PDA

View Full Version : Mos Eisley $12.93 at TRU

Jedibill
12-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Mos Eisley is $12.93 at my local Toysrus right now Christmas Eve.

Kidhuman
12-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Great price, if I saw it I might have bought it just for the mini figs it comes with.

bobafrett
01-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I scored three of the Mos Eisley sets at the Wal-Mart in Villa Park for $7.00 each, and the Dagobah X-wing set for $12, and the new Falcon, for $50. I've already built the Falcon, and two of the Cantinia sets, bonding them together. Extra Sandtrooper Mini Figs WOO HOO!

Slicker
01-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I have yet to find any cheap Legos around me. Mos Eisley is still $30, Dagobah X-Wing I saw for $49, and the Falcon is still $100. The only one of those that I have is the Dagobah set which BTW is a really neat set but I would love to get the other 2 on the cheap.

bobafrett
01-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I have yet to find any cheap Legos around me. Mos Eisley is still $30, Dagobah X-Wing I saw for $49, and the Falcon is still $100. The only one of those that I have is the Dagobah set which BTW is a really neat set but I would love to get the other 2 on the cheap.

The Targets here still have the above three sets at full retail. I've been finding good prices at the Wal-Mart stores though.

Kidhuman
01-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Wal-Mart: Dagobah: 25 bills., Mos Eisly: 17 bucks, Falcon: 55 bucks(sold out)

Ji'dai
01-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I bought out the remaining stock of Star Wars LEGO from the local KB*Toys going out of business sale today. They were 70% off, but I told them I'd buy everything if they gave me 80%. They agreed and I ended up hauling off 102 sets of the 7201 Final Duel II (23 piece set that has Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, and Jedi Luke). Total sale price was $65.58 with tax; works out to about 64 cents per set. Great day for army building!

JediTricks
01-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Damn, that is awesome! All those Stormies and officers and archways will make great setups.

What are you going to do with all those Lukes though? :D

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 09:01 PM
What, that is insane. 102 sets of that. I am lmao right now. What will you do with all those Lukes? Gonna sell some on Ebay?

Slicker
01-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm gonna throw out a call here for anyone that happens to find the Mos Eisley set for under $20 if they wouldn't mind picking it up for me. I still can't bring myself to pay $30 for it. Much appreciated.

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 09:16 PM
I wish I had the cash this time around bud, it is 17 bucks here. Got the kids B-day tomorrow and he gets the dibs on extra cash for his gift.

Ji'dai
01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
What, that is insane. 102 sets of that. I am lmao right now. What will you do with all those Lukes? Gonna sell some on Ebay?

I couldn't pass up all those Stormtroopers and Imp Officers! I figured if it wasn't me it would be someone else. It was a pretty good deal considering this set originally cost 6-7 bucks. Like JT said, the army builders & archways have a lot of possibilities. I could probably put together a decent gantry for a Death Star or Endor shield generator.

I dunno about the 102 Lukes... :D I guess I can work them into a display if I swap the hair and legs with other mini-figs.

Slicker... my Wal-Mart has quite a few of the Mos Eisley sets for $15. I could pick one up for you if they still have them Friday.

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 09:37 PM
I a msorry, everytime I see that pic on my head I laugh. Idont blame ya for nabbing them. Great price. Saved a S*&tload of cash. The stormies were well worth it, plus the Imp officers as a bonus. Heck, mix up the Lukes and Imp officers pieces to create different Imp Officers.

bobafrett
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
I bought out the remaining stock of Star Wars LEGO from the local KB*Toys going out of business sale today. They were 70% off, but I told them I'd buy everything if they gave me 80%. They agreed and I ended up hauling off 102 sets of the 7201 Final Duel II (23 piece set that has Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, and Jedi Luke). Total sale price was $65.58 with tax; works out to about 64 cents per set. Great day for army building!

Dang, good buy there! I now am very upset, because I wanted to have a lot of Stormtroopers!

*mental note to self, stop by KB's tomorrow *

2-1B
02-01-2005, 12:39 AM
J'Dai, you are AWESOME. :)

Back in 2003 when those were being clearance for about 2 or 3 dollars, I was going nuts on them too for the Stormies and the bricks, and of course those Imp Officers are cool. Of course I don't have nearly that many. :D

Here's what I did with the Lukes:
I really don't care for the smily faced Officers so I swapped out as many heads as I could with Luke heads. So I was left with a bunch of smily faced Lukes that aren't being used.

Damn, I am jealous of that huge haul you made but congratulations ! ! ! ! !

BTW, I also picked up loads of the Ewok Glider sets for the Biker Scouts and to a lesser extent, the Ewoks.

