PDA

View Full Version : MM Alumni...report in!!

britcit3
12-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Hello all

Whilst I never used the old GALOOB buzz board, I now consider myself an old hack on the SSG micro forum.

I only post when I consider I have useful to say about micro collecting, but I often "lurk" for weeks without posting.

Just out of interest, I was wondering who is still left out there? (I know VT, R2 and SWAF are still there).

BC3

Jeddah et al?????

r2dee2
12-11-2004, 04:58 PM
You're right R2 is still here lol I did post in the buzzboard for awhile, though can't remember my user name, but it was something r2 related, go figure ;) :D :p I didn't post too much, except for reporting when I found some particular MM of interest :cool:

I'd STILL like to know where GSJ is !!!! and hope he is well !!!!!

britcit3
12-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey R2 - very nice to hear that you are still around (seen your posts on RS recently).

As ever, your site is fantastic - keep it up.

BC3

LTBasker
12-11-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm alive...and yeah. Just not really active over here except for lately, been too busy with offline stuff and trying to keep up with things like Marvel Legends and regular Star Wars figures.

JediTricks
12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
I was a Buzzboarder before I was an SSGer, back then I went by my Babylon5-inspired username "Random Ranger".

As for GSJ, I too am concerned as I haven't heard anything and last time he came back was from something bad in his family, and he disappeared right afterwards.

JediGoofy
12-13-2004, 07:12 AM
I am still here too. :)
In the past I read the old Galoob buzzboard but never posted. Now I read SSG boards almost daily, but not having interesting things to say I do not post very often. :(
Due to lack of MM and AF I redirected my SW collecting to LEGO. Very nice but also very expensive! :eek:
Now I am waiting for the new Micro Vehicle Multi Pack, but I am afraid it will be another let down like the Titanium Series. :frus:
Oh, well...

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. I tried to e-mail GSJ a few months ago, but did not receive any response. I wish all the best to him and his family. :)

RJarvis
12-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Howdy folks...still here...I read just about every day although I rarely have anything interesting enough to post...been around since about 2 weeks after the old board opened...

Hoping someday for the re-emergence of STMMS, but in the mean time I've begun cutting up old duplicates of my STMMs to make customs. I've also started collecting Furuta (some of which have fallen victim to my Dremel as well) and am anxiously awaiting the Romando Coll. 2 (I can't afford Coll. 1 although I do drool over the pics periodically thanks to BC3's site). Also checking Hobby Lobby/Hobbytown USA just about every day for sightings of the Johnny Lightning series...

much to look forward to with little hope for newer SWMMS...

Ross

LTBasker
12-13-2004, 09:38 PM
If anyone wants to snail-mail GSJ, I've got his address saved.

Bobby Fett
12-13-2004, 10:56 PM
I don't actively collect MM's, but I have picked up a lot of them over the years. I've been thinking pretty seriously about completing the Action Fleet line. Maybe that would be a good New Year's resolution!

vulcantouch
12-28-2004, 11:57 AM
-do you see that ever stopping me? (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=356&page=12&pp=35) ;D

haggie
12-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm not even lurking anymore. With SWAF currently dead, it's hard to get excited. Plus, I just don't have any free time on my hands. The only reason I'm even posting now is because I made my once-a-month peek into the forum and saw this post.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Micro Machines and Action Fleet are still an integral part of my collection despite the lack of them the last few years. They were the first line I ever collected and they hold a special place in my heart. :cry:

Like many forumites, I too lurk in the vegetation here on the MM forum, jumping out of the tall grass only when it is suitable. :)

good shot jansen
05-14-2005, 10:54 AM
i'm here (finally)

began back in 96 or 97 on the old buzz, and came on over to ssg on the behast of the invitation extended by random ranger to all who were left in a vacuum after hasbro shut the buzz in 99. :stupid:

note of interest - marilyn's post in this thread on 12/11/2004 was the last post she made at ssg.

my new sig line is in her honor.

i have included her lightsaber so that it will always shine bright.

and the song title quote sums up for me, what she had always given to the collecting community; peace love and understanding