PDA

View Full Version : Collection 2 figures revealed!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3727&zoneid=2

Wow, these are sweet! Better articulated versions of Dooku, Plo Koon, Agen Kolar, Shaak Ti, and Kit Fisto! Plus Mon Mothma, Padmé, a good gold C-3PO after the vintage fiasco, a cloth-caped Royal Guard, and more! Hot damn these are going to rock!!!

mericen
12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes they are going to rock. I just hope that Hasbro makes more than one Padme next year. Plus you can buy two Agen Kolars and say one of them is Eeth Koth, which looks much better than the previous one they have released. My favorite of the bunch is probably Mon Mothma or Shaak Ti. I can not wait to see the Episode III Aayla Secura and Luminara Undali(assuming the lists are true).

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 07:04 PM
These look great, I hope they have decent articulation and all.

One question, doubt anyone really knows the answer, but is Agen Kolar a rehash of Eeth Koth?

El Chuxter
12-10-2004, 07:17 PM
My faith in Hasbro has been restored. Which is a good thing, since that Vader figure found my lack of faith disturbing! :p

These all look great, and that looks to be the best C-3PO yet!

I plan to pick up an extra Kit so I can customize an "ultimate super-articulated Kit Fisto with Ladykillin' Grin(R) and Totally Ripped Pecs(tm)." :D

An interesting observation (though probably old news to most): there's a figure of Chancellor Palpatine and Emperor Palpatine. But no Darth Sidious. Hmmm.

AmanaMatt
12-11-2004, 12:10 AM
The C-3PO has potential - it would be nice finally having a kick arse version of him!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-11-2004, 01:33 AM
well, i guess i never did like that extra kidney and could stand to part with it to make some bucks as next year i'm going to be as broke as MC Hammer. :D

I'm VERY impressed with these figures. They are all looking very excellent to me. Good job Hasbro! Though, i can't help but wonder if they'll have a Padme figure with "Birth Giving action!" for the line. I won't even go into my idea for the action feature as I know younglings read the site. ;) Cheers! :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-11-2004, 12:04 PM
These look great, I hope they have decent articulation and all.

One question, doubt anyone really knows the answer, but is Agen Kolar a rehash of Eeth Koth?
Agen Kolar isn't a rehash of Eeth Koth, he looks to be all-new. The Agen Kolar from the Jedi Council set is, though.

Speaking of rehashes, the battle droid is the 2002 version, but with a new paintjob and Kashyyyk base. At least it won't fall down anymore.

Hopefully if the blue Royal Guard goes well we can get a cloth-caped red one too, like the vintage one.

Rocketboy
12-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Very nice. In both collections, I see 10 -12 that I'll want to pick up.

Is this the first pregnant figure in mainstream action figures?
Wonder if that the WalMart Soccer moms will throw a fit...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Very nice. In both collections, I see 10 -12 that I'll want to pick up.

Is this the first pregnant figure in mainstream action figures?
Wonder if that the WalMart Soccer moms will throw a fit...
Wasn't there a big deal with pregnant Barbies a few years ago? You could take out the baby from her gut and also remove the fat. People were all excited about it because it was really rare or something, my uncle bought like twenty and sold some on eBay for a lot (but ended up returning the others).

Maybe they're over it by now, but someone will likely get mad if they decide to make a "delivery" Padmé. Maybe as a Collection 1 figure with an action feature - instead of squeezing her legs, you spread them apart and the twins fall out. ;)

evenflow
12-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Very awesome, I cant wait for these.

Devo
12-12-2004, 11:58 AM
They do all look disturbingly good. I vowed off buying prequel toys but some of these are annoyingly tempting. Definitely fewer pegwarmers than EpII and definitely more that will fly off the shelves. I think Hasbro are onto something good with the ROTS line.

I'll almost certainly buy Vader, Palpy, Chewie and 3PO as I think they'll work as OT figures aswell. The things that annoys me is that all those lightsabre wielding figures look amazing too. I may have to continue some kind of Jedi-theme collection with those. Obi-wan and Anakin both look superb and you can't really have one without the other. Finally a decent lightsaber-holding, normal expression, gimmick-free Mace Windu. A good neutral-pose Shaak Ti and Kit Fisto. Agen Kolar looks particularly beautiful. Yoda looks like he can use two hands on his lightsaber. Lots of articulation and they picked very flattering poses for those pictures. Damn them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Gimmick-free Mace Windu? No, actually, all the Collection 1 figures have action features. For Mace, you squeeze his legs together and he throws lightning off his shoulder or something. At least, this time none of them have buttons (that I know of). In that big pic, all the figures on the left three columns have features, while none of the others do. Collection 1 is the "kids" line and 2 is the "collectors," or so Hasbro says.

Rocketboy
12-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Wasn't there a big deal with pregnant Barbies a few years ago? You could take out the baby from her gut and also remove the fat. People were all excited about it because it was really rare or something, my uncle bought like twenty and sold some on eBay for a lot (but ended up returning the others).Are you serious? That's messed up. What was Hasbro/Mattel/whomever thinking?

Maybe they're over it by now, but someone will likely get mad if they decide to make a "delivery" Padmé. Maybe as a Collection 1 figure with an action feature - instead of squeezing her legs, you spread them apart and the twins fall out. ;)Yeah, I'll leave that one alone... there's no sense in getting banned, is there?:D

Devo
12-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Gimmick-free Mace Windu? No, actually, all the Collection 1 figures have action features. For Mace, you squeeze his legs together and he throws lightning off his shoulder or something. At least, this time none of them have buttons (that I know of). In that big pic, all the figures on the left three columns have features, while none of the others do. Collection 1 is the "kids" line and 2 is the "collectors," or so Hasbro says.

