PDA

View Full Version : Kotobukiya

Pages : [1] 2

mm74md
12-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Does anyone else collect Kotobukiya Star Wars items? If so, what do you have & what is your favorite.

So far I have Vader, Maul, Jango, Boba, and the Clone Trooper. These are some of my favorite items to collect & only buy them when I can get them under $75.

I have to say that the Boba Fett is amazing & by far the best of what I have seen in person. I'm really looking forward to the Yoda & Sandtrooper coming out in 2005

sith_killer_99
12-22-2004, 05:16 PM
I had the chance to pick these up while I was in Japan. I bought Vader, Maul, Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper/Luke Trooper. I love these! I plan on buying the Yoda and Sandtrooper as well. I want to stick to the OT...non-human sculpts. Darth Maul being the one exception, he just looks tooooooo cool!

Jayspawn
12-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Whats the deal with the Stormtrooper/Luke Kotobukiya? Has it been released or not? Does anybody know a good place where I can get one online? I'm holding out for this one and maybe Boba Fett.

I'd get the Darth Vader but I'm holding out for the Statues by Gentle Giant or Sideshow.

Turbowars
12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
They do look nice, but they seem to be priced way to high. Another thing is, the up and coming Sandtrooper exclusives look to be a real pain to get a hold of. GG already gives me the run for my $.

sith_killer_99
12-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Stormtrooper Luke was released. I got mine for about $70.00 in Japan. I'm not sure about any good websites, but this thing ROCKS!!! Believe it or not I found Vader, Maul and Boba collecting dust at a TRU in Japan!!! I think most of them go for around $100.00 here in the states.

I love the GG stuff, but I am sticking to the OT mini busts and the Bust-Ups lines. BTW, does anyone else find the mini busts without arms too freaky...Mace...Amidala...Zam...FREAKY!!!

The statues are way tooo expensive for me!!! I'm just a humble enlisted man. ;)

Koto is cheaper than the GG statues and bigger, with exceptional detail! :D

Samuel Windu
12-27-2004, 04:25 AM
Upcoming is Yoda,Han Solo,Chewbacca & Sandtrooper :)

There will be 3 versions of Sandtrooper:

Sandtrooper w/orange pad
Sandtrooper w/white pad - limited to 1000 pieces & Japanese only.
Sandtrooper w/black pad - Japan TRU only.

The base of Han Solo can connect with Chewie'e base.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sith_killer_99
12-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Han is already out. :eek:

Jayspawn
12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm gonna do some hunting then for the Stormtrooper Kotobukiya.

GGs mini-busts without the arms dont bother me any.

mm74md
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Sadly if your local comic book shop doesn't carry them, then you'll need to look on eBay for a bargain. www.toynk.com has them on their site, but they do list on eBay at lower prices that are better looking to me.

ds6161
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
OK Starwars.com (http://www.tkqlhce.com/ma77lnwtnvACFHIIBBACBEHEEBB) has the white & black Pal up for sale...

But what about the Orange Pal dude ...

I must have.... is it an exclusive somewhere??

thankz
May the Force be with You..

sith_killer_99
01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
I am!!!

These things are just waaaaaay too cool. Maybe it's because I have fallen in love with these Koto statues, now that I have them, or maybe it's because of my current obsession with OT Imperial Troops, but I must have these. I pre-ordered them today on shopstarwars.com!

As for the Orange pauldron guy, it looks like he will be a Japanese exclusive, limited edition, which probably means he will go for twice the price on Ebay. I checked shopstarwars and EE, and they don't have anything on the Orange Sandtrooper. :(

These are soo cool, from what I read you will be able to interchange them to make all kinds of cool poses!

Jayspawn
01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm still trying to track down a basic Stormtrooper Koto. The hunt goes on...

sith_killer_99
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Umm, have you tried here:

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=257

The only draw back is that it dosen't ship til June 05.

sith_killer_99
01-05-2005, 12:40 PM
oops double post. :D

Jayspawn
01-06-2005, 11:00 AM
BigBadToyStore.com just got in several Kotos!

Yoda $64.99
Darth Vader $139.99
Darth Maul $99.99
Boba Fett $99.99
Jango Fett $ 104.99
Stormtrooper $99.99
Han Solo $99.99

mm74md
01-06-2005, 01:57 PM
BigBadToyStore.com just got in several Kotos!
Darth Vader $139.99

What a rip! :mad: That is way too much I think. Considering I got it for $70 from toynk.com

sith_killer_99
01-09-2005, 05:20 PM
RS has the inside scoop on a new Scout Trooper from Koto due out in Japan in March!!! This thing is as sweet as the others! Though I would prefer a standing pose (like the upcoming Sandtroopers) as opposed to the quick draw action pose. I am still stoked about this!

Here are links to the pics:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/kotobukiya-scouttrooper1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/kotobukiya-scouttrooper2.jpg

Who else is going to be getting one of these? :D

Turbowars
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
I was looking at the new Sandtrooper and I'm kind of turned off by them for one reason. The stance looks feminine, like there's girl under the uniform, maybe women or gays in the military in the SW universe.

Reefer Shark
01-09-2005, 06:08 PM
The only reason I don't collect these is because I can't afford to get into another line.

I gotta say though, that Scout Trooper is tempting.... You know they'll do a Snowtrooper too, I bet that will be pretty damn cool.

mm74md
01-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Biker Scout looks awesome!!! It's going to be an expensive year once again!

ds6161
01-13-2005, 01:25 PM
starwarsshop.com now has the orange Pal up for sell...........

sith_killer_99
01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Got it! Thanks for the heads up! :D

[Davin Felth]
02-04-2005, 09:49 PM
You guys have all the luck :( what with your exclusives and the fanbase that will undoubtebly import the rest from Japan. I live in the UK so i will have to sit it out untill they become available over here and for Double or even triple the price i hasten to add :cry: . That ScoutTrooper is kinda tempting but i'll be sticking to the Sandtroopers and i've already got the Stormtrooper. Don't you guys just hate waiting for these after you hear there available.

Reefer Shark
02-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I cracked and got my first Kotobukiya. I picked up Boba Fett at a local comic store for $80.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing! Its much sturdier and heavier than I thought it would be, and the detail is amazing. I'm very happy with it!

I'm thinking about getting some more. Maybe some imperial troops, the clone trooper, or possibly Darth Maul. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? :)

sith_killer_99
02-11-2005, 07:13 AM
Congrats on finding Fett for $80.00, that's about $20.00 less than anywhere else here in the states. Fett is one of my favorite Koto's.

I love these things, but I don't care for the "human" figures too much, ie Anakin, Mace, Han, etc.

I went with the Stormtrooper/Luke Trooper, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Boba Fett. I also per-bought all 3 Sandtroopers and I plan on getting the Yoda and Scout Trooper.

I prefer these to statues, the price is better and they are very detailed and sturdy as you said, not as likely to get broken. That's kind of important for me, as we tend to move every 3-4 years.

I have kept all my packing boxes for the Gentle Giants stuff and they tend to take up a lot of room after a while.

For your second one I would go with Darth Vader. Fett and Vader were the first 2 I bought while I was in Japan. Then I bought Luke/Stormtrooper and Darth Maul. I passed on Han and the Clone Troopers (yep I actually saw the color Clones in Japan, limited to 1,000 each, but I passed). I prefer to stick to the OT figures. With the price of these things I have to keep my Koto collection pretty focused, so Darth Maul is the only PT Koto figure I have.

Kotobukiya ROCKS!!!

I would like to see them do a Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot and another Stormtrooper with a couple of interchangable arms for various poses!!! They could just do a basic Stormie and then reuse the arms they made for the Sandtroopers in basic white (no sand paint job) and call it a deluxe...Gentle Giants style!!! :D

mm74md
02-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm thinking about getting some more. Maybe some imperial troops, the clone trooper, or possibly Darth Maul. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? :)

Darth Maul & Vader should be on the top of your list. I have those two, the Fett family, and a white Clone Trooper. I don't care for the human ones like sith_killer_99 said. I want a Stormtrooper & the Sandtroopers. I can't wait to find Yoda.

Brainiak76
02-12-2005, 05:05 PM
these look terrific...i cant decide whcih to get first..vader or maul... :confused:

Reefer Shark
02-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Right on, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm with you in that I don't really like the human kits either. The facial likeness doesn't seem right on any of those IMO.

So I ended up getting a second already - a white clone trooper. I picked it up at a comic shop for $75. I really dig it! Vader and Maul are most likely the next ones I'll get. :smoker:

sith_killer_99
02-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Nice score!

The Clone is a nice figure, I was pretty tempted, but as I said...must...stay...focused. :speech:

I see you also have the Gentle Giants Clone Trooper mini bust. Also a nice piece. ;) Again, I had to stay focued on the OT stuff. Too many great collectibles and too little money. :(

stillakid
02-15-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't usually pay attention to these things, but the Star Wars Shop email I got with the Biker Scout just sucked me in. I hadn't seen this before. So of course I couldn't help myself and ordered one. While I was there I wandered the virtual aisles and also ordered a Darth Vader statue (cha-ching), a Darth Vader Figural Mug (it looked cool...so sue me), and a Hoth Battle Snow Globe (I figured, what the hay). Plus I get a Free Gift: a Topps Revenge of the Sith Promo Card.

