PDA

View Full Version : Bib, Pig...I have the $$$ I owe ya....

Darth Alex
12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Fortuna, GG,....stop by the Wilkes-Barre Target tommorrow. I have the $4.99 I owe each of you, plus I'll even give you some money for tax. Since I need some Guards for my palace and I have friends who want some guards, too, why don't you bring along 11 more of your friends, GG, and Bib, clone yourself 3 more times, I have friends who want to meet you...:crazed:

No, I haven't lost my mind. I'm just wondering WHY I can buy well into the beginnings of the 2005 line and I still can't find a Bib Fortuna or a Gamorean guard at retail. Last time I looked on Amazon they were both sold out, too.

Why, Hasbro, WHY???????????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Do you really want them? I may be able to hook you up.

plasticfetish
12-13-2004, 06:53 PM
No, I haven't lost my mind.Dude, I honestly thought you had. :D

This brings up an interesting point. The way retailers have been stocking (or haven't) has been really weird this season. As far as sighting these particular OTC figures goes, I've seen them a bunch of times at W*M, just saw them for the very first time at Target, and haven't seen them anywhere else.

What's up with the slim pickin's this year? That's not just for Star Wars toys either. I go into TRU and their shelves are frigging empty! The Wal*Mart near me has nothing, or they're just NOW putting toys out for the holidays. Pretty much goes for Kmart also -- nothing like waiting until mid-December to get ready for X-mas.

I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up seeing tons of the OTC, POTC and even HOF stuff that's still floating around, making it to the sales floor after X-mas.

Old Fossil
12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com still has the Gammorrean for $6. Bib is sold out, though.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 09:54 PM
What's up with the slim pickin's this year? That's not just for Star Wars toys either. I go into TRU and their shelves are frigging empty! The Wal*Mart near me has nothing, or they're just NOW putting toys out for the holidays. Pretty much goes for Kmart also -- nothing like waiting until mid-December to get ready for X-mas..

I was thinking the same thing toinight in Wal-Mart. I went down the toy aisle and they had noithing new. 4 Dagobah Lukes, 2 IG-88's and a ton of ANH VOTC. The rest of the pegs were empty as well.

But then I head 7 miles down the rod to the next Wal-Mart and they have all shelves packed to the Gills, overflowing with stuff the other never seen in its life. Makes no sense.