PDA

View Full Version : girl lingo...need translation...

Pages : [1] 2

hango fett
12-16-2004, 01:04 PM
hi all! this time i am not talking about asking a girl out like in the girl help thread. i just need to decipher(sp) thier "language" ok...
i asked agirl to prom a few minutes ago and she said "i might. let me get back to you, but i might." is that code for no or yes? i'm lenning to no, but she has plenty of time to think about it since it's not till may.
thanks for help in advance!
MCE
HF

Slicker
12-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Just don't tell her that you have almost 3,000 posts in a Star Wars forum and you should be golden.:D:D;);)

hango fett
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
no kidding! plus, she wouldn't want to see my room for that matter! star wars stuff galor!
MCE
HF

Exhaust Port
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm not a girl and am definately no expert on the matter but my guess is that she has her eye on someone else and doesn't want to commit to going with you until she knows whether or not the other guy will ask her out. Not that this ever happened to me.... ;)

hango fett
12-16-2004, 05:43 PM
thats what i thought untill a few days ago. i found out that the other guy she hangs out with is now dateing her best friends sister. what a tangled web they weave, huh!
MCE
HF

LusiferSam
12-16-2004, 06:33 PM
I'd agree with Exhaust Port, she's holding out for someone else. You might ask one of her good friends what they think of your changes and/or who she's waiting for. If the friend gives you a negative score or tells you off move on. Other wise wait a week or so and try asking again.

Exhaust Port
12-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Heck just ask one of her good friends out. That'll teach her. :)

hango fett
12-16-2004, 08:21 PM
the thing is, i really don't want to make her mad in any way. the reason to this is because when she (her name is Keisha) gets mad, she won't talk to me for a week or two....my friend has a class with her right before we both have a class with her. he said he would find out what the real answer is...but i don't really want him to do that because i don't want her to feel on the spot or pressured into this.
what a day!
MCE
HF

Exhaust Port
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
If you have time before the event I would give her some time before doing a follow up inquiry. No need to rush in as you might scare her off as you said.

Slicker
12-16-2004, 08:27 PM
You should just go stag. Then let the ladies flock to you.

If I were you I wouldn't take my advice because I've been single for a while now. Just a thought though.

JediTricks
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I'd say this is probably a strong lean towards "no" but either trying to spare your feelings (and doing a bad job of it) or is keeping you on hold just in case another date doesn't pan out. If you have any other prospects on your mind, might want to make a move in that direction before it's too late, or at least put out social feelers that suggest this.

JON9000
12-16-2004, 09:32 PM
xp has it exactly right. Actually, my date to my senior prom put me through the same ringer. I brought it on myself, though, b/c I knew she had broken up with her boyfriend a couple of days before. Regardless, I got the date and had a pretty good time....

but enough about me... I think you would be completely within your bounds by asking her to decide by a particular day, because you don't want to be left high and dry.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Yeah, if you have any other prospects, definately start thinking about them. If she's giving you the "uhhhh maybe" thing she's putting you on the back burner in case her first choice burns out. Give it a few days, see what's going down and then go on with another girl. Besides, if she's one who gets pouty and won't talk to you for weeks, that's pretty immature and childish. :D

InsaneJediGirl
12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah,I'm with everyone else saying she has someone on the side.You'll need to get an answer before you end up with no lady and your stag.Then again,you could just work the crowd and let the ladies flock?

:crazed:

hango fett
12-17-2004, 05:22 AM
the only thing is, keisha is a sophmore and i'm a senoir...which means i am the only one she could actually go with because she is 1 grade away from going on her own. i think that gives me some kind of advantage. and i don't see her around any guys in my grade or any of the juniors...or, maybe she wants her friend to have a date too...which means my friend could go with her friend...oh, and i already told her we would go as just friends...nothing more...
MCE
HF

Exhaust Port
12-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Well women are a strange beast so just because you don't see her hanging out with others or expressing interest in someone doesn't mean it isn't happening. Don't assume anything. Give her some time then ask again and I would make sure to get a definate yes or no answer.

hango fett
12-17-2004, 08:11 AM
yeah. i hope she says yes, though...i really like her
MCE
HF

kool-aid killer
12-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I think she is weighing her options right now, you or someone else. If i were you i wouldnt be too worried, there is plenty of time to meet other girls before prom arrives. But if you feel she is stringing you out, feel free to ask another girl. Seeing how you kind of did it (as in asking if she would go with you) a little early, i would definitely keep other options in mind, relationships can take drastic changes real quick. Or you can take the ol KAK route, have two girls lined up to go with and end up having to drop one. PLAYA! :crazed:

hango fett
12-17-2004, 02:04 PM
i'm not too much of a playa, but i do talk to other girls and goof off around them. oh, and my friend said that she said(say that again 5x fast!) that i should get my hair cut. she doesn't like curly hair and mine is quite curly at the moment. should i do this to please her or say screw it and leave it go?
oh, and i won't most likely see her untill January 3rd now. x-mas break started today!
MCE
HF

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 02:30 PM
If you like your hair the way it is, then leave it. Dont cut it for someone else. If they dont like you for who you are, and what you look like, then they arent worth having around. Its better to be hated for who you are, than liked for someone who are not. Words of wisdom my young apprentice. :D The :beard: has spoken(well typed) :crazed:

hango fett
12-17-2004, 03:18 PM
actually, i don't like my hair when it gets curly...i just would like it if it was long...i'll probably cut it after i get back in school in january..
MCE
HF

Slicker
12-17-2004, 06:25 PM
How can you not like curly hair? Look at the success that it brought Kirk Cameron, Kotter from "Welcome Back Kotter", Ron Jeremy, and Will Farrell.

hango fett
12-17-2004, 08:28 PM
it just doesn't look good on me. thats all. oh, and another thing i think i should watch out for in this whole situation is this........Keisha's best friend Abby (i worked with both of them last summer at our towns dairy bar) hates me and i hate her just as much. the thing that worries me is that i can tell that Keisha listens to her. and that is not good. because Abby will corrupt her feelings bout me in an instant. i know this because she lied when i said something about Keisha to her. i know this is off track, but it is good backgorund info for you guys to consider when giving advice

here is what she lied about....i had to clean some stuff up when both me and Keisha were working the night shift. i decided to sweep the floors while she cleaned the ice cream machine and filled all the candies that needed to be filled. i got done pretty fast because it was a slow night so i asked Keisha if she needed help with anything. she said she was done so we started to walk towards our homes.

i thought everything was going good because we had fun the night before, but when i went into work the next morning, my boss, Martha, came up to me and said a lot of stuff wasn't filled. i told her that Keisha said she was done so we left. and then, when Abby came in to work a few minutes later, i made the mistake of talking to her about it. here were my exact words "Keisha said she had everything done so we left. then i came in the today and got yelled at." and later when Abby had a chance to talk to Keisha, she told her i was blameing her for the reason i was yelled at, which in part was true, but i didn't blantently say it was her fault.

sorry to bore everyone with all of that...i just needed to get that out there for you guys to "decipher" and such. but Keisha has pretty much forgotten all that, but i know Abby and she is a cinaiving(sp?) little snake in the grass.
my longest post ever! yaay!
MCE
HF

InsaneJediGirl
12-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Watch out for the friend.That will be your biggest obstacle,especially if they are best friends.Of course Abby will most likely bring it back up to her if Keisha mentions something about you.And then try to convice Keisha that you're a bad guy.

At this point,you should be cruising for a second lady.Its obvious Keisha is looking for someone else,otherwise she would have said something by now. :crazed:

hango fett
12-18-2004, 06:59 PM
yeah, but she is one of the few girls at school that i can stand to be around...even if she is a bit ditzy!

also, i am not 100% sure that Keisha and Abby are best friends. they have had they're share of fights just since this past summer! i know because i was like the guy in the middle and didn't really want to take sides but i took Keisha's side. i think that might be why Abby is still not the most friendly person around me. because she knows i like Keisha more than her. and she is the most jealous girl i have ever met in my life. if you are her friend, you can't be anybody elses friend or she goes postal.
MCE
HF

Tonysmo
12-19-2004, 04:01 AM
brutal honesty time.. and I swear I dont mean to be mean but..

Hango. Your flaky at best. I understand your still somewhat young. but still. Your a senior in high school? I know everyone isnt awesome with the ladies.. but come on dude. We gave you over 5 pages of the most awesome support to ask a girl out. did you ever ask that girl out? no. What makes you think this time will be different? We give you the same advice.. so you can ignore it and go hide under some rock. Ball up dude. seriously. again, I really had to think about posting this. I dont want to hurt your feelings, and I dont want others on this board to think Im an a**. but I just had to let you know what I think. Ive seen your picture. your not ugly. and you seem smart. drop the pansy stuff, grow some balls and ask this chick to the prom again. This time make sure you get something better than "maybe"

she "maybe" not worth your time.

sorry dude. no more advice until YOU start taking action. :frus:

hango fett
12-19-2004, 07:37 AM
i did ask that last girl out. she said no. now she is pregnant. (not by me of course. she is into older guys...) this time is totally diffrent. because i know this girrl alot better than the last one. i worked with her for the summer. i know how she thinks. and it's kind of hard to ask her again right now seeing that school is out till january 3rd. and i don't know her number. i have yet to ignore anyones advice this time around, sir. if we had school today, i would ask her again and demand a straight answer. and that answer would probably be no. because she doesn't like to be asked questions all the time and i can tell when she gets uneasy, then she gets wierd when she's sirius. she tries to change the subject real quick. but i did get the question in. which is a miricale for me.
HF

kool-aid killer
12-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Tony, i dont think your an arse, maybe your post will be the one that gives him the kick in the pants he needs.

