PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett Figure! (Look Inside)

Beast
12-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Found a picture of one of the upcoming Jango Fett figures over at Sandtroopers.com. Figured I would share it with you guys. Enjoy, atleast until Sir Steve has to pull it down. He looks pretty cool, but I hope it's a deluxe figure as it's another case of a figure with limited posability.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:38 PM
sandtroopers.com (http://www.sandtroopers.com/) have what seems to be the Jango Fett figure(just scroll down to you find it).

Personally I think it might be a fake?I'm not sure as of yet

Anyways check it out and post your thoughts here!

GNT
12-30-2001, 09:47 PM
Jango in his pose,another let down by Hasbro :(

kit fristo
12-30-2001, 09:56 PM
is this an official figure or a fake.......

clontroper...

Beast
12-30-2001, 09:58 PM
Thanks for combining the posts GNT, only beat you by 3 minutes. Looks ok, hopefully like the Padme figure, it's a deluxe figure. I sure hope the entire line isn't full of these statues. :(

As to whether it's real or not, well...if Hasbro orders the images removed, they we know that they are real. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-30-2001, 10:03 PM
I think Sirsteve merged the 2 topics into one!Oh well,3minutes do'h!

It still looks like a fake to me!

derek
12-30-2001, 10:15 PM
i don't care for the pose, but it looks official to me. what about it looks fake to you?

GNT
12-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by derek
i don't care for the pose, but it looks official to me. what about it looks fake to you?

Too me it looks fake because of his left hand,from the looks of it diferent textures of silver(dull below the waist and shinny above(gun and the silver part around his wrists)

I guess I'm paranoid :rolleyes: then again the Cr2ppy pose is all Hasbro :rolleyes:

chewie
12-30-2001, 11:55 PM
If thats a real figure, then its a deluxe, IMO. The regular figure wouldn't be in such a dramatic pose.

bigbarada
12-31-2001, 12:02 AM
Useless crap figure! If this is indicative of the Ep2 toys then count me out!:mad:

GNT
12-31-2001, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by chewie
If thats a real figure, then its a deluxe, IMO. The regular figure wouldn't be in such a dramatic pose.

Remember this is Hasbro we are talking about,plus with the new bigger bubbles there is no reason why it wouldn't come out in the standard line,its still a big dissapointment really :(

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 09:14 AM
I like the overall detailing of the figure, but again- it's those stupid legs!!!

Did you notice that Padmé's legs are in the same pose, but going the other direction? I hate that... you have her with right knee bent and left leg stuck out and now we have Jango with left knee bent and right leg stuck out. You get a bunch of figures with this stance and it will look completely stupid. I can assure you of that. I love the way they gave Jango hip articulation as if you could possibly put him in another pose! That is so funny. Go ahead... imagine to yourself what it would look like when you push the legs up to simulate what SHOULD be sitting pose. It's stretch out "Yoga Fett"!!!

I wouldn't mind these as delux figures, but standard figures like this would suck stagnant pond water!!! :frus:

Obi-Don
12-31-2001, 09:17 AM
It doesn't look like the real thing to me,To shiney. I hope that this only a test figure and not the one they will put out.If so lets hope that the legs are movable. If not,we are in for a bad year when it comes to figures. :mad: :(

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
It doesn't look like the real thing to me,To shiney. I hope that this only a test figure and not the one they will put out.

I'm sure it is a finished preproduction sculpt. Take a look at the paint characterisitics of the Deluxe Leia and some of the other figures and compare them to what eventually came out. The paint was either too shiny, too flat or the wrong shade of the colour.

Wolfwood319
12-31-2001, 05:49 PM
I have a feeling most of the AOTC figures will have that "action pose" feel to them. Just look at the Obi-Wan from the official site. Why do you think they increased the bubble size? Its so they can fit the figure and accesory on the card. I think the card size is bigger as well.

I guess Hasbro's reasoning behind this is that collectors like good sculpts and bright packaging because most don't take them out of the packages (i.e. McFarlane figs). Just look at Eeth Koth and DSE Han.

jedibear
01-02-2002, 02:06 AM
....than what was featured with the Episode One line...
Remember, all of the intial figures (especially the core characters) were just posed standing there.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the action poses on some of the characters. I think the Eeth Koth figure looks more dynamic than the SaeSee Tinn one.

Also, it's been mentioned on other sites that there will be three basic groups of figures for AOTC. The articulated ones (for playabilty/posabilty), the action/scene specific ones (for the collector-minded) & the deluxe ones (with bases & action features).

Let's keep the jury out until we get more info/images....