PDA

View Full Version : what did you get for x-mas???

hango fett
12-25-2004, 12:11 PM
hey all.
i got spidey 2 for the DS, star wars trivia 2005 calender, new cd player, lots of lottery tickets and gift certificates. (on the lottery tickets i have won 69 dollars and i have 80 dollars of wal-mart gift certificates.)
so it was a pretty good day for me.
what did you guys get???
HF

sith_killer_99
12-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Kubricks Series 3
Droids Cartoon DVD
Gift Certificate to Best Buy

I got more stuff, but, since we got snowed in here in KY and couldn't make it to Ohio, I am not sure what else I got.

I bought my wife a laptop and I bought my daughter Jedi Force Darth Vader, C-3PO with R2-D2, a drum kit and a SSR Chevy Pickup with built in speaker and CD player for her Barbie.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-25-2004, 02:46 PM
SK- a drum kit?!?! Your daughter's gonna be a lil' rocker, that's awesome! Prepare to hate those drums before you love'em though. :D

Hellboy DC DVD
ATHF V3
Brian Eno- "Music for airports"
"The Shawshank redemption" score
new DVD tower
Matrix Ultimate DVD set
"Zombie Survival Guide" by max brooks
80 bucks in checks
TBD Gift card from my bro (get it in Jan)
Gollum plush doll as a gag gift

All in all, pretty good year! Happy Christmas, y'all!! :crazed:

Exhaust Port
12-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Season 1 of Transformers and Dukes of Hazzard on DVD as well as quite a number of other movies. One of the other DVD's is The Day the Earth Stood Still which I'm really excited about, I just love classic Sci-Fi.

There were plenty of other items but the DVD's were the highlights. :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

kool-aid killer
12-25-2004, 03:19 PM
The most notable thing i was given was a Dell laptop. Ive wanted one for a while now and was pleasently suprised to have one given to me. I also recieved two videogames for my Gamecube, four DVDs, some cash, and a couple of Transformer toys. Merry Christmas!

Battle Droid
12-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Lego AT-AT
Lego X-Wing Fighter (newer version)
Pablo-Jill
Yarua
Sly Moore
Celebration Ceremony Queen Amidala
OTC TIE Fighter Pilot
VOTC Stormtrooper
TRU Silver Darth Vader
The Cestus Deception novel
Republic Commando Hard Contact novel

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Star Wars related stuff:

Battlefront for PS2 (didn't ask for it :) )
DVD Trilogy (yes, I waited on this)
Bespin Leia OTC (knew it would be easy to find, wasn't going to hassle people
looking for stuff that was to hard to find)
Display Cases

Other Stuff:

America by Jon Stewart
Shirt & Tie
books & cds

Perhaps the greatest gift I got this year, came on the 22nd, high-speed internet! :cool:

Last night I gave away a Darth Maul lightsaber to a 3 year old neighbor across the street, who came over with his family. His reaction was priceless. Made me feel warm inside. The father said "now watch him beat up his newborn sister with it."

DarthQuack
12-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Futurama Vol 4 (Now I have the whole series!!)
MASH Season 4
Cheers Season 2
Sealab 2021 Vol 1

Clothes and other gift cards as well. I have a great family :)

Sith Lord 0498
12-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Perhaps the greatest gift I got this year, came on the 22nd, high-speed internet! :cool:

That was my big gift too (well...aside from the new computer to use it on). Mine was activated on the 23rd instead of the 27th. Plus, my wife (who'd been yelling at me for buying so much lately) told me I could subscribe to Hyperspace the night our DSL went on-line!!! lol

Now, as for Christmas itself...

Star Wars Related Stuff
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
Star Wars: Panel to Panel (Dark Horse Comics covers and pages)

Audio/Video
Before Sunset DVD
Phantom of the Opera DVD (gory 1989 Robert Englund version)
Yellowcard - "Ocean Avenue"
Kelly Clarkson - "Breakaway"
Spider-Man 2 original score by Danny Elfman

Clothing and Accessories
Fossil watch
Nautica wallet
Zip-up fleece
Sweater
V-neck shirt
Robe
Pajama pants