Can't wait for this bill to come in, eh? :D

Reefer Shark
02-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Nice score!

The Clone is a nice figure, I was pretty tempted, but as I said...must...stay...focused. :speech:

I see you also have the Gentle Giants Clone Trooper mini bust. Also a nice piece. ;) Again, I had to stay focued on the OT stuff. Too many great collectibles and too little money. :(

I know what you mean... I'm trying to stay focused, but y'know how it is with this stuff. I try to collect all the troopers, bounty hunters, and Sith with the busts and statues. Although if some other character really strikes me, I'll probably break my little formula and buy it. This will probably happen when I see the ESB Yoda...

-------------

Stillakid, that Scout looks awesome! I'll be picking that one up as well. SWS.com is a dangerous place. I just finished placing the two exclusive Koto Sandtroopers on pre-order. I figure this will be my only chance to get them at retail price (with the low production run and all). Can't wait to get them next month! :D

....although I don't really know how I'm going to be able to afford them yet. Still need to figure that one out :crazed:

sith_killer_99
02-25-2005, 12:20 PM
So who got the Sandtrooper Corporal (Black Pauldron) on pre-order?

Right now I have a lot of these on order, so far:

Sandtrooper Black Pauldron
Sandtrooper White Pauldron
Sandtrooper Orange Pauldron
Scout Trooper
Yoda (ESB)

Whew!!! Total with shipping is just short of $500.00!!!

mm74md
02-25-2005, 02:55 PM
So who got the Sandtrooper Corporal (Black Pauldron) on pre-order?

I was thinking about it. I really want the white one so that's all I have pre-ordered right now. I'll wait to get the orange either in a local shop or something.

Reefer Shark
02-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I have the two exclusives on pre-order from SWS.com, but I'm gonna try to get the rest locally. All the comic shops around here usually sell them for around $80.

edit:
Oh yeah... I don't know why I didn't mention this before. Last week I scored a Jango Koto. My lady had gotten me a gift certificate for Tower for $50 for V-day. They had the Jango on their website on sale for $69. So I ended up only paying around $27 on it.

Jango was never my first choice with these, but the price was to good to pass up. And now that I have it setup, I really like it!

Turbowars
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I think i mentioned this before, but doesn't the stance on these Sandtroopers look rather feminine? I would use another word, but it gets me in trouble around here. Please reply to this, because thats the only reason I'm not buying these troopers.

Reefer Shark
02-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I think i mentioned this before, but doesn't the stance on these Sandtroopers look rather feminine? I would use another word, but it gets me in trouble around here. Please reply to this, because thats the only reason I'm not buying these troopers.

LOL, Yeah I kinda noticed it when you mentioned it before. But after checking the pics out a few more times, it didn't really bother me anymore. I think it'll look very nice when all three are set up together. Plus the fact that they have interchangable arms helped unfluence my decision.

btw: Here's a pic of the Koto Jango next to Boba. I plan on making some sort of stand for him. He looks better up a little higher IMO, it helps the "flying" look.

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Some of the stances are a bit femanine, but I think they were going for more neutral poses. The Stormtrooper/Luke has a slightly femanine pose with his left hand/wrist. It dosen't really bother me. As Reefer Shark said, the arms are interchangable making for a variety of poses. Besides, I am a sucker for Imperial bad guys and Bounty Hunters.

BTW, the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper isn't listed on SSW.com anymore, it probably sold out. I believe it has the shortest run of all 3 Sandtroopers.

Reefer Shark
02-28-2005, 12:46 AM
BTW, the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper isn't listed on SSW.com anymore, it probably sold out. I believe it has the shortest run of all 3 Sandtroopers.

Yep, looks like the black one is the most popular. It went to out of stock status pretty quick at SSW.com. In fact I had originally missed out on ordering it, but it showed back up there a few days later and I jumped on it. They both had a run of 500, I think it's more popular because he has that cool rifle.

People are paying high dollars for the Japanese TRU exclusive (run of 1000 each) version on ebay, while it seems the white one doesn't get many bids at all.

Here's an auction that ended at $265 + $40 shipping. Someone paid $306 for one of these! :sur:

Koto Sandtrooper Corporal auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5958957781&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT)

sith_killer_99
02-28-2005, 06:54 AM
:eek:

Wow, I'm glad I got mine on pre-order when I did!

Reefer Shark
03-02-2005, 11:45 PM
StarWarsShop.com has posted the charges for the two Sandtrooper exclusives on my card today - so hopefully that means they will be shipping soon!

mm74md
03-03-2005, 09:36 AM
StarWarsShop.com has posted the charges for the two Sandtrooper exclusives on my card today - so hopefully that means they will be shipping soon!
Yeah, yeah. You'll get yours first as usual :) . Not only is it 15 degrees outside, but I gotta wait extra for SWS stuff to arrive!

sith_killer_99
03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Did anyone else get a crazy e-mail from SSW.com about their credit card being declined? I did, then they sent me another e-mail a few hours later apologizing and telling me that they hadn't attempted to charge my card yet, but they would try later that day. :crazed:

Anyway, it looks like my first 2 Sandtroopers will be here soon as well. :D

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, yeah. You'll get yours first as usual :) . Not only is it 15 degrees outside, but I gotta wait extra for SWS stuff to arrive!

Ahhhh... the benfits of living in Southern California :p

Hey sith_killer, I got those emails too. I had a mini heart attack, updated my credit card info at SWS.com, and emailed customer support - then I got the "nevermind" emails later like you did, so I guess it's all good.

Sith Lord 0498
03-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Did anyone else get a crazy e-mail from SSW.com about their credit card being declined? I did, then they sent me another e-mail a few hours later apologizing and telling me that they hadn't attempted to charge my card yet, but they would try later that day. :crazed:

Anyway, it looks like my first 2 Sandtroopers will be here soon as well. :D

I got the same e-mail yesterday. What's ticking me off a little bit is that the chrome Jango bust I ordered on 2/25 is still listed as "pending" even though the amount was deducted from my Visa's available credit yesterday. Shouldn't it have at least shipped by now???

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow and call if it's still pending. If it's on backorder or something, I think I'll just cancel it. It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase anyway. Not like I'll lose a lot of sleep over it.

sith_killer_99
03-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Glad to see it wasn"t just me. Too bad they put all of us through the heart ache of a bogus e-mail.

Reefer Shark
03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
My Sandtroopers showed up at work this morning. Pretty damn cool. Looks like they went a little crazy with the weathering paint, but it still looks very nice.

I'll put 'em together and take some pics later when I get home....

sith_killer_99
03-04-2005, 03:41 PM
According to the FedEx tracking, my Sandtroopers are in Rialto CA right now. It looks like they will be here next week. :D

Reefer Shark
03-05-2005, 01:22 AM
So I put my Sandtroopers together, and they are awesome! Congrats to you guys that got to order them too.

Here's a few pictures. The last one is a comparison shot with a Marmit Sandtrooper. It's amazing how much better the Kotobukiya version looks than the Marmit. :cool:

sith_killer_99
03-05-2005, 05:05 PM
SWEET!

Thanks for the pics. I may not even bother with the Marmit figures now. I have been contemplating buying them, but they would just be statues anyway. Besides with all 3 colors and interchangable arms the Kotos will probably blow them away. :D

sith_killer_99
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
The FedEx site says they are on the truck for delivery! Yeah! I told my wife to keep here ears open for the delivery guy. So I should have them tonight when I get home from work! I am sooo stoked about these!

ds6161
03-10-2005, 12:28 AM
2nd e-mail
I REALLY DON'T BELIVE THIS... What part of my e-mail don't you understand....

the stormtrooper statue has pegs sticking out of its feet so that when you
put it onto its base it will not fall over....
the holes in the base are 3 & 1/2 inch's apart...the pegs on the statues feet
are 3 inch's apart.. hence the statue does not fit onto the base...

before you ask the ststue's legs do not move......

ps is there a phone number for me to call customer service?? your web site
only gives an e-mail address...

responce from 1st e-mail

> Dear customer
>
> Exactly what are you referring to?
>
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
> Lauren
> Customer Service
> StarWarsShop.com
> --Original Message--
> From: Ds6161@wmconnect.com
> Date: 03/09/05
> To: customerservice@starwarsshop.com
> Subject: order # 0107081520 problem[#59235]
>
> I don't believe this...
> the feet pegs do not fit into the base!!!
> the holes need to be about 1 inch closer together diagonaly for the feet to
> fit....
> I could not find any part # on the base other than the standerd copyright
> stuff....
>
> what now????

ds6161
03-10-2005, 12:59 AM
now that I'm back from work (I got it right before I had to leave) & have time to look at it..my critic side kicks in..

why is the backpack on the corporal not weathered like the statue?? It looks like he just picked up a new pack...

other than that & my base not fitting this is super cool!!!!!!!!!!

sith_killer_99
03-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I just got both of my Koto Sandtroopers last night. I have 3 words for these guys....

Worth every penny!