Hango, i cant stress enough how you need to keep other options available. It would be a pity to put all your eggs in one basket, only to have it not pan out. Dont assume that the two girls arent best of friends, I wouldnt be suprised if they fight one day, only to turn around and be all buddy-buddy the next day. I would advise you not to speak about her (Abby) to Keisha because you dont know whether your words will be passed on or not and what consequences they may bring. You potentially badmouthing her friend could damage your relationship. Speaking of your relationship, do you have any aspirations to make this your girlfriend, or are you just looking to remain friends? Either way, i think you should try to meet up with her outside of school or work. Try to develop something (and yes, you do need her phone number in order to do so,) it may improve your chances of getting that prom date you want.

hango fett
12-19-2004, 01:20 PM
belive me, they do that thing when they fight one day then are good friends the next too much if you ask me. i never talk to Keisha about Abby. only if she brings it up, and even then i don't say much. i, my self, have not actually asked Keisha to go out with me, but my best friend (Richard) and i called her up one night last summer when we were camping outside his house. she said that i wasn't "boyfriend material." but she also said i was a nice guy...which i get way too much out of girls...anyways, Richard asked her waht she thought of me as of now and this time she said "i really just want to be friends." so it has changed, but not by much, my status, that is. i would like to go out with her, but if we are just good friends, thats ok with me. and no, prom is not some excuse to score with her, i just want to do something with her without having to tell her how to do a math problem...
oh, and i actually do have her number....i checked my cell phone and there it was!
MCE
Tony/HF

InsaneJediGirl
12-19-2004, 06:09 PM
anyways, Richard asked her waht she thought of me as of now and this time she said "i really just want to be friends."

I would take this as a serious sign shes not into you.Hate to say it,but I dont think your going to get anything past one date with this girl.I doubt the prom would be it as well because most girls take it "seriously" and have to be seen with a certain someone. (At least in my observations)

I would call and get an answer before its too late and your headed out stag.

hango fett
12-19-2004, 07:22 PM
when i asked her to prom, i said just as friends, so the whole goin out thing is probably shot. oh well..as long as i get to talk to her everyday at school and just be around her, i will be fine.
HF

Tonysmo
12-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Hango. My apologies. .. and please, dont call me sir. Id like to think of us all as equals.

I guess I just wish there was a way to boost your confidence. you see. its pretty much the key to life dude.

with it, you can pretty much accomplish damn near anything.

Think of a few of these guys on this board. They didnt get to where they are today by not oozing with confidence.

again, Im sorry for being so rude.

remember your training young padwan.

Kidhuman
12-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Think of a few of these guys on this board. They didnt get to where they are today by not oozing with confidence.

Just to expand a little on this topic....

Think of anyone in life, famous singers, actors, athletes, etc. They didnt get where they are with out oozing confidence and arrogance.

Tonysmo is right(and I am gfonna be sick for admitting that), what is the worst that happens if she says no....you end up where you are now. You can only better yourself by asking. The :beard: has spoken

WHere is Mabs, the Mad Canadian with his advice anyways?

hango fett
12-20-2004, 08:30 AM
i will ask her again when we get back into school. i just hope she says yes...or i probably won't go to the prom. i didn't go last year...i worked....
MCE
HF

Slicker
12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
That's why I haven't tried to offer more nuggets of wisdom. I never went to my prom because I was working. I could've taken it off but to me prom was an overrated act to try and see who could spend the most money on a tux and limo. Whatever. While they were out spending hundreds of dollars I was making money.

hango fett
12-20-2004, 12:03 PM
amen, slicker. that was exactly how i felt last year. but this year, i just want to do something social...i have yet to go to a dance. ever.
HF

Slicker
12-20-2004, 12:18 PM
I'll be honest with you. I wish now that I had gone to my senior prom even if I wouldn't have been able to find a date. Even if she won't go with you I would still go. It allows you to leave your options open.

hango fett
12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
true, but the only thing that doesn't fit about her not going with me is that if she doesn't go with me, she can't go. because she is a sophmore. and the guy she liked is taken....
i guess i'll deal with all this next year...january 3rd..
MCE
HF

Mandalorian Candidat
12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Man, reading through this thread makes me soooo glad I'm out of high school and all that social crap that goes with it.

Hango dude, no offense to you, but just drop this girl. From your own description she sounds like a major flake, even for a 14-15 year old. Even if she is the hottest piece of A on the planet, if she isn't into you (which she sounds like she isn't cause you keep saying she gets ****ed off at you at the drop of a hat) find someone who is and go with that. I don't know how much the average prom costs now (with the limo, tix, the tux, flowers, pix, whatever else) but I bet it isn't cheap. Why spend that kind of coin on someone just lukewarm?

You sound kind of like how I was in high school: a nice guy who maybe bent over backward for the ladies and they ended up treating you like chopped liver. You should do like Tonysmo said and show the confidence. Act like you're doing her the favor by taking her out (without acting all cocky), yet give her the feeling that if she says no it's no skin off your nose.

Well, whatever happens, good luck to ya.

hango fett
12-20-2004, 05:05 PM
i can't just drop Keisha. i like her too much to just let my feelings for her fly away. she is the only real reason i have perfect attendance at school this year, too!
MCE
HF

Kidhuman
12-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Hango, get a few friends, a few bottles(of Gatorade, you're underage) and have a good time. Proms are stuck up and borish. I never went ot mine, as i hung out with my friends instead.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2004, 10:06 PM
i can't just drop Keisha. i like her too much to just let my feelings for her fly away. she is the only real reason i have perfect attendance at school this year, too!
MCE
HF

That's adorable...in a "somebody hold my hair behind my head as i'm going to vomit profusely into a metal bucket as that is just oozing with sweetness that my stomach cannot bare." Man, i wonder if those chicago hot dogs are going to look the same coming back up? :crazed:

Ask somebody else Hango. Any woman who is that easily persuaded by her "friends" over her own thoughts isn't really worth it. Granted, she could be totally cool and maybe she is, but when she is worried about what her friends think over her own feelings, there are issues.

and sorry to hear that one girl is pregnant. Not sorry for her, but she sounds easy and maybe you could've gotten some action! :D

Our young Hango. they grow up so fast.... :p

Tonysmo
12-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Your ol man still the math teacher? Thats why you have perfect attendence. ;)

wave your hand around like a Jedi.

You will go to the prom with me. ** waves hand ***

You will not make me pay for everything **waves hand ***

You will jam your tounge down my throat during every slow song we dance to ** waves hand **

try it. Jedi. :crazed:

hango fett
12-21-2004, 07:38 AM
it's not that she is easily persuaded, it's just that Abby is extremly presuasive. just the look in her eyes makes you want to run away. but i know the truth about any guy would like her (i bet she does too bevause she flaunts it big time) and that would be her bra size.
i'll just leave it at that.....
my dad is the Chemistry/Physics teacher. he switches every year. and i have yet to actually be sick, as well. besides haveing high blood pressure, which i have no clue why it is high, but it is coming back down! yaay!
MCE
HF

kool-aid killer
12-21-2004, 09:48 AM
i can't just drop Keisha. i like her too much to just let my feelings for her fly away.

Owww, youre setting yourself up for disappointment with that statement there. I dont think we mean you should never talk to her again, just consider finding someone else who is more reliable. Going by the reasoning you gave us about why every guy would like her, i wouldnt be content to sit back and think that in a couple of months shes going to agree to go with you. You really dont know how many other upperclassmen may be interested, so i wouldnt count you being an upperclassman (and therefore her lone ticket to the dance) as a positive for you. Dont fall for these types of chicks. If she has said that youre not boyfriend material, look somewhere else. Something (experience actually) tells me that this girl is going to hurt you more than help you.

Kidhuman
12-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Dont let them fly away, let them subside. You can always admire from a distance. Be her friend. Remember the cheesy 80's love stories? The geeky friend always got Molly Ringwald.........LMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Exhaust Port
12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Also it's been my experience that if they are attractive in high school that they won't be later in life. Women get one chance to blossom in life and the earlier in life it hits the shorter it lasts. The key is to find that girl who is cute but not "hot", perhaps even a bit dumpy. I will bet my bottom dollar that guys will be drooling over her in a few years when she's in her 20's. :)

High school girls aren't worth it, wait until you are in your 20's and then the real fun begins. :D A few still have the same high school issues but for the most part they are more reasonable.

hango fett
12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
actually, Abby is the one with the large bra size, not Keisha. but that is another story entierly...
it's funny, i used to hang around with all the girls when i was elementary school...my best friends were 5 girls! if i only knew then what i know now....and if i hadn't thought girls had cooties back then....but those were the days!
HF

kool-aid killer
12-21-2004, 10:01 AM
My bad, got the names confused.

hango fett
12-21-2004, 10:32 AM
it's ok. i should have said Abby before i talked about the rest of that. i forgot to mention that Keisha was in a car wreck on the 2nd of december. one of my idiot friends was going to greenville with with Keisha and 4 other guys. Scotty, my friend, told me he was going to Wal-Mart after school. i wanted to go, but since Keisha was going, there was no room. the really bad parts(s) was this; as soon as Keisha told me she was going with Scotty to greenville, i had a extremly bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. no it wasn't just an upset stomach, ti was like someone had punched me there.

then, when my parents got home, i wanted to go to greenville and eat. i was driving when i saw the ambulances. then i saw Scotty's car on it's side. i couldn't move. i just was frozen there.......staring at it...i later found out he ran a stop sign and flipped the car 6 times...
that whole night was bad for me. worrying about my friends. especially Keisha. but i leanred through the grapevine of our groceriy store that everyone was alright. but i still felt like it was my fault Keisha was in the wreck. i still think it is. because, what if i had said something to her and she would not have went? would she have believed me? those kinds of questions still race through my head every night before i go to sleep. so i guess i feel i owe her in some way.
plus, last thursday she said there was something wrong with her bloodwork they took after the accident. now i have that to worry about...so me and her have been through rough times lately.
thanks for listening..
MCE
HF

mabudonicus
12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Here is your Mad Canadian, KH

About the only thing I can do here is second the few really salient points made
1) man, I too am SOOO glad highschool is over
2) Can't recall who said it, but many women really do "blossom" in their 20's, and not really so much in any one attribute- one girl who was IMO kinda plain and homely when I was in HS appraoched me when I was maybe 21- she was super hot and I didn't even recognize her and was thinking "Man, who is this FINE girl??" And when I realized it I could have kicked myself- she was all about the Mabuman back in the day and I was aiming for a girl who I though was "hot", who I've seen fairly recently and must admit, I was WAY off on that :beard:

And finally
3) the geeky friend gets Molly Ringwald(LMAO,KH), so either way you're golden
the second-in-command of the :beard: has now spoken too

Exhaust Port
12-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I was the "blossom" quote and I too saw the same thing happen. At both the 5 and 10 year reunion there were a few women that we had to ask others who they were as we didn't even recognize them. All the attractive girls from high school were fat and obnoxious. I can't wait for the 15 year reunion now. :)

hango fett
12-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Keisha is kind of hot but not super hot. she is in the middle, where i like girls to be. pretty, but not beautiful. smart, but somewhat annoying.(for some reason i canlook through Keisha's annoyingness more than most). i also just noticed that my mom has about the same amount of common sense she does! which is scary....i have to explain everything to both of them!
only time will tell...
HF

hango fett
12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
oh, yeah. i just thought i should mention that i had a dream about Abby last night...her and Hillary Duff were sitting down against a white brick building. and everytime they moved their heads, they looked identical! which is wierd because i have always thought that the 2 looked alike. just imagine Hillary Duff with more acne and a bigger cup size and a diffrent voice and you have Abby.
also, would it be bad to ask Abby out if Keisha says no?
i can feel the dark side growing in me.....it feels good! i love being meniacle!(if that is a word..)
HF

Slicker
12-21-2004, 08:09 PM
No that wouldn't be a bad idea. If you don't want to talk to Keisha for the rest of your life I'd go for it. But from the looks of this thread you don't have much love for Abby and you really like Keisha.

But on the other hand a man's gotta do what man's gotta do.

I hope I'm not the only one but whenever I see Keisha's name all that I can of is Rudy from The Cosby Show.

hango fett
12-21-2004, 08:25 PM
which is rudy? i have not seen the cosby show in years.

i did like Abby at the beggining of the summer, but then i realized her true nature...it rimes with itchy...
there was a funny incident at work last summer when i invited her and Keisha to my house to just hang out(they both magicaly had something to do..) and it was a few days later. i came in the back door and was warshing my hands when i heard her talking(Abby). so i just lean on the big stanless steel countertop in the back and listen. Abby then says that she thought i was going to ask her on a date! haha! and a few seconds later, Keisha walks in from the front(her, Abby, and my boss's daughter, Tab were working...) and she sees me and comes over and wispers in my ear "did you hear what Abby said?" i said yes and she busts out laughing! then Abby comes back and asks "did you hear what i said a second ago?" i said no! the look in her eyes was like a deer caught in the headlights!
hope someone enjoy my tale...
HF

Slicker
12-21-2004, 08:31 PM
The girl that played Rudy was named Keisha Knight Pulliam. That's the only Keisha I've ever heard of. Rudy was the little girl on the show. The original little girl on the show none of this annoying Olivia crap.

hango fett
12-21-2004, 08:54 PM
ok. i just caught the beggining of an episode and saw rudy. it's wierd though...Keisha's name is grammaticly incorrect. should be Kiesha. but she spells it Keisha....
sorry...bit of english 12 rubbing off in here..
HF
edit in: last night i had another wierd dream about Abby. we were at school, in the library and we kissed! then she thought i was bad at it! after that i told her not to tell anyone what we just did...and Keisha came up to me and started saying "what did you want to ask me?" in a very hyper voice....i guess now you guys can decipher my dreams :rolleyes:

Tycho
12-23-2004, 01:33 AM
OK, enough from all you amateurs. Tycho is here with Darth Mouse to give the kid some real practical and useful advice:

When white elephant jumps through window and breaks fence, lick it.

If pottery made of terpentine won't hold food coloring, don't eat it.

Use band-aids, but not on airplanes.

Playing with horsehoes might cause it to rain if your turtle has escaped.

Freezing asprin may change tomorrow if a rabbit takes your newspaper.

Now take these words to live by and go life your life!

hango fett
12-23-2004, 07:26 AM
ok....none of that has anything to do with my problem, but who am i....just some kid.
HF

Tycho
12-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Whoops. Hango Fett, I hoped you'd read my post and laugh. Sometimes you have to look at the larger world and laugh at how simple it is, and how complicated we make it.

If nothing else, my sage advice could be considered applicable, and become a great exercise in creative writing to explain it.

I meant no insult or injury and do not think of you as "just some kid." Internet's hard to get someone's meaning sometime.

Good luck with the girl. But she's not "the only one" for you. Life will be full of ones you want - when you're alone AND when you have her, or someone else. The one you want becomes less desirable when you have her. Finding someone you can work with is a trick. With me and my present girlfriend, it always amazes me how some little thing, just one thing in a few days or even a week, will remind me that I'm lucky to be with her and convince me to hang on to her for just another week.

Meanwhile, I'll explain: "Freezing asprin may change tomorrow if a rabbit takes your newspaper."

Asprin relieves head pressure, but it also makes you complacent to mute pain instead of fight an illness and get it over with - as many people take asprin as opposed to seeing a doctor even when a problem persists.

While asprin seems like a cure for today, you won't be able to keep up with tomorrow (represented by the news as the world turns, and moves on ahead of you) because change comes like tomorrow will - as fast as a rabbit.

So you need to take charge of your life and fight the fight today, because "Freezing asprin may change tomorrow if a rabbit takes your newspaper."

hango fett
12-23-2004, 12:40 PM
it's ok tycho. i was in a bad mood after shuveling 20'' of snow...
nice quote too....makes senes now!
HF

Tycho
12-23-2004, 03:13 PM
So can you guys explain what the other sage advice pieces mean, while we're on the subject of helping people?

hango fett
12-29-2004, 06:37 AM
i don't think anyone else gets the others, Tycho....oh well. thanks for trying to help!
HF

hango fett
01-03-2005, 01:12 PM
big news. she is going to prom with me! she said yes today! yippee!!
HF

Tycho
01-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Let me be the first to say congratulations!!!

I'm sure it will all work out great!

Man who takes big ball makes sure wind doesn't blow through cotton.

Slicker
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
That's outstanding!!! Good job and don't forget which side the salad fork is on because I have no f-ing clue.

kool-aid killer
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Congrats Hango.

hango fett
01-03-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks guys! now i just have to worry about a tux, limo, danceing, kissing, and mainly looking good. i have danced before, but it was back in 2001. hope i can still remeber how to!
once again, thanks to all of you....even tonysmo!
HF

Slicker
01-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Hell, if you're white you have enough of an excuse to not be able to dance. You should have seen me busting the most white boy moves on New Years Eve. Actually, scratch that you're lucky you didn't see me.

hango fett
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
heehee! sounds like fun for you! i'm also worried about her parents...i know her dad a little and the same with her mom...but most of the times i saw them it was when me and Keisha weren't getting along too well at the time. and everyone says that Keisha acts like her mom.....i hope that is a good thing...
HF

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
big news. she is going to prom with me! she said yes today! yippee!!
HF

YEAH HANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, whatever you do, do not watch the KOTH epsidoe where Bobby took the fake head and practiced kissing. Thats a no-no. Dont sweat the Tux, you will get one. The Limo, get a group of friends to chip in for one. Everything else, just hit up Mom and Dad.

hango fett
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah. we already have plans for the limo, me and Richard(my best friend) do. the other thing that i might have messed up on was that i didn't talk to Keisha about prom today in class. i was still in shock, i suppose. but we did have a quiz in class today and couldn't talk much anyhow. i will most assuredly talk to her tomorrow about it.
HF

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Hango, please dont overkill it. I know you are excited but play it cool and calm.

Tycho
01-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Yup. Do play it cool and calm.

See how hard it is trying to relate to girls?

The rest of my response was way too socio-political and involves a tongue-in-cheek illustration of how everyone here in this thread turns homosexual or biggoted within the next few years of Hango's life.

You can read it here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=365171#post365171

It is not meant to pick on anyone, but is tongue and cheek to the forum members, but illustrates what I actually think happens with real people (some of the time).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2005, 10:49 PM
thanks guys! now i just have to worry about a tux, limo, danceing, kissing, and mainly looking good. i have danced before, but it was back in 2001. hope i can still remeber how to!
once again, thanks to all of you....even tonysmo!
HF

Woah woah there, Mr. Hefner. Worry about HAVING A GOOD TIME, most of all. Don't worry about "kissing" though as if you go in and seem too aggressive, she's going to think you're a date rapist and scamper off. So, sit back, take a shot of......water and play it cool, hotshot. As for dancing, I can't dance until i get a 12 pack in me, but you're underage, so maybe a 2 liter of Mountain Dew? Anybody else got any suggestions? :D

Slicker
01-03-2005, 10:56 PM
The only advice I can give for dancing is don't just stand around. Keep the feet and hips moving and I find it easier if I have a drink in my hand. Actually just the bottle or cup because it keeps at least one of my hands occupied and just keep the other going.

Tonysmo
01-04-2005, 12:22 AM
... even Tonysmo..

WOOT!!!

I GET KUDOS!!

congrats bro. make us proud.

I had a **great** time in my limo.. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: ;)

dont do anything rash - patience. relax..

Im not sure if you've ever heard of the 5 point plan.. I would assume some here know of this plan..

Men have died trying to obtain this information.

First of all, never let on to how much you like a girl.

Two, always call the shots

Three, act like wherever you are. Thats the place to be.

Four, when ordering food, find out what she wants an order for the both of you. Its a classy move..

Five. And this is most important. When you get down to making out,
whenever possible, put on the first side of Led Zeppelin IV

bonus to who ever figures out where that came from.

Tycho
01-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

A classic.

As well as this bit of advice from the film: always lock the bathroom door.

Tonysmo
01-04-2005, 04:30 AM
GAH!!

