PDA

View Full Version : CLONE WARS: Series 3 (what we know)... **SPOILERS?**

JEDIpartner
12-08-2004, 11:54 AM
There is a new section on the official site that shows pictures from the upcoming series. Here are things that will be revealed...

There are pictures of Anakin with short and long hair as well as without the facial scar and then with the scar. Will we see how he gets this scar?

There are pictures of Obi-Wan with his longer hair and his shorter hair.

Threepio has his gold coverings.

There are Clone Troopers as well as the Clone Troopers V 2.0 shown. One of the V 2.0 troopers has a rocket pack.

Padme has Leia bun hair! :D

There is a Republic Gunship with "flying tiger" type markings on it.

We'll see Even Piell & Stass Allie in a Jedi Council scene.

Both of the new Republic fighters will be featured.

We'll see Wookiees!!!

...so- it seems that this last series will be spanning a lengthier amount of time as we will see the evolution of Anakin and Obi-Wan as well as that of the Clone Troopers.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2004, 12:02 PM
...and you have to be a Hyperspace Member in order to see the shots. I forgot to add...

El Chuxter
12-08-2004, 01:10 PM
But are they going to clear up the huge timeline problem with Asajj's death before the Battle of Jabiim, and also exactly when Bariss becomes a full-fledged Knight? That's what I wanna know!!

JEDIpartner
12-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Don't you just LOVE Barris and Luminara? I thnk they are the coolest!

El Chuxter
12-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Well, after Kit, I suppose they're the "coolest." :p

But the fact that Bariss is building a lightsaber (a test of Knighthood) in the 'toon, but is a Padawan in the Medstar Duology, which takes place after the Battle of Jabiim at which time she's a Knight but Asajj Ventress is alive is a huge hole.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I just go by what I see on a screen and that's good enough for me... although, "The Approaching Storm" was a pretty nifty book... :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Wow, these look pretty good!

I love the new looks for Ani and Obi. That baby Wookiee is just too damn cool! Not sure about the gunship that looks like one of those growling semis, I bet Hasbro will try to sell us one of those.

Looks like we'll be getting a glimpse of Grievous's ship, Invisible Hand. Also, more Voolvif Monn! Sweet!

What's that orange guy with the cannon? He almost looks like the thing from Mustafar, on the crab walker. One other guy looks like he's in a marching band.

Check out the Yakface in the pic with 3PO in his cloak. That design is awesome!

Stass Allie/Adi Gallia is rather buxom! :eek: :D

Can't wait for these!

Kidhuman
12-08-2004, 09:41 PM
DAmn it and hyperspace, I wanna see pics of this stuff. SOmeone pm me your passwords and login please. :D :beard: or email me the pics. Thanks.

Rocketboy
12-08-2004, 10:35 PM
But are they going to clear up the huge timeline problem with Asajj's death before the Battle of Jabiim, and also exactly when Bariss becomes a full-fledged Knight? That's what I wanna know!!I'm confused - what is the problem with Ventress (besides being lame :D)? I don't remember anything about her dying before - unless you mean her falling into the abyss in Season 2 of Clone Wars. I'm not sure when that took place (before Jabiim?), but Jabiim takes place 15 months after Geonosis and she is still alive during that battle.

***SPOILERS for the STAR WARS COMICS ahead***

Also, In the new issue of Republic (71, I think), which takes place 6 months before ROTS, she is apparently killed by Anakin (again). And in Obsession #1, Obi-wan finds out she is still alive (yet again).

-Durge-
12-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Also can some one send me the pics to. Thanks.

buff_star@hotmail.com

Kidhuman
12-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Ok, saw the pics. They are ok. Wookies looked cute.

JEDIpartner
12-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Rawwwwrrrrgggghhhh!!!

;)

RooJay
12-31-2004, 03:58 AM
Anyone care to share with poor old me?

knightowl1_@hotmail.com

General_Grievous
02-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Can anyone e-mail me the pics?

My address is:

damastachief@msn.com

:)

General_Grievous
02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Anyone out there? Hellooooo?

Kidhuman
02-04-2005, 05:10 PM
You cant save Hyperspace pics and cant view them without a membership

General_Grievous
02-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Really? Oh well. I'll just wait until they're released for free.

What's so secret about them, anyway?

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I think I should ressurect this thread because we're only about two weeks away from the third and final season of "Clone Wars".

Have there been any official pics from the new season that you don't have to be a Hyperspace member to see? I've seen the one on the cover of the latest Insider, but that's it. I also checked cartoon network.com, but there's nothing there on Clone Wars, let alone Season 3. What's going on? :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I have not seen it yet (I don't watch Cartoon Network much), but I read on another message board today that CN is running a trailer for the new season of Clone Wars. I guess you should put on Cartoon Network tonight and you might see it.

And here's some of the pictures I think that were being shared earlier: http://jedinet.freeserverhost.com/e107_plugins/custompages/spinoff_cw_volume2preview.php

Kidhuman
03-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Here is a pic that was posted on RS....

Slicker
03-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I like the paint job on the Gunship. It'd be neat if we could see one of these painted up in ROTS like this to give it a more real world feeling.

RooJay
03-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Hmm, I notice that picture of the Droid Tri-Fighter on that page includes the word "Chiss" in the caption. Now that I think of it, that ship's design does seem very evocative of the descriptions of the Chiss (Grand Admiral Thrawn's people) starfighters from the novels. I wonder if there's anything to that? I do remember hearing somewhere very early on a rumor that Thrawn might pop up in a cameo, though that has long since been discounted. It would probably be helpful if I could read the rest of that caption.