It's been a gooood Christmas... :D

mabudonicus
12-26-2004, 08:10 AM
I got a PS2 and Spidey 2 (possibly the coolest game ever until I get SW BF) and NHL 2004 and Wolverines revenge(an older game, but it checks out)
AND some slippers, and some little digicam that I apparently don't have the correct drivers for (which is a tough thing to fix since my PC is currently not online)
AND SW related, only thing I got was a Queen Amidala notebook and organizer- my Mom buys me every clearance SW item she finds whilst out bargain hunting

So nothing too flash, but the PS2 is the most exciting gift I've ever received- specially since we didn't have a DVD player yet :beard:

hango fett
12-26-2004, 08:21 AM
with the gift card i got from my sister last night, it totaled 110 on gift cards. my mom and me went to WM this morning at 6 and i got the hummer H2 RC car (which is awsome! scared the crap out of my dog!) and i got 5 packs of yugioh cards (please no harsh comments on that)
MCE
HF

Darth Mina
12-26-2004, 06:58 PM
I got a new digital camera a Nikon D1X and a Swiss army backpack for my computer. I was a goooooooooooooooooooood girl this year :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hango fett
12-26-2004, 08:01 PM
might want to change your sig....i didn't give you that avatar!!! LOL!
HF

Exhaust Port
12-26-2004, 08:50 PM
I got a new digital camera a Nikon D1X and a Swiss army backpack for my computer. I was a goooooooooooooooooooood girl this year :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sweet merciful crap!! Nikon D1X?! Nice girl? You must have cured crippled children or something. :) I want your Santa to come over to my house next year.

What lenses do you have for it?

Rocketboy
12-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Let's see...
Games:
Battlefront for PS2
Online adapter and headset for PS2
DVDs:
Simpsons Season 4
The Bourne Supremacy
Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison 2 pack
Christmas Vacation
Hellboy
Other/Toys:
An autographed picture of Lobot (thanks Slicker!)
New watch
Ask Yoda
Chewie/Threepio Hallmark ornament
Sam's Club Millenium Falcon (which was odd, since I don't collect anymore, but still cool)
Tons of clothes I wanted/needed
A few other little odd and ends.

I didn't get the 3 things I didn't buy earlier and dropped not so subtle hints about - Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (which I wanted more than Battlefront) or the 2 Ewok DVDs.
Oh well. No big deal.
All in all, I made out pretty good.

Turbowars
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
I got a new digital camera a Nikon D1X and a Swiss army backpack for my computer. I was a goooooooooooooooooooood girl this year :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DA $3400 Camera? You must have been way better than good this year. You must be selling figures on E-bay to get that one.lol

hango fett
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
my dad surprised me today with th eluke FX lightsaber! he had it out at school and couldn;t get to it because of 4' snow drifts. but i got it today!!! it is very cool!
HF

LusiferSam
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
I got a number of Lego sets (my figure still hurt form putting them together) This includes the new Falcon (now I have to buy the yellow heads to fix it) and the #8386 Ferrari F1 (not as cool as the #8458 Silver Champion). But the not the set I was really hoping for, #8455 Backhoe (it looks like a cool set).

Some other gifts are a book on cathedrals that I've wanted and some CDs (mostly to replace the tapes that I have). My dad got me a new sleeping bag. It rated to -40 F and is a monster 7 lbs. And random amounts of cash (enough to buy the Lego backhoe).

But maybe the coolest thing I got was a celestial clock from my grandfather. It's very fancy. Along the time of day there's a model of the Earth-Moon-Sun system to track the Moon and its phases, the Earth's orbit and relationship to the Sun, and the Zodiac. My only real complaint is there's no second hand or good way to deal with a leap year.

The 'Xir
12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, I didn't get any SW stuff!!! :dis: :cry: I think my parents and sister are afraid to buy any of it fearing they'll get something I already have, but I've always told them I don't care if they do, 'cause I like to have doubles hell even triples of anything! Yet every year... nothing! :(

Turbowars
12-28-2004, 10:37 AM
LOL yeah same here. When I did get SW stuff from my family I had to tell them to order it from a catalog like Sears and JC Penny. Back in the 90's they had all sorts of SW crap. Now if they get me something SW it's something nothing to do with my collection, so I just tell them to get me cloths.

Darth Mina
12-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Sweet merciful crap!! Nikon D1X?! Nice girl? You must have cured crippled children or something. :) I want your Santa to come over to my house next year.

