PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race! Please Help Me!

mastermatt24
12-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi guys- I missed last weeks episode of the Amazing Race. (Didnt remeber the award show thing was on...) Can some one fill me in? :confused:

dindae
12-29-2004, 08:58 AM
They left it as a cliffhanger. The wrestler' car broke down and they missed the last train for the night so they are a day behind pretty much. You can go here and get almost a play by play.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/show/ep06/

Mandalorian Candidat
12-29-2004, 11:38 AM
They did one of those lame Survivor-type flashback shows last night to get everyone caught up. The week before they acted like last night's show was the second half, but then CBS realized that duh it's the holidays and why put on a new show.

I was waiting for more unaired footage, like seeing Jon beat up his wife somemore. I hope they end up going to some third world country and Jon gets tossed in the clink for jaywalking. What a dink.

mastermatt24
12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the help. Right after I made the thrread I found that Phils diary and I watched it, and I saw last nights episode so I guess Im pretty much caught up..
The thing last night was dumb.. (except for the last ten minutes for me :D) they had about a clip for each episode..

OC47150
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
It was the first time in six seasons of AR that a clip show was offered. It was eventually going to happen.

If memory serves correct, Survivor hasn't done a clip show the last two or three seasons.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
It was the first time in six seasons of AR that a clip show was offered. It was eventually going to happen.

If memory serves correct, Survivor hasn't done a clip show the last two or three seasons.

I'm pretty sure they've done one every season on Survivor. I remember one from Vanuatu.

I think they had to do a clip show for AR this season cause it happened right in the middle of the holidays. Networks rarely put on new shows during that 2 week period due to typical low ratings across the board. I think they were just trying to keep the avid watchers placated while waiting for this week when everyone goes back to their regular work/school/tv watching schedules. Plus Amazing Race is usually a Spring or Summer show so they don't have that two week gap where they lose watchers.

I'm betting that the wrestlers don't get booted off tomorrow night, or at least not solely from missing the train. It just seems too much like they will from the promos, so I'm betting it's a red herring on the producers' part. I'd love to see that hosebag Jon go. He is such a pain in the A.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
VICTORIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :D
God what an a-hole he is. I seriously hate him, but at the same time he makes the show a lot more interesting.

Last week's episode was a waste, especially since we weren't even warned of it being a clip show the week before! Tomorrow's will be good though.

mastermatt24
01-03-2005, 11:25 PM
VICTORIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :D
God what an a-hole he is. I seriously hate him, but at the same time he makes the show a lot more interesting.

LoL. He does. I cant believe that she is still with!!

OC47150
01-04-2005, 08:09 AM
My theory about Bolo and Lori for tonight's show:

* They will catch the first train back to Budapest and hook up with the other teams, who are waiting for a challenge to open.

If I saw Jon on the street, I might have to punch him out.

My favorite teams are Gus and Hera and the long-distance dating couple (the cute blonde). They're taking everything in stride and enjoying the ride, too.

mastermatt24
01-04-2005, 11:36 PM
My favorite teams are Gus and Hera
They are my favorite team now that Don and MaryJean are gone ( :cry: ) Even the last AR I liked Chip and Kim, I dont know why but they make me laugh! :crazed:

dindae
01-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah I like Gus and Hera too but alas they are gone just like any team I start to like. I knew they would go sooner or later though. Besides Gus being slow he always took the long mission at the detours. Anybody who watches the show knows don't ever look for anything for a mission. What do they do in the first one? They look for the clue in the icebergs. I knew right then they were doomed.

OC47150
01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
I will miss Gus. He had a great attitude about the competition. I'm glad we didn't see him in a Speedo, though.

I'd like to see Kris and Jon win, or anyone other than Jonathan and Victoria.

During last season's finale, I was watching it with my mother. I gave her the remote control during the last 15 minutes so I wouldn't throw it at the TV in case Colin and Christie won. So many teams have blown it in the last few minutes.

#7 is now filming, but no air date has been given. Rumor is, Amber and Boston Rob from Survivor are one of the teams. I hope and pray that's not so.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-06-2005, 06:35 PM
#7 is now filming, but no air date has been given. Rumor is, Amber and Boston Rob from Survivor are one of the teams. I hope and pray that's not so.

