PDA

View Full Version : Girls dig my toy collection!

Tycho
12-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Nerds no more! That's right.

I have so much Star Wars stuff, I have a Republic Gunship in my kitchen window.

Chicks come bye and have asked me if I had a son, or if those are my toys, LOL.

Well, naturally I have to explain to them that I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I also have to show them my Transformers and Star Trek stuff, and the Terminator toys, too.

Then they want to come over, hang out and "do a movie night" and see stuff (like the Terminator movies) that they've never seen - or say ("I remember Jean-Luc Picard. I used to watch him sometimes when I was in grade school") and then say "let's kick back and watch Star Trek. Do you have the old episodes?" (Do I ??????!!!!!) ;)

They say I'm cute and get excited about this stuff like a little boy.

Then they hang around a lot - and then some.

I've just been thinking about that, as I have a girlfriend and need to watch who ever else I spend too much time with, but it sure is strange that when I thought hot chicks would say "Geek! Loser" etc. and not be bothered with a dork like me (who needs to leave the bedroom at 6:30am to make Wal-Mart on time to get Clone Wars animated figures every morning), and they like me as a guy with personality. Go figure.

Guys - be yourself and enjoy your life. I don't think you'll be denied friendships and companionships because of your interests. It never happened to me.

Now I just have too much attention when I have ladies over in my pad trying to figure out how to transform my Autobots into cars and back again.

Needless to say, my latest party was a little weird, but I'm loving life I think!

sith_killer_99
12-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Sure, didn't you know!

My wife has her Buffy/Angel and Xena figures and I have my Star Wars figures. Not to mention all the Dolls my wife has. Chicks love this stuff. You just have to be careful with the whole "Perter Pan syndrome" thing. ;)

InsaneJediGirl
12-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Maybe they just feel sad that all you have are toys ;) Or are secretly plotting to somehow take the collection for their evil forces....

JediTricks
12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
... and then Tycho woke up. :p

The 'Xir
12-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Ummm Tycho, I think I'll stay with the philosophy that girls are interested in you, because you already have a girlfriend! It's like the whole married thing, desiring the unattainable! I think I'm a pretty decent looking guy, and I can safely say that my Star Wars collection has never gotten me laid! Usually a whole lot of beer and dancing helps, but never sci-fi toys!

So what brings you here tonight? "I was really hoping to bump into a guy with a big Ultra Magnus" Yeah BabY!!! ooooo :crazed: :rolleyes: lol

What does scare me a little though Tycho, is that you said the girls get excited about this stuff like little boys?!!! Hhmmm I think I've solved it Tycho is really Michael Jackson!!! :eek: j/k buddy! :p

sith_killer_99
12-27-2004, 11:39 PM
I am a firm believer in the "desiring the unattainable" theory! Girls see you with another girl and they go nuts, girls see you with a ring, and they go nuts, girls see you aren't interested and they go nuts.

Did I ever mention that I am strikingly handsome. :D

Exhaust Port
12-28-2004, 12:33 AM
I've started dating again but have yet to bring a girl back to the apartment to see the collection. It should be interesting to see what reactions I get when they walk through the door. Of course I hope to get a reaction similar to what you've experienced Tycho. :)

stillakid
12-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Uh, yeah. There's nothing like a wedding ring to get hot chicks interested. If I had known that back in the day... :ermm:

But never has mention of the toy collection garnered anything but :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Guys - be yourself and enjoy your life. I don't think you'll be denied friendships and companionships because of your interests. It never happened to me.

Yeah, sorry to say but you're pretty completly and utterly wrong with that statement. But hey, more power to ya, i guess. Then again, you do live in Cali, where Ah-nuld was elected Govenor and Vin Diesel was given a career, so i guess stranger things have happened. ;)

Tycho
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Well I went to KB during the Star Wars sale and I got a 15-inch Wookiee! :D

It's really a sight to see.

JON9000
12-28-2004, 06:47 PM
my girlfriend thinks my SW habit is a bit odd and juvenile. She's a good sport about it, though. :D

Darth Jax
12-28-2004, 09:42 PM
gotta side with Tycho here. i'm fairly selective about the girls i bring to my place, but i've yet to get a negative reaction when they see the toys displayed in every room. typically they want a tour and chance to look at and touch everything.

that's not to say that when the topic comes up in public conversation (which is quite rare) that i get the same reaction. then it's the smirks and giggles, typically followed by a discreet request for a chance to see it

stillakid
12-28-2004, 09:44 PM
...touch everything.