I also noticed that the legs are not as wide as the peg holes, but the legs do spread enough to safely plant the pegs into the holes. I think they did it so that the legs would hold securly to the bases. Both my Corporal and my Sergeant are like this.

I also ordered the Squad leader (Orange Pauldron) which should ship within the next month or so. I am SOOOOO looking forward to my next Koto!

These things are so awesome! I also have the Scout Trooper and Yoda on pre-order! :D

mm74md
03-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I just got both of my Koto Sandtroopers last night. I have 3 words for these guys....

Worth every penny!

I'm at work and mine just arrived (Sergeant only). I REALLY want to open this guy up now! Can't wait to get home.

Reefer Shark
03-11-2005, 02:22 PM
The Koto Sandtroopers totally rock!

I just ordered a regular orange pauldron version from Action HQ.com. They have 'em in stock for $85.95. I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to get it so I can set up all three sandtroopers together!

mm74md
03-11-2005, 05:57 PM
The Koto Sandtroopers totally rock!

I just ordered a regular orange pauldron version from Action HQ.com. They have 'em in stock for $85.95. I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to get it so I can set up all three sandtroopers together!

You are a bad influence. I just ordered it too :greedy:

sith_killer_99
03-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Hmmm, that's 14.04 cheaper than SSW.com! :eek:

I already have mine on pre-order with SSW.com so I guess I will just wait for it to ship next month. :(

Oh well, that just gives me a little more time to recover from the $200 I just dropped on the first 2 Sandtroopers.

I can't wait for the Scout Trooper and Yoda as well.

Reefer Shark
03-15-2005, 01:33 AM
You are a bad influence. I just ordered it too :greedy:

Sweet, glad to be of assistance ;) . This is the first time I've ordered from these guys, and I didn't realize they're in Hong Kong until a few days ago. Hopefully our Sandtroopers arrive in a reasonable time frame.

----

Originally I wasn't going to buy any "human" Koto's, but I folded and bought the Mace/Yoda set (I mainly bought this for the Yoda..). After opeing it, I have to say it's a really nice set all around. Yoda and Mace have seperate bases that fit together to make one big base. This is cool if you only want to display the Yoda. The Clonetroopers base matches, so he fits right on with these guys.

sith_killer_99
03-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I was tempted to get that set when I was in Japan, but decided to hold off. Now that they have the ESB Yoda coming out I have no real interest in the Yoda/Mace set. It's cool and all, but I am trying soooooo hard to stick with OT Kotos only (Darth Maul aside). ;)

RS, do you have a Clonetrooper to set up with the Yoda and Mace? I would love to see a shot of all 3 of them together! :)

Reefer Shark
03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Here's a shot of all three. Sorry, it's kind of a crappy pic, but you get the idea I guess. ;)

Speaking of the ESB Yoda - some dealers around me have already gotten in, and sold out of that one. I'm gonna grab as soon as I see it, it looks like it's gonna be one of the more popular koto's.

sith_killer_99
03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice! :)

Every time I see that Clonetrooper I want to get one for the collection.

So the ESB Yoda is already out! I ordered mine from SSW.com, their ship date is May 18! I kinda need the break in between purchases to tell you the truth. These things are great, but tough on the wallet!

So let's see the lists! Currently I have:

Darth Maul
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper/Luke Trooper
Boba Fett
Sandtrooper Corporal (Black Pauldron)
Sandtrooper Sergeant (White Pauldron)
Sandtrooper Squad Leader (Orange Pauldron) Pre-order April
Scout Trooper Pre-order May 18
Yoda ESB Pre-order May 18

These are the only one's I currently have/plan to get. Hopefully they will come out with more great Kotos. I would like to see a Snowtrooper or maybe some OT Bounty Hunters (IG-88, Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss) and a few more Imperial baddies, maybe a TIE Pilot or and AT-AT Driver.

mm74md
03-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Sweet, glad to be of assistance ;) . This is the first time I've ordered from these guys, and I didn't realize they're in Hong Kong until a few days ago. Hopefully our Sandtroopers arrive in a reasonable time frame.

I've ordered from them before. I hope you signed up for the newsletter & got $4 off your 1st order. If not, use it next time. They should arrive in less then 2 weeks.

I still haven't had a chance to open my Sandtrooper Sergeant :frus:

sith_killer_99
03-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I still haven't had a chance to open my Sandtrooper Sergeant

Well what are you waiting for man?!?!? For the love of everything Star Wars these things beg to be opened and displayed! ;)

I will try to get some pics up tonight of my little collection.

mm74md
03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Well what are you waiting for man?!?!? For the love of everything Star Wars these things beg to be opened and displayed! ;)

Life getting in the way :cry: . Trying to fit everything into 24 hours is getting harder & harder!

Reefer Shark
03-15-2005, 01:17 PM
The Sandtroopers are very impressive in person when you put 'em together. So awesome!

Here's my current list:

Sandtrooper Corporal
Sandtrooper Sargent
Sandtrooper Squad Leader (on the way from Action-HQ)
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper (white)
Mace Windu / Yoda

I was going to get Vader and Maul, but I've decided to get the Gentle Giant statues instead. ...well I've decided on the Vader anyway, will decide on the Maul when I see pics.

I plan on getting the regular Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, ESB Yoda, and possibly the upcoming C3-P0/R2-D2 set (depending on how it looks).

I second your notion on the other bounty hunters, and imperial troops. We need the Snowtrooper, Royal Guard, At-At driver and Tie Pilot. I dream of the day when I have the set of six Kotobukiya bounty hunters as well :cool:

mm74md
03-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Finally opened up my Sandtrooper. AWESOME! I'm still kicking myself for not ordering the corporal!

mm74md
03-24-2005, 10:32 AM
I just ordered a regular orange pauldron version from Action HQ.com. They have 'em in stock for $85.95

Any sign of your ActionHQ.com order yet? The reason I ask is that I didn't get a shipping confirmation email from them. So I checked my account & my order still shows PENDING and my card hasn't been charged. I emailed them for a status. Just curious if yours shows it's been processed.

Reefer Shark
03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Any sign of your ActionHQ.com order yet? The reason I ask is that I didn't get a shipping confirmation email from them. So I checked my account & my order still shows PENDING and my card hasn't been charged. I emailed them for a status. Just curious if yours shows it's been processed.

No sign of my order either. The charge was pending on my card early last week, but that went away, and it was never actually charged.. I haven't thought to login and check my account yet, I'll have to do that tonight.

mm74md
03-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't know if this is valid or not, but I just ordered an In-Stock Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Corporal from SWS. We'll see if it really is in-stock or not (a la the Green Clone Trooper snafu last year) when my card is charged.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1607;category_id=297

Reefer Shark
03-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Holy crap! Get it while it's hot people. This is one awesome Koto statue, probably my favorite! It won't last long at SWS.com...

btw: Did Action HQ ever get back to you on the orange sandtrooper mm74md? I still haven't heard anything back from my querys. Plus, still no charge on my card.....

I'm starting to think this was actually a pre-order, except they left that detail out of the description :rolleyes: If I don't hear anything soon, I'm cancelling my order :bored:

mm74md
03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
btw: Did Action HQ ever get back to you on the orange sandtrooper mm74md? I still haven't heard anything back from my querys. Plus, still no charge on my card.....

I'm starting to think this was actually a pre-order, except they left that detail out of the description :rolleyes: If I don't hear anything soon, I'm cancelling my order :bored:

No they haven't. I actually requested that they cancel the order for me at http://helpdesk.action-hq.com

sith_killer_99
03-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I was just thinking, with this being the year of the exclusives it would have been cool if Kotobukiya had gotten a booth for CIII and put out something special for the convention.

It seems that Gentle Giants and Master Replicas will both have CIII exclusives. Too bad I can't afford to collect Master Replicas. I may go ahead and buy their little C3 exclusive just for the heck of it.

I am definatly buying the Gentle Giants Sandtrooper, which, along with the Kotobukiya Sandtroopers seems to be turning 2005 into the year of the Sandtrooper! Glad to see them getting some respect after Kenner totally dissed them on the vintage line! :D

Hmmmm...............I fell another thread coming on.

mm74md
04-08-2005, 10:46 AM
To quote my son when seeing a cool, new toy "OH YEAH BABY"

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050407.html

vinyl fan
04-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Some interesting news on future releases there as well::eek:

Kotobukiya
A new Darth Vader edition from this fantastic series of non-articulated figures is due out this summer, which poses the Dark Lord on a lava base with saber ablaze. An Anakin figure is planned to pair up with this Vader edition, and will be sold separately. Future releases include Jedi Luke, Slave Leia (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/leiaorganasolo/), R2-D2 (http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/r2d2/) and C-3PO (http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/c3po/), and clone trooper (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/clonetroopers/)s. Fortunately, much of the Koto line is available to domestic and international shoppers through other distributors.

Reefer Shark
04-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Holy crap! That Vader looks awesome!

I may just cancel my pre-order for the GG statue, and get this instead. Glad to finally see what Kotobukiya has in store for us. Hopefully they'll get the likeness correct on Anakin and Luke this time. I can't wait to see pics of the rest!

sith_killer_99
04-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Mmmm, another Vader?!?!?