Ha, ha, ha. :crazed: No really...

Really?

I didn't want to see Gus and Hera go, but they were pretty much at the bottom of the heap in about every show.

That Fred dude had about the worst show outside of getting booted off: having that bar conk him in the face, blowing up in front of everyone, then having to eat that puked-in soup. :speech: It was a pretty good show, though I almost barfed myself just from Victoria's heaving noises.

I had a good flashback to that one scene in "Stand By Me."

OC47150
01-07-2005, 07:53 AM
That's the rumor.

An article I read pointed out that there are only couples left on AR; only two married couples out of that, too.

I truly think the bar incident was an accident. No one pushed the bar up high enough for it to lock into place and its weight brought it back down.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I truly think the bar incident was an accident. No one pushed the bar up high enough for it to lock into place and its weight brought it back down.

That's what I thought. The only person with enough cojones to do that was Jonathan, but he was long gone when the bar came down.

They've spent most of the show in Europe this time around. Usually they only have 2-3 pit stops there, but now they've spent just about the whole show except for Chicago and West Africa. I wonder if it has anything to do with heightened terrorist threats or seemingly greater amount of America-hating due to Iraq/Afghanistan.

OC47150
01-07-2005, 10:48 AM
That's what I thought. The only person with enough cojones to do that was Jonathan, but he was long gone when the bar came down.

They've spent most of the show in Europe this time around. Usually they only have 2-3 pit stops there, but now they've spent just about the whole show except for Chicago and West Africa. I wonder if it has anything to do with heightened terrorist threats or seemingly greater amount of America-hating due to Iraq/Afghanistan.

I don't know of anyone who taped Tuesday's show for me to go back and check that theory, but I'm sticking with it.

The trip from Scandinavia to Africa and back to Europe was odd.

I'm going to have to watch the opening credits more closely. It gives hints as to where they're going. That's how I knew they were going to Berlin. (Great city to visit, BTW.)

dindae
01-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't think anyone pulled it down. If there was anything to see from the tapes they would have zoomed in on it just like when they do anytime someone makes a mistake.

OC47150
01-07-2005, 02:01 PM
This season, the teams have stayed in countries longer than in previous seasons. Germany, Hungary and Sweden or Norway come to mind.

OC47150
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Judging from last night's preview, we'll be leaving Europe for good next week.

I had to tape last night's show because of a church meeting. At the recap at the beginning, I rewound and watched in slo-mo the gate incident as best I could. It looks like what we decided speculated in previous posts, a pure accident. The gate barely got over the tallest man's head before it came down.

OC47150
01-19-2005, 01:54 PM
The heavens opened, the angels rejoiced!

Jon is gone!!

Now we can enjoy the rest of the show.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2005, 06:44 PM
The heavens opened, the angels rejoiced!

Jon is gone!!

Now we can enjoy the rest of the show.
Yay! Victoria was starting to annoy me almost as much as he was. I was so glad when I saw that they only had one donkey, that was sweet.

OC47150
01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Using the yield to slow Freddie and Kendra will come back to haunt Rebecca and Hellboy. Dumb move.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Using the yield to slow Freddie and Kendra will come back to haunt Rebecca and Hellboy. Dumb move.

Totally. Really stupid on their part. I didn't understand why they would help out Jonathan and Victoria unless they have some unspoken alliance going that was edited out. The great part is that it backfired on them because they came in after F&K due to Adam's blatant stupidity. He has those hair horns wound up too tight.

Now with J&V gone I'm hoping Helldweeb will go home next.

dindae
01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah I wouldn't doubt Adam goes home next. For someone that looks like he is in good shape he is the biggest wuss. I am terribly out of shape and I know I could beat him in any challenge he's done so far. Gus could have beat him in any challenge.

OC47150
01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Gus was slow but steady, like the tortoise.

OC47150
01-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I hope Hera let ole Dad have a tall, frosty German beer after they were eliminated. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
01-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Gus could have beat him in any challenge.

Ha Ha! Ain't that the truth. And Gus and Hera only just went out right before Jon and Victoria. I hope that does some serious damage to that hosebag's ego.