James Boba Fettfield
03-05-2005, 08:57 PM
It says, courtesy of freetranslation.com:

"It resembles a Chiss fighter, but I doubt that it that am."

Slicker
03-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Roojay, I used a web translator to find out what it said and the caption says that it resembles a Chiss fighter and that he doubts it is. The text is in Dutch BTW.

Slicker
03-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Now that's strange JBF. You know what they say about great minds.....

James Boba Fettfield
03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
If I do not help out the users in the sections I moderate, then JT has me beaten by a rather large man. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm considering buying an extra ROTS Gunship when they undoubtedly go on major clearance to paint it like that. That is wicked! :eek: Then again I already have two AOTC Gunships, one CW one, and will get a ROTS one. So maybe not.

RooJay
03-05-2005, 09:44 PM
It says, courtesy of freetranslation.com:

"It resembles a Chiss fighter, but I doubt that it that am."

In that case, they're definitely right - it am certainly resemble a Chiss fighter!

Then I wonder if that was the designers' inspiration when that particular ship was conceived...very intersting.

On second thought - since it seems like that was translated using the Bizzaro Translator, I wonder if they actually mean the opposite? ;)

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Wow. Those pictures are awesome.

The wookiees remind me of King Louie from Disney's Jungle Book movie.

The paint job on the Gunship sort of resembles that of a Nexu, except that it has one pair of eyes instead of two.

And would'ja look at all those crazy aliens? They look more like Samurai Jack (One of Genndy Tartakofsky's other cartoons) characters than Star Wars characters. And why is 3PO in Jedi robes?

Can't wait till March 21st. What time does it start? At 8pm, like the other ones?

Reefer Shark
03-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Those pics are great, thanks for posting that!

I can't wait for season 3!

RooJay
03-06-2005, 02:14 AM
And would'ja look at all those crazy aliens? They look more like Samurai Jack (One of Genndy Tartakofsky's other cartoons) characters than Star Wars characters. And why is 3PO in Jedi robes?

I see aliens that look like AOTC Seperatist Leader Passel Argente's race, Jawas, a Gran (like Ree-Yees), an Advosze (like Cantina Alien, Bom Vimdin), a Chadra-Fan (like Cantina alien, Kabe), what appears to be a slim Gamorrean in the foreground, a Pa'lowick (Sy Snootles' race), a Gotal (like Feltipern Trevagg), a Quarren, a few Bith, what would appear to be a Snivvian, and Ithorian, a creature that seems quite similar to Kitik Keed'kak, what could easily be considered a Nimbanel (like Cantina alien, Mosep), a couple of aliens that bring to mind the Hutts, a rather Fett inspired armored character, and at least a couple of aliens straight out of Joe Johnston OT concept art along with a smattering of generic background alien types. What's not so Star Wars about that? In fact, I'd say it's more Star Wars than the Outlander Club scene in AOTC.

Also, those may or may not be Jedi robes C-3PO is wearing. It's dificult to distinguish between Jedi robes and bath robes outside the context of the story. It would seem he's wearing the robe as a disguise.

All those pictures make me wish the toy line was a little more comprehensive with just a bit more playability. Something along the lines of the articulation of vintage Star Wars figures would probably do just fine, and I'm betting they'd make for a more attractive line to the kiddies (which, as we're constantly being told, is the main demographic for Star Wars toys). Wouldn't it be cool to have a slightly larger line for the Clone Wars Animated series? The money factor aside, I mean.

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Roojay, I wasn't really talking about the aliens we've seen in the movies. I instantly recognized the Gran, the Chandra-Fan, the Advosze, the Biths, the Quarren, etc. I even saw a Yak Face in there, too. But I'm talking about the ones like that six-eyed thing, the fat thing with the red hat behind the Gran, just some of the weird looking background characters.

James Boba Fettfield
03-06-2005, 07:17 PM
http://yodajeff.com/jc_stuff/clonewars/cws3promo2us.avi

http://yodajeff.com/jc_stuff/clonewars/cws3promo1us.avi

There's some commercials for the new seasons. Short, but nice.

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 07:20 PM
ALl I got was audio from it....

James Boba Fettfield
03-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Really? I'm playing them in real player and I have video, too.

What player you using to view them?

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Winamp and Windows player, gonna try quicktime...which didnt work...

James Boba Fettfield
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Maybe it's a codec issue. I'm not real sure, but I tried it in my WMP and it played there, too.

The more technically proficient probably know more about fixing this problem than I do.

darthvyn
03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
you need to download the DivX codec, and it's best to download the vids to your machine, as opposed to viewing them through the browser. sometimes your default vid plug-in won't work with divx.

scruffziller
03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere on here but from what I have seen for the scheduling, that the eps are going to be 15 minutes long.

scruffziller
03-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay what was the deal with the young Aniking going into the tree with Qui-Gonn? Was that just some symbolism of Yoda's thoughts? I really liked the Jedi Initiation ritual and the cutting off of the Padawan rat tail.:) It seems that the Jedi themselves are all Generals. As the clones called Ki-Adi-Mundi "General".

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I noticed the tree too Kind of cheesy. I didnt like the animated Grievous though. Dont like the way he is drawn. Overall a decent episode. A little too much chatter though.

Bobby Fett
03-22-2005, 12:33 AM
It's just as we suspected... It's all Yoda's fault, rather than Obi-Wan's. If Yoda had followed the rules, Anakin would still be a padawan.

That's my opinion and I can change it as many times as I want! :evil:

Tycho
03-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Well I really liked Episode 21. That was awesome. I love stuff with Clone Troopers. Episode 3 of CW was always one of my favorites, and this one rocked as well - because of the ARC Troopers.

I have great expectations for this new mini-series!

