PDA

View Full Version : Which TV shows need action figures?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Similar to the films thread, but there are some good possibilities on TV.

MADTv - There's so many! Stuart, Ms. Swan, Fightin' Ron, office guy (Sneaky Snake!), Lorraine (huh huh huh!), Dot, to name a few.

Chappelle's Show - Dave himself, Tyrone Biggums w/crack and doo doo, R. Kelly (guess what his action feature would be!), the Player Haters, Blackzilla vs. Godzilla boxset

Well really that's all I got for now, but I know there has to be some others.

Rocketboy
12-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Wow...I thought about making the same thread.
Too bad most of the best TV animated shows already have them (Simpsons, Family Guy, Adult Swim shows).

Chapelle's Show would be nice. So many great characters. Besides the ones you mentioned, I like Rick James and Clayton Bigsby.

SNL could use more than the small handfull they had a few years ago.

I want a Mr. Bean.

stillakid
12-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Baywatch! :cool:

Space 1999.

The Daily Show.

evenflow
12-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Married with Children!!!!!!!!!

Beast
12-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Joel, Mike, Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, Gypsy, Timmy (Evil Crow), Dr. Forrester, TV's Frank, Torgo. (Maybe More)

Quantum Leap - Dr. Sam Beckett & Rear Admiral Albert 'Al' Calavicci - (Only problem I can see here, is the fact that Sam and Al change clothes so often in the series, that finding an iconic look for them would be hard. Either do it as a 4" line so you can do a ton of different looks, or Sam in the Quantum Leap Accelerator outfit and Al either in the first episode suit or his Military Uniform that he's worn a few times.)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Slicker
12-19-2004, 04:28 PM
The Kids in the Hall.
Definitely Married with Children.
and like the Movie figures thread I can't think of many now but give it time and I'll have more.

darthvyn
12-19-2004, 05:44 PM
full house!!!!
perfect strangers!!!
knightrider!!!! ;)
dukes of hazzard!!! :)

actually, i started this as a joke, (i.e. full house...) but the others would kick! imagine perfect strangers figures that talked?

mericen
12-19-2004, 06:08 PM
1. MASH
2. Married with Children
3. Cheers
4. Night Court
5. The Shield
6. NYPD Blue
7. The Tracy Ulman Show
9. SNL
10. Crank Yankers

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Baywatch! :cool:

Space 1999.

The Daily Show.
Yes, a Stephen Colbert with a God Machine would rock. :D

I have yet to see the King of the Hill figure in stores, but I love that show and want some figures from it. In addition to the current seven, they should also make Kahn, John Redcorn, Joseph, Kahn Jr./Connie, Cotton, and Chuck Mangione. ;) :D

Rocketboy
12-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Joel, Mike, Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, Gypsy, Timmy (Evil Crow), Dr. Forrester, TV's Frank, Torgo. (Maybe More)Oh snap! I forgot about MST3K! They would be sweet!

actually, i started this as a joke, (i.e. full house...) but the others would kick! imagine perfect strangers figures that talked? Don't be ridiculous!

Sorry, I had to do it!
:D

Bobby Fett
12-19-2004, 10:43 PM
MST3K

Fireball XL-5

A good rendition of the original Cylons (Battlestar Gallactica)

Slicker
12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I want figures from "Mama's Family". Can you imagine having a Vint and Naomi 2-pack. They could even release the RV they lived in towards the end of the show. These would rock.

Fluke Skywalker
01-14-2005, 09:09 AM
1. Airwolf: I don't know why they never made figures and a scale Airwolf helicopter. They made a Blue Thunder chopper for Pete's sake. (I had one)

2. Street Hawk: You can see where I'm going with these. 80's "Super vehicle" shows.

And while we're at it, I wish they'd bring back a line of Thudercats figures.

Jayspawn
01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Ahem, BATMAN!

Batman (Adam West) w/ removable mask and batterang!
Robin (Burt Ward) w/ removable mask and batterang
The Joker (Cesar Romero) w/ removable mask and flowers!
Catwoman (Julie Neumar) w/ removable mask!
The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) w/ removable mask, hat, cane and riddles!
and The Penguin (Burgess Merideth) w/ removable mask and umbrella!

all of the coming with episode themed accessories! Man, I should have my own toy company!