OC47150
01-24-2005, 08:46 AM
From most of the media reports I've read, Jon has been doing damage control to his reputation since the show started airing. He received hundreds of nasty emails a day, including death threats.

He blames editing, which everyone does. Editing can only be blamed for so much.

dindae
01-24-2005, 08:58 AM
While I know they probably cut most scenes of him being loving to Victoria to trump up the evil image, the fact that they had more footage of him yelling at her then I have yelled at my girlfriend in a year(and that is very generous) says something. I would be surprised if physical abuse was not a part of that relationship.

OC47150
01-24-2005, 09:01 AM
From our perspective, it definitely doesn't look healthy.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Since he's an "entrepreneur", I wonder if his TV image has hurt or even helped his business dealings.

dindae
01-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I can't think that it would help. Nobody wants to work with a jerk. And I would think if he were selling and idea to an independent business woman he would have a hard time.

OC47150
01-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Since he's an "entrepreneur", I wonder if his TV image has hurt or even helped his business dealings.

You know old Jon-Boy's gonna try his hardest to put a positive spin on it and make it work in his favor.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I really liked last night's show because the race to the end was a good free-for-all. For some reason it felt like a 2 hour show, but that's probably because I was sick of hearing Adam whine about always missing the bus or the train. I was rolling when those dopey wrestlers forgot their ticket and Rebecca remembered to give it to Adam. If it wasn't for her I bet he would have left it too.

So far about everyone is starting to get on my nerves, as what happens in every season. Kendra bugs because of her ****y attitude of foreigners and their food, customs, whatever, Hayden is such an annoying nag, Adam is a total moron and is so whipped on Rebecca I imagine his testosterone level is on the same level as a 7 year old girl. I'm gunning for Jon and Kris to win (or at least I think that's their names) because they are never shown to nag each other and don't act like ugly Americans.

OC47150
01-26-2005, 04:03 PM
My observations:

* I kept thinking, how many of the Sri Lankans were dead. Morbid, I know, but just one of those things that kept popping into my head. Bolo said on The Early Show that the train they rode on was destroyed.

* I think Kendra probably pooped half her body weight last night. Two words: Pepto Bismo.

* I want to think that Phil laughed his butt off when all those teams dived into the pool at the same time. It was too funny.

* Honest truth. Hayden's name is Hayden Kristianson, so something similarly spelled like that.

* Notice that Adam didn't have his hair up in the little horns during the second half of the show? Yep, sure didn't.

mastermatt24
01-26-2005, 04:06 PM
I want a Tuck Tuck! :crazed:

OC47150
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
They were fun looking, weren't they?

dindae
01-26-2005, 04:13 PM
So far about everyone is starting to get on my nerves, as what happens in every season. Kendra bugs because of her ****y attitude of foreigners and their food, customs, whatever, Hayden is such an annoying nag, Adam is a total moron and is so whipped on Rebecca I imagine his testosterone level is on the same level as a 7 year old girl. I'm gunning for Jon and Kris to win (or at least I think that's their names) because they are never shown to nag each other and don't act like ugly Americans.

I agree with you on all points. I do like Aaron though he seems like he would be a fun guy to hang around. As much as Adam annoys me I feel bad that he is going to get home and watch this and see Rebecca saying she would play the role if it means continuing the game. Normally this would sicken me but she has told him flat out that she doesn't want to be with him anymore and he hasn't picked up on it yet. I wonder what they are going to do with the two week trip they won.

OC47150
01-26-2005, 04:17 PM
I agree with you on all points. I do like Aaron though he seems like he would be a fun guy to hang around. As much as Adam annoys me I feel bad that he is going to get home and watch this and see Rebecca saying she would play the role if it means continuing the game. Normally this would sicken me but she has told him flat out that she doesn't want to be with him anymore and he hasn't picked up on it yet. I wonder what they are going to do with the two week trip they won.

Get the cash equvilant of the trip and split it?

mastermatt24
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
They were fun looking, weren't they?
Yeah!! :crazed:

OC47150
02-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Anyone want to guess who might win? I'm rooting on Kris and Jon, because they've had the bes attitude of all the teams. They've taken the time to enjoy the race more than any other team.