Dialogus
03-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Very very good, indeed. Better than any of the previous 20. The soundtrack really got me in. Still... 2 things:

- The ridiculous "DemonFace" design on the ARC' Gunship. God I hate it!!!

- King Yoda & the Knights of the Round Table??? WTF???

hango fett
03-22-2005, 07:08 AM
i could of told you that was how padawans get inducted in to knightship. it was awsome, IMO.
and me and my dad both thought the "shark face" gunship kicked ***. grievious was awsome, running on the wall and through things.......ahh.......can't wait for tonight!
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Agreed, that Gunship kicked serious butt!
Seeing all those ARC Troopers was sweet, but I thought there was only 4 or 5 of them?
Grievous kicked major butt again! You can already tell that he's not a guy to screw with. I loved how he took K'kruhk's saber after he was dead.
They've again proven me wrong about the pronounciation of a Jedi's name - first "Unduli", now "Aayla."
The whole "let's make out a bunch" scene was a little odd. The reveal of C-3PO's gold coverings was funny, I liked how the music made it seem like some burlesque show. :D
Seeing the Council talk was great, as was seeing new members on it (Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto). It would've been nice to see how Obi-Wan got inducted, though. I liked Oppo Rancisis' and Kit Fisto's voices, same with Even Piell's oddly deep one. :D
I really enjoyed Anakin's knighting, and how Yoda tapped his shoulders like a real knighting in England, and how he cut off his braid. Seeing all those Jedi with their sabers was great!
The giving of R2-D2 to Anakin was very much like both of his kids: Padmé appeared like Leia but offered it like Luke to Jabba. Nice to see Ani's new starfighter, albeit for a short while.

I can't wait for tonight!

Ji'dai
03-22-2005, 12:59 PM
I liked it, although I agree with KH, it had a bit too much dialogue. Seems like the prequels are dominated by bureaucrats and meetings. Whatever happened to "No time to discuss this as a committee!"

So I take it the test with the tree is done to all Jedi. Maybe Qui-Gon and Ani were on Dagobah when he faced this test. It reminded me of Luke's test on Dagobah when he faced Vader/himself. Would that be the 'mirror test' of which Oppo spoke?

I also noticed a Cylon walking along in the Coruscant street crowd. When Anakin suspects he's being followed, he focuses on a few aliens in the crowd. Walking on the left of one alien (right-hand side of the screen) there's a guy in what looks to be a Cylon helmet.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I liked it too. Not quite as action packed as previous episodes, but we did see some nice clone trooper action at least - that was cool. It was nice to see Anakin get knighted (although it was a tad on the cheesy side).

I don't think the Ani/Qui Gon tree deal actually happened. It seemed more like a vision Yoda was having or something like that IMO.

Can't wait to get the DVD today, and tonights episode. It's gonna be a clone wars week!

El Chuxter
03-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Okay, I loved this episode. Admittedly, I didn't see it last night, and when I saw the entire season on Saturday, there were no chapter breaks. (Not bragging, but thank you, Genndy Tartakovsky! :)) I thought the Qui-Gon bit was in Chapter 22, but apparently I was wrong. Trust me, it plays into the series later, though you won't actually see Qui-Gon anymore.

Keep your eyes open for an incredibly cool Ithorian Jedi with some big mouths, Sassy 10 in Clonetrooper armor taking down an entire Federation starship, and Anakin's trial (and, if you pay close attention, you'll catch a great homage to Nelvana, who produced the Droids and Ewoks series).

I cannot wait for Season III on DVD.

The assault on Coruscant completely contradicts Labyrinth of Evil. Both are mega-cool, and I can't say I prefer one version of the events. I do not pity the guys at starwars.com, who will have to figure out what "really" happened.

Edit: I totally missed this.

I don't think the Ani/Qui Gon tree deal actually happened. It seemed more like a vision Yoda was having or something like that IMO.

It was a vision. The future (the events at the tree when Yoda is teaching Luke), the past (young Anakin), old friends long gone (Qui-Gon Jinn). It was just a bit jumbled together in Yoda's vision, which foreshadows Anakin's upcoming trial on Nelvan. . . .

scruffziller
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't think the Ani/Qui Gon tree deal actually happened. It seemed more like a vision Yoda was having or something like that IMO

Yea cuz when did they have time to go to Dagobah in EPS I?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Yea cuz when did they have time to go to Dagobah in EPS I?
Great, now this is another thing for folks to use in their "Naboo is Dagobah!" arguments. :rolleyes:

Qui-Gon's nose was huge! I know it's stylized, but it was a bit much. Especially since we saw him quickly when Anakin beat Asajj Ventress (who Obi-Wan now says he killed, but doesn't she come back in the comics?).

It was a vision. The future (the events at the tree when Yoda is teaching Luke), the past (young Anakin), old friends long gone (Qui-Gon Jinn). It was just a bit jumbled together in Yoda's vision, which foreshadows Anakin's upcoming trial on Nelvan. . . .

Does it ever address this in the series, or did Genndy say this? Sounds interesting. I was wondering why Qui-Gon Jinn was quoting Yoda word for word.

I noticed the "Nelvaan" thing when I was reading the synopsis on my cable guide. That's hilarious. :D Maybe Genndy can go back and re-do those horrible series when he's done with this. God, I hope not. :D

El Chuxter
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
That's actually just my interpretation. :) Someone asked during the Q&A after the airing, "So what was up with Qui-Gon and the tree?" Genndy basically shrugged him off, implying it was just artistic license.

Minor spoiler!

On Nelvan, Anakin sees some native cave paintings and has a vision in which one Nevlan warrior fights an abstract evil that threatens to overtake everything, loses his hand to the evil and replaces his hand with evil, completely defeats evil, then kills his friends and fellow warrios. The abstract patterns of the evil form the Vader mask for the final split second of the vision.