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
I say get some 24 figures out there. That would be sweet.

So Solid Jedi
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, definitely Knightrider for me!

LTBasker
03-21-2005, 11:29 PM
StargateStargateStargateStargateStargateStargateSt argateStargateStargateStargate

:D

Series 1: Earlier Seasons
Jack O'Neill with MP5, Hat, Sunglasses, Beretta, Vest and piece of Stargate

Samantha Carter with MP5, Helmet, Beretta, Vest, SGC Code device, piece of Stargate

Teal'C with Staff, Zat, Vest, Beretta, piece of Stargate

Daniel Jackson with Beretta, Vest, Boonie Hat, random books, Dial Home Device and clear plastic "wormhole pool" for activated Stargate effect

General Hammond with base piece of Stargate, Iris, red phone, and mission report files?

Jakob Carter with Zat, piece of Stargate with Chevrons (so the piece will be able to rotate on a full gate), and a couple of the weapons they used against the Retoo (sp?)

I figure 6 figures per series would be best considering the 12 figures per case thing seems universal now.

Series 2: Later on and and random
Jack O'Niell (different style) with P90, different vest, hat, sunglasses, home-made ZPM

Samantha Carter (different style) with P90, different vest, "Carter Special" M4, Zat

Teal'C in Gao'ould armor/disguise with full-helmet, "revealed" helmet, staff, zat, gao'ould contact orb

Gao'ould warrior 1 slightly different body than Teal'C, maybe with different heads and different style helmets for both warriors?

Gao'ould warrior 2 [read above]

Apophis maybe?

One important thing would be a large reuse of accessories and parts for Series 2 since the gate accessories from Series 1 would probably take a lot of money to do.

vader121
03-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Battlestar Galactica = Must Haves!
V
Tour of Duty
Hogan's Heroes
A Team
Star Wars Christmas Special lol

El Chuxter
09-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I think we need Deadwood action figures. But only if they have talking sound chips.

Imagine the possibilities!

There could be a playset of Wu's slaughterhouse. Put a figure in the pig pen, push a button, and the figure swaps out through a trapdoor in the bottom, leaving only mangled bones.

Maybe Mattel could get the license and produce figures the way they do the Batman license. "Oh no, Space Ninja E B Farnum and Al Swearengen in Pirate Disguise are trying to steal gold off the Widow Garrett's claim? Look! It's Neon Green Urban Camo Bullock with his Rocket Skateboard and Dino Buddy to the rescue!!"

Ji'dai
09-22-2005, 09:00 PM
I think we need Deadwood action figures. But only if they have talking sound chips.

Imagine the possibilities!

There could be a playset of Wu's slaughterhouse. Put a figure in the pig pen, push a button, and the figure swaps out through a trapdoor in the bottom, leaving only mangled bones.

Maybe Mattel could get the license and produce figures the way they do the Batman license. "Oh no, Space Ninja E B Farnum and Al Swearengen in Pirate Disguise are trying to steal gold off the Widow Garrett's claim? Look! It's Neon Green Urban Camo Bullock with his Rocket Skateboard and Dino Buddy to the rescue!!" I dunno, I'm not sure a "Trixie the *****" action figure would be a wholesome toy for today's youngsters ;) If you bought a ToyBiz LOTR Wormtongue, you could customize him into Doc Cochran. Brad Dourif played both roles.

The last decent Western figure we got was the McFarlane Billy the Kid in Monsters 3. It came with a pinewood coffin and corpse. Nice sculpt and detailing though not a historically accurate likeness; and like all McF stuff, it was basically a statue. You had to buy an accessories pack in order to get his six-shooters.

McFarlane also released Gunslinger Spawn in a recent series. A 12" version is due out soon.

Dusty Trail has a couple of nice looking western figures, Tombstone US Marshall and the Outlaw, but I don't have any of them.

decadentdave
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I want my Vic Mackey 12" and Barn Playset with exclusive David Aceveda figure. And how about a Strike Team Battle Pack with Vic, Shane, and Lem. How about a "Quick-Change" Julien figure that transforms from Police Officer to Twink Boy in 1.5 seconds. And how about a Dutch Boy fig with kitty-killer action. How about a Detective Waggonbach and Claudette 2-pack. How about an after-hours Danny figure so she can have some on-the-side action with Vic. Oh man, I could go on. This line would rival Star Wars in scale.

sergiurusu
07-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Aeon Flux the animated series...