If one of the other teams wins, it won't bother me, either. If Adam and Rebecca win, Rebecca deserves almost all of the money.

Programming note: Jon and Victoria are going to quizzed by Dr. Phil on Phil's Feb. 15 special. Although I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil, I might have to tune in to see Jon explain himself.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I saw that promo too and laughed out loud. Two of TV's biggest blowhards together at last.

Last night's show was great. I found it suspensful due to the bad taxi drivers. I thought J&K would have bit the big one becasue of it. They're a great team, so it would suck hard if they lost, IMO, because of extenuating circumstances. I was wondering if Jon stiffed that cabbie who got them lost driving to the detour stop. It looked like he tapped the cabbie on the arm through the window then bailed, but I'm thinking he may have paid him anyway cause the cops didn't show up.

One of the funnier parts was seeing Adam getting po'ed at Freddie and Kendra at the Yield. He acted like they had committed a heinous crime or something. What's he gonna do? Like he could whip one of them in a fight. Hell, he couldn't even lift more bricks then Rebecca.

Looking forward to next week. I doubt if A&R will be in the top 3. I don't see them getting much help money-wise in China unless they run into some tourists.

mastermatt24
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I think A&R are going to be gone.. I really could care less about who wins now. All the people I like are gone and I dont really feel a "connection" towards those who are left, unlike last season I really liked Chip and Kim.

dindae
02-03-2005, 12:04 AM
I would like Jon and Kris to win but I would put my money on Hayden and Aaron.

OC47150
02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
If A&R are smart (and Rebecca is the smarter of the two), they'd go to one of the big western hotels in China and hit the tourists up for money, like H&A did in Africa. That's the only way they'd get money.

I wish the producers would do an all-star AR edition, bring back faves and foes from past seasons. That would be interesting.

mastermatt24
02-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Im sure they will- they did it for survivor.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2005, 11:05 AM
OK, anyone want to make some predictions for tonight's finale? Here are mine:

Adam and Rebecca will initially have some problems finding money, but somehow they'll be able to scrape some together by running into some foreign tourists in China. However, they'll be eliminated at the last pitstop.

After them it's all up in the air. I don't think any one team (Jon/Kris, Hayden/Aaron, Freddie/Kendra) has the advantage over the other, except that maybe J/K have an edge in usually having a positive outlook and that they work very well together.

I'm picking Jon and Kris to win mainly because I think they deserve it the most.

OC47150
02-08-2005, 11:17 AM
The only disadvantage the teams will equally share will be travel problems. That hurts every team.

I hope the teams learned from last season's faux paux of trying to mail your luggage home.

OC47150
02-09-2005, 08:34 AM
A freakin' train?!?! A great race ruined by a train!!

Kris and Jon handled it better than I would've.

It was fun to watch Hayden self-destruct in China, wasn't it?

I didn't think Adam was going to jump from that plane for a second.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't think the train ruined it for them. From the edit it seemed like F&K got there well ahead of it but the producers were trying to make it seem closer than it was.

For the life of me I can't figure out why didn't K&J check for an earlier flight, it seemed like they let their guard down. Even then they were on the same train into the city but they couldn't find their way to the watertower as fast as F&K. Once I saw that they were leaving as J&K were arriving at the pizzeria, I figured that they'd win even though they had the lamest cabbie outside of china.

I was totally shocked that A&R came in third. They totally lucked out by finding foreign tourists who gave them $$$. That one guy gave them 100 freaking bucks, too!

All in all it was a great show. We had some good villains (Jon and Victoria), some great fights, and an underdog team (A&R) make it to the final episode.

I'm really surprised that they're putting on AR7 so soon after this one ends. I wonder if the ratings are up or if CBS just can't find a replacement show. I know of only a few other people who watch this show regularly, so I'm under the impression that it's not popular. Good news for us.

It looks like they'll be spending time in SA this season because the preview showed them in Peru. AR6 spent too much time in Europe, IMO, so I hope it gets mixed up more this season. I have to wonder if it has to do with finding safe spots for Americans to go. It's not like they can do an episode in Iraq or Israel and hope everything turns out without incident.