Doesnt anyone know how to knock around here!??!

yes.. a classic indeed. something that might need to be watched before the big date even.. :D

hango fett
01-04-2005, 10:08 AM
don't get too engrossed with bad talk, because thats how my last topic got closed!
i know i won't get carried away....i just found it awkward yesterday....thats all..
HF

Slicker
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Another dancing tip. Bust a move like the Fuhrer!!!

hango fett
01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
that was pretty funny, sliker! oh, and i did talk to her today...i made sure Richard wasn't lying when he told me she said yes. but now, whenever we look at each other, she looks at me all stary eyed and has a goofy smile on her face....what does this mean????
???
HF

Exhaust Port
01-04-2005, 09:47 PM
She has gas so stand clear.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
What EP said. That or she's been rocking the gange before class and is imagining that you're holding a bag of Fritos.

Kidhuman
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
It means she likes ya. And please lets not get this one shut down. I Hango, play it smooth. Dance like Napolean

hango fett
01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
i don't think she had gas....would have smeled it...
i knew she liked me, but i think it's more now that i will be taking her to prom. i think we will talk about what her dress color will be so i can figure out a tux that matches it. personally, i have always wanted an orange tux like harry wore in dumb and dumber. that rocks!
HF

Exhaust Port
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
All women have gas, don't believe anything different.

Kidhuman
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Keep it on point please. No need for off topic discussions.

hango fett
01-05-2005, 01:03 PM
yeah....please do because i will probably need help closer to the prom.
i said hi to Keisha today in the hall and she had another big smile on her face...with her starry eyes...it just seems wierd for her to all of a sudden act "affectionet" to me...i think i am being paranoid though..
HF

Kidhuman
01-05-2005, 07:45 PM
No its not paranoia, its like. Dont be weirded out by it. Accept it and flaunt it. BUt not too much. Be proud of it.

hango fett
01-05-2005, 07:50 PM
oh i am very proud of it. it just hasn't really sunk in yet that she likes me even more and that we are going to prom together...it will really sink in come march and april...when all the planning and looking for tuxes/dresses and a limo and a place to eat happens. (i would prefer applebees.)
one last question. since we are going as "friends" as of now, would it be too much to expected a kiss?
HF

Kidhuman
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Stop thinking ahead. Let things ride its course. If she likes you you will notice. Hang out with her, get to be alone and just talk. Look for body language. If she is looking at you, and as soon as you look back, she looks away sort of things. Learn to trust your insides. But dont become overbearing and all. Just be yourself. Remember, if she likes you for who you are, then dont be someone else.

hango fett
01-05-2005, 08:26 PM
good advice. i will keep it in mind. she does often look at me and when i look at her she looks away.
i have always been one to think ahead alot. i don't know why, but i just do.
good night all..
HF

Tycho
01-06-2005, 12:06 AM
When you catch her looking at you, say or mouth "hi" to her.

If she looks away, say "Hi Keisha" so she can't deny you were saying hello to her.

If you're in class and you have to whisper, risk getting in trouble over just that once or twice. Don't have a conversation though.

Just be warm and smile.

It's called flirting. It's worked for me.

hango fett
01-06-2005, 04:20 AM
if that is flirting, i do it all the time to her. i risk getting in trouble to say stuff to her too. but we usually say we are talking about math so we avoid any big trouble. i can't wait for my work to open back up in late february/early march so we can really have time to talk. plus i save her but at work and school on a daily basis as she does stupid things from time to time and i show her what she did wrong. she then laughs and i say "again, i save your butt." she then says thanks.
HF

hango fett
01-06-2005, 02:40 PM
well guys, today there was no school due to flooding. but i did almost go to her house. my friend(ralph) lives 2 doors down from her. if only i could have known if she was home....but, tomorrow is another day!
also, Ralph agrees with me that she is noticeably more affectionate to me. plus, people say that we are going out all the time when we are both together and it doesn't seem to bother her at all...
HF

Slicker
01-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh, man. Unexpected school days off were awesome when I was in school (damn, that was 5 years ago now) especially snow days. Forget about the girl enjoy the days off when you get em they're few and far between when you get older.

CaptainSolo1138
01-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh, man. Unexpected school days off were awesome when I was in school (damn, that was 5 years ago now) especially snow days.
Speaking of which the Township and and all city Catholic schools were closed today, but public schools were open. Go figure....
(YEAH!! High speed internet again!!!)

hango fett
01-07-2005, 04:54 AM
i didn't think about her as much as i usually do. i was playing PS2 and riding my bike through flood waters.
HF

hango fett
01-07-2005, 01:59 PM
sorry to double post..
anyways, today, i mentioed to Keisha that i was getting my hair cut tomorrow. she was very pleased with this and gave me a big smile. i was glad she smiled because she seemed to be having a bad day and i wanted to cheer her up a bit. yes, i am very good at the nice guy routine...
HF

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Since when does getting the fro trimmed constitute was "the nice guy routine?" This is news to me. always thought it meant just doing good things. If getting the fro trimmed counts as that, i just got my haircut last week after nearly 8 months of letting it grow. I'm freakin Superman. :D

Exhaust Port
01-07-2005, 03:47 PM
You ARE Superman!!! Holy Cow!!! I just make sure to wash my armpits which makes me nothing more than a sidekick. ;)

hango fett
01-07-2005, 05:10 PM
eh...i need it cut anyway....too bushy...
Edit: actually, Keisha jokeingly offered to cut it for me. only now do i remeber that her sister really does cut hair. but i think she meant her cutting it. i don't know if i can trust her with scissors around my ears yet or not...
:D
HF

hango fett
01-08-2005, 12:53 PM
well, my hair is cut. i can actually hear the wind go by my ears when i walk! much more manageable now. plus, i fell about 5 pounds lighter! wee hee
HF

kool-aid killer
01-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, if you had let her cut it you would have some material to talk about later. Imagine you two sharing a laugh over the horrendous job she had done. It would have been a great way to get in some more bonding experience. And if she did do a poor job, you could just shave your head, your hair would grow back by the time the big day arrived anyways.

hango fett
01-08-2005, 01:34 PM
i would never shave my head bald. my dad is bald and that is the last thing i want to be. i did think about calling her up and asking her to come down to my house or i come over to her house and let her see my hair and see how she likes it. plus, if she were to come to my house, we could look for prom dresses on the internet. i just can't let her see all of this.....
HF

kool-aid killer
01-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Whoa, you really need to calm down about this whole prom deal Hango. You dont want to keep bringing up prom around her, im worried that youre going to bore her to death just trying to make it the perfect night. Unless she specifically asks for your help, dont assist her in finding a dress. Let her choose it, remember, prom has to be enjoyable for her too. Whats wrong with "all of this?" Youre not ashamed of your fellow nerds now, are you? ;) And whats wrong with a shaved head? Mines shaved (not bald though) and i dont think i look bad.

hango fett
01-08-2005, 02:00 PM
ok. i will calm down about prom. but i have yet to say anything to her about prom.
i'm not ashamed of you guys, it would just probably be a huge turn off for her to see 11 pages talking about her.
my head is shaped wierd. i get made fun of enough at school anyways. that would just be another element of tourture.
HF

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 08:44 PM
If you shaved your head, you could tell them your starting a Bo-Staff gang. :D :beard\; ANd I shave my head bald!!!!!! Aint nothing wrong with sport the clean dome.

hango fett
01-08-2005, 08:56 PM
yeah, but i really don't want to look like my dad. i already do according to most people, except that i have a thick head of hair on my head. thank goodness. plus, you get the bald gene from your mom's side, and my grandpa is 70 something and still has all his hair.
HF

Tonysmo
01-09-2005, 12:55 AM
.. you never know ya know.. thats a toss up..

finding out someone has discussed you over 11 pages.. could be considered flattery.. yet, in some countries its considered stalking.. lol.

That is one to ponder though. Any non Star Wars females out there care to comment? **snickers**

hango fett
01-09-2005, 04:49 AM
god...i'd get shot if she saw all this! she would take it the wrong way and she would then kick me where it counts.
HF

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2005, 10:29 AM
I dunno if she'd be that mad, Hango. I mean, sure, it is a SW fan site and we have certain stereotypes with that, but in a way, it'd almost be kinda flattering. I mean, it would prove that you got immense emotions for her and that in your good hearted ways, you just wanted advice on how to woo her over. It's almost like the plot of a teen movie....probably staring Freddie Prince, Jr and (insert name of random teen actress). Plus, if she kicks ya, that just shows MASSIVE mental problems and should be dropped. ;)

hango fett
01-09-2005, 10:42 AM
well, it's kind of hard to tell how she would take this. in that sense, i really don't know much about that part of her. see, i know alot about her in the sense of when she is happy, how fast she can get mad, when she is jokeing, that sort of thing. but i do know that women are the most complex organism in the galaxy, in my opinion. they change so randomly and often that there is no rhyem or reason to it. or logic for that matter.
HF

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 10:58 AM
OK I didn't read all of the 1st 12 pages, but why would anyone want to be with someone that gets so bad so quick about stupid things? I realize everything that happens in High School is a big deal, but you will look back on this and shack your head and wonder why you were wasting your time. Besides you are graduating and are moving towards bigger and better things.

hango fett
01-09-2005, 11:01 AM
she doesn't get mad that fast. i try to comfort(sp?) her when she does get mad, though. but she rarely gets mad at me unless i say something smart to her. the truth is that i can't really explain why i like her so much...i just..do.
HF

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Well if she's going to the prom with you, then I think you could relax about getting a kiss. You two will probably be kissing before the prom and after the prom you will be doing something else. Good luck and bring some protection on prom night.

hango fett
01-09-2005, 11:34 AM
no. we promised it was just as friends. none of that.
HF

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 11:52 AM
What? You have to be kidding. You need to find another date. LOL. Well if that's what you want, then that's cool.

