PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Toys: Bram Stoker's Dracula in 2005!!

Beast
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Ok, I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to Toddy Boy. But this announcement seriously has me excited for a McFarlane figure for the first time in ages. I hope that they can get most of the actor likenesses and that we'll see a lot of the most requested characters from the line. A good Dracula figure in the red armor from the start of the film especially. Unfortunatly given Anthony Hopkins reluctance to license his likeness, I doubt we'll see a Van Helsing. But as long the Knight Dracula, Butt Hair Dracula, and tons more, I'll be happy. The wait til late 2005 is gonna hurt though. :)

MCFARLANE ANNOUNCES 'BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA' FOR 2005

Characters from Horror Film to Get the McFarlane Toys Treatment
December 23, 2004

Blood-suckers and night stalkers, the line forms here: McFarlane Toys has acquired the action figure licensing rights to the 1992 Oscar award-winning horror film Bram Stoker's Dracula. This is the first action figure license granted by Sony Consumer Products for Francis Ford Coppola's masterpiece.

Directed by Coppola and based on Bram Stoker's classic Dracula novel, the film has an all-star cast including Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder and Anthony Hopkins. The film has grossed an estimated $200 million worldwide and won several awards, including an Oscar.

Fans can expect the artists at McFarlane Toys to capture the details and magic from the popular movie in collectible three-dimensional glory. The new figures from Bram Stoker's Dracula are scheduled to be released in late 2005.

We have no additional details to share at this time, but we'll fill in the blanks here on spawn.com as soon as possible.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
12-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Interesting to note that it's "figures." If ever a character belonged in Movie Maniacs as a stand-alone, it's Dracula. And certainly not Robocop.

Still, should be some pretty cool action figures statues. :D

Reefer Shark
12-23-2004, 07:25 PM
That's cool. I would probably only buy the red-armored Dracula though.

evenflow
12-24-2004, 08:40 AM
These sounds really cool. I can see myself picking these up.

RooJay
12-31-2004, 03:01 AM
It's about frikkin' time!

Too bad they won't be nearly poseable enough...

plasticfetish
01-06-2005, 04:38 AM
Ok, I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to Toddy Boy. But this announcement seriously has me excited...See, this tells me a lot about you JarJar. You really like either Dracula, Vampires or Gary Oldman so much, that you're actually willing to say nice things -- at least initially -- about McFarlane toys. (Very Interesting.)

I'm always up for a good Gary Oldman figure. I was pretty excited when they came out with that Lost in Space, Doctor Smith figure -- Gary as Dracula should be 1000x cooler.

Maybe they'll do a Tom Waits as Renfield figure. I think I'd probably c*** myself if they did that.

Beast
01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Well, now comes the bad news. This was rumored at the time, but has been actually confirmed by McFaralane. There are no likeness rights secured for the line, so there will not be any figures of Gary Oldman unless they are in heavy make-up. This includes 'Old Man Dracula', one of the few I was really looking forward to. This also means that the 'Muscle Armor Dracula' is likely out as well, unless it has a non-removable helmet. Blah, McFarlane -- two steps forward, one step back. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 01:13 AM
:ermm:

No Gary? Ehhh... That's no fun.

evenflow
01-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Well, now comes the bad news. This was rumored at the time, but has been actually confirmed by McFaralane. There are no likeness rights secured for the line, so there will not be any figures of Gary Oldman unless they are in heavy make-up. This includes 'Old Man Dracula', one of the few I was really looking forward to. This also means that the 'Muscle Armor Dracula' is likely out as well, unless it has a non-removable helmet. Blah, McFarlane -- two steps forward, one step back. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That sucks, but if they didnt want to give the rights what can you do.

RooJay
01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Well guess that means I'm out too! Why even bother, I wonder?

General_Grievous
02-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Is this line still a go? What's the deal?

Even though we may not get any Young Dracula or Muscle Armor Dracula figures, there's plenty we can still get:

-Old guy "Boob head" Dracula

-Wolf Dracula

-Big Bat Dracula (how he looked in Mina's room)

-Dying Dracula (kind of a mix between human and monster, seen at the end)

Oddly enough, those are the only figures I can see them making from the film. Honestly, can you see McF making a Winona Ryder figure from the movie? I don't think so.

But will this be part of Movie Maniacs 8? Because I can't really see this as a stand-alone line, especially considering that the movie is almost 15 years old.

plasticfetish
02-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah, funny how there's been no word on this, but then I just saw these pics over at the Spawn site... http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2892

I'm rarely into what McFarlane is doing, but this looks nice so far.

Ji'dai
02-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I loved Stoker's novel and thought Coppola's adaptation was enjoyable, but my vampire fetish has lessened of late. The sculpts on the statues look pretty good but I'll probably be passing on the set.

UKWildcat
02-22-2006, 12:57 AM
I think they look pretty wicked. I'd pick them up.