On to the Cantina:

A few weeks ago I found a clearanced set at Target for $14 so I scooped it up. Pretty nice set but the actual cantina is wayyy too small so now I want at least one more, but preferably two, to build up into a bigger set. Target is sold out and Wal-Mart has a pile of them at $17 so I'm waiting longer . . . probably til it hits $10.

Slicker
02-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Speaking of the Cantina Lego set, I'd like to thank Mr. Ji'dai for picking up and shipping me one of these. Much props.:)

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Here's what I did with the Lukes:
I really don't care for the smily faced Officers so I swapped out as many heads as I could with Luke heads. So I was left with a bunch of smily faced Lukes that aren't being used.

I took my extra Lukes, turned their heads around so their faces were covered up by the hairpieces and gave them orange lightsaber blades (the energy binder pieces from the MINI podracer set) to make a Clone Luke army.

I ended up getting an extra MEC from Shopko for $7 to build a bigger Cantina, but haven't found a good way of putting them together to make a decent looking one.

2-1B
02-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey, nice to see you again, ManCan. :)

That damn ShopKo, I used to get so lucky with clearanced Legos there but no more.
I went scouting around today, hit the nearest TRU for the first time in months and the Cantina is STILL 30 rocks.

Hmmm, you know I never even considered how I would build up multiple sets of these, I guess I was just waiting to see if I actually scored further sets to try it with. Maybe I would just build multiple sets and cluster them into a group of hovels or something ? I don't know . . . anybody else try it ?

bobafrett
02-01-2005, 06:43 PM

That damn ShopKo, I used to get so lucky with clearanced Legos there but no more.
I went scouting around today, hit the nearest TRU for the first time in months and the Cantina is STILL 30 rocks.

Hmmm, you know I never even considered how I would build up multiple sets of these, I guess I was just waiting to see if I actually scored further sets to try it with. Maybe I would just build multiple sets and cluster them into a group of hovels or something ? I don't know . . . anybody else try it ?

Are you talking about the cantina set Caesar? I own 4 of them. I built 2 and attached them to each other. I have been shopping other clearance sets to see if I could get any "creature" or "Alien" like lego types to add to the other tables in the set(s). I got the last 3 cantinia sets at $7 each.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM

Nice to see I'm still appreciated around here. :D

I think if you had three sets you could put them like this: |_| so it would be enclosed and then two archways to close the gap between. The two side pieces could be alcoves with the middle part made into the bar separating the two halves. I'd try using parts from one of the landspeeders to fill in the gaps.

bobafrett, do you have any pix you could post of your MECs? That's not a bad idea, getting alien parts from other Lego sets. I found that the Yeti from the Orient Express line is not a bad Wampa.

2-1B
02-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Yes indeed, fantastic idea Frett (and yes I was referring to the Cantina :) ).

I like that idea of mixing in the Landspeeders, if I get 2 more sets then I'll definitely cannibalize one speeder, probably both of them.

You know, something else I thought of, I could use one Cantina set and make up a Mos Espa set maybe . . . I have Padme and Anakin from the Podracer, I could do something that way. Mix in a Jar Jar and a Qui-Gon from a TPM Jedi set if I can ever get more of those and who knows ?

Right now I'm scouring eBay for more Final Duel 2 sets and any other add-on sets I can score on the cheap. :D

bobafrett
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes indeed, fantastic idea Frett (and yes I was referring to the Cantina :) ).

I like that idea of mixing in the Landspeeders, if I get 2 more sets then I'll definitely cannibalize one speeder, probably both of them.

You know, something else I thought of, I could use one Cantina set and make up a Mos Espa set maybe . . . I have Padme and Anakin from the Podracer, I could do something that way. Mix in a Jar Jar and a Qui-Gon from a TPM Jedi set if I can ever get more of those and who knows ?

Right now I'm scouring eBay for more Final Duel 2 sets and any other add-on sets I can score on the cheap. :D

After seeing the one forum member here with his score of Lego sets from KB, I went to my local KB and found 5 sets at 3/$10. I bought the three sets, and almost put them back when I saw the 12" KB exclusive Chewbacca. I ended up getting them all.

Cool idea with the Mos Espa set Caesar! I almost bought the Watto's junkyard set, but never saw it clearanced, then I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure if I searched eBay, I'd find it, but then I'd buy so much more. :eek:

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get my new computer, and figure out how to get it up and running, then figure out how to get the pictures uploaded. I'm using the public library computer for now, but placed an order for a computer last night.