What lenses do you have for it?
I got the 70-200 f2.7/G ED-IF AF-S VR & the 17-35 f2.8/d both of them Nikor lenses they are wonderful I also got my self the Adobe CS classroom in a book

DarthQuack
12-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Used my Best Buy card to pick up Predator Special Edition. Great pick up for only $14.99!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2004, 05:35 PM
My family and I went to Disneyland for Christmas and will be opening up presents in a few days, but I already got a few.
*Pablo-Jill
*Napoleon Dynamite poster (at Downtown Disney)
*Jack Skellington shirt (at California Adventure)
*Jedi Training Academy Shirt (at Disneyland's Star Trader)
I got my sister the ROTK 4-disc set, I want to hurry up and watch it.

RooJay
12-31-2004, 03:32 AM
I did pretty good for Christmas this year. I got a new leather jacket, an MP3 player (my first!), Simpsons Season 4, Ren & Stimy Season 1 and 2, The Incredibles interactive 3-pack, a 14 inch talking Mr. Incredible, the DC Comics Encyclopedia, Count Dooku, Obi-Wan and gold Mace Windu .45 scale lightsaber replicas, some cool new jammies (THANKS MOM! :D ), a few new LOTR figures (via giftcards), Chasin Amy the Criterion Edition, Swingers, a couple of the Army of Darkness figure 2-packs, some cool new shoes from my uncle with the impeccable taste, a new Star Wars watch, Simpsons UNO (since my family has already got me just about every version of Monoploy out there guess they thought it was time for a new game!), some cologne, aftershave and bodywash (what am I supposed to do with bodywash anyway?), a new shaver, several giftcards, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. Not too bad a haul If I do say so myself! ;)

Exhaust Port
12-31-2004, 08:19 AM
I got the 70-200 f2.7/G ED-IF AF-S VR & the 17-35 f2.8/d both of them Nikor lenses they are wonderful I also got my self the Adobe CS classroom in a book

Wow, very nice. :)

DarthQuack
12-31-2004, 08:40 AM
I got a late, but AWESOME present from my sister who came in from Boston....the Darth Vader FX Force Saber.....it is just in one word, AWESOME!!!

hango fett
12-31-2004, 01:37 PM
yes it is, DQ. but lukes is better. the motion sensors don't go crazy and there are more than one clash sounds!
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2005, 05:20 PM
We had our present-opening endeavor this morning. Since we went to Disneyland, we got less (my mom said that the total for me and my sisters was usually what they spend on each of us), but it still seemed like a lot.

Star Wars stuff
*Sandcrawler
*Holiday Edition 2004
*Sly Moore
*OTC Jawas
*POTF2 Detention Block Rescue playset
*POTF2 Death Star Escape Playset (I ordered both of these a while back on the KB site for $5 each)
*TRU Jedi Council Scene 3
*OTC X-wing Fighter
*OTC Slave I

Non-Star Wars stuff
*Franz Ferdinand CD
*Modest Mouse CD
*Original NES Super Mario Bros. for GBA
*LOTR Two Towers for Gamecube
*$20 for XBox Quidditch World Cup (which is gone everywhere now)
*$7 for calendar
*$40 from aunt & uncle
*$15 Borders giftcard
*$20 Borders giftcard for me and my sisters

Slicker
01-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I didn't do all to bad this year. I got:
*8 different OTC figs
*2 different SW calendars
*Jeans, T-shirts, socks
*3 of 4 Hallmark Ornaments
*12" VOTC Stormtrooper

All in all not bad. I try not to make it tough to shop for me so I didn't buy much OTC before Christmas so that the family could get them for me.

bobafrett
01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I got a the following:

A Star Wars calander
A $10 Wal-Mart Gift Card
A $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card
A Cubs Riddell Mini helmet
A Kerry Wood Bobble head
but the best gift was the CD rack my son built for me in wood class!