End spoiler!!

Genndy T said he plans to do no more SW :(, and this was his last project for Cartoon Network :cry:. However, he does plan to revisit Samurai Jack and finish up his epic story at some point, just not in the immediate future.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Genndy T said he plans to do no more SW :(, and this was his last project for Cartoon Network :cry:. However, he does plan to revisit Samurai Jack and finish up his epic story at some point, just not in the immediate future.

Now that's a major bummer for me. His SW cartoons are the best, and Samurai Jack has always been one of my favorites.

Ah well I guess the good thing is that there is still a chance that we'll see more Samurai Jack someday.

Turbowars
03-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Damn, I didn't set my Tivo last night and I missed it. I go to CN's site and it wont play. Anyone else with this problem.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, my buddies and I had that problem at work earlier. It took a loooooooong time (and many tries) to connect and play the episode. I think it's just because the site is being flooded with traffic today.

Ji'dai
03-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Anyone notice in tonight's episode that Separatist Forces conquered the 'Max Rebo' species home planet?

With the Separatist conquest of his homeworld, and his hopes of stardom on the popular holonet program 'Galactic Idol' forever dashed, struggling musician Max Rebo becomes an itinerant keyboardist cruising around the galaxy in his beat-up Vishaal-Wirgas Omnibus. That is until that fateful day he and his band land a promising gig in a certain palace in the Outer Rim...

Tycho
03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I liked the episode tonight, but not THAT much...

It jumped around a lot! They were on one planet, then another...

It showed Anakin and Obi-Wan's characters and their friendship well though -plus the difference in how they do things.

There was some comedy like the water dripping on Obi-Wan while he was trying to sleep and Anakin's reconnaisance through the sewers.

Oh - and the WOOKIEES! I got all excited about seeing cute furry things again just like when I was a kid and loved the Ewoks!

It was also cool seeing the ARC 170s and new Jedi Starfighters in action, like with SaeSee Tiin at the controls. Commander Cody....oh - and I thought the Clone Troopers with the Jet Packs (Deluxe Figures Asst. 2 from Hasbro) were just EU - but it looks like we're going to see them in Clone Wars and therefore possibly in the movie as well.

This tribal species diversion (where Anakin killed their cat) might be amusing, but I think it will have little to do with the overall story. If anything parallels James Luceno's novel "Labrynth of Evil," the only point the tribal species has is to prevent Anakin and Obi-Wan from being free to get back to Coruscant before Palpatine is captured (because Palpatine wanted to be captured). So we know that Clone Wars sn 3 will set it up for the movie, just possibly a little different from LoE.

Oh -and Labrynth of Evil rocked, for those who haven't read it. As cool as CW is, you'll like LoE even better! Read it.

scruffziller
03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
That dude at the beggining boasting at how many Jedi will be needed to take down his fortress was hilarious. He freaks out when its only 2.:D And were those horses Obi and Anikin were riding? They didn't look like anything else. No horses have been seen in the SW universe since Ewoks 2: The Fight For Endor!
Even "ducks" are also documented as SW universe animals on Naboo that is. What was the deal with Anikin eating those bugs? You guys think that was any significance to him starting to turn evil?

Great, now this is another thing for folks to use in their "Naboo is Dagobah!" arguments. :rolleyes:

No, remember that they show Naboo at the end of ROTJ as it was in EPS 1 in the new DVD releases. So GL has debunked that theory either intentionally or unintentionally. And it couldn't just be part of Naboo either because Luke would have picked up cities and technology which he didn't.

Also, on the STAR WARS GALAXIES map that came with and Insider sometime ago shows Dagobah and Naboo as seperate planets. I got a link to the whole galaxy and I have a clip below to show so you don't have to hunt for them.

http://www.nav-computer.com/galaxymap.html

evenflow
03-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I cant wait for this season to be released on DVD, it wont be soon enough.

Kidhuman
03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, last nights epsiode was ok. I thought it could have been better. Hopefully tonight will pick up as Courascant gets attacked.

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Tycho, trust me, take this as completely separate from Labyrinth of Evil (and every other CW book and comic to come out since the first series of 'toons). You'll see what I mean in a few days, but if you try to reconcile how the Battle of Coruscant went down in the cartoon and the book, your head will explode. It's not a matter of "okay, this scene from LOE takes place before this scene in the cartoon, followed by this scene in LOE." Nothing jives, except for the fact that they end with. . . SPOILER AHEAD! Anakin and Obi-Wan en route from another planet (and not even the same one in both versions) to save the captured Palpatine. END SPOILER!

I can't honestly say one is better than the other, but they could not be more different.

And the Nelvans rule! Almost as much as bad-arse Ithorian Jedi Knights.

"Ithorians. Four throats, very powerful."
"So I've heard."

That's my new favorite line from SW.

Tycho
03-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up Chux.

On Hyperspace, at the Clone Wars' site, they have an almost-complete timeline for EVERYTHING CW.

The video games, etc. are all documented there.

While the comics are, such as the Battle of Jabiim, interestingly enough, "Obsession" is not, nor is Anakin's 2nd (and presumed "kill-defeat") of Ventress.

However, it does let you see that CW # 6&7, Dooku's recruitment of Ventress in the cartoon, takes place months before 1,2,3,4,8,9,10,11, 17,18,19,20,21.

And Mace on Dantooine, #12-13, as well as Padme and Yoda on Illum, #14-16, are also in different positions in the continuity.

That leads me to believe that with CW, they let Gennedy basically do whatever he wanted, so long as things ended up in position for the final movie.