I can see why they did it, with all the hoopla about ROTS, but I would have prefered a Snowtrooper or something as yet, unproduced.

I will probably buy the Vader, because it looks better than their first Vader, but now I will be stuck with 2 big Vaders, which is kinda silly. I will have to find a place for the first Vader...like storage... :(

I am looking forward to the R2 and C-3PO. I will have to wait and see about Anakin, Luke and Leia. Traditionally Koto has been kinda weak on their "human" figures, which is why I avoided the Han Solo.

The Clone Trooper sounds good for Koto collectors who want PT stuff. I will stick with OT on the higher end collectibles.

stillakid
04-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Holy crap! That Vader looks awesome!

I may just cancel my pre-order for the GG statue, and get this instead. Glad to finally see what Kotobukiya has in store for us. Hopefully they'll get the likeness correct on Anakin and Luke this time. I can't wait to see pics of the rest!

This new Vader looks an awful lot like the one I already have. I'll pass and take Geography for $200. :D

Reefer Shark
04-09-2005, 04:16 PM
If I had that 1st Koto Vader, I would probably feel the same way you guys do.

Honestly though, I never really liked the 1st Koto Vader. He's got that wierd "do the limbo" pose - it looks almost like he's dancing, it just never seemed like a pose Lord Vader would strike to me. Now I'm really glad I held out on that first one, this new one seems much more acurate to me.

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 04:29 PM
If I had that 1st Koto Vader, I would probably feel the same way you guys do.

Honestly though, I never really liked the 1st Koto Vader. He's got that wierd "do the limbo" pose - it looks almost like he's dancing, it just never seemed like a pose Lord Vader would strike to me. Now I'm really glad I held out on that first one, this new one seems much more acurate to me.

That's exactly the reason I passed on him. From the front, it looked great. Then, I checked out the 3-D view at Things from Another World and saw the "do the limbo" pose. I'm glad I passed though. This second Koto Vader is much better looking and does resemble the GG statue to an extent.

Plus, I took the money I saved for the first Koto Vader and snagged an Emperor Palpatine cane and cloak clasp set when Master Replicas suddenly dropped the price from $199 to $99!! :D

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
How ironic. After pining for what felt like forever for the original Vader I finally broke down and bought my first Kotobukiya statue today at my local comic shop because they were 20% off. Then I come home only to see this news about a new Vader a few hours after my purchase. :ermm: Oh well they look far to similar for me to entertain the idea of getting both so I guess I'm just going to have to settle for the one I now own.

Reefer Shark
04-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I know the feeling. The first Koto I bought was Boba Fett - and that was partly because I thought I would never get a Marmit Fett, and figured this would be the next best thing (and it is, Koto Fett is great!). Oh how I've always wanted one of those Marmit Fetts!

Well, I recently ended up getting the Marmit Fett as a B-day gift so now I have these two extremely similar 12" scale Fetts on the shelf, what to do....

Hey Hellboy, if you saved the box, mabye your comic shop would exchange it for a different Koto? The Fetts and troopers are very nice too!

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey Hellboy, if you saved the box, mabye your comic shop would exchange it for a different Koto? The Fetts and troopers are very nice too!

Yeah I thought of that and actually I haven't even opened it yet so I suppose it would be possible. I was actually considering getting the Clone Trooper too but passed so he would probably be my first choice after Vader. :Ponder:

I dunno though, after looking at the pictures of the new Vader again I'm not so sure I like the new pose better. I know what you mean about the whole limbo look of the old Vader but I think I like the way he's holding his saber and the flow of his cape better on the old version. It looks like the only way you notice his extreme lean backwards is if you're viewing him from the side (based off the pic on the box) and I wouldn't display him that way so I'm thinking he might look fine as long as you view him from the front.

Turbowars
04-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah I think this Vader might be my 1st Kotobukiya purchase. I keep looking at the Scout and he might be joining my collection as well. If I can get over the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" stance of the Sandtrooper I might get him.:p

Hellboy
04-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh man, what have I done?!?!? I think I just found a new addiction in the form of these Kotobukiya statues.

I can't believe how utterly sweet this Vader is. I'm so happy with my purchase I can't stop thinking about getting another statue. I'm even planning on returning a few ROTS toys so I can get some extra cash together. :sur:

I'm not to sure which one I'll buy next but its pretty much a 4-way tie at the moment between the Clone Trooper, Darth Maul, Boba Fett and the Sandtrooper. After reading through this thread I'm noticing that the latter two are pretty much the favorites around here. I have such a severe lack of self control when it comes to things of this nature that I'll probably end up buying 2 and thats not a good thing because I must have that Scout Trooper when it comes out. :crazed:

Reefer Shark
04-11-2005, 01:24 AM
They are great, aren't they? I used to think "Vinyl models? Bah! Probably flimsy crap..." Not so. These are high quality collectibles IMO. Nice and solid (which is important to me). Seeing them in the package all taken apart does not do these things justice. You need to see them in person and assembled to really appreciate them.

I would suggest getting a limited Sandtrooper corporal or seargent from SWS.com (if they're available, I haven't checked lately), I'm sure you won't be dissapointed! These will be much harder to come by than the regular mass produced version and Boba Fett (which is also mass produced).

Welcome to a new addiction! :smoker:

mm74md
04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
I may just cancel my pre-order for the GG statue, and get this instead

I've thought the same thing. The GG statue is awesome looking, but can be broken easily. My Koto Vader & Maul have been on my 4 yr old sons dresser for almost a year now. They are a lot harder to break.

sith_killer_99
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
WTF....

SSW.com has pushed back the ship dates on almost all of their Koto's to June!

Does anybody know what's going on? Originally the Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper was scheduled for a Mar release and another was scheduled for April?!?!?

This is frustrating. :confused:

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
WTF....

SSW.com has pushed back the ship dates on almost all of their Koto's to June!

Yeah I noticed that too, I actually got an email today about the change. I'm planning on getting both but its not such a big deal for me. I just blew $235 on 3 more statues so I could use a brake. :smoker:

Reefer Shark
04-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh man, three Koto's at once? You really are hooked!

Which ones did you get? :cool:

Hellboy
04-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Darth Maul, Clone Trooper and Boba Fett and I'm really happy with all 3. I wanted the exclusive Sandtrooper but SWS.com was sold out. Oh well, I probably didn't need 2 Sandtroopers anyway since I'll be getting the Squad Leader in June along with the Scout Trooper.

I think if more people saw these things in person and out of the box they'd be more inclined to buy these. I really didn't have the proper amount of respect for just how nice these were until I got them home and assembled them. Well worth the money IMO. :)

sith_killer_99
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
WOW, you really are addicted! :eek:

I hear you guys on needing a break. Especially with C3 around the corner!

HB, I had to have all 3 Sandtroopers, I love Imperial Bad guys! Great choices on the ones you got btw. I don't really care for the "human" sculpts. They tend to look too fake, like they are wearing make-up or something. lol

I would like to see Koto release a Deluxe Stormtrooper. All they would have to do is clean up the 3 Sandtroopers, give us 1 Stormtrooper body/head/legs and pack all 3 sets of arms/weapons from the Sandtroopers. They could make a mint, release these in mass numbers. They wouldn't have to make new molds or anything. :D

Hellboy
04-16-2005, 05:21 PM
HB, I had to have all 3 Sandtroopers, I love Imperial Bad guys!

I'm the same way, the Imperials have always been my favorites but since I'm new to this line I figured for the time being I'd apprecite the statues more if I had a diverse group of characters to start with instead of 3 variations of the same character model. Ideally I'd love to have all 3 but at around $100 a pop I need to be a bit selective. I'll probably hunt the Seargent and Corporal down some day though, and seeing as how they're limited editions I'll probably end up paying way to much for them.

mm74md
05-02-2005, 12:21 PM
starwarsshop.com has the new Vader up for pre-order (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3490;category_id=;pcid1=;pc id2=) . It's realease date is near my birthday...must start hinting to wife now....

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 12:25 AM
EE has the Squad Leader Sandtrooper in stock, still nothing from starwarsshop.com though.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DH10690

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, I am getting tired of waiting for SSW.com! It's frustrating seeing these things on other sites while I wait for them to get around to filling my order, especially when some of those sites are $5.00-$10.00 cheaper. :(

Oh well, I will be a good little sithkiller and wait for my stuff to be sent out. From the looks of it, my Yoda will be sent out first. The release date on SSW.com for Yoda is 19 May, while the Sandtrooper says 15 June! Meanwhile the Scout Trooper simply says June 2005. Which means it probably won't ship until July...LOL.

Oh well, the break in spending has been nice, especailly with all the new GG busts coming out! Let's see; Sandtrooper (Orange Pauldron), Sandtrooper (White Pauldron), Yoda, Leia Boussh, Vader and Han! WOW! :eek: :D It's a good thing I am all caught up for now. :evil: I am sooo hoping I will have the funds to get the Scout Trooper statue!