2-1B
02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
You know what, I totally forgot about the Watto's Junkyard set. Darn you Frett, now I need to go bargain hunting for it. :D

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I picked up the Dagobah X-Wing today for 20 bucks. Cant wait to put it together

Slicker
02-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Dagobah is a good set KH. The X-Wing is a better design than the original Lego one and the little hut of Yoda's is a neat little extra aspect of the set.

BTW, the Mos Eisley Lego set is quite neat. I love the cute lil Dewback and the Sandtrooper is just damn cool. I wish they'd have released him with the escape pod that came with 3PO and R2.

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 10:41 PM
$20 for the X-wing? Niccce! It's a great set, the only mods I've done so far are moving the landing gear back a stud or two to hold the cargo door in place, extend the cannons, and take the 3 hanging vines and plut them onto Yoda's hut (one is attached to the interior ceiling, it actually looks really cool this way).

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 10:43 PM
I am not gonna set it up for awhile as i have no room for it. Its gonna sit next to the Falcon until I find somewhere for it. :(

Ji'dai
02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Speaking of the Cantina Lego set, I'd like to thank Mr. Ji'dai for picking up and shipping me one of these. Much props.:)

No problem Slicker!

If anyone finds a 4482 AT-TE out there I still need that set. I've heard reports of them being found on clearance at TRU and LEGO stores.

Yeah, nice buy on the Dagobah X-Wing KH. Wal-Mart here is not budging from their 50% clearance prices on the X-Wing and Mos Eisley sets. I wouldn't mind scoring more of those two sets if I can get them less than half.

2-1B
02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I was waiting on my WM with their $25 tag on the Dagobah X-Wing and my patience paid off because today they had them down to $18 ! ! ! :)

Also, they dropped the Cantina from $17 to $12 so I bought my second of that set, and next week I plan on buying a third. ;)

Kidhuman
02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Great finds Caesar....

Edit: but I got one better. Went into Wal-Mart tonight and found Dagobah for 13 bucks. Couldnt pass up another one at that price. ;) :beard:

2-1B
02-04-2005, 11:55 PM
NICE, kh ! Congrats.

There are still a bunch of the Dago-Wings here so I figure I have one and now I'll just wait to see if they drop again. If they go near $10 I'll definitely get more.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I finally opened my Dago-wing last night. Tons of dinky parts...good thing my 2-year old was in bed. I must be just slow, but it took me the whole length of TTT EE (I was watching while putting it together) including those long fan club credits to get the whole thing assembled. This thing just rocks and Yoda's crib is just sweet. Glad I got this set and even gladder that I didn't pay $50 for it.

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 12:48 AM
So watching that movie and putting it together, would you say a fair amount of dedicated time is 2-2.5 hours to assemble?

2-1B
02-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Wow, then I guess I won't bother starting it tonight now that it's 5 minutes til midnight. :D

Maybe I'll just do these 2 mini-ship sets I got on clearance.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-07-2005, 02:16 PM
So watching that movie and putting it together, would you say a fair amount of dedicated time is 2-2.5 hours to assemble?

I would say so, but JT would probably disagree. He's the speed demon of Lego assembly, IMO. ;)

The wings were tedious to assemble because there are four of them and they are pretty close in the kind of parts needed (between the top and bottom sets, I mean). Plus there are so many friggin small pieces that it's not the easiest to find them all really quickly...either that or I have really bad ADD and can't remember where I put them all once I open up the bags.

JediTricks
02-07-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm actually a pretty slow builder, but this one took me I think just under an hour (the stickers held me back the most). ManCan is right about all the small parts being a real slowdown, but since I was used to the way the wings went on (it clips to a lightsaber blade) that was no issue.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
The thing about this set that just wows me is the gear mechanism to open the wings. Some fine engineering on that setup. Plus the R2 socket looks much better than the original set. My only beef is with the storage compartment. It's more realistic than the first one, but it doesn't seal all the way. I still like the old one's storage bins better.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
The gearing on the wings is a good use of Technic design, especially effective for such a minimalistic approach. The droid slot isn't as cool as the one I designed for the original X-wing (I built sides to the slot and it sealed the droid in via hinge-bricks and smooth plates) but is pretty good none the less.

I agree about the storage compartment, plus I'd also like to complain that there's not much room in there with that angled brick inside.

Oh, and while looking at mine, I found another mod I did, I plugged the hole created by the technic brick in between the wings, and I filled in the trim around the droid slot area.

Kidhuman
02-09-2005, 10:25 PM
So I am in WM this morning and see two snowspeeders and the cantina under hte 2.50 clearancxe sign. I was like no way. I scanned them and it was ten bucks each. I asked to get them for 2.50 and they said no someone moved them. I was irritated. Didnt buy em. I would of bought them all.