JimJamBonds
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Which TV shows need action figures

Night Court.

Kidhuman
07-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Deadwood need figures

El Chuxter
09-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Deadwood still tops my list.

However, I have a new second choice. Although it may be the worst animated sci-fi series ever (and quite intentionally so), I'd kill for Tek Jansen action figures. Particularly if they made some oddball choices, like a dead Kevin, or a "Great lovin'--let's eat!" variant of Tek Jansen.

BountyHunterScum
09-20-2006, 02:10 PM
1. Airwolf: I don't know why they never made figures and a scale Airwolf helicopter. They made a Blue Thunder chopper for Pete's sake. (I had one)

2. Street Hawk: You can see where I'm going with these. 80's "Super vehicle" shows.

And while we're at it, I wish they'd bring back a line of Thudercats figures.

They did make scale Airwolves and a Streethawk figure with Bike. Aoshima makes a die cast Airwolf. Funskool india made the Streethawk stuff. Another thing too, someone does make Married with Children figures.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=797

Rocketboy
09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Firefly: The entire main cast and a Serenity playset.
Villains: Reaver(s), The Blue hand guys, and the assassin from the movie - to start.

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Sportscenter needs action figures. :D &

Rocketboy
09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
With Stuart Scott's creepy eyes? No thank you.

But I would have liked a mulleted Barry Melrose...back when ESPN carried hockey.

figrin bran
09-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Battlestar Galactica - the current series

and who among us that are football fans wouldn't buy Madden & Michaels figures?

Kidhuman
09-21-2006, 07:15 AM
But I would have liked a mulleted Barry Melrose...back when ESPN carried hockey.

YOu could get old school and get Rich Eisen and Keith Olberman. Each one comes with there catch phrases too.

Scott: Boo-yah
Rich: No fuit cup for you
K.O.: Yahtzee

and so on.....

Blackthorpe
10-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Firefly figs top my list. I would buy those immediately if I were to see them, no question.

I'd also buy a Sheriff Tom Underlay figure from "Invasion," maybe even the other characters.

Battlestar would be great, both new and old.

Maybe CSI

How about Cheers and/or Frasier?

These have been made before, but again and better would be good:
CHiPs
Knight Rider
The A-Team

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
New idea here, folks. How about figures from HEROES, made by either NECA or McFarlane. Similar to the "Lost" line. Each figure could have a base representing their power and a soundchip. Or the bases could connect to form the show's logo, the solar eclipse. The first wave could consist of:

Peter Petrelli
Nathan Petrelli
Claire Bennett
Hiro Nakamura
Nikki Sanders w/ Micah
Sylar
and a variant Future Hiro figure w/ kitana and "save the cheerleader, save the world" soundchip.

Wave II could have:
D.L. Hawkins
Mr. Bennett (Horn Rimmed Glasses)
Mohinder Suresh
Matt Parkman
Isaac Mendez (with variant "freaky eyes" head)
Ted
and maybe a variant of Ted going nuclear?

NBC needs to market the hell out of this, and this is a great way to do it. After all, the show is getting a rabid fanbase. What do you guys think?

figrin bran
12-06-2006, 09:28 PM
i would be a completist of a Heroes line! i've even been looking for custom fodder to make my own but haven't found anything suitable yet.

DarkArtist
12-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Ahem, BATMAN!

Batman (Adam West) w/ removable mask and batterang!
Robin (Burt Ward) w/ removable mask and batterang
The Joker (Cesar Romero) w/ removable mask and flowers!
Catwoman (Julie Neumar) w/ removable mask!
The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) w/ removable mask, hat, cane and riddles!
and The Penguin (Burgess Merideth) w/ removable mask and umbrella!

all of the coming with episode themed accessories! Man, I should have my own toy company!

you read my mind but you forgot to put a kick *ss Batmobile into the mix. Also would love a Commissioner Gorden and Chief O'Hara, with squad car and a Alfred with blinking bat-phone accessory.

Also would love figures of Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, A-Team, TJ Hooker, and my sister would love figures based on the show Lizzie McGuire.