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 08:15 PM
The release date on SSW.com for Yoda is 19 May

Thought you'd be happy to know it appears Yoda is in stock a bit early. :cool:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1578;category_id=382

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Hmmm, well I originally placed a single order for Yoda and the Scout. This morning they both appeared on my order history, showing as not yet shipped. Now they are both gone from my order history?!?!

So will they ship the Yoda and then ship the Scout when he arrives? Or will they hold my Yoda hostage until they can send the Scout along with him? I placed the order as a single order with one shipping charge?!?!

Darn, I hate pre-ordering stuff months in advance especailly when the products have different ship dates.

Grrr, I almost cancelled that order all together today. I found a guy on Ebay selling Yoda for $39.99 and Scout for $69.99 and shipping was the same or less than SSW.com. Thats a difference of $35.00! I could buy a new scaled saber for that! Oh well, just a second or two of buyers remorse, that will disappear as soon as these things show up at my door step. :D

Now for that darn Sandtrooper Squad Leader...LOL :D

stillakid
05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, well I originally placed a single order for Yoda and the Scout. This morning they both appeared on my order history, showing as not yet shipped. Now they are both gone from my order history?!?!

So will they ship the Yoda and then ship the Scout when he arrives? Or will they hold my Yoda hostage until they can send the Scout along with him? I placed the order as a single order with one shipping charge?!?!

Darn, I hate pre-ordering stuff months in advance especailly when the products have different ship dates.

Grrr, I almost cancelled that order all together today. I found a guy on Ebay selling Yoda for $39.99 and Scout for $69.99 and shipping was the same or less than SSW.com. Thats a difference of $35.00! I could buy a new scaled saber for that! Oh well, just a second or two of buyers remorse, that will disappear as soon as these things show up at my door step. :D

Now for that darn Sandtrooper Squad Leader...LOL :D

I place my order for the Scout at the same time as Vader as well as a couple other things. Vader came but still waiting for Scout and my Hoth Snow Globe. :D Those are still in my order history. I got worried after reading your post... :sur:

maddevildog
05-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Well I know im addicted now, in the past few days ive picked up a lot of KOTOs. I have in hand right now....

Maul
Clone Trooper
Boba Fett
Sandtrooper SGT
Anakin

Should be here this week.....
Jango Fett
Windu/Yoda 2 pack
Obi Wan
Scout Trooper
Sandtrooper Squad Leader? (orange shoulder)
Chewbacca

Should be here early next week....
Sandtrooper CPL
and Clone Trooper Comander (yellow)

I need to get the red and Blue Clone Trooper..... so if anyone has one LMK DJ

Reefer Shark
05-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Damn, that's quite a haul for a few days. Must've cost a pretty penny, especially those color variant clones. btw: Where did you find those clones? I would love to snag a red or yellow one.

--

My local comic shop had a bunch of the new Yoda today. The owner let me have one for $36 - sweet!! :D I love that place!

megaprime33
05-19-2005, 12:56 PM
I've been thinking of getting Vader 1 and 2 and my question is, how hard are they to put together? I suck when it comes to models and I did notice that it says cement is required. Just figured I'd ask.

stillakid
05-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I've been thinking of getting Vader 1 and 2 and my question is, how hard are they to put together? I suck when it comes to models and I did notice that it says cement is required. Just figured I'd ask.

These aren't really models in the traditional sense. I think they come in pieces just to fit into the box. I have Vader 1 and used no glue at all.

maddevildog
05-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I just put about 7 togheter in a about a hour, the most time spent is taking all the twisty ties off. Here is what my mail man droped off in the past few days.... AWSOME HAUL! Here is the link to the pics......

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168019

Check out the pics

stillakid
05-20-2005, 02:47 AM
I just put about 7 togheter in a about a hour, the most time spent is taking all the twisty ties off. Here is what my mail man droped off in the past few days.... AWSOME HAUL! Here is the link to the pics......

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168019

Check out the pics

How come you have a Biker Scout already? Why hasn't mine shipped yet? :sur: :confused:

maddevildog
05-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I got my biker scout from a guy in Canada, got it last week. Its awsome, the chewbaca is very nice also. and i got my orange sandtrooper from the same guy.

maddevildog
05-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Im not sure yet if im going to open my Sandtrooper Sgt and Cpl as well as my yellow clonetrooper. Im thinking of just leaving them mint in the box just becasue they are harder to comeby. Im still in need of a red and blue clonetrooper so who can help me out? DJ

Anakins_Shadow
05-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Just took my first step into this larger world, by receiving my first statue for my collection.Without a doubt it is my favourite piece in my collection yet. I got the EP 2 Clone statue. The statue is a lot larger then i thought it to be, it towers over my UL, and now stands proudly beside my ep 3 gunship lol

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I picked up the Sandtrooper Squad Leader and ESB Yoda today and really like them. My local comic shop said they'd have the Scout Trooper by weeks end, can't wait for that one.

I wasn't aware there were color versions of the Clone Trooper. Were these exclusives like the SWShop.com Sandtroopers?

Speaking of Sandtroopers I've been searching high and low for those darn Cpl. and Sgt. ST's but I haven't had any luck and I don't want to turn to ebay. If anyone sees these online anywhere other than ebay and you don't mind posting here or throwing me a PM to give me a heads up I'd greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone has one or both available for trade or purchase consider me interested, thanks. :)

sith_killer_99
05-24-2005, 08:53 PM
I wasn't aware there were color versions of the Clone Trooper. Were these exclusives like the SWShop.com Sandtroopers?

They were Japanese exclusives. I saw a few of these when I was in Japan, but I don't collect PT Koto's so I passed. They were limited to 1,000 I believe.

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I figured it was something like that, thanks for the info. :)

I think I'd probably pass on these if I saw them though. I love the mold of the Clone Trooper but I couldn't see having multiples of these unless they came in different poses similar to the Sandtroopers.

Hellboy
05-25-2005, 07:41 PM
For those that are interested SWShop.com has the Scout Trooper and Chewbacca in stock and the Squad Leader Sandtrooper is back in stock as well. :)

megaprime33
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Is there a good second market place to get the Version 1 Darth Vader? I'd rather buy it loose and not spend $100 on it, but I do like to keep my options open.

Reefer Shark
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't know about loose, but the local comic shops here usually sell them for around 20% off. I've bought most of mine for around $80.

You might want to look up your local comic shop.

megaprime33
05-31-2005, 08:49 AM
I guess my question should have been, what online stores sell Kotos? Just trying to shop around a little.

mm74md
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Is there a good second market place to get the Version 1 Darth Vader? I'd rather buy it loose and not spend $100 on it, but I do like to keep my options open.

You'll rarely find these loose. I actually saw a loose lot once on eBay & I got the Obi-Wan for under $30. If you want a loose Vader...keep searching eBay. I doubt other places would sell these loose.

megaprime33
05-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Ok well here's another question, for a loose complete and mint Vader #1 how much would that go for? I want to make sure I don't over pay.

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Well considering you can find him MIB on several online stores as well as possibly at your local comic shop between $70-$100 I personally wouldn't pay anything more than $50 loose. If it were me I'd just spend the extra $20 and get him boxed though, especially when you considering how few of these are actually sold loose. Not as much for the box itself but to insure that it's in mint condition and if you ever want to sell it you could always take him apart and put him back in the box most likely increasing the value of the statue.

Here is a link to Barnes and Noble's website, they have him available for $71.28, not a bad price IMO. Good luck either way. :)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=8Y4S4tIBoj&isbn=159396109X&itm=3

megaprime33
06-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Well considering you can find him MIB on several online stores as well as possibly at your local comic shop between $70-$100 I personally wouldn't pay anything more than $50 loose. If it were me I'd just spend the extra $20 and get him boxed though, especially when you considering how few of these are actually sold loose. Not as much for the box itself but to insure that it's in mint condition and if you ever want to sell it you could always take him apart and put him back in the box most likely increasing the value of the statue.

Here is a link to Barnes and Noble's website, they have him available for $71.28, not a bad price IMO. Good luck either way. :)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=8Y4S4tIBoj&isbn=159396109X&itm=3
Wait is this one for the first Vader koto or the second one that's coming out or is out? I'm only interested in the first one, regardless of loose of misb. If this one is indeed the first vader then I'll just get this one. It doesn't say on the site which one it is, unless I missed it.

mm74md
06-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Looks like free shipping for orders over $25 as well. Get this now megaprime33. This is the 1st edition

megaprime33
06-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Looks like free shipping for orders over $25 as well. Get this now megaprime33. This is the 1st edition
You have to become a member of barnes and noble which costs $25 to sign up in order to get it for $71. I'm not doing that for a store in which i will never shop at again.

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Man I really broke down and went crazy buying Koto statues. Again. :crazed:

I was only planning on buying two, the Scout Trooper and Chewbacca but when I looked on the back of Chewy's box and saw that he connected with Han and how sweet they looked together I had to buy the set. They really look amazing standing side by side but anyone who decides to buy Chewbacca should BE VERY CAREFUL HANDLING HIS BOWCASTER because the scope will snap off if you look at it wrong. When I opened mine I broke it off accidently. It wasn't anything a little model glue couldn't fix but you've been warned be very very careful because its quite fragile.

