PDA

View Full Version : Howsabout showing some love for Qui-Gon?

El Chuxter
12-20-2004, 02:26 PM
The last Qui-Gon figure we got was the Saga Qui-Gon from summer of 2002, which was actually designed quite some time earlier for a two-pack that never happened.

I realize that at one point collectors were wailing about the glut of various Qui-Gons flooding the marketplace, but those days are long gone. We want a figure of the esteemed Master Jinn that doesn't look ridiculous when we display it with the more recent figures, particularly the VOTC and "POTC" figures.

Not only does Liam Neeson give the single best performance of Episode I, but Qui-Gon is the glue that holds together the befuddled mess that is The Phantom Menace.

In a recent poll of the most wanted Unleashed figure (currently in process, and the results will be posted here soon), Qui-Gon easily took the top spot, beating out such fan favorites as Scout Troopers and ARC Troopers, as well as every other Jedi character possible. At least one contributor said that an Unleashed Qui-Gon is "way overdue," and most expressed confusion that he hadn't already been produced instead of a second Luke Skywalker or an Aayla Secura.

Qui-Gon is the only truly great thing about The Phantom Menace. Please give us a new 3.75" scale figure who shines as brightly as any of the VOTC figures, and consider him strongly when making decisions about upcoming figures in the Unleashed, Galactic Heroes, and other SW lines.

Kidhuman
12-20-2004, 09:51 PM
I second what he typed. Qui-Gon is essential and needs to be re-done. He needs a new mold and Super ARticulation. He is one of my favorite Prequel Character and we demand one now.

stillakid
12-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I disagree with what he typed. ;)

Not only was Qui Gon one of the reasons for TPM being a complete disaster, but one version of him was more than enough. I vote that Hasbro spends more energy on more worthy characters. :D

DarkArtist
12-25-2004, 09:27 AM
I can side with both arguments of this thread. Yes we do need a Good Qui Gon, however there are other figures with the saga that first need to get the plastic treatment. Just look at our most wanted and top figures that still need to be produced lists. These figures should come first. If Hasbro does indeed have the license till 2018 then there is more that enough time to rehash older figures as well as resculpt those figure that so desperately need them, ie Arena Padme, Arena Kenobi, Qui Gon. :)

TheDarthVader
01-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I'd buy another Qui Gon if it were good enough. I want a great face sculpt, nice paint, great articulation, nice accessories (like a comlink, lightsaber, lightsaber hilt). I would definitely buy this figure...nudge,nudge HASBRO. So get to work on the perfect Qui Gon. Please. Thanks.

B.
TDV

Darth Sisko
01-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I would like to second the need for an Unleashed Qui-Gon.

Aurra Sing gets the unleashed treatment when characters like Qui-Gon and Lando have been passed up, so far at least, c'mon Hasbro. Get on the ball!lol

Darth Sisko :Pirate:

Slicker
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I actually thought Qui-Gon was a great character in TPM. I'm hoping they bring him back for ROTS. I'm surprised they haven't flooded the market with him. He's a Jedi which kids love and he's an essential character for scenes such as Tycho's.

If you want an Unleashed Qui-Gon the closest you're gonna get is the Epic Force style one released after TPM.

Devo
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
I think there has been a number of excellent Qui gons already - Naboo, jedi master and the one from the Episode 1 cinema scene was superb if quite scene specific. Decent Episode II Anakins and Obi Wans are non-existant however (possible exception Tusken camp Anakin - who was lacking the appropriate outfit incidentally) Proper lightsaber dueling and neutral-posed Anakins and Obi wans in jedi robes should be core character priorities when Hasbro return to the first two prequels after the ROTS glut.

jedi-cpa
02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Qui Gon unleashed...great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 3 3/4 fig...PLEASE NO!!!!! I've had enough.

Qui qon and wasn't there another qui gon that looked almost exactly the same with a cloth front to his gee? Or was that just Obi Wan? All my stuff is still packed since I moved.
Qui QOn in a Robe
Qui gon w/ sabre overhead
Qui Gon in Bespin Guard uniform
Qui Gon in a poncho in the eopie
Qui gon with blast deflecting plastic thingy on a saga card
Qui Gon Swimming with the fishes
The deluxe qui gon on a stick

That is AT LEAST 8!!! I need another Qui Gon like I need another hole in the head!

El Chuxter
07-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm not trying out my Caesar impression by digging this up (:p), but want to make sure my facts are straight, and this is as good a place as any.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of July 18, 2006, there has still not been a new sculpt or even re-release of a Qui-Gon figure since the mediocre Saga version in 2002, nor is there one planned in the upcoming TPM waves of the Saga II line. Right?

