PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Questions for Gentle Giant & Code 3

JediTricks
12-21-2004, 09:50 PM
SSG will be heading to New York Toy Fair in a few weeks, and will have the chance to ask Gentle Giant some of your questions. While it may not be possible to get all your questions asked, we will do our best to represent you, the SSG readers. So please post your GG questions here in this thread.

Also, Code 3 has been added since they're both "Other" Star Wars licensees, so any Code 3 questions can go here as well.

Thanks!

Reefer Shark
12-22-2004, 12:41 AM
I have a question for Gentle Giant:

Any chance we'll see a re-issue of some of the older, more popular busts? I would love a second chance at Vader, Boba Fett, and Yoda since those came out before I started collecting the line.

Thanks!

dr_evazan22
12-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Will we see any GG statues (2 or more) that can be stand alone or put together to make a scene?

10 years ago or so, CinemaCast made a Vader statue and was planning an Old Ben matching statue. Vader was recently rereleased when ShopStarWars opened up.

JediTricks
12-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Evazan, on your question, do you mean something like "Will we see any GG statues that can be put together with other statues to make a scene?" or am I missing the point of your question?

stillakid
12-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Question:

You do such nice likenesses, in particular the Bikerscout. However I personally don't have any affinity for busts which really are just half of the character. Is there any possibility of Gentle Giant adding full figures to the line?

dr_evazan22
12-22-2004, 10:21 PM
JT - Yes, that's what I meant. ty

Reefer Shark
12-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Question:

You do such nice likenesses, in particular the Bikerscout. However I personally don't have any affinity for busts which really are just half of the character. Is there any possibility of Gentle Giant adding full figures to the line?Hey Stillakid,
They actually do have a full figure line. So far there is Chewy, C3-P0, and they just announced a 15" Vader (which looks awesome BTW). Although, I don't think any have actually been released yet...

I think I'm gonna pre-order that Vader :smoker:

[DSS]Pedr0
12-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Seen him for $179 shipped.

JediTricks
12-24-2004, 03:31 PM
JT - Yes, that's what I meant. ty
Cool, thanks.

dr_evazan22
12-24-2004, 05:26 PM
And also ask about the line of helmets that are supposed to be coming out. What's the delay? Are they still scheduled for production? And what's going on with the bust-ups?

mastermatt24
12-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Why is everything so expensive? I dont even bother with these becuase they are way too expensive. :ermm:

InsaneJediGirl
12-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Any plans for more maquettes?Either more Clone Wars characters or perhaps OT characters?

JediTricks
01-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok, only 1 more day to get in any more questions, so whatever you've got, let 'er rip!

stillakid
01-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Why is everything so expensive? I dont even bother with these becuase they are way too expensive. :ermm:

Ditto. Ask 'em to drop the price to something remotely reasonable for a dust collector and I'll consider adding Gentle Giant to the list.

mastermatt24
01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
YES!!!! Exactly.... Expensive pretty dust collectors. :D

Jayspawn
01-04-2005, 10:29 AM
How about mini-busts of principal Episode I characters like Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul?

I'd like to see mini-busts of classic Star Wars characters like Han Solo, Princess Leia or Ben Kenobi in regular casual attire rather than in Stormtrooper or Boussh disguises.

What do you have lines up for Episode III: Revenge of the Sith?

JediTricks
01-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Looks like we missed it. :( I'll let you know more when I have more to tell.

Reefer Shark
01-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey JT,
I remember seeing Gentle Giants answers on another website about a week ago (or so). They had many of the questions from this thread, including mine - word for word.

I'll go through my favorites and see if I can find it.

----- edit ----

Found it. The answers were posted at Rebelscum on 1/5, click the Ogre for the link ---------> :Ogre: (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=88700)

mastermatt24
01-17-2005, 12:24 AM
There still too expensive. :dis:

Jayspawn
01-17-2005, 12:28 AM
As far as Mini-Busts go in general, Gentle Giant busts are fairly priced. $40-50 is standard retail for busts these days unless they happen to be a Deluxe kinda deal where you get more for your money. Its the after-market that is unreasonable!

Reefer Shark
01-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, pretty much all minibusts (from any company) retail anywhere from $40 - $60 (depending on size, accessories, etc..). Hell, some of those Dynamic Forces comic character busts run even more than that.

The maquettes and statues on the other hand, are a bit overpriced. I'll agree with you that one mastermatt.

mastermatt24
01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
The maquettes and statues on the other hand, are a bit overpriced. I'll agree with you that one mastermatt.