Ji'dai
01-15-2005, 06:26 PM
My Haul this year:

LEGO Millennium Falcon
18" Jack Sparrow (both versions)
Star Wars Trilogy DVD
Lord of the Rings EE trilogy DVD
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7 DVD
Futurama Vol. 3 DVD
Droids/Ewoks/Ewoks DVD
Bart Simpson talking "slammer" doll
Some OTC figures I picked out
Set of VOTC (which I pre-ordered by the case thinking they would be hard to find at retail :D)
Stud finder (keeps beeping at me :p)
Laser level

Kidhuman
01-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Well, I got the usual....toys...and lots of them, some gift cards too. I got Sweetrain whats in the picture....

Exhaust Port
01-15-2005, 09:25 PM
New carpeting?

Ji'dai
01-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Coon dog, eh? Looks like you've adjusted well to the genteel life of the South... for a Yankee big city boy that is. Ah found prequel figures make mighty nice chew toys for breakin' in a new pup.

Reefer Shark
01-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, I got the usual....toys...and lots of them, some gift cards too. I got Sweetrain whats in the picture....

Is that a Springer Spaniel? Looks like a pooch I had many, many years ago. Ahhhhh, good ole Ozzy - R.I.P.

-----------
As for my goodies:

No SW for me this year, which is good since I would probably already have anything non-collectors would find anyways.

My little lady showers me with gifts every year. Tons of clothes, 3 pairs of shoes, $100 gift card to Best Buy, X-Box magazine subscription, and the one that I got to choose - a new version PS2 - sweet!

Her folks got me the ROTK EE boxset - I really love that!

My employers gave me a FAT bonus, which enabled me to get a few Gentle Giant busts and Clone Wars maquettes (and a few other things that I can't really mention here ;) ).

I would say Santa really hooked me up this year! :D

Slicker
01-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Stud finder (keeps beeping at me :p)
It could be because it's late or because I've been drinking adult drinks with some friends but that made me laugh out loud. I really need to get some sleep.:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Kidhuman
01-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Is that a Springer Spaniel? Looks like a pooch I had many, many years ago. Ahhhhh, good ole Ozzy - R.I.P.

Its a bassett hound

InsaneJediGirl
01-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Cute dog :D

I got $200 in cold hard cash,because my family has no idea what type of SW items to buy me.That and a "Bumble" figure from the Island of Misfit Toys!

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2005, 08:46 AM
My girlfreind got me Napoleon Dynamite, the Napoleon movie poster, and she even made me a flippin sweet boondoggle keychain to stick in my pants when I wear my Endurance shirt.

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Sweet gifts Rebo's Guitrarist.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Flippin sweet ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2005, 09:16 AM
I think time off from work and sleep are the two biggest gifts that I, as a kid never appreciated, but now can as an adult can cherish this Christmas ;)

It's still kinda early, opening only my stocking and a few gifts from my brother but I received a 2006 SW Calendar, the Talking Vader Hallmark Ornament, and a life-size Boba Fett cardboard cutout. Still hoping for more, more details to follow.

sith_killer_99
12-25-2005, 09:52 AM
It was a Gentle Giants Christmas this year.

I got the ROTS Darth Vader and ESB Yoda! Meesa vewy vewy happy!:thumbsup:

Turbowars
12-25-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't know how my wife did it, but she got me the Saga Carkoon Leia, Han, Bib and Fett. I guess the Chewy and Barada were gone. I was blown away!

Kidhuman
12-25-2005, 10:08 AM
The wonderful suprises of christmas morning eh Turbo.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Check out this shocker.........my mom got me this, its actually a photograph used in one of the original Star Wars posters......her friends, husbands, father had a photography shop and somehow aquired the negative of this.......and my mom had a print made for me. Its so cool.....shes trying to get me the negative but it will probably be hard to obtain..........definitely the best present I have gotten.........a real surprise.......

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-25-2005, 11:04 AM
That's pretty sweet, Rebo!!! Was it part of an old poster or ?!?? It'll be interesting to see the history of that shot once we find out!! :crazed:

I got:
15 dollar gift card to Best buy
Aqua Teen Hunger Force- v. 4
Sealab 2021- v.3
Sin City: Uncut, extended
40 year old virgin (unrated, WS)
Johnny Cash: Live @Folsom
and some $$.

all in all, very good year!! Merry Christmas, Kids! :D

bobafrett
12-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I got:

$50.00 cash from my boss at Nancy's pizza. Used $20 to get myself the titanium ARC-170

A replica signature Cubs baseball for the 2005 Cubs team from a co worker

a mini food chopper from Wal-Mart

a promise of a gift from my son

A red shirt t-shirt for me to wear while working at the Y.M.C.A., so basically a new work shirt which was cheaper than the nice polo style shirts we wore last year.