Exhaust Port
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Friends kiss right?

hango fett
01-09-2005, 12:08 PM
i suppose. who knows. we may change the circumstances between now and prom. we may even be dateing by then. as long as i get to slow dancve with her, i will be happy.
HF

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Man, either things have changed since I went to my prom (94) or you are just taking it way to slow.:p Get you some!!

hango fett
01-09-2005, 12:27 PM
i'm not that kind of person. i don't want to do that till i get married.
HF

Exhaust Port
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
"some" doesn't necessarily mean that.

Lord Malakite
01-09-2005, 12:59 PM
You tell him hango. In fact lets not cross into that subject again, kid friendly site after all. If anyone is going to get anything around here, it'll be me getting some Taco Bell. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, try to watch it with this latest part of the discussion. stay on topic or this could get shut down by the man. :D

hango fett
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
yeah. thats the last thing i want. for this post to have the same fate as the girl help thread.
HF

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Kids these days.;) There's no way I could have waited for that. There's things to learn and know about a person way before getting married.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
i suppose. who knows. we may change the circumstances between now and prom. we may even be dateing by then. as long as i get to slow dancve with her, i will be happy.
HF
Just make it sure it doesn't go like it did on Freaks & Geeks - once they get around to slow dancing, the song suddenly got faster. :rolleyes: :D

hango fett
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
that would suck...i will let you guys know tomorrow what sh ethinks of my hair. she will most likely be happy.
HF

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2005, 08:46 PM
alright, i see that two specific posters have ignored the warnings about sexual related discussion and this is a final warning to TONE IT DOWN. This thread is on the verge of extinction if you boys don't behave. :)

Kidhuman
01-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Hango, just be cool around her and be yourself. Everything between now and then will have an effect on the prom. Remember, a prom is a big deal to a female person. Its a chance to shine amongst her peers and she said yes to you. I dont think a girl would go to a prom with just anyone. Consider yourself lucky that she thinks of you in this way. She does have feelings for you. Just play it smooth and this prom should be a good time for everyone. I know you are excited about it, but dont pressure her and hound her about it or it will never be.

Slicker
01-09-2005, 10:59 PM
If you really want to impress her do what I wanted to do if I would've went to my prom: rent a helicopter. Imagine how cool you'll be if you landed down in the football stadium. Hey, you have curly hair you could act like Artie Ziff. :D

Kidhuman
01-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I Hey, you have curly hair you could act like Artie Ziff. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats great stuff.

Tycho
01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
alright, i see that two specific posters have ignored the warnings about sexual related discussion and this is a final warning to TONE IT DOWN. This thread is on the verge of extinction if you boys don't behave. :)

My deleted post was about lawyers....suggestive of prenuptual agreements.

Terrible!

Slicker
01-09-2005, 11:33 PM
That clears things up for me. I thought KH was replying to ghost posts. Before this post I thought he was just coming out of left field.

hango fett
01-10-2005, 06:15 AM
thanks KH. i will try my best to play it cool.
have a good day everyone.
HF

hango fett
01-10-2005, 12:48 PM
well, today was a good day. Keisha complamented me on my hair, i helped her with math, and promised to buy a candy bar off her tomorrow. the only thing that struck me wierd today was that Abby complamented me on my hair as well. i was shocked!
HF

jedi master sal
01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Uh-oh. You better watch Abby then. She could actually be a little jealous.

Now, I DID read all of the post just now before posting this, let me comment on a few things.

First, don't sweat the small stuff. Let her pick out what dress/color she wants and you roll with it. Let this be more about her. For you, (according to all of your posts) it's more about being with her.

Again, I'll reiterate to watch out for Abby. Seeing as how you overheard her once saying that she though you were going to ask her out AND now that Keisha said yes, you've become a "valuable prospect". See it works alot like this:
A single guy who may have everything going for him, may not be able to get the girl or has a really hard time trying. Why you say? Well, because he needs to work harder at convincing a girl that he's worth the trouble for them to pay attention to him.

Now on the other hand, once you have yourself in a position of being with someone (friends/girlfriend/wife/whatever along those lines) women tend to perk up a bit more. The initial thought is "Hmm, she's into him, so he must have something of worth" and you'll see thta girls/women start to check you out more often. Also, in many cases your own confidence goes up because you have finally "landed" a woman. Other women feel that confidence exuding from you and are attracted to it. It's like a pheremone.

Abby may just be giving you a compliment, but maybe not. Be friendly, but cautious just the same. As for Keisha, relax man, you've obtained the first goal of asking her out and the second of her accepting. Now it's time to nuture your friendship. I will say that you shouldn't try to hang out with her EVERY DAY. There's a saying that "Too much of a good thing..." Get my drift? You have to give her some space. Agreed, not so much that she forgets about you, but enough to know that you're not trying to smother her with your presence. If you see her at school everyday, sometime, just let that be enough. Also, when haning out, it may be better if you do that in a public place. Or maybe one that while public has a little more intimate of a setting. NO I don't mean intamacy in a sexual way, but a place where you can feel close, yet safe and comfortable. For instance, does she like coffee? Take her to Starbucks for a coffee. (Or any kind of cafe) Those are public places yet have a sense of intimacy that you can feel like you can talk to her without being nafraid of what to talk about. Also, she doesn't feel locked in either. Inviting her over to your house may get akward for her if she senses you are making a move or smothering her with attention. Being at a public place gives her a chance to (hopefully) politley excuse herself. Also, "prepping" your prom date with her, by hanging out at a coffe shop or some comparable place gets not only her comfortable with being out with you in public, but you as well. Also it gives you time to get to know HER better. Not her high scholl image or one you've known when you've worked with her, but more the real her. The one when she's alone or at home. Without having school firends around or having to worry about the next customer walking in, you'll have the opportunity to talk to her. See this also gives you a chance to find out what other things she likes.

Without going to overboard, if she mentions something she likes, consider buying it for her. NOTHING EXPENSIVE. Just something simple. However, be cautious here to. If you get the feeling she comse to expect something every time she sees you, it's too late. Also, don't pounce on the first thing she says she likes. If she mentions a band she likes, maybe get her the latest CD or ask what CD's she has of the group. Then get her one she doesn't have. OR if things are progressing nicely with your buddnig relationship, get the CD for yourself, ig you like that kind of music she does. Learn a song or two and when out with her, if you drive, either tune into a radio station that would play that music or pop the CD in. Watch to see if she sings with it then join in. This works alot. Getting to know the girl and showing an interest in what she likes will get you in the door so fast, you'll be amazed. If you do get the CD and pop it in and she sings, ask her if she wants the CD. This way it's a gift, but a subtle one and doesn't look like you specifically bought it for her. This way it's not like she can expect gifts from you. This will appear to be a happy coincidence for her.

So, in summary, take it slow and easy, get to know the real her beyond what you've seen at school/work, don't smother her with your presence and thigns should work out just fine. BTW, if I were to guess, I bet that you will kiss her before the prom night is through.

Good Luck, but I don't think you're going to need it.

Some friendly advice from a friend,
-Sal (aka jedi master sal)

[EDIT] BTW, I guess I should add that when I met my fiancee, the first thign I saw was that she liked X-Men. I immediately bonded with her on that because I had really been into the X-Men as a teen (I'm 35 now and today coincidentally is her 35th birthday) Lucky for me it turned out she was a collector too. Not SW, but other stuff. We've been together for 7+ years now. So my advice does work. You just need to find a balance that works for you.

El Chuxter
01-10-2005, 02:40 PM
hango, I have one piece of advice for you:

Find a copy of the song "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. (If you buy CDs, get it on the "Bat Out of Hell Album." If you download songs, make sure it's the long version.)

Learn this song and apply it to every moment of your life. It's a really funny song, and it has a valuable lesson about getting in over your head at too young an age. You're still a kid, so live for the moment and don't plan where your relationships are going to be years from now. (If I had a dollar for every girl from middle school to college who I loved so much that I'd die without her and yet who I'm obviously not with now and I'm doing just fine, I would own my very own, I'd buy myself a blimp.)

And, even more importantly, it's a great song to boogie to! ;)

hango fett
01-10-2005, 02:58 PM
thanks very much, sal. that will help me a great deal.
edit: there is a song that me and Keisha sing a little bit. filiece navida. she was singing it back in june and july! i told her that she had that stuck in my head and she teased me about it for a while.
HF

hango fett
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
today was very good. Keisha needed help with math, so i helped her out. after i showed her what to do, she thanked me and then we started talking about stuff. it was amazing that she brought up something that i like to do. and that is play yu-gi-oh. she said she plays it with her little sister and always gets beat. but she also said she didn't really know what she was doing. so i think tomorrow, i will let her borrow a CD that teaches you how to play it and give her a practice deck. hope that goes good!
oh, BTW, i don't know if i mentioned this, but Keisha is 15 1/2 years old. and i am 18. so i must use caution.
HF

Tycho
01-11-2005, 03:45 PM
This thread gets better and better.

hango fett
01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
what do you mean by that?
HF

Tycho
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, aside from the fact that we are now offering you advice on how to date an underage girl...I mean we have our own real-life reality show right here on SSG, all based on your life.

If you are a Senior and she is a Sophomore, BTW, how is it that you end up in the same Math class?

Anyway, everyday there's something new. Ever hear of a live journal (Hyperspace made one for the filming of Episode 3)?

Now all we need is real-time video or some select video moments, perhaps with your stunt-double or a behind-the-scenes shot with your director, maybe a pose against the blue-screen before they use CGI to add JediMasterGuyute, Sal, Slicker, and Kidhuman into the background to make it look like they were actually there in real-time advising you. An episode of "Elim-a-Date" or whatever the latest show is called now paints the general picture.

For a follow-up (after Prom) to this thread, I suggest we all rent out a house in some foreign location (how about the French Riviera?) and then continue the story into Season 2?