OC47150
02-09-2005, 12:32 PM
It would be interesting to see them start by going west, toward Asia, first and then to Europe.

dindae
02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
So I totally flaked and didn't watch the final episode. I don't feel to bad because I really didn't care who won too much. I'm glad they have another one coming up soon and I'm not suprised they have a follow up so soon. They have gotten two Emmys for the show and the cost is low. The only problem is keeping it fresh but with as many countries as there are in the world it will take a long time if they try.

OC47150
02-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Eonline.com reported this interesting bit...

In other Race ramblings, CBS has signed on to do the series at least through season nine, including a family edition for the eighth installment, in which teams will be expanded from two members to four members each and be made up of family members.

I say an all-star show should be one of those. Past winners and fan faves (Kevin and Drew, the two brothers {one straight, one gay} from season three, the clowns). That would be good!

The E article also quoted the train, MC. Thought you'd find that humerous.

mastermatt24
02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
That would be good. The family one should be interesting..

Like I said before I could really care less who one this one becase I really didnt like any of the teams.

OC47150
02-10-2005, 08:25 AM
The consensus with people I watch the show with was, as long as jerks like Jonathan didn't win, it didn't matter, either. But most of us were rooting on Kris and Jon.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I read the e! article and they made it sound like they were both pretty close. How crappy to lose out from that.

I think an AR all-star race sounds good. I'd like to see some losers come back, like the two sisters from AR6 who got shafted with that hay challenge in Norway and the military dad/daughter from AR5.

The 4 person format sounds way too complicated. You'd be much more limited on what flights to get and being able to get everyone into dinky cabs. Plus there wouldn't be a chance for somemore tuk-tuk action. :)

I'm looking forward to Boston Rob and Amber getting kicked off the first show of AR7. Who's with me?

OC47150
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Right there with you, MC! Rob and Amber are just pimpin' themselves out until their wedding.

dindae
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't care that they are on the show but I'm not going to cheer for them. They already won a million dollars for doing nothing so I don't think you should be given the opportunity to do it again. I don't think they will do poorly though. They are crafty and in shape so they will get past the obligatory old couple and over weight teams unless they do something stupid. I just hope it gives the show the bump in ratings it is looking for.

mastermatt24
02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
somemore tuk-tuk action. :)

Hey! I was watching my local ABC Channel 7 and they sent Phillip Palmer back there and during his report I saw tuk-tuks driving around in the background! They survived!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Amazing Race team from hell = Boston Rob + Jon the Entrepreneur

:evil:

OC47150
02-11-2005, 12:28 PM
They'd pound the snot out of each other!

I'd watch!!

dindae
02-11-2005, 01:25 PM
How about Jon and Omarosa from the Apprentice? There would be blood on the first episode. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
02-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Did anyone else watch that wretched Dr. Phil show on CBS last night? He had Jon and Victoria on it for about 5 minutes. I'm more convinced now than ever that Phil is a total quack and probably causes more problems than he solves. For being someone who "cares" about people and their relationships he was damn confrontational. IMO, Jon even acted with more class. It was such a load of crap. To me it seemed the couple was on it just to get AR fans to watch cause the rest was uninteresting and the segment with J&V was really short. It remined me of those 11 o'clock newscasts during sweeps week where they remind you every 5 minutes about their important undercover investigation about rat feces in Hershey bars then the piece finally airs at the end, lasts 1 minute, and goes nowhere.

OC47150
02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I was going to but when that first couple (which ended up being most of the show) started talking about their sex contract, I turned it off.

Five minutes, huh?

The syndicated radio show Bob and Tom had a good skit about Dr. Phil yesterday morning. After reading what you said about the show, MC, the skit is even more appropriate!

mastermatt24
02-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow, Im glad I didnt watch it..

Mandalorian Candidat
02-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I was going to but when that first couple (which ended up being most of the show) started talking about their sex contract, I turned it off.

:D lol

I walked out of the room cause that guy was such a doofus about it, but my wife had to keep watching. Phil made that guy cave in and made him write a sappy love contract instead. The sex contract thing was really lame on his part, but Phil just has a way of lording over you his infinite wisdom of how things should be that his way of solving it at the end (after J&V's segment) turned out to be totally bashing guys.

