PDA

View Full Version : Code 3 Republic Gunship

SWAFMAN
12-15-2004, 09:30 AM
I know this isn't a Code 3 forum, but for anyone interested, they have some terrific pictures on their site of the new Gunship. It even has figures. You may need to be a member to see the pics.

The biggest problem with the Code 3 ships is creating a display space large enough and nice enough to do justice to the pieces themselves. With all the ones they have slated to come out in 2005, it will take quite a bit of room to set them all up attractively.

matthewilw
12-15-2004, 02:36 PM
I registered on the site and it told me I still couldn't view the pictures because I'm not a memeber of the collectors guild or something. Any chance you could save the pictures to you comp. and post a link???

SWAFMAN
12-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I registered on the site and it told me I still couldn't view the pictures because I'm not a memeber of the collectors guild or something. Any chance you could save the pictures to you comp. and post a link???

I don't think that would be in the spirit (if not the letter) of the SSG forum rules, not to mention Code 3's copyrights. I'm sure a better solution can be worked out.

matthewilw
12-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Sorry, just the though of a Code 3 Gunship excites me. That is one of very few ships I may be willing to spend $200+ on. If you happen to see any photos pop up on another site please let me know.

sicqnus
12-16-2004, 07:40 AM
How would you want to buy something if you haven't seen it before ? :zzz:
Here are the pics.

good shot jansen
05-15-2005, 11:38 AM
did anyone here buy one?

if so i would be very interested in hearing what they had to say about it.

i know i could track down a review of this probably someplace else on the forums, but i am really interested in knowing what a forummer has to say about it.

sometime ago i had posted reviews of the x-wing and falcon, as well as included photos showing that the mm figures were in perfect scale to the falcon.

if anyone here does have one, i would love to know they're take on it, particularly how it relates to mm or af figure scale.

thanx

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:45 PM
i know i could track down a review of this probably someplace else on the forumsActually, I don't think you could, I haven't seen 1 person mention this item in ages, and none of those posts were "look what I got" variety. I fear this Code 3 vehicle fell to the wayside and everybody forgot it existed.

AndyW
05-16-2005, 06:56 AM
I so wish I could afford one of these to review for you GSJ :)

It looks fantastic in the pics, I want and need it :D

dr_evazan22
05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I bought it and think its great! It's probably second to Slave 1. I just wish that it were bigger. I just have mine sitting on the shelf, not even in the display case that came with it... I think the size of the display case would hi-light the size of the gunship.

SWAFMAN
05-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Doc, do you have the X-Wing or Falcon? If so, how does the size of the Gunship compare to either or both of those ships? I know the dimensions are listed on code 3's site, but that doesn't always give you a good feel for the overall piece. You also said you like the Slave 1 better. What are the things that make you like Slave 1? I need to decide which one I'm getting next, so I appreciate your feedback. Also, if you have any others, I'd value your input. Everyone else, too! Thanks.

dr_evazan22
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey SWAFMAN - I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Gunship is the smallest of the bunch so far. Photo's below.

Part of the reason I like Slave 1 better is because of the size. I would imagine that in "real life" S1 and Gunship would be about the same size, but the GS is made about 1/2 the size. S1 is close to the size of the toy. Realize here, though, that it's pretty close to call (of favorite). The S1 has an awesome paint job - layered, weathered.

A reason (I guess) for the difference in size is that the S1 just has some removable panels, whereas the S1 shows Code 3's quality craftsmanship that you also see in their line of emergency vehicles and NASA reproductions. Meaning that the bay doors on either side can be opened or closed, same with rear hatch to allow the speeder bikes easy egress. All of the turrets move - nose, swinging side ball turrets, wing turrets, tail. And of course the removable platform with the figs was cool also. The paint on this is pretty good also. I think they took some time to make sure that all these things were engineered correctly so that they work in your home.

All photo's are unedited from original size
Gunship only (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3303.jpg)

Gunship compared to MR sabers (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3302.jpg)

Gunship / Slave 1 size comparison (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3304.jpg)

Slave 1 by itself (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3005.jpg) I have my Riddell mini helmet in the display case also.

Hope that helps.

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info and pics, I had no idea it was so much smaller than Slave 1. Slave 1 and the Falcon have been the 2 I am most tempted by, with the X-wing always calling to me as well. The gunship looks very nice, but for the price it seems too small.

SWAFMAN
05-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Excellent info and opinions, doc. Slave 1 looks HUGE compared to the gunship, but you say the gunship has some really well designed features. Interesting.... I'm not sure it made my decision easier or tougher, but I know a lot more now than before. Thank you.

sicqnus
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
At first Code 3 said the Gunship should be priced at approx. $200
Then it came and was priced $300+
(...).
Most of their NASA stuff (amazing, look at the Mars Rover) is priced between $65 and $200... I always thought their SW stuff was overpriced. Well worth $150 or even $200 but no way $300+.
Thanks god, there are real cool bargains on Ebay (Falcons for $200, X-wings for $180...).

AndyW
05-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the pics dr evazan22, it really does look great, but like you and others, it does look undersized. Theres a shop here that has all the Code3 stuff so far, except the Gunship, and I was struck by just how massive slave 1 is, its huuuuuuge.

The X-Wing is the one I want though, I've been into this shop and just gawped at it, its simply beautiful. I'd go for the Gunship too, being one of my favourite Prequel craft.

Anyone got any feelings in the force about future releases? Can anyone imagine just how cool a Naboo Royal Cruiser in gleaming chrome would be, or a Jedi Fighter, or a Star Destroyer.

good shot jansen
05-17-2005, 07:50 AM
the code 3 xwing is indeed amazing.

it is by far the best representation of the craft that i have seen. each of the elements are perfectly created. waht's really cool about the xwing, is that the torpedo tubes are presented as tubes, not just painted black lines as it is on just about every other x-wing toy or model out there. and beneath the fusalage you can remove the compartment where the torpedos are stored, and they line up perfectly with the tubes.

i bought the falcon and the x-wing, i think i'll pass on the gunship though. not cause of it's size, in fact, it almost looke perfect in size scale with action fleet figures, which makes it appealing. it's just that it's tough to find the room to display the code 3 ships. and since hasbro never made any aotc af figures, it's easy for me to pass this one up. however, if they do make a royal starship from episode I, that may be too tempting to let pass