I'm just joking around. Don't take anything I say personally. I hope you laughed. That's all.

hango fett
01-11-2005, 04:22 PM
oh, i laughed! i still am!
the reason Keisha and i are in the same class is because i suck at math and needed another class because we can't have 2 study halls.
i'll go book a flight to the French Rivera tomorrow, Tycho!
HF

jedi master sal
01-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Uh, I didn't reaize the girl was underage for HF. I was 17 as a senior, I though you were to, so if she's 15 then that would make it cool. However if you're 18 HangoFett, well, just be careful. I don't support anything relating to dating an underage girl. Again, I must have missed the fact that HF is 18.

hango fett
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
it's ok, JMS. i know the rules. and she does too. but you have to understand that i would never do anything to get myself in trouble like that. plus, i know a girl who is 14 and dateing a 19 or 20 year old.
i know better. so please continue to give me advice...just keep in mind i'm 18.
HF

Turbowars
01-11-2005, 06:35 PM
OK now I see. Strange that you would leave the age thing out of it. If I was the father, she wouldn't be dating just yet. The guy dating the 14 year old needs to have the crap kicked out of him. Where are these kids parents?:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Ok guys, lets not dwell on the age thing. Keep it moving.

Lord Malakite
01-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, the age thing isn't that big of a deal from what I see. I was 18 too when I graduated high school.

Turbowars
01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
So you condone a 19 year old going out with a 14 year old? Strange.
I guess 18 and an almost 16 isn't that bad, but the 19 and 14 thing really bothers me. I'll express my opinion when I feel it's needed, just as all you do.

Lord Malakite
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
So you condone a 19 year old going out with a 14 year old? Strange.
No. My comment was only concerning the person at hand, hango. He only just turned 18 this past October and as you just stated this girl is almost 16. Under these circumstances I don't see it as a big deal. Obviously the bigger difference between the age the more of a problem it will be.

hango fett
01-12-2005, 05:01 AM
thank you, malakite. the point of it is that we know the boundaries, what we can and can't do, and we know we like each other.
ok, to get off the subject of age, let me just say that every day i think that we both notices we like each other more and more. for example, i am there for her when she is having trouble with math and when she is in a bad mood. she is there for me when i get picked on. she backs me up all the time on that.
i'll let you guys know how today goes...
HF

hango fett
01-12-2005, 01:49 PM
hey guys. today was pretty good. we had a few laughs in math and i think i might call her in a little bit and see if we had any math homework, since i was out of there before the teacher said if we did or didn't.
HF

kool-aid killer
01-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I hope you stand up for yourself when you get picked on. Silence is consent. Im not advocating you sock whoever does so to you on school grounds, but you need to let them know that wont fly with you. If there is one thing i hate, its chumps picking on people who havent done anything to them. Regarding the age thing, i dont think its too big a deal, i think Hangos been very upfront in saying that he doesnt want to just use her. Now if he had been, i would be against it simply because its way too easy for an older guy to influence a younger girl. Which is probably why the 20yr old dates a 14yr old, he cant get a girl his own age to like him so hes got to go for the naive ones. Hango, its good to hear that you two seem to be forming a better friendship, just dont get too far ahead of yourself and plan out romantic scenarios. Enjoy it and take it easy. I think weve done a great job of helping you out with this aspect, maybe now its time to help you learn how to dance...

hango fett
01-12-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks, KLK. i think i can dance pretty good. i know i can slow dance, because there is nothing to it. you just kind of rock back and forth. i'm sure that i will be nervous the first time Keisha and I slowdancew because it would be awkward to hold her. i just hope it will be fun and not stressful. i also hope i don't worry about how to hold her by then.
HF

James Boba Fettfield
01-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I understand that slow dance apprehension. I learned I would have to do it as part of a wedding reception thing about five minutes before the dance occurred. The worst, or most likely best, part was the one I danced with was way out of this fella's league. I adapted nicely for a rookie and did not falter under the pressure. Instinct on the part of this playa' I s'pose . . . or most likely not.

Now I spend nights pretending/wishing I was a morally ambiguous cowboy and trying not to remember that night when I had the A-game going.

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Hopefully this will be more helpful than the "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" thing (though you still should memorize the song :)).

Basically, if you keep up with the rhythm and don't stomp her toes -- but don't think too hard about it -- there's pretty much no way to screw up a slow dance. Well, assuming you don't do anything that will result in her slapping you. Have fun and don't think about it, and if you think you screwed up at some point, get over it and keep going.

hango fett
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
funny thing is, she probably wouldn't slap me...she'd hit me. we exchange punches at work once when we were bored out of our minds. and before you guys jump me for hitting a girl, she is the one that told me to hit her or shed knee me below the belt.
HF

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 07:45 PM
The hitting thing is good. Its flirting with ya. Girls will "wrestle" around with guys they like.

Turbowars
01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Question, Who's picking on you? Having your girl friend defend you might make it is worse. Do you defend yourself? It's probably better to ignore them. If you show that it bothers you, they will keep on doing it.

hango fett
01-12-2005, 08:42 PM
well, it's a guy at school. he calls me wookie. i hate that. but i say it doesn't bug me, but it does. but as soon as i start to laugh he backs off.

yes, i defend myself. but it gets hard to ignore some of the harsh things they say. PM me if you want to know what he actually says, cause i don't want this locked.

well, if wrestling around is flirting then we did massive flirting that day at work, cause the next day we both said our shoulders hurt. see, she keept hitting me harder and i just keept half-hitting her. then she threatened my manhood and i hit her back harder. it was fun, though.

one good thing about work this year will be my age. 18. that means i can stay up there by myself and with one other person to run the grill. i bet me and Keisha will have a few nights together up there. then we can talk and work without the boss wondering what we are doing. i doubt she would though. she's a 53 year old and a very nice lady. a little crazy, but nice. and she is related to Keisha....some cousin i think.

the only bad thing will be if abby works up there again this year. i briefly had a crush on her the year before Keisha worked there. but she showed me her "dark side" well, her bi**** side, quite a few times.

one last thing, i have noticed a few girls talking to me more now. probably like sal said, they are jealous. i am pretty good at resisting girls charm though.
HF

Turbowars
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Wookie huh. Are you wearing SW shirts or something? Does he know you have a room full of SW toys or are you a big tall dude with a beard? I thought maybe he was calling you a #$@%!^?

hango fett
01-13-2005, 05:00 AM
i haven't wore any SW shirts in a while. he just assumes alot of things.
Edit in: i am happy right now because Abby is not here today! yes! no annoinyness!
HF

hango fett
01-13-2005, 12:53 PM
today was a great day! we had alot of laughs in math. more than usuall. we both joked at each other alot and walked together to her locker.
feels good!
HF

Kidhuman
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Does she call you Hango?

hango fett
01-13-2005, 04:50 PM
no. she doesn't know that name exists.
HF

hango fett
01-14-2005, 08:57 AM
just thought i'd let you guys know that 1 year ago i had a seizure. a strand of the flu got passed my bodies defenses and got into my spinal fluid. it then worked it's way to my brain. i was in the hospital for about a week. i was unconscious for about 4 days, and when i woke up, i remeber wondering why i was in the hospital, and why were there wires all around me? so if i don't post any news today on me and Keisha, this is why....i am too stressed...
HF

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2005, 09:31 AM
What does that flu story have to do with Keisha and the women issues? Also, why would it affect your posting?

But still, i'm sure it was scary and i have to ask: when you woke up, did they say:
"Lord Hango.."
"Yes....master..."
"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiise."
(cue music)

lol As for that wookie crap, if he calls you that again, i think you know what you must do: rip his arms out of his sockets. I mean, c'mon, its' not like you could be blamed! He calls you a wookie and you rip his arms off. It's a self fulfilling prophecy! Totally binding in court!

just messin'. Don't resort to violence. SSG doesn't need a lawsuit. :D

hango fett
01-14-2005, 10:09 AM
no kidding. the reason that my flu thing affects this is because Keisha saw it happen. so, math will be kind of a sad thing today because of it.
HF

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Dont let it ge tto you. Its in the past so dont sweat it.

hango fett
01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
actually, Keisha left the period before math. i think she had a doctor's appointment. oh, well...it was a good day anyway. i did extra credit in math to get my grade up to a c. it is 2 points higher than Keisha's! haha!
HF

Lord Malakite
01-14-2005, 04:33 PM
i did extra credit in math to get my grade up to a c. it is 2 points higher than Keisha's! haha!
HF
And your tutoring her? Not to be insulting, but this sounds like a case of the blind leading the blind. :p What difficulty math is this anyway, general, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, calculus, or one of those "pre" in betweens?

hango fett
01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
algebra 1. like i have said before, i am terrible at most kinds of math. i am good with probabilitys. but see, the only reason i had a bad grade was the tests. i bombed a few...
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Dude! Maybe you should work on your math some more and not worry about the ladies so much. Not to be mean, but a senior with a low C in algebra 1 is horrible. Maybe it's you who needs the tutor. :D Then you could get ahead of Keisha and pass along your newfound knowledge, then make it more impressive. Actually that's not too bad of an idea . . .

Slicker
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Math usually gets people more than any other subject. I personally didn't have a problem (just to rub it in I passed calculus with a B average :p). Don't let that get you down. They tell you that "you'll need this everyday of your life" but they're wrong. I've never once been able to apply my bo staff skill........er math skills.

BTW, nice of you jump back on the band wagon JJL instead of being weeks ahead of everyone else. When you had that avatar up weeks ago I had no idea what the hell it was.

hango fett
01-14-2005, 07:18 PM
i c is good for me in math. i usually get D's. in our math II class (which is complex story problems and statistics) i have a B+.
HF

Lord Malakite
01-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Algebra I isn't too difficult from what I remember. Mostly a lot rearranging problems and substituting to find x and y. What seems to be the hang up?

Turbowars
01-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I'll tell you what the hang up is, it's girls! I dated through High school held a 3.8 through 3 years. The last year, my senior year was when I meet my future wife and my grades dropped. I couldn't let them drop too much because of Football, but man she was the only thing on my mind.