Bah humbug.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Here is my list of goodies:

a pair of jeans
a unc tarheels long sleeve t-shirt
raymond felton bobcats jersey
sweater
pair of football pajama pants
hard drive for my xbox 360 (doesnt work so I will have to exchange it tomorrow)
raymond felton jersey/autograph card
$$

pegger
12-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I usually don't get anything Star Wars related form Christmas because I buy it as soon as I see it....

BUT this year, my wife really surprised me...got me the Interactive R2D2 (cool) AND a Mace Windu FX lightsabre. My 2 year old son has been chasing me around the house with it...calling me Vader. Great gift!!:thumbsup:

InsaneJediGirl
12-25-2005, 11:06 PM
This year,I got :

2006 SW Poster Calendar,Call Upon Yoda,Jedi Vs. Sith Battle Pack,BK Stormtrooper watch,Bumble the Abominable Snowmonster plush(With sound :D),SW Monopoly,Simpsons Road Rage and some clothes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2005, 01:19 PM
SW stuff:
*Ultimate Lightsaber (freakin' sweet!)
*Clone Wars Vol. II DVD
*Holiday Vader
*Utapau Shadow Trooper
*White Clone Evolutions
*R4-P17
*Vulture Droid
*Crab Droid
*Lava Reflection Vader (the newer one)
*Stass Allie
*Wookiee Heavy Gunner
*Assault on Hoth Battlepack
*DVD Clones 3-pack
*Republic Gunship
*Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
*Grievous' Wheel Bike
*Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
*Wookiee Flyer
*Green Jedi Lightsaber
*Clone Wars Volume 7 (comics)
*Vader and Jedi Xbox Controller 2-pack

Other stuff:
*IPod (well, not ON Christmas but I'm getting it this week since they were sold out everywhere)
*Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Xbox game
*Caesars - Paper Tigers CD
*Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds CD
*Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason CD
*MADtv Stuart shirt (he's dancing and it says "Look What I Can Do!")
*Brooklyn shirt (my sister lives there)
*Talking Napoleon Dynamite doll-thing
*$15 Barnes and Noble giftcard
*$50 VISA giftcard
*$10 for a calendar

And other good stuff that's not technically mine, but for other members of my family:
*Office Space DVD
*Charlie and the Chocolate Factory DVD
*Serenity DVD
*Harry Potter Scene It game

So it was pretty good. :D Now to fill the very few remaining holes in my 2005 collection while they're on the shelves . . .

Deoxyribonucleic
12-26-2005, 01:35 PM
star wars related:

the leia in slave outfit hallmark tree ornament (from my girlfriend)
a whole bunch of vintage sw action figures (from my girlfriend)
Darth Vader Episode V FX Lightsaber (from my Mom)

:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I got several LEGO sets which is what I mainly asked for this year. And I ended up with a fistful of dollars to buy more stuff with.

I also received Clone Wars Vol.2 (plus the figure 3-packs) and Simpsons Season 7 on DVD, both of which I already knew about since I had to pick them up.

Then plenty of socks and other unmentionables ;) Can't ever have enough underwear I guess.

Battle Droid
12-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Dark Lord - The Rise of Darth Vader Novel
ROTS Non-Exclusive Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter
#41 Clone Trooper x10
#34 Black Clone Pilot
#54 AT-RT Driver
#56 Mustafar Sentry
Droid Tri-Fighter
Infant Leia Organa w/ Bail Organa
POTF Yoda w/ backpack
Deluxe Crab Droid
ROTS Clone Trooper 3 Pack (2 white, 1 blue)

scruffziller
12-26-2005, 03:08 PM
$25 WM card.
Some clothes.
Waffle Maker.
Seinfeld Season 6
Clone Wars Vol. 2
Super Sweeper
and these awesome collector's pins!!!!!