If I was smart I would've stopped there but I decided to buy Mace and Yoda since the guy at the comic store was willing to cut me a deal on 4 statues. I really love all of them, especially the Scout Trooper, one of the best statues from these guys yet IMO. Finding space to display them all is going to be a challenge and I think I need to lock my wallet away for a while but I don't regret my purchases.

That brings my total number of Kotobukiya's to 10. :D

-Darth Vader -1st edition
-Darth Maul
-Boba Fett
-Clone Trooper
-Han Solo
-Chewbacca
-Sandtrooper -Squad Leader
-Yoda
-Scout Trooper
-Mace Windu and Yoda

Reefer Shark
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow, that's quite a purchase for one trip!

I've picked up the Scout and Sandtrooper squad leader in the last two weeks myself, and I agree: The Scout is one of the best they've put out yet.

So is the Chewy really nice in person? I haven't been too impressed with the pictures from the net. I don't know, something about his mouth I think...

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
You know I felt the exact same way about Chewy, and Han too for that matter. It wasn't that I didn't like either I just wasn't blown away like I am with so many of the others. Chewy looks a hundred times better in person and once he is assembled he is HUGE. I'd be very surprised if somebody bought him and wasn't completely happy with their purchase. Together Han and Chewy look amazing and the more I look at them the more I'm starting to think its one of my favorite pieces. Hopefully we'll see more connectible Kotos in the future.

Reefer Shark
06-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Right on HB, mabye I'll pick 'em up after all. Guess I'll just have to see how they strike me when I see them in person.

I think I read somewhere that the upcoming ROTS Vader and Anakin will have connecting bases. I hope so, I dig the connectible bases too!

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Here is a picture of Han and Chewy together. :cool:

stillakid
06-05-2005, 10:44 AM
My Bikerscout came yesterday! Happy happy, joy joy! :)

Jayspawn
06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey Koto fans! Heres a GREAT picture of the Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper from Darth Vader's 501st Kotobukiya!

http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/Actus/05-06/kotobukiya_cloneROTS

Enjoy!

Hellboy
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Wow!! That looks amazing. Any word on a release date?

Thanks for the pic Jayspawn. :)

sith_killer_99
06-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Sweet, almost makes me wish I was collecting PT Koto's, but alas I am just a poor enlisted man so I must stick to the OT in order to afford what I can. LOL

Turbowars
06-15-2005, 09:39 PM
This my friends will be my 1st Over priced Koto.

Reefer Shark
06-16-2005, 01:18 AM
That looks F'n sweet! I wonder if they'll do color and arm variations like they did with the Sandtrooper?

nash
06-16-2005, 07:18 AM
holy ***** that clone trooper is absolutley gorgeous! when will it be released!?!?

nash
06-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Damn first im addicted to Master Replicas, now im addicted to Kotobukiya... Im going to be hurting come Christmas time...:ermm:

By the way, what is the difference between the Limited run Sandtroopers and the Standard editions? I read some listing on Ebay that mentioned this, and want to be sure that im not buying one and getting the other instead. thanks.

Hellboy
06-17-2005, 11:51 PM
By the way, what is the difference between the Limited run Sandtroopers and the Standard editions? I read some listing on Ebay that mentioned this, and want to be sure that im not buying one and getting the other instead. thanks.

There are 3 versions of the Sandtrooper. The Corporal (black pauldron) and the Sergeant (white pauldron) were SWShop.com exclusives in the US, limited to 500 pieces each. They were also released in Japan through TRU at 1000 pieces each. The Squad Leader (orange pauldron) is mass produced.

nash
06-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Ah thank you for clearing that up.

Does anyone have any info on that Ep3 Blue Clone Trooper that was posted up here? Release date, price, or just more pics?

Hellboy
06-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Some more pics of what could possibly be the best looking Koto yet. I still can't believe these things are vinyl, the detail is amazing. :cool:

Hellboy
06-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Look its Frodo, with a lightsaber!!! :D

No, actually its the upcoming ROTS Anakin/Vader. To bad they couldn't get the nose right on this one because it definitely has potential. The cloak's hood could be better as well. More pics can be found if you follow the link.

http://www.slave1.jp/headline-news/

Reefer Shark
06-19-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm kinda dissapointed with the Anakin. I think my problem is mainly with the hood, it just looks funny to me. I had high hopes for this Koto too.... :cry:

Oh well, mabye we'll get a nice evil Anakin statue from GG someday.

nash
06-19-2005, 09:32 AM
thanks for the pics! very gorgeous piece!

The anakin ROTS looks great from a distance but youre right it does look like Frodo up close haha. Still cool though, but Im not too into the human figures as they usually dont get the faces right at all :(.

Turbowars
06-19-2005, 11:47 AM
No onw does human sculpt better than GG. Koto does a great job on helmeted figures, but has a big problem with fruity stances. The Blue Clone being a exception. I want that. There's a few others I would buy if they weren't priced at 99 bucks.

Jayspawn
06-19-2005, 12:03 PM
But they're always going to be around 99 bucks Turbo. But I've seen some sweet deals on Ebay from time to time.

I like the Evil Anakin Koto. Maybe when we see an actual marketing/production image it'll look better. I'm sure GG will get out an Anakin Statue at some point. But this Anakin Koto looks better than the last I must say.

Hellboy
06-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Jayspawn is right about the price Turbo. I've never paid over $80 for a Koto and there are some sweet deals to be had on both ebay and from some online retailers. Just the other day I found a website that had every new Koto and most of the older statues priced at $75 or less. Thats only $25 more than a GG bust and its 4x the size. Well worth it IMO.

I think I actually like the old Anakin better than this new ROTS version. Unfortunately neither look anything like Hayden though and you guys are right about the the human Koto sculpts. The only humans I think they got right so far have been Mace and Han.

nash
06-22-2005, 03:23 AM
$80 with shipping included or yet to be added? coz then it will turn out to be like $100

sith_killer_99
06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
No onw does human sculpt better than GG. Koto does a great job on helmeted figures

I couldn't have said it better myself... :D

but has a big problem with fruity stances.

My favorite is the blackberry...LOL ;)

Hellboy
06-22-2005, 04:40 PM
$80 with shipping included or yet to be added? coz then it will turn out to be like $100

I won't pay anything more than $10 for S&H whether its on ebay or from an online retailer. Most of the places I've shopped have their Kotos priced around $75 which brings the total up to $85 and sometimes you can save even more by placing a pre order.

My local comic shop usually runs 20% off sales every few months on their Koto inventory so thats where I've bought most of mine all at or below $80.

Hellboy
09-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I thought this was odd since I've heard nothing of it up until now but Hobby Link Japan has Clone Commander Bly up for pre-order. Nothing specific is mentioned but hopefully Koto does indeed have this one in the works and he isn't in the same pose as the Shocktrooper and the 501st Clones.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYSW-24

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 08:24 PM
That's interesting.. Hopefully it'll be a different skulpt like you said.

Was Bly the yellow clone commander?

Jayspawn
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Yes Reefer, Bly is the yellow Commander (yellowish/green).

He is Aayla Secura's Clone Commander.

Turbowars
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I believe it was the Yellow dude. I have a bad feeling it will be the same sculpt as the Shock trooper.:(

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it probably will be the same sculpt... Who knows though, he does have the skirt and pauldron and stuff. Mabye that will make him look different enough to warrant the purchase.:rambo:

Hellboy
09-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Here is a picture of Bly. I'd be happy if he turned out looking just like this. :cool:

Jayspawn
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm willing to bet that the Koto Bly will have a new mold. With all his extra attachments, he should look a new figure!

That is a good pose Hellboy, right as he shot Aayla Secura in the back!

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 05:31 PM
You know the more pics I see of the upcoming Snowtrooper the more I'm thinking about getting two of these. Even though they would be in the same pose this is one statue that I think would work having displayed side by side at different angles. What do you guys think?

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Here is a link to even more pics :cool:

http://www.slave1.jp/image-bank/Event/etc_Event/20051002_SuperFestival_37/index.html

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 01:23 AM
I wouldnt mind getting a Snowtrooper. But I've still not picked up any of the Kotos yet (mainly because GG and Master Replicas have my $ tied down).

I know as soon as I get just 1 -it'll be all over!!!

Hellboy
10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
I know as soon as I get just 1 -it'll be all over!!!

So true, I can vouch for that.

I have to hand it to the people over at Kotobukiya for playing to their strenghts and doing what I wish many other companies like GG would do and thats focus on the Troopers.

Reefer Shark
11-09-2005, 01:02 AM
So anyone else get their 501st clone yet? I picked mine up last week from my local comic shop, and I think it's really great. it looks even better in person IMO. Awesome paint job on this one!

---

In other Koto news, sws.com royally screwed me on the shocktrooper exclusive. My bank just happened to send me a replacement credit card right before sws.com processed my order. Of course it didn't go through because it had the old cc info attached (same thing happened with my Hasbro covert ops clone order).

I updated my account with the current cc info, and my covert ops clone order went through, but apparently not my shocktrooper (which does not make sense at all, I have plenty of cash in my account right now). So sws.com cancelled my order and sent me an email saying that my pre-order is no longer available - and that I cant re-order because it's sold out. I sent them an email begging for help with this, and they basicly slapped me in the face.