It amazes me still how a good woman can make you feel. Unfortunately the bad one's make you feel good too, :evil:

Exhaust Port
01-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Here, Here!!

hango fett
01-15-2005, 08:25 AM
the part that trips me up is when they use alot of variables. i hate variables....but i do it anyways...
HF

Exhaust Port
01-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Girls or math? Girls are a walking variable. What works today won't necessarily work tomorrow. Sometimes it feels like your boxing your own shadow. :)

hango fett
01-15-2005, 10:51 AM
amen to that. the only variable i can think of that is more complex than a women is the weather.
i have decided to do something for Keisha on Valentine's day. i will give her a card and most likely a rose. that should help.
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
amen to that. the only variable i can think of that is more complex than a women is the weather.
i have decided to do something for Keisha on Valentine's day. i will give her a card and most likely a rose. that should help.
HF
You should get her one of those sweet "You're worth a lot to me" Boba Fett cards. That should go over well. :D

Exhaust Port
01-15-2005, 12:01 PM

I don't know, it's common to have a 5-7 day forcast of weather. Women temperaments are unknown beyond a few hours. :D

hango fett
01-15-2005, 01:20 PM
true, true, true...but how often is the forecast actually right? i mean, highs, lows, and if it will rain or not? not too good.
i think she would run away if i did that, JJL. that was funny though!
HF

Kidhuman
01-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Girls or math? Girls are a walking variable. What works today won't necessarily work tomorrow. Sometimes it feels like your boxing your own shadow. :)

That is exactly what I thought when I read his statement EP. That reference about boxing your own shadow is true and on point.

hango fett
01-16-2005, 09:02 AM
yeah. that does make sense. no school tomorrow, so no "Keisha Update."
HF

Turbowars
01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Why not, you 2 don't hang out? You don't have a car yet do you?

hango fett
01-16-2005, 10:57 AM
no i don't i still have my permit. my dad won't let me get my liscense untill spring. he wants me to have alot of experience under my belt.
it would be a little wierd for me to just go to her house and say "want to hang out?" the reason is because we are not to that point in our realationship/friendship yet. plus she's probably with her mom today. she lives 20 miles from me.
HF

Turbowars
01-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Dude, you call her 1st. Friends hang out out of school you know. Since you live 20 minutes away and no car, I'll give you some slack.;)

hango fett
01-16-2005, 11:39 AM
well, her dad's house is about 4 blocks away. but i always hate to call her, because i fell like i am bugging her. thats why i rarely ever call her.
HF

Turbowars
01-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Well it's good you aren't calling her a lot. Sometimes that scares the girls away. Does she call you?

hango fett
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM
once in a blue moon. only if she had a question about when she worked (when the Dairy Bar was open back in September). other than that, not that i can remeber. it's funny, even though she isn't my age, she seems like she is, or that we are both the same age. i don't know why, but it does....wierd...
HF

Tycho
01-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Not really. You respect her because you like her. You elivate her in your appreciation for her.

Naturally, you'd feel that someone younger than you would have less experience and you'd feel like you should be more advanced than they are and therefore in a position of moral authority over them.

In Keisha's case, you are looking for a partner - by definition an equal.

-Tycho the internet psychologist with the truth for the day.

hango fett
01-17-2005, 10:22 AM
good one, tycho. well, i hope tomorrow goes good. it probably will, but i have a feeling somethings up...
HF

hango fett
01-17-2005, 07:42 PM
big news. my friend, Richard, just called and said he now has a date to the prom. plus he might be going to the movies with her sometime this week. he said i should see if Keisha wants to go too(so it would be me, Richard, Keisha, and Jenny(his prom date.)
that would be very good if this were to happen. some good alone time with her...well, with a movie playing, but still..
HF

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Then the big decision, what movie. I would say The Aviator from the friends/family reviews I've gathered.

hango fett
01-17-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah....but i'm not a big leo fan. white noise maybe? that looks good.
HF

Slicker
01-17-2005, 08:55 PM
I personally liked "Meet the Fockers". It was a funny movie and you don't want to see "White Noise" in case it makes you scream like a girl.;)

EDIT: Don't scare a brotha like that by changing your avatar. BTW, who is that?

hango fett
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
i don't scream at movies. plus white noise intrugies me because it can or does happen. EVP that is. weird..
HF
EDIT:Ron White.

hango fett
01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
today was another great day. let's see....she talked to me almost the whole period, she gave me her skittles(yeah i know, big wup), we had several funny moments, we talked about movies(we are not going...Richard had to work) she said she wanted to see white noise and we made fun of my friend because Keisha said he stinks.
thats about it.
Edit in: today we start our exams. so for the rest of the week, i only have Keisha in class one time. plus she won't be here the majority of friday because of her physical therapy starting up from the accident.
HF

hango fett
01-21-2005, 06:18 PM
sorry to triple post, but i have news...
i have heard that Keisha is pretty much just useing me as a reason to go to prom. i hope that is not true, but i am going to start my back-up plan. My back-up plan is to as another girl (Shannon Rench who i have know since 1st grade and were neightbors with for about 6 years) to go with me to prom is Keisha decideds not to go with me later. i hope it doesn't come to that, but i will ask Shannon anyways just so i can lock in a date.
HF

Tycho
01-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Hango you are a very smart young man. You're learning dude - you're learning!

That's a good plan if you already bought all the arrangements for prom - tickets, limo - whatever you're doing. I don't follow this thread THAT closely to remember.

However, if you are not invested yet, and you can delay purchasing the tickets and making some of the arrangements you have to pre-pay for, then do so. You might be thankful.

A lot of people never go to prom and have happy, healthy romantic lives later.

Prom is great if:
1) you have a very close, steady girlfriend who you've been with for a long time and who you'll enjoy the event with

2) you are comfortable with the cash - and it's an acceptable loss if the night doesn't go great - not like you're evaluating your life on one night.

3) you just want to go, pal around with your friends like a fancy party, and make that part of your HS memories.

Oh- be careful of Shannon's feelings. Let her know the whole situation - and don't count on her having romantic feelings for you if she knows she's second choice. Go as friends or don't go with her. If this girl likes you any more than a friend, you'll be hurting her feelings if she thinks you feel differently and are inviting her for anything more than Plan B.

Like I suggested, let Plan C be going by yourself if need be - or not going if you don't think you'll have a good time with other friends you'll see there.

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, if thats the case Hango, go directly to her and call her out on it. Let her be the judge to tell you. If she does like and this is just rumor and heresay, ask her. If she finds out you have a plan B, you might end up hurting her feelings as well.

Turbowars
01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow Hango, that's pretty "F" ed up of you if you ask the other girl to the prom and you still go with The other chick. Doesn't sound like something a God fearing person would do.

hango fett
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
i said it is back up. i will ask shannon to go with me if Keisha doesn't not to actually go with both of em. i will address Keisha monday about her just wanting a free ride to prom. if she is doing it just so she can go and has no real intrest in me, then i aint going with her. it would be a waste of a good night to have her just walk off with her friends and not even dance with me.
HF

Turbowars
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
What if Shannon gets asked and then you are screwed. Where did you hear this rumor? Someone just might be jealous and wants you to question the whole thing.

If Keisha if going with you for all the wrong reasons, it's just as well. I mean you are graduating and she has another year of HS ahead of her. What do you think she'll be doing then? Talking to other guys and someone will be asking her to her prom. Young girl have no idea what they want and what they are doing. Just make the best of it and have fun. Just don't take this HS thing too seriously. I know it's easy for me to say, but I have been there and done that.

So whats Shannon like? Is she just a friend and never looked at her as a possible Girlfriend? I had a few of those in school and man there's one girl that I should have went with but didn't. I hate regret.:cry: ;)

hango fett
01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Shannon has been a good friend of mine since 1st grade, even though she's a year behind me. we used to hang out together all the time in elementary school. everyone always made fun of me for it and said she was my girlfriend, but back then, i didn't like girls that way yet. to be completly honest though, she was my very first love. and to this day, i still do care a great deal for her. also, last year when i had my seizure, she was walking right by me (it happend in school in the hallway) and saw the whole thing. the reason i know this is because she told me. when i came in for a friday to thank all the teachers who had helped me that day of the seizure, i was talking to my powerlifting/economics/social issues/sociology teacher and my mom (who had to take a whole month off because of this...doctors order) said "Tony, look behind you." and i will never forget how Shannon looked at that moment. she was crying, and just kind of starred at me for a second and then ran up to me and gave me a huge hug that lasted for quite a while. i was shocked to death at this because before that i didn't know she saw the whole thing. i really didn't know what to say other than thanks. since then, she has always given me a huge smile evey time i walk by her and she sees me. i always say hi and smile back. too bad we don't have any classes together this year...but she does live right down the street from me now. o gpo by her house almost every day.
there. thats what i think of Shannon and pretty much what she's like. an awsomely nice girl who i will always love, no matter who i go out with or go to prom with.
HF

Slicker
01-22-2005, 12:01 AM
I know that you're set on Keisha but if she's using you to go to the prom that's just plain wrong and distrustful on her part but if you're gonna ask (which I would strongly recommend) ask her to be up front with you and honest.

In my new line of thinking you should ditch Keisha regardless and go with Shannon. It's not often that you find a girl that you've known your whole life and it's obvious that she's cares at least on some level for you. The way I see it looks only matter when you're first meeting someone because you don't know personality without talking but you already know this girl and if she isn't the best looking it doesn't matter.

I know it's much cliched but sometimes it is what's on the inside that counts.

hango fett
01-22-2005, 04:31 AM
the thing is, if i just go out and ditch Keisha, she would probably get extremly PO'd at me, which i really don't want because i still want to be friends with her. it's just that i don't have the same intrest in going out with her that i used to. Shannon is an extremly pretty girl. the only problem with asking her to the prom or asking her to go out with me is i don't know if she has a boyfriend. i don't think she does because i never see any other cars at her house besides her families (i know her mom, dad, sister and brother very well).
HF

Exhaust Port
01-22-2005, 08:32 AM
You need to ask now whether or not there is any truth to the rumor. If she is using you there is a good chance that she'll ditch you at the prom for whom ever else she wanted hang out with (and used you as a ticket through the door). I've seen it happen.