Everything? :sur:

Darth Jax
12-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Everything? :sur:

everything toy-related. as for the rest, well you win some, you lose some.

LusiferSam
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I think that's great advice. I always try to be myself. If you're try to be someone else sooner or later you'll be found out. It best to be honest right from the start. Doesn't matter whether its friends, girl/boy friends, coworkers, etc.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-29-2004, 04:09 PM
...girls see you aren't interested and they go nuts.

Is that why Tom Cruise is so popular with the ladies? ;)

sith_killer_99
12-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Is that why Tom Cruise is so popular with the ladies? ;)

Not to mention, George Michael! :crazed:

dindae
12-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Ultimately it comes down to do you have a collection or does the collection have you. From what I know of Tycho it seems that he has a lot on the ball and just happens to have a considerable Star Wars collection. This makes the collection a point of interest as opposed to the guy who lives in his parents basement because he can't afford an apartment because he is pouring $300 a month into his collection. I personally don't bring up my collection to most people simply because I don't think most people care. This is the reason I post here, so I can get out all my excitement of the hobby without boring people to tears. As far as women go I find most don't care that you have a collection. The only time it has been an issue is when setting priorities. Say when you a broke and can't go out to eat but then somehow find the money to pick up the newest wave of figures. Take a tip don't do that it doesn't fly. Sure you may not find the figs for a while but its not worth it. :D

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
I personally don't bring up my collection to most people simply because I don't think most people care. This is the reason I post here, so I can get out all my excitement of the hobby without boring people to tears. As far as women go I find most don't care that you have a collection. The only time it has been an issue is when setting priorities. Say when you a broke and can't go out to eat but then somehow find the money to pick up the newest wave of figures. Take a tip don't do that it doesn't fly. Sure you may not find the figs for a while but its not worth it. :D

Funny you say that, dindae. That's exactly the reason I use the forums, and that's exactly what my wife argues with me about with regards to our finances. She never really let the collection influence her opinion of me (considering she saw it on our second date b/c my friend was visiting and wanted to watch a movie in that room), but the moment I say we're broke and then call to say "Honeeey...they've got the new animated wave...can I..." It's immediately "No. You said we're broke. Now hang up and finish getting the stuff on the list." :)

Kidhuman
12-30-2004, 04:31 PM
In those situations where you are broke and see new figures, head to lay-a-way. Thats what I do. 3 bucks compared to thirty-forty is a big difference. I can do with out lunch for a day at that price. :D

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
In those situations where you are broke and see new figures, head to lay-a-way. Thats what I do. 3 bucks compared to thirty-forty is a big difference. I can do with out lunch for a day at that price. :D

Yeah, that would've been a great option, but I found the Animated Wave 3 about two or three days before Christmas (Darth Alex could probably help me out with the exact date). Wal-Mart doesn't accept new layaways in the weeks leading up to Christmas, so that option was out. Fortunately, I had a few extra bucks on me and got the red ARC Trooper.

Still, my wife's cool about the collection. As a matter of fact, she asked me to pick her up an R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry during Midnight Madness. :)

Kidhuman
12-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Thats odd, because I was putting new stuff on Lay-a-way all through December at mine. I have tons of VOTC on there. Must be certain stores.

Tycho
12-30-2004, 10:56 PM
As a matter of fact, she asked me to pick her up an R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry during Midnight Madness. :)

I've noticed girls liking the talking R2D2 figures - at my place, back at MM, in other stores later on, etc.

R2D2 gets chicks man.

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Thats odd, because I was putting new stuff on Lay-a-way all through December at mine. I have tons of VOTC on there. Must be certain stores.

Now that I think about it more, maybe it was just K-Mart and I merged the two stores in my head. Oops...

Oh well, the ARC Trooper was the one I was really interested in anyways. :)

dindae
12-31-2004, 07:22 AM
Still, my wife's cool about the collection. As a matter of fact, she asked me to pick her up an R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry during Midnight Madness. :)

Yeah my girlfriend start getting the vintage plush ewoks a couple of years ago. I would tease her about starting to collect Star Wars and that I was rubbing off on her. :D