Yeah, about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :cry:

mastermatt24
02-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Survivor should be good tomorrow. Anyone going to watch it?

Has anyone been watching 24?? I keep forgetting to make a thread..

Mandalorian Candidat
02-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm leaving school/work in about five minutes to go home to watch it.

There's already a 24 thread, but it's probably buried deep. For some reason we haven't gotten it resurrected for season 4.

OC47150
02-18-2005, 08:06 AM
I've watched half of season 1 and 2 of '24,' have all the episodes on tape and bought season 1 on DVD. Still haven't had time to watch #4 yet.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Last night's episode really ticked me off. I am sooo sick of Rob and Amber. Just the smuggest bastard on the planet. The only reason why he didn't connive this episode is that there were no bus drivers to bribe or cabs to steal. Everyone else had some problem but them. The gay dudes had two breakdowns, the brothers misread the water tower clue, Uchenna didn't pull up the stake, the old farts missed the clue, and Ron couldn't pull the logs fast enough.

I can't wait until Amber has to do a challenge because Rob's done them all. What a waste of brain cells. She is totally useless without him.

OC47150
04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Amber is still a little toady.

You have to wonder: if the two knucklehead brothers didn't stop and change into their swimtrunks, could they have beaten Meredith and Gretchen?

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
As much as I should hate them, I love watching Rob and Amber. They're total machiavellians! Rob definitely has a head on his shoulders, albeit an incredibly opportunistic one. And I'm starting to think Amber must have more brains than she seems, to remain totally under the radar in two games of Survivor, where everyone's a target.

I'm glad to see the POW/beauty queen couple starting to get under each other's skin. They've really bugged me so far.

OC47150
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I think the nation is equally split on the love-hate relationship with Romber. I can't stand them.

Rumor is, since Romber has done so well in this edition, Rupert and his family may be involved in the next AR.

I'm glad to see Ron and Kelly bicker. Every relationship bickers. But, as a co-worker and I discussed this morning, I think Ron looks to Kelly more as a buddy than a girlfriend.

mastermatt24
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Rumor is, since Romber has done so well in this edition, Rupert and his family may be involved in the next AR.

Im tired of Romber too, it would be fun to see Rupert and his family- but his little girl looked really young...

OC47150
04-07-2005, 08:02 AM
I've thought that too. I haven't checked to see if there is an age limit.

The fourth member, I've read, would be a foster/adopted child the family is taking care of.

Watching the recap show last night, I was thinking: does each team member have to perform X amount of road block challenges like last season? Each person couldn't do more than six last time.

If that's the case again this time, Amber needs to be doing a few more.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I've thought that too. I haven't checked to see if there is an age limit.

The fourth member, I've read, would be a foster/adopted child the family is taking care of.

Watching the recap show last night, I was thinking: does each team member have to perform X amount of road block challenges like last season? Each person couldn't do more than six last time.

If that's the case again this time, Amber needs to be doing a few more.

It's the same. 6 is the max per person. Amber better hope they're going to be easy cause she's such a helpless tool. The only one she's done so far is the shoeshine one in Peru, I think.

Who would have thought the old fart team would be this far along? If Vegas had odds on these teams, the oddmaker would be wearing cement footwear at the bottom of Lake Mead by now.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 09:11 PM
You have to wonder: if the two knucklehead brothers didn't stop and change into their swimtrunks, could they have beaten Meredith and Gretchen?

I wondered this too but figured it only seemed close because of the way they edited the show. I liked the brothers, I didn't want to see them go.

Romber lol , first time I've heard that one. I actually like the two of them but I'm sure I'm in the minority as most seem to despise people who play the game smart and to win instead of being all buddy buddy with everybody. I think many people have a hard time grasping the difference between being cunning and decietful while playing a game and what someone would do in their everyday life. All I know is that if I found myself with a one in eleven chance at winning a million dollars I'd do whatever it takes to win short of hurting someone. Having been on reality tv before I think Rob and Amber realize this and couldn't care less what others think of them. I applaud that attitude and personally find their competitive nature refreshing. I haven't enjoyed watching The Amazing Race this much for a long time now.