I think you'd be better off trying to straighten this out now. Trust me, the feeling of losing her as a friend or ticking her off will be a lot less traumatizing then having her embarass you at the prom by ditching you there for other friends.

So I say call her on it. Ask her flat out if the rumors are true and inform her if that is the case that you'll move on since you are not to be used as a meal ticket.

kool-aid killer
01-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh man, this is disturbing. Who told you of Keishas reasoning for going with you and how reliable is that source? And with what all you say about Shannon, why didnt you just go for her in the first place? You guys seem to have a history together, plus she seems so much more sincere and mature than Keisha is. Dont waste time in finding out whether the rumor is true or not, it could save you a lot of grief in the future. Heres hoping that things get resolved in a manner that is good for you.

hango fett
01-22-2005, 03:49 PM
oh, i will comfront Keisha monday. most definitly. the reason i didn't consider going with Shannon before was that she had a boyfriend up untill recently. if she would not have had a boyfriend, i would have asked.
HF

Exhaust Port
01-22-2005, 04:03 PM
HAD a boyfriend. Ask her now!

hango fett
01-22-2005, 05:57 PM
i am not 100% sure she is still single. but i will find out monday.HF

Tonysmo
01-23-2005, 12:49 AM
damn dude.. it just isnt getting any easier for you is it?

The only thought that comes to my mind,. after what you wrote about your neighbor.. is that youve asked the wrong girl from the start. :ermm:

sorry..

such is life. good luck with whatever happens. Im sure you'll make the best of it.

hango fett
01-23-2005, 08:10 AM
i will try to, Tonysmo. i really will.
HF

Tonysmo
01-23-2005, 10:47 PM
cmon..

Do..

or do not..

there is no try~

:D

jjreason
01-24-2005, 03:08 AM
Hi Hango, very interesting journal you've written here with the help of the forum over the past few weeks (although my understanding of "girl lingo" hasn't really been buffed up - I figured I'd be up to speed after starting to read a 23 page thread) :D .

I personally think you need to use that cell phone of yours a little more often. There's nothing freaky about giving Keisha a call, in my opinion, to check with her about what you've heard. If the rumour's false, it might even demonstrate to her that you're concerned about what she thinks of you - which I think she already knows.

I haven't been in high school, or the dating pool for that matter for a LONG time, but as a "narc" I know a thing or two about sources: believe half of what you hear and be suspicious about the rest. Everyone who talks about someone when they're not around has an agenda. Period. Somone (not Abby - heck no, couldn't have been her, could it????) might have a crush on you that they're worried isn't reciprocated because you've asked Keisha to the prom. Likewise, could it have been a male that likes Keisha that would love to see you walk away from your date with her? Think about it. I'd talk to her about what you've heard (as per your plans), but don't interrogate her - just bring it up and let her talk. If she denies it, I'd believe her as opposed to the other party.

Regarding Shannon, she sounds great. Test the waters, re-connect a little bit be it over the phone, in front of her house when you see her, whatever. Let her know it meant a lot to you to have her come over and give you a hug after you were sick, no shame in that.

My overriding feeling after reading all of this is that you're still a little hinked out about talking to girls you like. No shame in that either, it's a difficult task not sounding like Ron Burgundy explaining to Christina Applegate where the name "San Diego" came from. :beard:

Good luck, Young One. Keep us posted.

hango fett
01-24-2005, 10:22 AM
thanks. i needed to hear that. i saw shannon today and i took the liberty of saying hi first instead of her. she gave me her awsome smile and said "hi tony!" back to me. i almost started to talk to her, but periods changed.
HF

Slicker
01-24-2005, 10:41 AM
she gave me her awsome smile and said "hi tony!" back to me.
HFYou must've been so star struck that you didn't even notice that she called you by the wrong name.;):p

hango fett
01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
that was a good one.
hehe
HF

Kidhuman
01-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, what happened with Keisha?

hango fett
01-24-2005, 09:59 PM
she wasn't there today. maybe she sensed i was going to confront her....:rolleyes: just kidding about the "senseing" thing.
oh, and i now have a class with Shannon! i sit 2 rows from her!
i just realized that there are 3 Shannons in my high school. Shannon Rench, Shannon Jones and Shannon Putterbaul. very wierd.
HF

Kidhuman
01-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Not too weird. Its a popular female name. If therre are 5 girls in the school, 3 Shannons, Keisha and Abbey, then yes, its weird

Tonysmo
01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Linda. That girl looks just like
Pat Benatar.

I know.

Actually, there are three girls at
Ridgemont who have cultivated the
Pat Benatar look.

sorry.. wrong movie.. :crazed: :crazed:

hango fett
01-25-2005, 05:10 AM
there are alot more than 5 girls in my school. even though i live in a small town, there are still plenty of girls.
HF

hango fett
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
talked to her today. she said he was lying and really did want to go with me to it. yaaay!
EDIT IN: i had to hurry when i typed the last part, was about to change classes..
anyways, me and Keisha got along wonderfully today. we helped each other in math alot, and it was fun because we made fun of each other at the same time. it's just the way she says things, her voice, and the way she looks that keeps me focused more on her than anyone else.
HF

hango fett
01-26-2005, 02:05 PM
ahhh....another good day. this time, I actually didn't get something in math and Keisha helped me! she did it very nicely too. it's wierd, i think that both of us sense that we like each other, but are just too scared to come out and say it.
on the other hand, Shannon said hi to me twice today and once when i walked by her, she didn't say anything, but gave me a huge grin.
then, at the begging of the day, my math teacher was talking about what she did to Keisha yesterday to Abby (she threw an empty pop bottle at her and it hit her foot). and Abby remarced kind of harshly "Good. maybe it will knock some sense into her head." now, was she just saying that to be funny, or maybe saying that she should look at what she has right in front of her (me) and realize what could be???
HF

jjreason
01-27-2005, 02:03 AM
I think the time has come to ask her out to dinner - just to talk about the upcoming prom of course. ;) Tell her you'd like to spend some time with her to get to know her outside of school, to find out what her expectations are for the date, colours of dresses she likes, etc. Don't take her to the movies though (unless you're going somewhere else first or after the show), you can't talk to anyone at the movies. Just my thoughts.

hango fett
01-27-2005, 05:46 AM
if i had a car, i would ask her out to dinner. but i don't. i was thinking about asking her what color her dress was going to be today. her favirote color is pink, so it will probablly be pink.
HF

Slicker
01-27-2005, 11:09 AM
You could always invite her over to your house for dinner. Maybe it'll be a good thing to have her meet your parents. It could show her that you're serious.

hango fett
01-27-2005, 02:02 PM
mm...maybe. i might do that....
anyways, today was once again great. i helped her with math, and she gave me skitles(yeah, big woop again..) then she hit my friend who was picking on me and calling me wookie with a rubber band! i love it when she defends me! and i defend her too! but should i let her keep defending me or say that i can defend myself?
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
mm...maybe. i might do that....
anyways, today was once again great. i helped her with math, and she gave me skitles(yeah, big woop again..) then she hit my friend who was picking on me and calling me wookie with a rubber band! i love it when she defends me! and i defend her too! but should i let her keep defending me or say that i can defend myself?
HF
If you like it so much, then let her. But I say do it yourself. Just so the other people don't think you have to have a girl - a younger girl, no less - defending you.

Or just remind them that it's not wise to upset a Wookiee. ;)

hango fett
01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
i think i'll just let her defend me if she wants to. it's her choice if she defends me, not mine. i don't tell her to.
i will tell my friend tomorrow if he makes fun of me that it is not wise to upset a wookie. that was great, Mr. JJ!
HF

hango fett
01-28-2005, 02:00 PM
well, she countinued to defend me today when my friend wrote something bad about me which i will not go into detail with on here.
on a good note, Abby coundn't talk today because she lost her voice somehow(i really don't care how...) so it was nice and quiet in my math II class and my us history class.
tomorrow is my first powerlifting meet of the year. and those meets are always alot of fun. i will most likely ask Keisha to come out and see me when we have our meet in our gym.
HF

hango fett
01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
sorry to triple post, but i just came across a picture of Abby on our schools website. i figured you guys would like to know what she looks like....
notice what i called it.....
HF

Slicker
01-29-2005, 08:38 PM
It's weird that you should post this picture becuase yesterday I was thinking that you've never described what Keisha looks like (I've been with this thread since the beginning) as far as I know. I'm just curious as to what she looks like. It won't influence my suggestions, just curious.

hango fett
01-29-2005, 08:42 PM
she is about 5' 6", long legged, long burnette hair(which is one thing i love about girls...long hair....), and pretty skinny and very beauitiful IMO. sadly, i have no picture of her because she didn't play a sport this year. mayber i can talk her into lifting....that would really give us quality time!
HF

Kidhuman
01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
HOw about bringing a camera to school and snapping a few shots of her and stuff. Get a few friends in them so it doesnt seem like you only want pics of her.

Slicker
01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Heck go all out. Take her to the mall for some glamour shots.:)

Turbowars
01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Aww crap! I almost spit my drink out on my monitor when I read that Slicker.lol

hango fett
01-30-2005, 07:02 AM
yeah....like that wouldn't be a bit noticeable...
i'll just ask for a picture of her tomorrow at school. i will give her one of my senoirs pictures too just for kicks..
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Heck go all out. Take her to the mall for some glamour shots.:)
I hear Deb's having a sale. ;)

hango fett
01-30-2005, 07:47 PM
is it 2 for 1? i hope so, then i can get my pictures taken too!
not
HF

hango fett
01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
well, i gave her one of my senoir pictures. she said i looked great! plus, in math, the desk that she usually sits in was moved closer to the front. there were no desks behind her as well. she then moves her dek right by mine. i helped her with math today, as always, and flirtied a bit. tomorrow i will see if she has an idea of what color her prom dress will be yet.
HF

DarthQuack
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Ah flashbacks to the good old days of high school.....how I don't miss it at all....