DarthQuack
02-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I found about 5 Cantina's and 5 Dagobah X-Wings for 17 and 25 dollars respectivly. Didn't get them yet though, hoping they drop a little more in price. Any thoughts as to how often Walmart drops clearance prices?

Kidhuman
02-10-2005, 01:17 AM
They drop em every week - two weeks. Depending on if they sell.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I think it all depends on if their still selling. I have an extra X-Wing and SS stashed (the last of each) and the prices have been the same for over a month. They don't do it the same as Target, so I may as well pick them up as soon as next payday.

DarthQuack
02-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I went to my local Wal-Mart to find the X-Wing for 13 bucks!!! It was awesome....although was a little disappointed that the Cantina was at 17 dollars, but picked up Final Duel 2 also for 3 bucks, so total it was 17 bucks!! A great deal. Just have to keep my eye out for more clearance deals.

2-1B
02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't have a certain timeframe locked down yet for when my local Wal-Mart drops prices. When I last checked (last Friday) they finally cut that DagoWing and Cantina down but just to be safe I'm checking again tomorrow.

As soon as it drops again, I'll buy another pair.

I'll keep doing that until they're gone, might as well stock up on the extra parts for a song like that !

DarthQuack
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I started putting it together before work today, worked on the X-Wing for about an hour, skipped the X-Wing and went straight for the hut, was easier to put together because of less pieces looks pretty good so far though.

2-1B
02-11-2005, 12:41 AM
That's exactly what I did Quacky, I hit that hut first. :)

2-1B
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Cool ! I stopped today and while I was bummed out that the Wings are gone, they DID lower the Cantina to $7 and of the 8 or so remaining, I bought 3. ;)

First I grabbed 2 and then after I found no other Lego deals, I figured what the heck, why not get a third one.

So that's 5 sets total, I think I'll definitely use 3 of them to build up a larger Cantina area and I might use a 4th to make Anakin's house. I'm going to take an extra Greedo, put some small legs on him, and have him become Wald. Should go nice with Anakin.

DarthQuack
02-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Great finds Caesar, I also scored a Cantina today, for 10 bucks, and they had about 6 X-Wings for 10 bucks also, might go back tomorrow for another one of those to make a fleet.lol Might also get another Cantina, your "making a larger cantina" sparked my interest as well.

Ji'dai
02-11-2005, 06:26 PM
My WM still has not budged from the 50% off clearance prices on the Cantina and X-Wing. Unfortunately, the sets are slowly selling so I don't know if they'll slash the price again. I want a couple of X-Wings and four or five Cantinas to combine 'em like you guys are doing.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I think clearance prices go down every Thursday or Friday (I seem to remember that it's every Friday) if the department manager deems them worthy of a lower price.

Caes, nice finds! On mini-Greedo, you might want to try something else: I wasn't happy with the mini-legs on Yoda, they're not short enough, so I used 2 stud plates for his feet instead (I later changed them to the single-studs with vertical clips on the front to give more of a claw look, but that wouldn't really matter to Wald).

Dang Quack, X-wings for $10 each? I'd love to find one of those! Nice get!

Kidhuman
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
I finally picked up the snow speeder today. I had to return some defective Vidoe Games I bought. It was a 10 value pack and they had no more, so I exchanged it for the Snowspeeder.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Not bad, half-off, it's certainly worth that (I think so anyway). I did end up adding seatbacks (those handle dealies they often use for seatbacks) for Luke & Dak though.

Kidhuman
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
HOw do you mean you added seatbacks?

2-1B
02-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Caes, nice finds! On mini-Greedo, you might want to try something else: I wasn't happy with the mini-legs on Yoda, they're not short enough, so I used 2 stud plates for his feet instead (I later changed them to the single-studs with vertical clips on the front to give more of a claw look, but that wouldn't really matter to Wald).

I was just thinking about this tonight because now that I DIDN'T find another X-Wing, I'm not going to be able to cannibalize a Yoda anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, I even thought about using a few of those round studs to make tube like legs. :D

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Round stud plus square stud would make for a very leggy-looking leg. :D

Slicker
02-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I was just thinking about this tonight because now that I DIDN'T find another X-Wing, I'm not going to be able to cannibalize a Yoda anyway.
If you need help getting another one I can pick one up for you at $17. I also saw the Cantina for $13.

aceguide
02-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I just picked up the Cantina set for $13 plus 2 snowspeeders @ $7 each! Local WM...

DarthQuack
02-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Nice pick up, I got both of these over a week ago, like them both a lot!

Kidhuman
02-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Nice grabs Ace. They are great sets