Lord Malakite
12-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Not counting money or the stuff I already picked out for myself to be pretend "gifts" for the sake of my youngling siblings this is all the stuff that I got:

A pack of standard playing cards with my most hated NFL team (the Bengals) logo on the back :cross-eye
A large Hershey chocolate candy bar

This year beats out last year's gift of a near death experience thats for sure, but over all nothing really to get into a big fuss over. Christmas seems to have become a bit more "eh" ever since going off to college.:tired:

UKWildcat
12-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's what I got.

Dvds:
Sin City Recut UR
True Romance UR DC 2d
Serenity UR
Aeon Flux DC Complete Collection
The Office Season One
The Simpsons Season 7 (box)

Other stuff:
$50 GC to Target
A really nice/comfortable blanket
An extremely nice razor!
Stewie Griffin pajama bottoms :D
Socks,T-Shirts, clothes... the usual

I got a few other things as well but that pretty much sums it up. I had an excellent Christmas, I hope you all did too!

Reefer Shark
12-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I got lots of junk and nic-nacks from most of my family. It's the thought that counts though! :thumbsup:

The real gifts were exchanged between my wife and myself. We decided to make it easy on ourselves this year, and just go out and buy what we wanted. I got a really FAT Holiday bonus this year - so why not, right?

She got some fancy handbag and wallet, and I scored myself a 27" HDTV for the office, X-Box 360, and a HD compatible system selector (also some games, movies, cables, X-Box accessories, etc...). I must say, it was a damn good year! Santa hooked us up! :yes:

I'm off to play some Call of Duty online. Come on and get fragged, my gamertag is MAK0 SHARK...

sith_killer_99
12-26-2005, 06:57 PM
I have noticed a lot of folks here (and in the survey thread) say they didn't get Star Wars stuff for Christmas because noone would know what to get them.

I have had the same problem, in years past. This year I just created a "Christmas List" folder in my pictures folder. Then I downloaded pics of what I wanted and labeled the picture. I actually set up several folders in the main folder. Here's what I did:

My Pictures > Christmas List > Gentle Giants

My Pictures > Christmas List > Medicom

My Pictures > Christmas List > Kotobukiya

My Pictures > Christmas List > Misc.

My wife was able to find exactly what I was asking for. I ended up with 2 new Gentle Giants Mini Busts!:thumbsup:

Technology is a wonderful tool!:yes:

My wife went a similar route. She made a wish list through Amazon.com and I just printed it out and went shopping!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I have noticed a lot of folks here (and in the survey thread) say they didn't get Star Wars stuff for Christmas because noone would know what to get them.
I have a list that I keep updated of all the current SW items that I need. That way, when my mom sees something at the store when I'm not there, she can see whether or not I still need it. It works like a charm. :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
12-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I think I made out pretty well this year.

Lego:
The 4 smallest Viking sets
Sandcrawler (very cool set, only a couple of minor fixes needed)
ARC-170 Fighter (I know it's be out for months)

CDs:
Audioslave: Out of Exile
Pink Floyd: A Saucerful of Secrets (to replace the my tape with)

Video Games:
Stubbs the Zombie (very funny and highly entertaining)

Other:
North Face tent (to replace my leaking Marmot tent)
And some other small items, like some small puzzles, a duct tape wallet, and a few modeling supples.

bobafrett
12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I got deivered to my house on Christmas by the U.S. Post Office, a gift from my brother and his wife. It is a wooden santa holding wooden stockings with my son and my name painted on the stockings.

My family some years ago couldn't afford to buy everyone a present, so we decided to just do a "creative Christmas". That fizzeled out after I only got one gift, and the rest of the years I was given a drawing of what my gift was supposed to be, with promises of completeing it, only to have that person never complete it. Some of my creative gifts can be seen here:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=102722

Plus a window of an apartment I lived in that I painted many years ago.

