PDA

View Full Version : 2007 is time for a New Star Wars Action Figure Archive Book

Tycho
12-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Remember the book we all got in 1988? It had pictures of every Star Wars figure produced since 1978? 10 years of Star Wars!

3 3/4"
12"
Vehicles
Playsets
Beasts
Card and figure variations

Vintage and Modern

Well, of course in 1999 the Prequels threw everything into obsolesence and new Classic figures have come out since 1999 including greats like:

Gonk Droid
Admiral Motti
Darth Vader Dagobah
Leia Bespin Escape
FX-7
Bo Shek
Endor Rebel Soldier
Djas Puhr
Ephant Mon
Han Solo Hoth Gear
Luke Dagobah Handstand
Cloud Car Pilot
Leia Bespin
Elom
Whipid
Rappertune
General Dodonna
Jabba the Hutt
Gold Leader
Feltipern Trevag
Dannik Jerriko
Myo
etc.

In less than 2 months we are going to start getting the Sneak Preview figures from Episode 3, including General Grievous.

The Unleashed Line has done better than anyone would have ever guessed.

The Clone Wars gave us tons more product, including animated figures.

In 2007, after the bulk of everyting Revenge of the Sith is produced, shouldn't we get a brand new hard-bound edition that covers everything the last one did, and more? Steve Sansweet?

It's nice because you can view your whole collection in great, humongous detailed pictures - all from right in your lap with this nice book.

Do you guys want it? 2007 or when?

X13VADER
12-16-2004, 08:40 AM
That Would Be Great,i Would Buy One Again, Maybe This Time Around They Will Have The Right Picture With The Ewoks So When I Buy A Carded On I Will Get The One I Need And Not The One I Have Already.but Yes I Would Buy It When They Are All Done Making Figures So I Can Have A Huge Checklist.

stillakid
12-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah, another book would be great! I'd even cough up dough for multiple volumes with one each dedicated to characters/figures from each movie. While the "line" method of looking at this stuff is okay to some extent (ie, POTF, POTJ, OTC, etc), once these babies come out of their packages, that stuff doesn't matter anymore. I think that a far more valuable and useful method of organizing the lists is to show which characters have been turned into plastic figures.

I know he wouldn't make any money on it, but it would be cool if Sansweet would put up a website detailing all the figures. SSG's catalogue is semi useful but kinda difficult to navigate to keep track of a personal collection. Something simple like a page for all the Luke Skywalkers ever made...ya know? That way, a collector could easily glance at the figures released across all the lines and know instantly whether he had them all or wanted more. As it is now, it takes considerable time and effort to laboriously track down all the versions of a character just to see what has been made. A while ago I started building just such a "list" but it too is time consuming to assemble and is out of date.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
The book was from 1998, and has 20 years of SW, not ten.

For a while, they were continuing this in Insider fairly nicely, but it stopped when LFL got the magazine again. I'd definitely buy a second version of this. I always refer to the old one as it sits right next to the computer.

Kidhuman
12-16-2004, 09:42 PM
I would buy it. It would be the only complete one IMO unless Porgie makes 7-9

DarthQuack
12-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I have the book by Sansweet, I'm sure it's the same one you are referring two, and it is a great book, but yes, of course it is outdated now, but I would buy an updated one in a heartbeat.

DarthQuack
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
bump. I want a new Action Figure guide.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Can they make an e-book one? We have the technology. The $6 Million Guide, by Steve "Austin" Sansweet. I'd download that for a dollar! ;)