YEAH!! I was soooo excited when I saw those.. But then later I saw/heard the price somewhere and I was like screw that. Ill just have to stick to my unleashed.. :cry:

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Recycling this thread since it's the same thing basically, but at a new event. Of course, all the questions here that we didn't get a chance to ask last time will be included, but if you have any NEW questions to add, post 'em here!

Also, if you have any questions of any other SW licensees you want Steve to ask, feel free to post them in here, just let me know which licensee you are addressing the question to so I can put it in the right list.

Reefer Shark
02-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I have another question for GG:

What is their policy on replacement parts? Can we order replacements for broken sabers, helmets, etc... ?

Sith Lord 0498
02-03-2005, 10:09 PM
When will the Armory Collection previewed last year be released and at what price point?

What are their plans for ROTS mini-busts and will they be increasing edition sizes to allow for more availability?

gsr-jedi
02-03-2005, 10:43 PM
How can I get on the list that gets holiday gifts such as the Gold & Chrome Sandtrooper?

sith_killer_99
02-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I like the question about replacement parts. One of my Stormtroopers has a cracked finger on one of his hands, but I'm not gonna shell out $45.00 for another Stormtrooper.

GG has said that they will not re-release any of the mini busts, because they said they were "limited editions" and they wanted to be fair to collectors who already have those busts. So what about redoing certain characters (different poses) in "non-limited edition" numbers. Like Fett and Vader (I didn't really like their Vader anyway :p ).

What's up with the helmets?

As for their statues I could care less, my Koto's ROCK and they have reasonable price tags, IMO.

Will we see any other OT Imperial bad guys in the near future? It seems they already have the setup to release a Sandtrooper mini bust! OT Bounty Hunters? Or will they be concentrating on ROTS stuff for 2005?

When can we expect to see something for Bust-Ups series 4?

Why do they advertise soo many of their mini busts on their website when you can't buy them there? In other words why not just label them as "sold out" instead of having a box that says "add to cart". Then when we try to add it to the cart it says "sold out"! It just get's our hopes up and crushes them!

Any chance of doing a line of 4 or 6 inch statues, like the Bust-Ups but the whole figure, something for say $10-$15 each? :D

How many of each "Black Hole" Stormtroopers were produced? And why didn't I get one... :p

Why wasn't the Boba Fett mini bust limited to say 25,000, instead of a meager 7,500? It seems you could have made more money that way?

Oh, and what is up with those freaky looking bust without arms? They weird me out! I can barely look at 'em without thinking they've all had their arms amputuated...freaky...just....freaky!

Oh and kudos on the Deluxe Stormtrooper as well as the SSW.com Stormtrooper Bust-Ups, I love the variety of poses! Any chance of them doing something like it for say...a Sandtrooper mini bust?

Oh and finally, will they be releasing a regular color Sandtrooper mini bust in the near future and if so will it be in a deluxe style like the Stormtrooper with interchangable arms, weapons, binocs? Maybe with interchangable pauldrons? Orange, White, Black, etc. If so, would they consider increasing the production numbers for that piece? Say 20,000!

P.S. JT, the really important questions are in bold lettering! ;)

[Davin Felth]
02-04-2005, 08:47 PM
How can I get on the list that gets holiday gifts such as the Gold & Chrome Sandtrooper?
Now being a collector of Stormtrooper items i was, lets say a little p***ed when i found out about this item being an "insider" exclusive, thats one way to loose fans. Also i see some of those fortunate soles are now selling there prized "gifts" on ebay for extortionate amounts $3000 and $2500 so it looks like someone has cashed in. Another way to look at it is there doing us (the collectors) a favour by giving us the chance to own one of these beauties. But at what price, my wife would have a fit.

Oh and finally, will they be releasing a regular color Sandtrooper mini bust in the near future and if so will it be in a deluxe style like the Stormtrooper with interchangable arms, weapons, binocs? Maybe with interchangable pauldrons? Orange, White, Black, etc. If so, would they consider increasing the production numbers for that piece? Say 20,000!
I couldn't of put it better myself, and it would in a way eliviate the pain suffered by my first remark about the sandtrooper exclusive.

On a final note i would like to add a question:Dear Gentle Giant, would it be possible to allow an increase in edition numbers so as not to let prices sky rocket. I would much prefer you to get the profits than some greedy ebayer or similar seller. And regards to the chrome and gold sandtrooper, i hate you i hate you i hate you :p

ps, I don't realy hate you, thanks for the great busts.
pps, Can you ask Gentle Giant to add a little weathering on the Sandtrooper bust as it looks too much like the deluxe stromtrooper bust.They are supposed to be dirty afterall and a few manufactures get this wrong.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Just to keep everybody in the loop, the deadline for questions is this Sunday.