Rogue II
12-27-2005, 10:09 AM
I got:

DVDs:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Blue Man Group
Cannonball Run
Ren & Stimpy season 4/5

Games:
Age of Empires III
WWF Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

Other:
- Sony cam corder
- Star Wars Miniatures
- Some packs of hockey cards, which had a Turek jersey card and a mail in for Group 'A' Rookies. Upper Deck said to wait 12-16 weeks for delivery
- $20 gift card for Walmart because my wife said she didn't know which floor mats I wanted
- electric razor (which is getting returend, my wife thought I wanted one)
- a couple of t-shirts
- some cash from Grandpa

General_Grievous
12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Mainly all electronics for me:

Simpsons Season 7
ATHF Vol. 4
Titanic Special Edition
Sin City Recut
King Kong Production Diaries
Madden '06 for PSP
Lord of the Rings Tactics for PSP

plus

A $50 iTunes gift card
and the Star Wars Poster Book

El Chuxter
12-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Got some giftcards to Target, Best Buy, and WM. I hate Best Buy, but I suppose I'll pick up that exclusive Foo Fighters CD and some other stuff, since someone already put money into their evil pockets. The Target card has already been transformed into. . . Sunstreaker! So I suppose we can say that my mother-in-law bought me Sideswipe's vain twin brother. ;)

I got the plug-in TV games for FF and SW, several t-shirts (my wife told her sister "no t-shirts," and she evidently missed the "no"), Star Wars Lego for the Gamecube (one of the best SW games I've played), Bubba Ho-Tep on DVD, and a lot of chocolate and such.

DarthQuack
12-27-2005, 07:30 PM
*Gift card to the mall
*Steak knifes
*Clothes
*The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
*SNL Best of Will Ferrell and Best of Chris Farley
*Luke Skywalker F/X Saber, ROTJ Version (I guess)

Deoxyribonucleic
12-28-2005, 02:11 AM
I hate Best Buy,

and you like Wal Mart?? WTF? ;) Wal Mart is the :twisted:

lol

other non-star wars:

old navy gc
best buy gc
season 1 of star trek voyager (gonna get season 7 Voyger with my gc)
a moose that poops chocolate candy
the softest red blanket in the world
season 7 simpsons in the marge head
madagascar dvd
money
and a white shirt for work

The best part of christmas was that we celebrated a "progressive" christmas...we went to one of my aunt and uncle's home for appetizers/salads, went to another aunt and uncles for dinner and then to our house for dessert and gift opening. It was GREAT to spend time with my family, I love them so much! We had a really great time together! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
12-28-2005, 04:24 AM
and you like Wal Mart?? WTF? ;) Wal Mart is the :twisted:

Not really. However, I've come to the realization that I am going to find about 50% of my toys there and never see them again, so a gift certificate from there I can just carry around and get those toys without actually spending money there.

Kidhuman
12-28-2005, 07:35 PM

That has to be the best present ever

Exhaust Port
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=102722

Is that you making the dragon? That is VERY cool not to mention shows a lot of talent. I made an ashtray once. :)

bobafrett
12-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Is that you making the dragon? That is VERY cool not to mention shows a lot of talent. I made an ashtray once. :)

Yes, I took pictures as I constructed it out of clay. It took many hours of rolling small balls of clay, then pinching them to a point, and placing what became scales on the dragon. All of the clay items seen were made by me. I would love to do that for a living, just don't have the financial backing to take enough time to build up an inventory to make it worth the while. Thank you for the kind words EP.

I love those things. We had them at Wal-Mart, and I kept forgetting to pick myself up a couple. I think they are brown jelly beans.

DarthBrandon
12-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Not enough, dam kids are stealing all my thunder.:D Got lots of gift certificates (various places) , Darth Vader statue, 1 kick-a#@ winter coat & plenty of junk food. My son got tons of Marvel Legends (series 9,10,11,12 (almost all of them & enough to build Sen & Gal)) some S.W. figures (6 or 7 figures was all he asked for) some justice league figures, some S.W. card games along with Calendars, lightsabers & clothes. My daughter got lots of baby toys & clothes; she was most interested in the wrapping paper. :love: The misses got plenty of gift certificates, lots of chocolate, clothes etc.)
All in all it was a good day but way too commercialized for my tastes, I hope everyone else had fun with their families for this is what Christmas means to me.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
That has to be the best present ever

it seems right up your alley my dear :p :thumbsup:

Bobafrett, the candy that the moose poops out is actually really hard cola candy, like sweet tarts in a way. It would make sense if it was softer though like jellybeans :lipsrseal

Slicker
12-29-2005, 12:59 PM
It's a sign that I'm getting old when I ask for PRACTICAL stuff.

*bed pillows
*jeans
*t-shirts and socks
*cologne

I did get lots of Star Wars stuff: several sets of the Target ornaments, a couple of Hallmark ones, Star Wars calendar, etc.

