PDA

View Full Version : Weekly review?

LusiferSam
12-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I've been kicking this idea around for a while, but what would guys think about a weekly review of vintage toys? This is an idea I've seen on other sites and thought it might give a much needed kick to this forum. My idea for here would be to list a vintage figure, vehicle, playset, or accessory each week and let people talk about it. I'm not thinking of just a plain review, but stories from childhood, how you got the item, or any other info you wish to share. If folks are interested I'll start with Luke Skywalker on 12/19/04.

plasticfetish
12-10-2004, 04:17 AM
If you wanted, you could start a new thread for each figure over in the "reviews" section. One a week, or maybe even one every two weeks sounds cool.

vader121
12-10-2004, 07:24 AM
sounds good. However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I think its a good idea.

PF, I think it would be better here, because we will be discussing other aspects of the figure, such as memories and schtuff. But, where ever it goes, I will be part of it.

LusiferSam
12-10-2004, 07:01 PM
PF, I think it would be better here, because we will be discussing other aspects of the figure, such as memories and schtuff.
Yes, exactly. So in that respect "review" might not be the right to use. Maybe a focused discussion that involves reviews, stories, memories, and other thoughts is more accurate, but that's to big of a mouth full.

However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.
My line of thought was more the memorable ones. Like I can tell you I got my Ben and X-Wing Luke for Xmas of '83, that's not too memorable. Yoda, my first SW figure was a memorable one. Or maybe you found a rare figure at a garage sale for 50 or had to work really hard to track down a mint 12 back Stormtrooper. Its what you want to share.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2004, 09:27 AM
sounds good. However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.I can recall something "interesting" about at least these figures, so this would be a worthwhile thread:

Jawa
Walrusman
Boba Fett
Wicket W. Warrick
Barada (and a couple more carded POTF ones)
Lando Calrissian
Luke X-Wing
Yoda

And I know where I got these figures, too:
R2-D2
Rebel Commando
Rebel Soldier
Cloud Car Pilot
Lando General
Rancor Keeper

Fun!

Deoxyribonucleic
12-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Count me in!!

:D

Hellboy
12-12-2004, 02:53 AM
Sounds like a fun idea.

Rocketboy
12-12-2004, 12:18 PM
It does sound like fun.
At least 2/3 of my childhood involves Star Wars, so I have plenty of memories to share.

vader121
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
I can recall something for the following:

R2
Landspeeder
Vader, Tusken Raider, and 2 Stormtrooper packs at Penney's
Luke
Death Star Droid
Twin Pod Cloud Car
Snowspeeder
Tie Interceptor
Death Star playset
Y Wing
At At
A few mini rigs
Wampa
Star Destroyer playset
Rebel Commando
Some Weequays, Klaatus, and Niktos
Barada
Jabba the hutt playset
Twin Pod Cloud Cal Pilot
Diecast Tie Fighter

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 03:59 PM
I can recall most everything. Hehehehe I got your stories. :D :beard:

LusiferSam
12-16-2004, 11:54 AM
As there has been a lot of interest in do this, I've made a tentative schedule. But a couple of questions have come to mind. Most of these we won't get to for a long, long time, so I don't need an answer right a way.

First, Blue Snaggletooth. Do you guys want to talk about him as individual figure, as a variation, (i.e. the same time as Red), or only in the context of the Cantina Adventure playset?

Stands and Cases? I wasn't planning on doing these, but if people to discuss them we can.

Next, Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band. The band as a set or each figure individually?

And finally, Droids and Ewoks. I was planning on doing the A-Wing Fighter last. Its a Droids item, but does play a staring role in ROTJ. Now do we want to talk about the other Droids and Ewok toys?

Kidhuman
12-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Blue Snags, I feel the same as red. Same fig, different outfits.

Stands and cases....either way

Sy and the Band...dont have em(yet) so I cant comment either way

Droids,, dont have any, see above.

Rocketboy
12-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Snaggletooth - I'd include all variations as 1 figure (IE. Snaggle, big/little head Han, ect.).

Stands/Cases - doesn't matter

Rebo Band - I say all 3 together since they were sold that way.

Droids/Ewoks - Save 'em for last. A Wing (and all vehicles) doesn't make a difference to me.

LusiferSam
12-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Snaggletooth - I'd include all variations as 1 figure (IE. Snaggle, big/little head Han, ect.).
That was my original line of thought. But seeing is how Blue is so different from Red many see it as more then a variation. I use to be of one school of thought but I've switched sides, but I'll save that for when we get to Snaggletooth.

Droids/Ewoks - Save 'em for last. A Wing (and all vehicles) doesn't make a difference to me.
The way I'm planning on doing this is year by year, so Droids and Ewoks would be last. In either case the A-Wing is last item as I want to end on a high note.