Needless to say, I'm very P.O'd at sws.com, and will never by anything from them again. Screw them... I've been a customer for a very long time, and they pretty much told me to F off when I asked for help.......

Kill Solo
11-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Hey guys, just a heads up, I was perusing Walmart.com and found that they sell Kotobukyia! I don't know if this a normal thing or a new thing, but they do.

Hellboy
11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Received my Shock Trooper the other day but still haven't opened him yet. My 501st Clone is on its way and I still haven't decided if I'm going to be keeping both because of the similar pose. Once the 501st arrives and I can see both in person I'll make a decision but as of right now I'm really torn as to which I should keep. Who knows maybe I'll like them both so much that having two Clone Troopers posed the same way won't bother me.

mastermatt24
11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
You could put them in different places in your house so you dont have them next to each other- dont get rid of either one- theyre going to be worth a lot. :D

Jayspawn
12-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Has everyone seen the Koto Commander Bly? He looks pretty sweet! I would have prefered him holding a rifle instead of some pistols. The battle damage on him looks amazing!

Here's a link....

http://www.deathstarplans2.com/forums/index.php?topic=571.0

Hellboy
12-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow that looks great. :cool:

I actually like the pistols as opposed to the rifle. If we're to get more Clones in the future I'd imagine they will all have either the rifle or the larger pistol like the 501st and Shock Trooper did so I'm pleased to see them go with something different on this statue. I agree the battle damage looks amazing and I like the base with the Super Battle Droid torso as well. Kotobukiya continues to impress me with their troopers, hopefully they keep it up. Commander Cody and/or Gree would be welcome additions as well. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Jayspawn. :grin:

Reefer Shark
12-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Wow! I agree with you guys, that is one awesome piece. I can't wait to add him to my collection. Thanks for posting that Jayspawn!

Oh yeah, btw: I got my Koto shocktrooper from ebay. His paint job is fantastic! He looks great next to the 501st, but I really wish he was in a different pose..

Hellboy
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I opened my Shock Trooper and 501st Trooper as well and I love them. I hear ya on the same pose issue Reefer and thats why I decided to do something about it.

With a little work the rifle can be removed from the Clone's right hand and it won't do any damage to the statue. You can always reattach the rifle later because the hand has a peg that seats inside a hole in the rifle. The thing is it comes glued together so it takes a little work getting it free but it can be done. It isn't a major difference but its enough that they don't look silly posed together IMO. Here are a few pictures showing you how they look together after I made this modification. What do you guys think?

Reefer Shark
12-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Looks great HB! I might try that with my 501st if it looks easy enough..

If koto would have at least done different arms for the shocktrooper, it would have made a huge difference.

I still can't get over cool that Bly looks btw :cool:

mastermatt24
12-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Hmmm... This might actually be the first koto I bly. Ohh.. I mean buy. :nerv: I was looking at this website http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYSW-24
and it says that it is only "About $65.59" is this normal price? I thought they were a lot more. Where is the best place to buy these (swshop?)?

Jayspawn
12-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm with mastermatt24, Bly might be my first Koto figure.

jonthejedi
12-06-2005, 04:19 AM
I'm really hooked on this line, I started out with a sandtrooper, then the scout trooper(my personal favorite pose). I picked up the TRU Sandtrooper corp. on ebay...now trying to get some of the older ones like Darth Maul, etc. I buy from SWShop.com. They brought in Ep. II clonetrooper & Obi-Wan..but Obi ran out as my order was processing, I guess. I recently purchased the 501st trooper(I didn't move fast enough on the red shocktrooper before it sold out) & Ep. III Vader(cape in the wind is wicked). My Anakin(Hayden with hood up) is shipping now...and I can't wait to order Bly. I like the pistols! I've been paying arounf $100@, but I have gotten some for $65 off ebay. It just depends.

Jayspawn
12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah I was looking at those pictures again, I think Bly willl be my 1st Koto (Damn!)

mastermatt24
12-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah.. I figure It will balance out because Im skipping a ton of saga stuff.

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Bly is up for preorder at SWS.com with a release time around July. Cant wait to get him just stinks we have to wait that long. Well, plenty of stuff coming out in the mean time.

mastermatt24
01-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Omfg.. $100 dollars??!! :rolleyes: Guess I wont be getting that one..

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Omfg.. $100 dollars??!! :rolleyes: Guess I wont be getting that one..

That's about the going rate for the regular-size Kotobukiya model. Yes, there are some sites that heavily discount them, but by-and-large they range between $90-100.

Hellboy
01-18-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm glad this isn't coming out for a while. With the amount of stuff coming out in the next few months I wouldn't be able to afford it yet anyway. I'll probably wait and pick this up at my local comic shop or eBay and get it at a cheaper price like most Kotos.

Looking forward to the Snowtrooper coming out next month. :yes:

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
I hear that Hellboy. February and March are gonna be expensive months for me.

Jayspawn
01-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Well....it happened.....

I bought my 1st Kotobukiya! I was able to get the Stormtrooper Koto for $50 shipped, and I couldnt pass on that! So I got it. *sigh*

ds6161
02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Jayspawn where did you pick up the trooper for $50??
I got the black shoulder one but for that $$ I'll pick up the others...

thankz

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I got him on Ebay from this Seller/Auction....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kotobukiya-Luke-As-Stormtrooper-Model-Kit_W0QQitemZ6033530938QQcategoryZ751QQcmdZViewIte m

I hit Submit Best Offer and threw in a bid just under the Buy It Now price and they accepted.

Hellboy
02-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Thats definitely a great deal Jay. I had the Stormtrooper pre-ordered but the place I ordered it from never received their shipment and I haven't bothered to pick it up anywhere else. As space becomes more of an issue in my collection room I might pass on that one since I was kind of on the fence with it from the beginning. I will certainly be picking up the Snowtrooper and Bly though.

dr_evazan22
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I got my Snowtrooper today. He looks as good in person as when he was ordered.

jonthejedi
02-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Received my snowtrooper today as well from shopsw.com. Sweet sculpt & detailing! This is my 8th Koto....can't wait for Bly!

Jayspawn
02-06-2006, 11:46 PM
The day came...I recieved my 1st Koto today!

The Stormtrooper arrived in the mail today and I have to say, I'm very pleased with him! I only hope I dont get addicted to these. I'll definatly be picking up Commander Bly for sure!

jonthejedi
02-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Trust me, you'll get addicted. I would consider the Koto. Ep. III Vader & Anakin, too. Both incredible. I don't have the stormtrooper(just sandtroopers), Han & Chewie, or Yoda yet.

mastermatt24
02-08-2006, 01:55 AM
See you both in a couple hundred bucks! ;) :crazed:

jonthejedi
02-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Shoot, or "hey honey...can we get a 2nd mortgage on our home?"

jonthejedi
03-03-2006, 05:02 AM
I've been tryin' to procure the older Kotos when the $$$ becomes available. I just picked up Darth Maul for 62.99 from bigbadtoystore. I still want the Luke/stormtrooper, Ep. II Obi(on backorder from shopsw.com fffffforever), Jango & Boba Fetts. They are out there, but you've got to dig!

Jedismoke
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Whats up with the AOTC Anakin? Was this one of the first to come out and it's pretty rare or am I just looking in the wrong spots to find one of these.

jonthejedi
03-04-2006, 06:40 AM
It does seem to be one of the harder ones to find...along with AOTC Obi-Wan.

Jayspawn
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Every now and then I see an AOTC Obi-Wan or Anakin Koto pop up and they dont seem to go for that much. Darth Maul doenst seem to show up that much either.

Samuel Windu
03-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Any news or new pics?I've seen prototype of R2/C-3PO,Slave Leia & Luke Jedi somewhere before.Just can't wait to see them with colour:shocked:

Samuel Windu
03-20-2006, 05:41 AM
New Koto pics:thumbsup:

R2/C-3PO (http://www.azogscollection.com/news/data/upimages/R2C3PO.jpg)

Slave Leia & Bespin Luke (http://www.azogscollection.com/news/data/upimages/LukeLeia.jpg)

Jayspawn
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
R2 and Threepio look great! Cant wait to see the finished pieces.

Slave Leia and Bespin Luke look alright. The human Kotos are ok, we'll have to see how the finished/colored versions look.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Here is a pic of Luke Bespin from MintInBox.net (http://www.mintinbox.net/mintinbox/Actus/06-04/luke_kotobukiya)

I love the pose and the ability to display him with either his blaster or Lightsaber but unfortunately the likeness is off.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah... the likeness is off. I really like my Vader, though... VERY much!!!

Jayspawn
05-21-2006, 11:10 AM
The people overseas nailed the likeness on Slave Leia (and thats not easy), but the likeness on Luke is off. I'll definatly be passing.

The Commander Bly Koto is slowly showing up in stock in a few places. I'm getting him for sure!

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
The people overseas nailed the likeness on Slave Leia (and thats not easy), but the likeness on Luke is off. I'll definatly be passing.

I just saw some additional pics of Leia. They did do a nice job with her.