OC47150
04-10-2005, 01:16 PM
It's all in the editing. Last season, in the finale when Kris and her boyfriend were stopped by the train, they were about 20 minutes or so behind Freddy and Kendra but editing made it look like just a minute or two. I read that in a post interview with Kris.

You have to wonder how much unused footage on each team goes to waste each season.

dindae
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I hope they don't use Rupert. I'm sure it will spike ratings but I still think it gives an unfair advantage. Also didn't Amber do the shopping mission technically. I know the native woman technically did all the shopping but I think the credit goes to Amber. Also since Rob did do the eating does it count as one of the six?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Romber lol , first time I've heard that one. I actually like the two of them but I'm sure I'm in the minority as most seem to despise people who play the game smart and to win instead of being all buddy buddy with everybody. I think many people have a hard time grasping the difference between being cunning and decietful while playing a game and what someone would do in their everyday life. All I know is that if I found myself with a one in eleven chance at winning a million dollars I'd do whatever it takes to win short of hurting someone. Having been on reality tv before I think Rob and Amber realize this and couldn't care less what others think of them. I applaud that attitude and personally find their competitive nature refreshing. I haven't enjoyed watching The Amazing Race this much for a long time now.

Sure, being competitive is what makes the shows work well, but Rob is such a friggin smug liar that I just can't stand him. I don't find that side of being competitive appealing at all so I'd like to see him lose big time. Amber doesn't deserve anything she's won in the show. IMO she's weighing Rob down in that he pretty much has to make all the decisions and do the bulk of the work in the challenges. Even Gretchen's done more than Amber. Amber's only asset to Rob is that she just lets him do everything his way and doesn't bickera about it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Last night's show...well I didn't know what to make of it. It wasn't really that great and the challenges were more frustrating than fun to watch. I had to laugh that there was finally a roadblock that Amber could do. I was surprised that Rob and Kelly didn't Yield Romber. I figured they thought that being far in front of the last three teams wouldn't necessitate them to use it just yet.

I was talking with an Indian colleague from Hyderabad (sp?) about that city they were in, Lucknow, and he said it is total crap (which was obvious from the footage that was shown). He blames the poor condition of the city on a religious miniority which shall remain nameless. Looks like bigotry's not just an American commodity.

OC47150
04-13-2005, 04:20 PM
I wanted to see a team do the coal challenge so bad!! It probably would've been easier than the tea.

Rob sounded bossier than usual in the office building.

I also think if Romber wasn't on Ron and Kelly's heels, R&K would've yielded them. But that yield has been known to come back and bite teams in the butt.

dindae
04-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I was talking to my girlfriend about the benefit of yeilding someone and I don't see the point in yeilding someone in the front unless you really want a trip that may or may not be offered for winning that particular leg. The only time I see it being of great benefit is if you are in the back and need to put the last team further back so to assure someone stays behind you. The penalty is only 15 minutes right? That is nothing when you have to wait for the next bus, plane, shop to open, etc. So if you're not worried don't use it. It will only tick people off that will use it on you later if they have a chance.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I was talking to my girlfriend about the benefit of yeilding someone and I don't see the point in yeilding someone in the front unless you really want a trip that may or may not be offered for winning that particular leg. The only time I see it being of great benefit is if you are in the back and need to put the last team further back so to assure someone stays behind you. The penalty is only 15 minutes right? That is nothing when you have to wait for the next bus, plane, shop to open, etc. So if you're not worried don't use it. It will only tick people off that will use it on you later if they have a chance.

It's actually an hour, so if everyone is bunched up it could really help. The way the race is structured it almost wouldn't make a big difference otherwise, unless you are next-to-last and need a leg up. There's one more in the race, along with another fast forward, and I think it's obvious that both will get used.

I liked in the earlier incarnations that there were FFs in almost every leg of the race. It negated the bunch ups that occur in every leg from the teams having to wait for a venue to open up or a flight to get underway, etc.

OC47150
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
You have to laugh at those people in previous ARs who took the FF on the first episode. Not a smart move.

During this season and last season, I noticed more times where the teams had to wait for a specific time for an attraction to open or for a particular mode of transportation (plane, train). What's when the people who are lagging behind catch up.