I see. I've been quite ignorant of the ROTS line for the most part because of my general lack of interest in prequel figures. I was particularly pessimistic about initial wave figures for the movie year after the crap they put out for AOTC. Nevertheless I had a look at this lineup out of curiosity and found myself actually impressed. Just looking at those I had no idea there were action features and that bodes well if they are to be unobtrusive (sp?).

I seriously love the pose they have Darth Vader in, the cape looks like its cloth but it manages to look realistic there. And that Palpatine looks like it gives the recent Saga Emperor a good kick up the jacksie.

LTBasker
12-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Maybe as a Collection 1 figure with an action feature - instead of squeezing her legs, you spread them apart and the twins fall out. ;)

I think it would be more fun to see them burst out and run off ala Alien. ;)

I'm glad we'll finally get neutral versions of Shaak Ti, Kit and Agen. Agen would probably be better standing in for E1 figures as Eeth Koth while Eeth Koth would probably be better standing in for E3 figures as Agen :crazed:

Hasbro's confusing!

JEDIpartner
12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Nice to see that a higher res picture was posted. I really like the Threepio, now!!!

Slicker
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
*SPOILER......MAYBE*

Isn't Tarkin gonna be in the movie? I'd love to see a young Tarkin. And if he's in the movie they better get someone that can portray him as good or better than Cushing.

JEDIpartner
12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
They showed the mask that was created from a bust of Cushing that was on-loan from his estate.

Kidhuman
12-12-2004, 09:57 PM
JabbaJohnL, thanks for answering the question.

Rocketboy...tempting remarks fly through my head, but I agree with you.

Lazer Brain
12-13-2004, 02:23 PM
all i want for christmas is a 3/4" c3po that bends at the knees...please oh please...
later

InsaneJediGirl
12-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Much better than the collection 1 figures in my opinion.Looking good,I like just about each one :D

DarthQuack
12-18-2004, 09:09 PM
They all look awesome, I'm really looking forward to the bodyguard figures.

TheDarthVader
12-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Yes, they look (dare I say) perfect! Wow, what an awesome lineup of ROTS figures! I am very excited and can't wait to add all of these into my collection.

B.
TDV

ronhudy
12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
all i want for christmas is a 3/4" c3po that bends at the knees...please oh please...
later

a 3/4" 3PO?! That's pretty small, isn't it? ;)

bobafrett
12-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Emperor Palpatine is holding a lightsaber. Is this a sign of maybe something we will see in EPIII? I love this collection, going home to make room for the new figures right now!

Slicker
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Bobafrett I don't know if you're into spoilers but here's one.

bobafrett
12-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I saw that on the trailer, but wasn't sure if that was the emperor, the guy looks like he's going to wail on some poor soul. First Yoda lights his saber in EPII, and now this!

MandalorianKid
12-21-2004, 08:52 PM
hit's head finnaly looks accurate without his tendrills waveing in the wind. unfortunatly i like the floating in the wind. CW Still owns this one but it's still great to see a movie accurate Fisto. heres hopeing the guards come in 2 colors seeing as the card shows a red guard. sorry if i wasent suopsoed to say that.

Slicker
12-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I saw that on the trailer, but wasn't sure if that was the emperor, the guy looks like he's going to wail on some poor soul. First Yoda lights his saber in EPII, and now this! I myself would really like to know who he's fighting. We can only guess right now unless someone has some info. I think it may be Dooku for some reason but I'm no doubt wrong.

Kidhuman
12-21-2004, 10:26 PM
I wouldnt be a bit suprised if it is Yoda.

jedi master sal
12-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Read below if you want to know...SPOILER!!!
Highlight below.

He's fighting Yoda and beats him. But this could also be a scene in which he reveals himself to Mace and Anakin. That is the scene where Mace dies.

End.

StarmanSkywalker
12-23-2004, 09:15 PM
This forum is so much better than rebelscum.com's ROTS forum as people actually care to warn others of potentioal spoilers. On RS you get flamed for asking members to mind when they are posting a spoiler.

Kyle Katarn
12-24-2004, 12:42 AM
very sweet figures...I want to get them, specially Mon Mothma.

DarthQuack
12-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Wasn't sure if this was brought up, and it may be out of place, but anyone know if these new figures will still fit in StarCases? Thanks

Kidhuman
12-24-2004, 11:53 PM
They will most likely need new star cases. The rounded bubble, unless kept very slim will not allow them to fit in. The old putting the square into the circle bit is at hand here.(but the opposite way)

mastermatt24
12-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Wow... Have you guys seen his other posts?? No wonder he got banned.. :rolleyes:

Devo
12-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Wow... Have you guys seen his other posts?? No wonder he got banned.. :rolleyes:

Thats the first time I've seen anything like that on these forums. Its quite typical over at Spawn.com.

TheDarthVader
12-31-2004, 12:16 AM
What did I miss? What kind of post was it? Who got banned? I am curious. Please fill me in. It could be one of my sirsteve friends.

B.
TDV

mastermatt24
12-31-2004, 02:05 AM
It was some guy that didnt like JT very much. He had 6 posts.. (The 6 bad things he said about JT) He was saying some "sexually explicit" and some quite crude things about him. :ermm:

TheDarthVader
01-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh. Thanks for filling me in.

What sucks is that not long ago I bought 100 star cases! I might have to modify my cases so that the Ep3 figures will fit. I have done that already for ole Ephant Mon. If I don't do it, I am going to have many cases that I can not use! :(

B.
TDV

mastermatt24
01-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Youre welcome.

How did you do it for ephant?