And, while we're at it, there've been. . .

1) No Jar Jar Binks figures since May 2002
2) No Mace Windu figures without action features (meaning no AOTC/ROTS Mace Windus) since May 1999
3) No Jango Fett figures without action features since March 2002

I am correct, correct?

Phantom-like Menace
07-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Neeson rocked. Qui-Gon rocked even harder. I'd love to get an awesome new Qui-Gon.

Kidhuman
07-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Chux, you seem corect to me. Although I dont know if the new Mace in the battle pack has action features on him or not.

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
frankly, one of the best mace figures is the originale ep.1 version. so im kindof hoping it him, maybe with added articulation and maybe a soft good skirt to (like thay did with the jedi council ki adi mundi) oh and chuxter, the last figure of mace with no action features was the jedi council one wich was actully really cool and he looked good in my geonosis diorama because the robe color looks more like the geonosis one then the ep.1 or 3 (wich are actully the same) the only proble was his right (or left, i forgot) was stuck in that 2 finger thinking pose.

InsaneJediGirl
08-25-2006, 05:55 AM
A new and greatly improved Qui-Gon would be nice,but I dont see it happening soon. I'm still waiting for Unleashed Qui in all his butt kicking glory :)

Jayspawn
08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
A new super-articulated Qui-Gon is a must!

I'd go for a 7" Unleashed Qui-Gon in a New York minute.

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Super-articulated Qui-Gon would be good, and he'd need universal-jointed hips because QGJ side-kicks in the movie. I'd like a better head sculpt for the character too, they've never done a particularly good likeness. We need an Ep 1 Obi-Wan and Maul who fit this bill too really.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-10-2006, 08:29 AM
i dont think that maul needs to be rdone, but maybr obers body does because it looks like the stuck a good ep.1 head cast on a ep.2 ober body (wich incedetally all sucked for dioramas except night clb encounter kenobi but his right hand was stuck n "force persasion... i pulled that and the peg out and replaced it with pilot obers) but it seems the new naboo obiwan is the sucky acklay battle kenobi with a ep.2 head.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Didn't they recently state that a new Qui-Gon is on the way for 2007?

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Didn't they recently state that a new Qui-Gon is on the way for 2007?
Aye, that they did...

Sept 1st:

Yakface.com: The Galactic Hunt Obi-Wan and the Evolutions Anakin are amazing sculpts. Also some of the Episode III sculpts including Ki Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto are fantastic. When will we see some more of these ""super articulated"" Jedi scupts. A Qui-Gonn Jinn akin to the Anakin and Obi-Wan previously mentioned would be very exciting to fans, as would any other SA type Jedi, including Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, and Bariss Offee. Also, is the upcoming Yarrel Poof figure an improved sculpt over the Jedi Council figure?

Hasbro: Thanks for the comment. We do have some of the other Jedi that we want to do in an updated, SA (super-articulated) manner, and Qui-Gon is going to get that treatment sometime in 2007. Other that you mention will be updated, but not next year…. they are slated for further out figures. Yarael Poof is the same figure as the Jedi Council version, with a lightsaber this time.

Jargo
10-16-2006, 05:29 PM
better come with a soft goods cloak. And look like Liam Neeson rather than Jesus.

JediTricks
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
This reminds me, when I resent our lost question about Qui-Gon & Jango this last Friday, I changed it to Ep 1 Obi-Wan & Jango so as not to waste time with old news. I had only a few minutes to decide which figure to put in Qui-Gon's place in the question, I didn't want it to just be about Jango and that's the one I came up with.

pegger
10-17-2006, 08:59 PM
better come with a soft goods cloak. And look like Liam Neeson rather than Jesus.

Jesus with a lightsabre! That would rock!!!

JediTricks
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Jesus with a lightsabre! That would rock!!!
Nah, he'd never use it except maybe to cut up loaves of bread and fishes to feed hungry people with.

pegger
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Nah, he'd never use it except maybe to cut up loaves of bread and fishes to feed hungry people with.

Depends on which right wing religious nut you listen too!

Jargo
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Jesus was a Ninja. How else could he just vanish into thin air? Lightningfastquickspeedy reactions of a NINJA!:ninja:
So, having a lightsaber would be just like a weapon he'd be used to only a handier size - when the blade is retracted.

AND possibly a lot lighter...

And the blades come in various outfit matching colours too!

ACE! :thumbsup: