PDA

View Full Version : Game suggestion

Rocketboy
12-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm looking to pick up a new PS2 game, but I'm a bit wary to pick games up without a good feeling that it's actually good. There are far too many stinkers out there.
I'm hoping for GTA:SA and SW: Battlefront for Christmas, so those two are out for the time being and The Punisher doesn't come out until January.

Anyone know what's good right now?
(Please, no RPGs!)

X13VADER
12-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I Like Both Of Them For Ps2. Gtasa Is Most Excellent I Enjoy The Rocket Pack Cheat So You Can Go Anywhere On The Maps.
Battlefronts Game Is Great Also. It Must Be Like Real Combat To A Point. Its People Everywhere And Around Every Corner Snipping At You

El Chuxter
12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't have a PS2, but my bro-in-law does, and I could spend hours playing Transformers. :D

Also, LOTR:ROTK is an awesome game (even if the end is a tad disappointing) on the Gamecube, and I understand it's just as wicked on PS2.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Chux- yeah, the ending of ROTK was crap. I don't know if they weren't finished with the film at the point the game was done, but it basically just shows blips about middle earth and says we're entering the days of the King. Still, the game has SO MUCH replay value it's disgusting. I could play that game for days. There are few things more fun than destroying orcs and trolls!

If you look sports, go for Hot Shots Golf Fore! or Madden 2005, as Madden is now 19.99 to compete with ESPN sports. Alot of the hot games are: Jak III, Ratchet and clank: up your arsenal, Spider-Man 2, and Rabala Fishing sell are mad. and believe me. I work the electronics department at my wally world supercenter. :D

Slicker
12-14-2004, 01:26 PM
I would have to suggest "Need For Speed: Underground 2". I haven't played it yet but the first one was great and I've this one is the same time 10. It's not quite your thing but you could give it to me if you don't like it.:D

Rocketboy
12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I've been considering Spider-man 2 or Madden 2005/NFL 2K5, especially since they've dropped in price the last few weeks.
Hotshots is a possibility. I have the original for the PS1, and I've played 3, but it was too similar to 1 (basically a graphics upgrade from what I could tell).
There's also Killzone or the new Goldeneye game, but from what I've read. they really aren't that spectacular.
Which one of the new war games is good? There are like 4 and I keep getting them all confused. Shellshock: Nam '67, Call to Duty, and I forget the others.

Slicker
12-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Call to Duty looked really good and Nam 67' looked good but my old roommate had that and beat it in about 3-4 days of not really heavy playing. The graphics were great but if you want long gameplay don't go for that.

El Chuxter
12-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Not only the "normal" ending of ROTK sucked, but I expected something after beating the two Palantir bonus boards and getting to 100% completion. They could've even thrown up a "Congratulations" screen or something.

I wasn't quite sure if Need for Speed crossed over to PS2. Any of those are well worth having.

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Get the new Metal Gear game. i heard it is pretty good.

JediTricks
12-14-2004, 06:54 PM
GTA3 and GTA:Vice City are great fun, I've enjoyed them immensely. Bounty Hunter was good too, a little quirky but decent. Enter the Matrix was good except for a crappy ending, that last board was just the worst, but don't let that turn you off from it since like all the others I've mentioned so far, it's now just $20. As flawed as it was, Red Dead Revolver was pretty enjoyable if you like the western theme.

Hellboy
12-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm more of an Xbox and Gamecube guy but I do buy a few games for my PS2 still. As others have already stated GTA San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 3 are both great games and probably the best the machine has to offer at the moment. If you like fast and flashy arcade style racing games I'd highly recommend Burnout 3: Takedown, simply the best racing game out there. Gran Turismo 4 is supposed to be out before X-mas and it looks promising if you're into racing simulators. Ratchet and Clank UYA and Jak III are both fun and the graphics on Jak III are some of the best I've seen on the PS2. I wasn't overly impressed with Killzone but then again I suppose if you've never played Halo then you might enjoy it. I don't have Prince of Persia: Warrior Within yet but I'd imagine its every bit as good as the original which was fantastic. :)

mrmiller
12-20-2004, 09:01 PM
2 words:
Atari Anthology

Owns
:D

=MATT=

Rocketboy
12-20-2004, 09:34 PM
2 words:
Atari Anthology I actually considered that one a few times. Great nostalgia factor there, but I see today that Target has Spider-man 2 for only $20 this week, so I think that's what I'll go for, since I can't get the one I want the most - GTA:SA (and I've been far too patient, Santa better not be an A-hole!).