But it's even confusing with Ventress:

Anakin first fights her and defeats her at Yavin.

Then she shows up in the comics on the moons of Naboo, when all the Gungans were poisoned, but she avoids facing Anakin and fights Obi-Wan instead.

Then they learn who she is when Obi-Wan is captured at Jabiim and taken to Rattatak with Alpha, the prime ARC Trooper, also her prisoner.

Then Ventress shows up again to get revenge for Kenobi and Skywalker's escape, and Anakin learns that she discovered his marriage to Padme and he then totally tries to kill her without mercy. He believes he does, by electrocuting her and dropping her from the building tops on Coruscant, again in the Republic comics, and then he swears she's dead because he wants that so bad. This is when she cuts his face and gives him the scar.

Finally, in "Obsession," Obi-Wan insists she's still alive, as other Jedi have seen her (during Yoda: Dark Rendezvous) but she avoids (or fears) Kenobi and Skywalker until Obi-Wan's "obsession" is to go and hunt her down. Anakin, newly knighted, is reluctant to come along, because he wants to believe his secret with Padme is secure, knowledge of their marriage dying with Ventress. But Obi-Wan may find her alive, and Anakin must then see to it she dies a final time. (this comic is not yet concluded and being sold with new issues in stores now - but the supposed premise is that "yes, Ventress will finally, and permanently, die.)

Wrapping your head around that is almost as confusing as CW's 'toons correlating with Labrynth of Evil sounds.

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
I dunno. Figuring out the exact details of the Battle of Coruscant make Asajj pretty simple by comparison. After all, she's a schizoid loony. :crazed:

The timeline is pretty helpful, but I hope eventually there's an official "This is the exact history of the Clone Wars in minute detail" released. I don't have the capability to play several of the games, f'rinstance, so I don't know and can't easily find out the underlying stories there. (I also hope we eventually get some explanation for what happened to some of the "missing" TPM Jedi, like Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia. I doubt they just changed their names to Stass and Agen.)

So who defended Palpatine and who died fighting Grievous during his capture? These are different, though curiously the answer to "which Jedi who were defending Palpatine survived to tell?" is almost the same. (There's one more survivor in LOE who isn't even involved in CW-E25.)

As for Asajj, in cartoon continuity, she's dead. Anakin killed her on Yavin, and she stays dead. I think she'll survive and somehow be a major player--and a good guy--following ROTS. A while back in an Insider interview, a Dark Horse rep said that of the two big new Clone Wars characters (Ventress and Durge), one would die prior to ROTS and one would survive the events of ROTS to play a very different role following the Purge. And, thankfully, Durge was just shot into a star in Obsession, so I'm betting against him being the survivor. (I've never been happier to read about the death of a comic book character.)

The funny thing about the continuity here is that, though Series I seemed to be tied closely in with the other stories, Lucas told GT to just run with the premise that
Palpatine would be abducted by Grievous during a siege of Coruscant. He had no involvement after that statement and apparently took a very, very hands-off approach.

Here's an exact quote from Saturday. (Okay, it's from memory, so it may not be exact.)
"I asked, 'Is Anakin going to be a Knight?' He said yes. 'Are you going to show that?' He said, 'No, why don't you show it?' I asked him exactly what a Jedi Knighting was like, and he said, 'I don't know. Why don't you come up with something?'"

Lucas apparently (for all his raving about Samurai Jack and his incredible obsession with control of all things SW) never even saw Series I until after it had aired! When I saw the series on Saturday, it was the first time anyone outside the production crew (and possibly Cartoon Network executives) had ever seen the series, reps from Lucasfilm included! (Lucas didn't even want to approve anything prior to the premiere. In fact, the sound from 24-25 was unfinished, and there were even a few short sequences where the animation wasn't quite done!)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
No, remember that they show Naboo at the end of ROTJ as it was in EPS 1 in the new DVD releases. So GL has debunked that theory either intentionally or unintentionally. And it couldn't just be part of Naboo either because Luke would have picked up cities and technology which he didn't.

Yes, I know that. I only mentioned that because some people still believe they're the same.

Anyway, I liked this episode a lot too. I loved seeing all the new vehicles in action, especially the Tri-Fighters and AT-RTs!
The Wookiees were cool, nice to see the seeds being laid for the battle of Kashyyyk.
Anakin was downright heroic, saving all those Jedi! But not so much when eating bugs. :D I liked the interaction between Ani and Obi-Wan during that scene.
I also liked seeing Commander Cody, that was a nice little surprise.
I loved the guy at the beginning, and when he and the battle droid were playing that "lower . . ." game. That was hilarious! :D

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Ji'dai
03-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Tonight's episode was action packed with the invasion of Coruscant. Yoda's wide-eyed reaction while meditating was priceless. The Anakin/vision quest thing is interesting, I can't wait to see where that subplot goes. I noticed that each Jedi's Starfighter has it own unique color-markings. I wonder if Hasbro will re-release that ship with different paint-decos now.

scruffziller
03-24-2005, 10:04 AM
How cool was Saeese Tihn's space armor and his acent to "get another ship":D
And also how cool was Mace's air surfing with the droid fighter!!!!

OC47150
03-24-2005, 11:49 AM
It sounded like Avery Brooks (Capt. Sisko from Deep Space Nine) did the voice for Tiin or Mace.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
The first two chapters this season were good, but last night's was awesome!!!
I think I need to buy another Jedi Starfighter and paint it purple for Mace. That was just too cool! And so was when he was surfing on the vulture droid!!!
I think my favorite part was when Yoda was using the Force to knock things into each other. Especially the destroyer droids and the droid starfighters, that was awesome. :D
I think Genndy has a thing for showing Anakin with as little clothing as possible. :eek: I want to know what's going on with him, it looks weird.
Saesee Tiin rules! Looks like he got his horn back and everything. :D Now that's another Jedi in clone armor figure we need!
That scene where Shaak Ti and the others tried to get Palpatine away from Grievous was cool! So was seeing the Talz and Ithorian Jedi that didn't win that contest! I can't wait to see them in action tonight!!!

