PDA

View Full Version : Inside GL's House, I work with a guy at WM, who was there.

scruffziller
12-19-2004, 08:45 AM
He helped work on his house and used his bathroom!!!:D This was recently, not while it was being built. He also knew of a family that lives near George that was named WOOKIEE and the dad was really tall and really hairy.

Kidhuman
12-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Did he get pics of the stuff around the house?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2004, 02:15 PM
He helped work on his house and used his bathroom!!!:D This was recently, not while it was being built. He also knew of a family that lives near George that was named WOOKIEE and the dad was really tall and really hairy.
I have a strong feeling that this guy's lying. I doubt he's been in his house, though there is a very slim chance. However, Wookiee was invented when, during THX-1138, someone backed over something in their car and said, "I think I ran over a Wookiee back there!" It has nothing to do with a tall hairy guy, except of course for Chewbacca 'n' Friends.

stillakid
12-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

:D :D :D :D :D

scruffziller
12-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I have a strong feeling that this guy's lying. I doubt he's been in his house, though there is a very slim chance. However, Wookiee was invented when, during THX-1138, someone backed over something in their car and said, "I think I ran over a Wookiee back there!" It has nothing to do with a tall hairy guy, except of course for Chewbacca 'n' Friends.
Possibly, but I mentioned it anyway. ;) That's why this is the OTHER forum.

I didn't say that he got the word WOOKIEE from the family, its just that they are there and a coincidence.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Possibly, but I mentioned it anyway. ;) That's why this is the OTHER forum.

I didn't say that he got the word WOOKIEE from the family, its just that they are there and a coincidence.
I believe you, but I don't believe this guy.

I never heard of anyone named "Wookiee" either . . . next thing you know this guy's gonna tell you his mother-in-law's name is Mon Mothma, but oh, it's just a coincidence. ;)

plasticfetish
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM
He also knew of a family that lives near George that was named WOOKIEE and the dad was really tall and really hairy.Hmmm, a while ago in some other thread, I mentioned that growing up, back in the '70s, I knew a guy named "Wookie" who worked in the same building as my dad. (I grew up in Marin, and my Dad worked in S.F.) Word was, that he had been friends with Lucas. If I remember correctly, this guy was indeed pretty big, and hairy -- but everyone was kind of hairy in San Francisco back in the '70s, so that doesn't mean much. :D

Ask if he remembers this guy's first name.

As for the George Lucas bathroom thing, that's not exactly too hard to believe. Everyone's got a bathroom and from time to time they need to be worked on, so...

plasticfetish
12-20-2004, 08:14 PM
OK...

The "Wookiee" name thing's been bugging me, so I Googled a different spelling. I kind of remember this guy's last name being spelled differently, so, here's what I found at a page about Terry McGovern...

"In an 1977 interview in Rolling Stone magazine, George said, 'Terry McGovern is a bay area actor, who was doing some voice work on THX. One day he showed up late for a recording session. His excuse was, "I had an accident. I ran over my pet wookey."' My recollection is that I had been late because it was a Saturday session, and I was serving my monthly weekend in the Army Reserves in the Presidio. I haad cut out of the meeting and driven to the recording session with my best friend, Bill Wookey. Whatever excuse I came up with for George, "'Wookey' stuck with me", he said in the interview. "When it came time to name that character, that name just popped into my head."

"Giving the giant Chewbacca the surname Wookey (sp) certainly affected the life of my friend, I can promise you. For a while it was a minor annoyance for his sons at school, but I think over the years, the whole family has grown fond of the association. Coincidentally, Bill Wookey is well over six feet tall, has a thick mane of reddish hair and a full beard. No, he does not a have wet nose and he seldom growls. Most important, he is still my best friend."
(http://www.geocities.com/karloff3/Autograph/terry_mcGovern.htm)

I suppose that explains that.

Exhaust Port
12-20-2004, 08:32 PM
But that doesn't explain what was wrong with GL's toilet. :)

stillakid
12-20-2004, 10:29 PM
But that doesn't explain what was wrong with GL's toilet. :)

Yeah, because he obviously has been throwing all of his crap up on the screen instead. :eek:

mastermatt24
12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah, because he obviously has been throwing all of his crap up on the screen instead. :eek:
LOL!!!

Thats not nice...

plasticfetish
12-21-2004, 01:23 AM
But that doesn't explain what was wrong with GL's toilet. :)The Hasbro royalty checks that he uses instead of Charmin really clog the pipes. :sur: :sur:

InsaneJediGirl
12-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Cant use the heavy duty paper stock.Clogs up the septic :D Maybe this guy was in the neighboorhood,saw a nice shack and knocked on the door to use the bathroom.Just "happened" to be GL :crazed: