET: 087-06-131

Head over to RS and check the whole list of SW toy assortments under the topic "Targeting 2005".

Scackmgackm
01-14-2005, 07:24 PM
All I want is my Homing Spider Droid Action Fleet toy.

This is the only "standard" Clone Wars vehicle that was never mass-produced in ANY format, which ticks me off to no end.

britcit3
01-16-2005, 10:37 AM
I see in the new Vanity Fair Wars photo shoot a new picture of the main corridor of Tantive IV from ROTS - so that's 2 re-hashs we have to look forward to (the Blockade Runner and Mil Falc) - if anything.

BC3

AndyW
01-16-2005, 11:59 AM
At least we have some new fighter designs though eh, which may make it to mini size, hopefully.

The new Republic fighters look very nifty.

Jangu Fett
01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I would love to see the fighters from ROTS made like the ORIGINAL ACTION FLEET, WITH FIGURES. I love the new Jedi Fighters. But without the EP2 Jedi Fighter the set wouldn't be finished.

Hey, Hasbro is doing a Evolution line, right? why can't they do that for the AF? Maybe not 3 ships, but 2. Like Galoobs X-Wing VS Vaders TIE. They could do a ARC-170 with Clone Pilot, and X-Wing with Pilot. Or maybe EP2 Jedi Fighter with Obi-Wan, and EP3 Jedi Fighter with Anakin. Or heres one thats so simply Hasbro might actually do. Jango's Slave-1 with Jango, and Boba's Slave-1 with Boba.

matthewilw
01-18-2005, 05:10 PM
At least we have some new fighter designs though eh, which may make it to mini size, hopefully.

The new Republic fighters look very nifty.

I haven't seen anything from the new movie. Any chance you have a link to a few pics?

sicqnus
01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Here are Anakin's fighter (Yellow) and Obi-Wan's (Burgundy/red). Behind are the ARC-170 clone fighters.