Slicker
03-24-2005, 01:06 PM
I've only been able to catch the episodes on Hyperspace (finally a use for it) because I'm at work when they come on. I've watched the 3 newest episodes and am fully impressed. Last nights episode was really good. I liked most of the parts that have already been pointed out by others but the favorite was the end with the Talz and Ithorian Jedi as JJL said I can't wait to see them in action tonight as I don't have to work. Gotta love the Easter holiday.

El Chuxter
03-24-2005, 01:09 PM
I saw on my programming guide that they're running a marathon (21-25) Saturday night at 8. :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Very awesome season once again.Last nights chapter was great,the entire scale of the battle was amazing.I thought it would follow Labyrinth of Evil more,but there are some nice differences that still carry along the same line of the book.

You know,if Yoda and Mace fought like that at every battle,the Clone Wars would be over by now.

Turbowars
03-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Speaking of painting the Jedi Fighters purple, I'd like to repaint one of my Gunships with that face and blue top. very cool!!

You know, I like the cartoon, but why is all the dialogue between Annie and Obi so damn corn ball?

Tycho
03-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to chime in that I thought I recall PLO KOON's Jedi Starfighter on the later-summer Hasbro product list.

It would be a new color repaint of the Anakin/Obi-Wan ships. Maybe it was SaeSee Tiin's though. I saw nothing about Mace Windu's starfighter for movie toys. Might mean he doesn't fly one in the movie.

The Jedi's best pilots (according to comics and books) are: Anakin Skywalker, SaeSee Tiin, and Adi Gallia.

Obi-Wan's one of the worst ;) - but so says him. I think he does pretty good considering the circumstances.

CaptainSolo1138
03-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Adi Gallia.

I thought she got killed between TPM and AOTC and was replaced with a Jedi that sorta looks like her? I'm so confused. Thanks again, EU!

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Ok, I saw 3 and 4 last nigfht, they rocked. Lots of action in them. 5 should be good. A heads up though...CN is showing all of em in a row, 21-25 tomorrow night from 8-930

Tycho
03-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Adi Gallia has not been killed. She's still alive in the comics and books.

INFO

The Jedi Council has

4 permanent seats (Yoda and Mace are clearly on them)
4 long term seats
4 short term seats
4 temporary seats

Adi Gallia never had a permanent seat. Neither did Eeth Koth.

REAL WORLD REASON

TPM was filmed in England
AOTC / ROTS were filmed in Australia

Different "models" - as I can't call what they did "acting" were used from background extras for the Jedi Council.

Since different people might look different where their faces showed, unlike Plo Koon for example, who's all mask and accessories, they renamed the characters (even though you'd have to zoom in on side-by-side comparisons to know they were different actors from E1 to E2 and then on).

THE FICTIONAL WORLD EXPLANATION: Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia may both be still alive - no story focused on their death and Gallia is certainly alive, but they did not have permanent seats on the council, or their war duties kept them too busy to attend meetings.

Eventually, through E3 and thereafter, all actively serving Jedi are killed (except Yoda and Obi-Wan), so Darth Vader will answer your question further - around or about May 19, or within 18 years in his time, thereafter.

Stass Allie is Adi Gallia's cousin. This doesn't explain why they both wear a jellyfish on their head and why a family who's important to the Republic (Adi Gallia's parents are Ambassadors of Corellia) had to give up 2 of their first generation of children to the Republic. I guess they are dedicated supporters of the Jedi. Anyway, as you already know, most Corellians do not wear jellyfish on their heads. This could have been something unique to Adi Gallia, but the film crew kept the look for the type "Corellian female Jedi" intact for whatever reason (which we might call laziness).

But back to the episode 24 discussion: AWESOME!!!

Shaak-Ti was great and I loved seeing Grievous' body guards fight as well as the Ithorian Jedi. I'm a fan of Ithorian Jedi for sure now! "Whoa! That got him!"

Anakin's trial is getting interesting too. I thought it would be an anecdotal distraction, but it has relevance to the Clone Wars surprisingly. I'm glad they are doing it. It also shows "there's still good in him." He wants to save the last warriors, not just hoarde glory for himself. That's the cool side of Anakin I like.

El Chuxter
03-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought Adi and Stass looked the way they do because they're not human, and they have those jellyfish things instead of hair.

Tycho
03-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Nope. Straight from the official source: Episode One Visual Dictionary:

It's a Tholoth headress, not part of her natural body.

Another source I can't remember explained that it had special significance when it was added.

She is Corellian though, by other sources confirming that. She is therefore (and also) human. Corellia has 3 sentient species: humans, Selonians (Trolls) and Drall (giant beavers). The tunnel-like qualities on ships (like the Millennium Falcon) reflect the non-human influences in Corellian Engineering.

But again, why would first cousins from a prominent Corellian family both be taken away by the Jedi, and then both get the same religious symlolism in a headress, and then both have turns at seats on the Jedi High Council?

It could happen I suppose. But in movieland, since Alec Guiness and Ewan McGreggor play Obi-Wan, and Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, and Sebastian Shaw all play Anakin (in some form or other), why can't 2 different actors play Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia? It's not like you really notice in their split second scenes-at-a-distance.

