PDA

View Full Version : So, who else is stuck at work on Christmas Eve?

mm74md
12-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Of all days I'm here. At least it isn't Christmas Day. The few days that I could spend a weekday with my wife and two kids without having anything else to do, and I'm the only one in my building. Oh well, at least I'll get a floating holiday out of it :) And I get to catch up on some SSG reading!

Merry Christmas!

X13VADER
12-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Well I Hear You, Im Here At Work Now Also. Only Till 12:00 Noon
We Are Open Cause Our Arch Rival Is Open.

Exhaust Port
12-24-2004, 09:09 AM
I've worked both Christmas Eve and Christmas in the past but luckily I'm off this year. Hopefully your day goes by quickly. :)

mm74md
12-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm only hear until 3 (ET), but there is absolutely nothing for me to do. That's why it's so frustrating!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-24-2004, 09:48 AM
I was scheduled to work till 6:30 tonight, but my schedule got changed so i was off, but we got 20'' of snow and i called off last night, but we need help today and my Marvel Legends/ebay spending has caught up with me, so i'm workin' like 10:30 to 4:30 to get some $$. Won't be too bad. At least i can moan, "i'm not even supposed to be here today!" :crazed:

Rocketboy
12-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Yep, I've got an 11:30 - 7:30 shift tonight.
Seems like I get stuck with this garbage every year.

Good thing I didn't have any family get togethers or anything...*sigh*

hango fett
12-24-2004, 10:22 AM
seeing as the place i work at closes in october every year, i don't have that problem. neither do my parents. my mom works at a factory and my dad is a teacher.
MCE!
HF

Kidhuman
12-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Have off today, but have to work tomorrow. But my stepkids are at there Dads house for Christmas this year, and wont be home until Sunday morning. I took SUnday off rather then tomorrow for the simple fact that is whe nI will be celebrating Christmas

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-24-2004, 11:30 AM
I have to go over ledgers in a cold, coalless, bland room here at work until 7:00 p.m. tonight, while my callous boss, Ebeneazer, sits at his desk, counting money all day. ;)

El Chuxter
12-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm at work, but it's a half-day where little is likely to get done all around. But it ends with a lunch and a prize raffle. :)

My dad's working until 6, though, so our traditional CE plans are being delayed by an hour or two.

kidhuman, my condolences. :(

LusiferSam
12-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Normally this time of year I help my parents out at their store. Its a flower shop and I help with deliveries. But I've got a really bad cold right now and most of the regular deliver people were around, so I was only needed yesterday. The store is only 3 pm today (or when the last delivery van comes back).

In my "normal" job as a research assistant I can set my own hours for the most part. The only real parameters are to meet with my advisor once week to keep her up to date and too stay under a certain number of hours per week. And when working with someone else (as I offend do) we need to make our schedules click, which is normally pretty easy.

Kidhuman
12-24-2004, 01:53 PM
kidhuman, my condolences. :(

Dont feel too bad, I do CE with my family and all, but Christmas to me is about the kids and all, since they wont be here until SUnday, that is the Christams day for me, which I have off. It does suck to work on Christmas, but I would rather spend the day after with the kids around than be at work that day.

dr_evazan22
12-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I was lucky in that I was able to start a little later today, and get done earlier. One little hiccup at work was that paychecks were not in, they were snowed in in Kentucky. Me, I have direct deposit, but a couple guys on my belt don't.

2-1B
12-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm only hear until 3 (ET), but there is absolutely nothing for me to do. That's why it's so frustrating!

At least that freed up some more time to plan next year's anti-Gay parade. :)

Tonysmo
12-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Well.. Its Christmas Night. and Im here at work now. I so love Midnights.

I do. really..

JON9000
12-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Are all you guys EMTs or something? That sucks you have to work

DarthQuack
12-26-2004, 10:08 PM
This is my holiday schedule.

Christmas Eve 3-midnight
Christmas Day 3-midnight
day after xmas 3-midnight
new years eve 8-5
new years day 4AM-1pm.

Not really feeling happy around the holidays this year....:(

bobafrett
01-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I got to work at Wal-Mart with all the last minute Christmas shoppers asking me why we didn't have this item, or that item.