PDA

View Full Version : Blade Trinity - Anyone?

Rocketboy
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Surprised not too see a thread on Blade Trinity.
Anyone see it?
I finally got a chance to see it last night.

Overall, it was pretty good, but I think it's the weakest of the Blade movies.

Wesley Snipes is the same bad-@$$ Blade as in the previous two. The Nightstalkers were a nice addition to the cast. Ryan Reynolds added some great comedy to the film. Kinda makes me mad that Marvel has more or less dropped the idea of a Deadpool movie (Reynolds was heavily rumored for the role - he'd be perfect). Jessica Beil holds her own and does a great job in the action scenes (and she's pretty good eye candy :D).

Great action (especailly with Snipes) and effects. And it was good too see they didn't change the way the vampires died again (from a green mess in 1 to a firey ash in 2).

The biggest fault I had was with the villians. They were pretty lame and didn't feel that threatening. The Reavers in Blade 2 were scarier and more imposing. Wrestler Thriple H isn't that great in the movie. He overdoes things quite a few times as does Parker Posey. She was just annoying. And the main villian, Drake, looked like a streoid popping Abercrombie model.

Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that I'm not too sure I like the ending though. It felt almost tacked on to me.

scruffziller
12-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Yea, the weekest of the 3, by far. The writing was sloppy, plot was boring, the action left A TON to be desired(except there were a few moments that were the best I noticed from all three). Plus Blade just seemed like he took a backseat and the newbies stood out in front, really sad and pathetic I really laughed at how at the beginning one of the vampires flips the bird at the sun.:D The funny one-liners the ex-vampire with the beard kept spewing was real good.

However, as from a philosophical standpoint in which puts Blade into the spectrum of what he is in the world of vampires, this movie presented the best element of that of any of the movies. All because of of what Daegon/Dracula/Drac(Drake) told him at the end. "The thirst always wins."
And realizing that, and what Blade is, we as humans better hope it never does.
The movie showed here that Blade was more powerful than Dracula and Dracula was extremley envious of him. If Whistler would not have found Blade when he did, there would have been a new staple added to the worlds list, SUNBLOCK 1000000000.:D

Hellboy
12-17-2004, 07:11 PM
I had high hopes for this film considering David S. Goyer was helming the project but it seemed as if he was so wrapped up in finally directing a film that he forgot to write a decent story first. The plot was so thin its almost nonexistent and the acting in some parts of the film is downright terrible, especially Parker Posey as the incredibly annoying Dannika Talos. Ryan Reynold's take on Hannibal King was a joke, literally. His character's constant wise cracking and pointless monologuing was almost as stupid as the vampires who capture him. How many times do we see the "bad guys" interrogate a prisoner instead of just killing him for no apparent reason other than to stall for the inevitable rescue to take place. :rolleyes: This film falls victim to so many action film cliches that they're to numerous to list and don't even get me started on the ridiculous vampire dogs, no seriously, there are vampire dogs in this film. :stupid:

Its really sad because the first two films are really quite good and different for that matter, standing on their own merit as worthy entries into the franchise. The action scenes in these films were intense and the music complimented what was happening on screen. In Trinity each action scene felt forced, and the music makes the action scenes come off like a music video. I really expected more from Goyer, maybe he should stick to writing since he just drove the nail into the coffin of this now dead franchise. :dis:

Turbowars
12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Saw it last week because my wife loves the flicks and I did think it was entertaining. I never expect too much of these kind of flicks and I certainly don't try analyze them. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Oh and I loved Parker Posey's character. There's just something that makes that girl hot.

Rocketboy
12-18-2004, 12:13 AM
and don't even get me started on the ridiculous vampire dogs, no seriously, there are vampire dogs in this film. :stupid: Could've been worse - remember the Hulk dogs?