CaptainSolo1138
03-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Adi Gallia has not been killed.
Thanks for clearing that up. I don't follow the EU too closley, so there was probably just some confusion on my behalf.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Chapter 24 was sweet!!! I loved the ongoing battle/chase between the Jedi and Grievous with his bodyguards.
Was that whole "moving cave painting" thing supposed to be a metaphor for Anakin and Padmé? I didn't realize that until halfway through the sequence, but by then I'd forgotten what happened and couldn't connect the dots. :p
I loved when they were hopping the gates and it kept saying "Please deposit two Republic credits." That was great! :D
Now in the 3D version of ANH I want to see Momaw Nadon blow up the cantina's floors by screaming. :D

I wonder how Grievous will get Palpatine, because it seems like the Jedi currently have the upper hand.

Ji'dai
03-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Chapter 24 was sweet!!! I loved the ongoing battle/chase between the Jedi and Grievous with his bodyguards.
Was that whole "moving cave painting" thing supposed to be a metaphor for Anakin and Padmé? I didn't realize that until halfway through the sequence, but by then I'd forgotten what happened and couldn't connect the dots. :p

Anakin's vision quest (the cave paintings) showed a warrior who rose to slay the great enemy that was destroying his people. The warrior lost his arm during the battle but his new limb contained a portion of the enemy and he was endowed with great power as a result. (Probably an analogy for the Dark Side). Eventually the warrior was consumed by this power and he became helpless to prevent the destruction of those he loved. The paintings resolve themselves into a Vader mask shortly before Anakin passes out.

I loved when they were hopping the gates and it kept saying "Please deposit two Republic credits." That was great! :D

Yeah, that was funny!

plasticfetish
03-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Wow. I can't believe how light the chat is about these cartoons...

On the whole, I was really amazed by these five episodes. I think the quality is double that of last seasons run (and I loved the stuff from last season.) I'm mostly just amazed by how much story these guys got to tell -- how much important Star Wars history they got to show. I think they did a great job putting it all together. It's a fun cartoon, but it's also very "Star Wars" to me.

Love the stuff with Palpatine... he's so smug. Brilliant.

To me it seems like such a smart thing to have this "Episode 2.5" and to have it done as a cartoon. I'm still digesting it all, and I can't wait to watch it again, but I really love this idea of leading into Episode 3 this way.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2005, 09:22 AM
I'll have to check the TV listings. I didn't see anything about a Marathon this evening. Hmmmm...

I really enjoyed the series. I think the dialogue between Obi-Wan and Anakin was kept "light" because they wanted to show they didn't always have conflict in their relationship.

The cave painting reference to Padme's end was simply brillant.

Interesting that the alien species was mutated from looking like cats to giant, obese hamsters. LOL "Welcome home, honey!"

The animation was, again, stunning. The visuals were so amazingly rendered and I really can't wait for this next volume to appear on DVD. Do you think we'll have to wait as long or will they release it alongside the Revenge of the Sith DVD?

One last note for Insane Jedi Girl... when did Anakin become such an animated hottie?!!! :)

;)

Kidhuman
03-26-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll have to check the TV listings. I didn't see anything about a Marathon this evening. Hmmmm...

When I searched for the cartoons on my DVR ot set up to record, it popped up for tonight between 8 and 930.

5 was great. I loved the whole series. I wish they would have done Seasons one and Two like this with 12 minute shows. Palps arrogance was awesome. I like the fact that they let Grievous kill some Jedi too.

CrunchyNug
03-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I just finished watching the marathon on Cartoon Network. It was so awesome to see all five episodes back-to-back. These toons are so well done - it is totaly Star Wars!!!

Although it did feel a bit Star Trek when Shaak Ti left Palpatine with the 2 other Jedi. They were like the sad extras who would accompany the crew on a side mission, only never to return to the ship. I am so excited for Ep III now!!!

Imperial Monarche
03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
I loved them, but now there is a continuity problem. Depending on which ever you follow, print or screen, there is two different stories on how Palps was captured and the events leading up to Ep. III. I personally liked both equally, but I think it sucks that one has to contridict the other. Why couldn't they either make the cartoons off the books (or tell a different part of the story than what Labrynth of Evil talks about) or why couldn't the book have been written to better suit the cartoon.

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 02:04 AM
I recorded all five in a row tonight and deleted the seperate shows. They seem to flow much better straight through. I wish CN would show 1-25 in order now.

plasticfetish
03-27-2005, 03:37 AM
I wish CN would show 1-25 in order now.Who knows... they might do it in May before Ep. 3 comes out.

Ji'dai
03-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I wish CN would broadcast all the Star Wars cartoons from the animated segment of the Holiday Special to Droids & Ewoks through the Clone Wars. That would be a helluva way to usher in Episode III.

kool-aid killer
03-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I really enjoyed seeing the little marathon yesterday, makes me even more anxious to see the Ep. 3. I felt bad for the two Jedi alongside Shaak Ti, i knew they were going to be toast. But now i wonder when are we going to get these five on DVD, probably in tandem with the Ep 3. DVD release. And i wouldnt be suprised if Cartoon Network did show all 25 stories sometime before the movies release, it would make sense to me.

Slicker
03-27-2005, 04:08 PM
There's only 5 of these? I thought they were gonna do 10 more.:confused:

General_Grievous
03-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Whoa...

I haven't been on these boards in quite some time, but I managed to watch all five of the new episodes.

I'll start with Chapter 21. The conclusion of the Grievous-Ki Adi fight was great, but my personal highlight for the episode was the Jedi Council scene. It was great to hear all of the council talk except for Saesee (who spoke in Chapter 23) and Plo Koon (who I wanted to hear speak the most). Overall, really good.

Chapter 22 was my least favorite in the new season.The only thing I really enjoyed was Obi-Wan's humor and the Wookiees, even though they were only there for ten seconds. And Anakin eating bugs? Here's what I have to say about that: THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN EAT BUGS, BUT ALSO MAKE OUT WITH NATALIE PORTMAN. NO WAY! But on a side note, it was nice to see Dooku again.

Chapter 23 was pretty good, but I got kind of tired of the intercuts of Anakin and Obi Wan on Nelvaan when the action was getting really good on Coruscant. Yoda definitely kicked some tail. And the scene at the end with Palpatine was great, too.

Chapter 24 was enjoyable, but to me it seemed kind of silly a bit. Grievous was played for comedy. Case in point: When he was running down after the elevator looking like a Bobbing Head doll and when he got pulled away by the train. The Magna Guards were cool. But seeing Anakin's vision turning into Vader was awesome.

Chapter 25 was probably my favorite. Seeing Anakin and the Nelvaan warriors taking down the Techno Union was pretty cool. It was also a cool explanation on why his mechanical hand looks different in ROTS. At first I thought that Anakin choked Wat Tambor, but then I remembered that he's going to be in ROTS. Now I know that it was just some Techno Union scientist. And the child running to his father is pretty symbolic to the OT, if you think about it. A child recognizing his father's good through the deformity that he's become. Pretty powerful stuff.

Grievous capturing Palpatine was cool. It was sad to see the Talz and the Ithorian Jedi die, but you could see it coming from a mile away. And Palpy backtalking Grievous was pretty funny, too. Who can forget the priceless line, "Shaak Ti, my dear! You've come to rescue me!" And Mace's force-crush blow to Grievous explains the rumors of Grievous' "coughing" throughout ROTS.

Whew! This has gotten me really hyped for May 19th!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Anakin's vision quest (the cave paintings) showed a warrior who rose to slay the great enemy that was destroying his people. The warrior lost his arm during the battle but his new limb contained a portion of the enemy and he was endowed with great power as a result. (Probably an analogy for the Dark Side). Eventually the warrior was consumed by this power and he became helpless to prevent the destruction of those he loved. The paintings resolve themselves into a Vader mask shortly before Anakin passes out.
Oh okay, I see it now. I didn't notice the Vader mask before.

I LOVED the final chapter! The only bad thing was, I wanted to see those Skakoans (or whatever those Wat Tambor things are) blow up. :D

It was great to see Grievous use all four arms, and kill those Jedi!
I loved when Palpatine smirked and said, "What would your master say?" Grievous must be blind, to see both Sidious and Palpatine so closely and not make the connection . . .
It was good to see why Anakin's hand looks different in ROTS. Oh, and to learn why Grievous coughs a lot in ROTS and not the rest of the cartoons.
It was great how it basically did everything except show Anakin and Obi-Wan get into their fighters. What a great way to end it!

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
It was great to see Grievous use all four arms, and kill those Jedi!
I loved when Palpatine smirked and said, "What would your master say?" Grievous must be blind, to see both Sidious and Palpatine so closely and not make the connection . . .

Grievous, as far as we know has only seen Sidious in a hologram.

plasticfetish
03-28-2005, 01:01 AM
That's true, and we only really saw him with Dooku...

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 11:37 AM
JP, I'm not sure about animated Anakin being a hottie (out of my realm of expertise :p), but I imagine it happened about the same time Shaak Ti became such a luscious animated babe. Because she's, well, sorta homely in live action.

OC47150
03-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Loved season 3. But I'm hoping a few other will have this same question as I do:

Is Padme already pregnant?

ROTS will begin almost immediately where CW 3 ended, judging from the final scene. Anakin and Padme could be reunited after the big beginning at ROTS or could've had a rendevous off-screen during the CW.

I guess what I'm getting at is, a nine-month time period for a SW storyline to develop is a long time. The pace is quick and (just guessing) takes place over a period of days, not months.

It's just one of those things you wonder about.

mm74md
03-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Loved season 3. But I'm hoping a few other will have this same question as I do:

Is Padme already pregnant?

ROTS will begin almost immediately where CW 3 ended, judging from the final scene. Anakin and Padme could be reunited after the big beginning at ROTS or could've had a rendevous off-screen during the CW.

I guess what I'm getting at is, a nine-month time period for a SW storyline to develop is a long time. The pace is quick and (just guessing) takes place over a period of days, not months.

It's just one of those things you wonder about.

I'm not sure if you noticed (I can't remember which episode it was) where Anakin comes back to Naboo for some R&R. Padme sees his scarred face, then they pan to her home(?) with just 1 light on. Then as they fade out the light goes out. I think that was when the twins were conceived.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 02:50 PM
That's the scene where "Across the Stars" fades into the opening theme from Sanford and Son, right? :D

Even though they don't jive, Labyrinth of Evil takes place at the same time, and there are a few subtle allusions in that book to her being pregnant at this point, but not knowing it yet (or at least not having told Ani yet).

OC47150
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
The first episode had them meeting in a Coruscant alley. I do remember that.

It wasn't in episodes 4 - 5. When they showed Padme ordering the evacuation, she didn't look preggers.

(I know, we're reading WAAAY too much into a cartoon!)

mm74md
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Any idea when this season will be on DVD?

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Any idea when this season will be on DVD?

This is a complete guess, but I'd say most likely around the time of the ROTS DVD release. . . likely October or November.

El Chuxter
03-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Going back to what Tycho said about Adi and Eeth -- I'm pretty sure Adi is dead.

Comic spoiler ahead!

In the latest issue of Obsession, Adi and another Jedi Master are jumped by General Grievous. It's not 1000% confirmed, but it looks to me like it's a fatal attack.