PDA

View Full Version : Best way to sell off a carded collection?

dindae
12-12-2004, 08:13 PM
So I am deciding to go to a completely opened collection but I'm trying to figure out how best to do it. I would like to get what I invested in it back or close to it. But I'm not sure if that can be done looking at the prices going online. I have everything from the modern line and most variations. I would like to sell it all at once and I will try that once I get it all typed up and photographed. If I cant get what I want out of it I will probably open up all the army builders and sell of the rest individually. Just wonder if anyone had any suggestions.

Slicker
12-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I remembered seeing a topic somewhat like this one a while back. Hopes it helps. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25854&highlight=sell+collection

Turbowars
12-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I guarantee that you will not get back what you paid, unless you have a few OC Transition carded Ben's. No one wants POTF2 crap anymore.

Sell it on e-bay or if you really want to get screwed, just send it to Brian's toys and he'll pick what he wants and send the crap back to you with a check.

If time isn't an issue, selling about 6-12 figure at a time with 1 or 2 really good ones will bring you in more $$.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Or just sell it to Turbo. He'll buy anything. :D :beard:

Turbowars
12-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Or just sell it to Turbo. He'll buy anything. :D :beard:Yeah, I'll buy a OC Ben transition for .99 if you got it.:p

dindae
12-14-2004, 08:18 AM
I may take you up on that. :D I probably won't do anything until after the holiday. Wait until February when excitement is starting to build.

Val Da Car
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
You might be facing some resistance when the figures get compared to the POTC and Ep 3 stuff hitting the shelves.

dr_evazan22
01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Last year I decided to sell off my multiples (I used to buy 2 of each up until the beginning of SAGA). Rented a table at a collectibles show with a buddy who was selling ST. Hardly sold a thing. The only pieces that really sold were items that were hard to find to begin with, otherwise the fig's sat there, even priced at $2 - 3.

Maybe get a value on the collection from Toyfare or something and consider donating it to a childrens hospital. You'll probably get a better price that way.

Good luck!

Slicker
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
That's a great idea. I've never thought about donation. I'm not in the market to sell but if you want to get top dollar go with that. That's also a great way to sell an automobile.

AmanaMatt
01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
When I decided to become an OTC only completist, I tried to sell 80 carded figs from the new trilogy...everywhere I tried, no one wanted these, and at a great reduced price...so, I donated them all, and felt way better about it in the end too!

DarthQuack
01-06-2005, 02:43 PM
That was a great thing to do. I thought about doing that with some of mine.