Samuel Windu
05-27-2006, 12:01 AM
For those who still haven't see the pics yet:thumbsup:

Slave Leia (http://slave1.cside3.jp/200605/20060515-02.jpg)

C-3PO & R2-D2 (http://licos.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mia/shs/koto/ko73.jpg)

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Leia is gonna sell fast. VERY fast. :yes: :lipsrsealed:

Reefer Shark
05-28-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't like that Luke at all, the likeness is way off, and I dunno, he just looks kinda bland to me..

I like the Liea :love:..and I really like the droids, they look very nice! But I'm on a strict "trooper only" diet from Kotobukiya, so the only one I'm going to be getting in the near future will be Bly.

BountyHunterScum
05-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Leia is gonna sell fast. VERY fast. :yes: :lipsrsealed:

Yep and I'm gonna get one.

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 11:23 PM
But I'm on a strict "trooper only" diet from Kotobukiya, so the only one I'm going to be getting in the near future will be Bly.
Im on Dr. Trift's "Dont Bly it, its too much money" Plan. I havent purchased a single one yet. $100 is kinda steep for me :rolleyes:

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 11:40 PM
I as well don't own an over priced Koto yet and I don't think I will. I however love the Shock and Bly. I might get the 2 Droids, but probably not. Leia looks terrible. I don't understand why you guys like it. Koto does a great job on non humans, but their humans are lacking.

I saw a picture today on one of the sites of all 3 Sandtroopers and I just had to laugh. Either Koto had a very gay sculptor or they were sculpted in West Hollywood. lol

mastermatt24
05-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Dr. Trift's "Dont Bly it"
Did anyone get my lame attempt at humor??? :crazed:

I dont think the leia looks bad, even thoughI wont be buying it.

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Commander Bly has been released!

Has anyone picked him up yet? I will but I'm waiting for a price drop.

mastermatt24
06-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Yea, Ill wait for a price drop too, however, I think we'll be waiting a while.. :rolleyes:

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I'll probably pick him up at a reduced price as well at my LCS or on eBay. It won't be any time soon though as my funds are tied up in other things at the moment.

Turbowars
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Look everyone it's Solid Gold Empire Style.

Damn they look stupid.

mastermatt24
07-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I like the one on the left. Why do you think theyre stupid?

Turbowars
07-05-2006, 10:49 PM
This has been an ongoing thing with me, but it's because they look like a Homosexuals in those poses. That's just me though.

mastermatt24
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
lol.. now that you say that..
Yea, I guess so.

Turbowars
07-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Come on, everyone sing with me, YYYYYYMMMMMMCCCAA!
Just so you guys know I'm not bashing Gays. I don't have a problem with it.

mastermatt24
07-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I wonder if the empire hired gays? :crazed:

Turbowars
07-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Apparently the Japanese think so.:pleased:

Reefer Shark
07-06-2006, 01:39 AM
I gotta say, the 1st Koto Vader has the same kinda thing going with the "doin the Limbo" pose lol!

Samuel Windu
07-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Pewter ROTS Kotobukiya Vader (http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/images/1278828d.jpg)

I think it is an old news.Just wondering if it is UK excluives.I haven't see him in anywhere except forbbidenplanet.com.

Anyone will get one?

sergiurusu
07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I have to say that I got a Koto Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper too. It's a long story of how I got it, since I didn't have the budget for it, but have a girlfriend who wanted to make a really nice present :) ... But to keep it short: I LOVE IT! The details are awsome, maybe the backpack is a bit fragile, but the statue is very sturdy and well designed. :thumbsup:

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
I picked up Bly today, he's pretty damn cool! The paint is awesome, and I dig the interchangable head deal.

mastermatt24
07-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Where'd you bly him? :p

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
lol I blought him at "DJ's Comics" for $80.

mastermatt24
07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Pffft. Thats a great price.. Id buy him for that much. All the ones on ebay have those outrageous shipping prices and end around $70. I should talk to my comic store and see if they can order him for me.

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
HELP!

I purchased the 1st Koto Vader off Ebay for $45 shipped (great price huh). BUT...amongst all the packaging I cant find his lightsaber blade!

Can somebody please tell me where it is? Does he come with one?

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
AH HA!

I believe I found the spot where the lightsaber blade is supposed to be and its not there!!!

So I'm now begining plans to make one for him.

sergiurusu
11-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Got the R2-D2 & C-3PO set. I can say one word: AWSOME!! :thumbsup: They are so cool and besides the great look of these iconic figures, I was amazed by the easiness in kit assembly, it took less than 1 minute to assemble the kits. They were really snap & fit. BTW both the droids heads can rotate. Every year Kotobukiya comes with better products. I took some pics, see attachment

ds6161
11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
sergiurusu..

is the body of R2 detailed or is it a decal??
the body does not look like the door panels are groved or engraved...
thats what has kept me from picking this 1 up... his body just doesn't look good in the picts I've seen

thankz

sergiurusu
11-16-2006, 11:18 PM
R2's body is very detailed. I also first thought it was some decal painted on it but it is not that. You can fel the ridges and every detail on the astromech's body. Really cool!

sergiurusu
11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
BTW here are some cool comparison pictures of Kotobukiya vs GG C-3PO, and Koto vs Hasbro R2-D2:

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/starwarsdroids/?start=all

DarkArtist
12-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I might start getting some of these, thinking of starting a collection of statue style star wars. already pre-ordered the GG slave Leia.

sergiurusu
12-20-2006, 05:41 AM
I'm a bit sad because at Toy Palace the Koto Slave Leia will arrive only in January 2007. But at least I'll get a free gift

sergiurusu
01-26-2007, 12:14 PM
New McQuarrie Kotobukiya Concept Vader & Luke at Starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/koto/news20070126.html)

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
That looks sweet! Not sure if I'll get it or not, but if Koto does the McQuarrie Stormtrooper I'll be buying for sure.

sergiurusu
01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
I collect OT and EU Kotos (not PT) so I'll get this Vader & Luke set for sure! As for the concept stormtrooper that would be awsome!

sergiurusu
01-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Some more pics of this amazing set!

sergiurusu
02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Vader & Luke Kotobukiya up for pre-order at Forbidden Planet (http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36466)

scruffziller
02-09-2007, 07:51 AM
This is just too awesome to pass up. Ralph's artwork is beyond mesmerizing. His paintings ooze a strange emotional energy that clutches you as soon as you lay eyes on his illustrations. I am thinking of picking up one of his books too as a muse book for my own artwork.

BountyHunterScum
02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
This is just too awesome to pass up. Ralph's artwork is beyond mesmerizing. His paintings ooze a strange emotional energy that clutches you as soon as you lay eyes on his illustrations. I am thinking of picking up one of his books too as a muse book for my own artwork.

Yeah strange emotional energy kinda like with me and night of the comet. lol Kinda like oh sh-t I'm about to revisit a scary part of my childhood.

sergiurusu
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
D&S Toys (US) and Toy Palace (Germany) will carry this awsome Koto set too. Can't wait!

sergiurusu
02-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Kotobukiya News (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/toyfair2007/kotobukiya/)

sergiurusu
02-14-2007, 02:29 AM
I have a question for the guys who own the Koto Sandtroopers: Squad Leader (orange pauldron) and Sergeant (white pauldron) and/or Corporal (black pauldron) (the 1000 limited editions). I got the last 2 a few days ago and they are awsome.

But it seems there is a small color difference between the Squad Leader and the other 2 Sandys: while the 2 rare ones have a white armor (with dirty paint applications) the Squad Leader is a bit more grey. Are there any white Squad Leader versions?

jonthejedi
02-14-2007, 04:46 AM
The incredible McQuarrie Concept Duel set is up for preorder from SWShop.com...while they last. I'm going to frame my orig. art print from the 1978 Portfolio & mount it behind the two figures.

Battle Droid
02-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Can wait for Grievous, I hope it's him twirling his lightsabers, and cutting into the floor.

sergiurusu
02-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Here is the pic of the Sandtroopers I was talking before:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4592/displaykotobukiyasandtrax0.jpg

jonthejedi
02-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Just picked up a Koto. Boba Fett for $30 off over at Shop SW.com...they had others as well.

Jayspawn
02-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Anyone see that pic of ROTS Obi-Wan? Its not painted but its looks sweet!!! The sculpt is good so lets hope the final paint opps fit.

jonthejedi
02-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Not yet. I never got the Ep. II Koto. Obi, which has been on backorder at Star Wars Shop forever.

sergiurusu
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Here are the ligh-up Yoda and new Obi-Wan pics

sergiurusu
03-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Is there anyone who knows something about this cool Kotobukiya Predator 2 statue? I intend to buy it but I'd like to know your opinions if you already got it.

jonthejedi
03-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Just an F.Y.I...the Ep. III Obi-Wan is up for preorder at SWShop.com. I'm def. picking this one up for myself.

sergiurusu
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Here is the painted Koto Obi-Wan

sergiurusu
05-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Kotobukiya: buy one get one free at Toy Palace (http://www.toy-palace.com/index.php?cat=c144_Statuen---B-sten.html)

sergiurusu
05-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Gen. Grievous