I also got to go home which is the best gift of all (I know that sounds cheesy as hell and would fit best in a Hallmark card but it's the truth)

Rogue II
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Bobafrett, the candy that the moose poops out is actually really hard cola candy, like sweet tarts in a way. It would make sense if it was softer though like jellybeans :lipsrseal

Or little Babe Ruth nuggets.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
It's a sing that I'm getting old when I ask for PRACTICAL stuff.

Whats a sing? Isnt that what you do with a song?

Rogue II
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
In some cultures, a sing is kind of like a sign, but more musical.

Slicker
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know what he's talkin' about RII. Everything looks perfectly fine in my post.;)

Rogue II
12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Yes it does. Some people can't seperate between sign and sing.

Kidhuman
12-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Post editor!!! :mad:

Rocketboy
12-29-2005, 04:49 PM
A new coat and gloves and slippers and other clothes.
A near life-size ceramic C-3P0 jar with M&Ms inside (it opens from the circle on the back/top of his head).
An Artoo mug also filled with M&Ms.
The BK Vader watch
Family Guy Volume 3 DVD
Beavis and Butt-head Volume 1 DVD
Scrubs Season 2 DVD
And today I picked up the King Kong (1933) DVD (with $25 gift)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I'll only list SW items:

ROTS digital watch
LEGO C-3PO connect & build pen
Emperor Palp PEZ dispenser
Chewie mug w/M&Ms

And I bought a couple figures on sale for myself, as well as a couple novels & books.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Didn't get anymore Star Wars after my initial post on this thread, early Christmas day. However I have been having a lot of fun with my new Star Wars friend. His job is two-fold; to be my own private body guard and to protect our precious Christmas tree.

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2005, 01:53 PM
SW-Related (from my wife)
Darth Vader (ANH) .45 scaled lightsaber
"Episodes IV-VI Visual Dictionary"
Darth Vader coffee mug
Star Wars logo T-shirt

SW-Related (from my parents)
Darth Vader (ROTS) mini-bust - 470/20,000
"The Art of Star Wars Episode I" - hardcover edition
"Mythmaking: Behind the Scenes of AOTC"
"Episode I Visual Dictionary"
"Episode II Visual Dictionary"

SW-Related (from ME...hit the motherload on 12/23 at WM)
Titanium Series 6" Scale - ARC-170 Starfighter
Titanium Series 3" Scale - Republic Assault Cruiser
Titanium Series 3" Scale - Republic Turbo Tank
Unleashed Battlepack - Utapau Clonetroopers

Other Presents
"Batman Special Edition" DVD
Pai Mei (NECA's "Kill Bill" Series 2 line)

bobafrett
12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Today I got a basket of body cleansers, soaps lotions and stuff, from a gal at work whom I think likes me. I'm getting frightened, she is 10 years older, and about 100 pounds or so more than me, and I am about 220. She is nice, and great to talk with, but just not my type. I actually like being on my own.

Turbowars
12-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Today I got a basket of body cleansers, soaps lotions and stuff, from a gal at work whom I think likes me. I'm getting frightened, she is 10 years older, and about 100 pounds or so more than me, and I am about 220. She is nice, and great to talk with, but just not my type. I actually like being on my own.Just be nice and don't lead her on. Sometimes just being friendly is leading someone on.

CaptainSolo1138
12-31-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm so far behind on the boards that I just noticed this thread.

I got Lego Star Wars and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 (the absolute worst game in the franchise thus far, but that'a a whole other thread) for PS2, a bunch of new figures (mostly clones), the new TIE, 500th Vader, Spud Trooper, and a TON of DVDs (the Trilogy, TPM, the Smokey and the Bandit "trilogy", both volumes of Clone Wars, Rudy, Major League, Top Gun, and the 3rd volume of Family Guy). I got a bunch of other stuff, but it escapes me right now. I have my final "Christmas" tomorrow with my in-laws and nephews on that side, so I may have to edit this post.

Today I got a basket of body cleansers, soaps lotions and stuff, from a gal at work whom I think likes me.Dude, maybe she just thinks that you smell funny. Don't get ahead of yourself.:p :D :beard:

UKWildcat
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM

Can you please post a pic of this? I'm dying to see what it looks like!