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
What I find funny is how these contestants, especially Gretchen and Rob, raise their voices and talk louder to people who don't speak English, as if that will somehow make them easier to understand. lol

OC47150
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Ah, the image of Americans in general they project to the foreign masses!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2005, 10:28 AM
You have to laugh at those people in previous ARs who took the FF on the first episode. Not a smart move.

During this season and last season, I noticed more times where the teams had to wait for a specific time for an attraction to open or for a particular mode of transportation (plane, train). What's when the people who are lagging behind catch up.

I RECALL THAT THE PRODUCERS HAVE DONE THIS LITTLE TRICK SINCE SEASON 1. IT'S A CHEAP SHOT TO KEEP THE TEAMS CLOSE TOGETHER FOR A MORE SUSPENSEFUL ENDING.

Oh sorry. I thought I was in India trying to get a cab. :crazed:

mastermatt24
04-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Ah, the image of Americans
Our image is screwed with all those gay people runnin around! :dead:

OC47150
04-27-2005, 11:18 AM
It was great to see someone outsmart Romber for once. Got 'em thinking with your little comment, Rob, and it backfired on you!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
It was great to see someone outsmart Romber for once. Got 'em thinking with your little comment, Rob, and it backfired on you!

That was thee best moment till now in the season. I was laughing so hard I almost gave birth to a little Rob in my shorts. Freaking Rich and Kelly just blew it hard. They are so disjointed due to Kelly's snobby attitude that I don't see them even beating the old farts. What the hell's her problem, accusing him of getting out of the military by becoming a POW? I've never served longer than one year in the ROTC, but I was really offended by her flippant comments. If he's smart he'll have already dumped her ice princess-A.

Right now I'm going for Uchenna and Joyce. A nice couple with zero attitude and a good, non-ugly American image.

OC47150
04-28-2005, 03:35 PM
I wish AR would do a reunion show like Survivor, just to see how the teams are doing. Guess the post-TV Guide articles will have to do.

I'd like to know if Ron and Kelly are still together. I can understand where each of them are coming from. If it's not going to work, better know now than a few years down the road.

dindae
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I loved that episode. I would have loved it more if Rob and Amber ended up last. But knowing them they would get more money then the normal contestants by asking for it on the street. I knew it wasn't an elimination week because they always go to four teams and then do a non elimination round.

Hellboy
04-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Rob's comments about Uchenna (or Uchenner, as Phil would say lol ) and Joyce being stupid was pretty classless.

I loved the look on Ron's face when he and Kelly found out they won the Travelocity vacation. He didn't seem to thrilled at the idea of another vacation with Kelly, and who can blame him she's a selfish pain in the arse.

I'm glad Lynn and Alex were eliminated, now Lynn can get back home to his face and body creams he misses so much. :crazed:

OC47150
05-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Rob's a classless guy. What else can you say?

This is the first season where AR didn't go all the way around the world. South America, Africa, India, Europe and back to the states.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too..Rob is a classless guy? ;)

I thought the format was kind of weird. I'm wondering if this season was shot in the aftermath of the SE Asia tsunami and the producers felt going through the Far East would be tough.

I was so ticked that Romber made it onto that standby flight. They just seem to have the uncanny ability to pick up help and leech off of people. It is freaking frustrating. I really hope they don't just come in last in the finale, but that they are behind by like a few days when the winning team crosses the finish line. The previews show them getting pulled over by the cops, but that just has to be some drama the producers are using to drum up watchers. I bet nothing really comes of it.

OC47150
05-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Good point about the tsunami.

I hope Romber doesn't win either.

Have you noticed that the AR and Survivor producers will plug something that's earthshattering or will turn the game on its ear for a week but yet when the segment airs, it airs before the first commerical break? You can do a lot in an editing booth.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Good point about the tsunami.

I hope Romber doesn't win either.

Have you noticed that the AR and Survivor producers will plug something that's earthshattering or will turn the game on its ear for a week but yet when the segment airs, it airs before the first commerical break? You can do a lot in an editing booth.

Much of the time the plot twist thing is total crap just to hook in viewers. Like when the local news does a teaser like "Does your lawnmower hold the secret to the universe?" right before the commercial but then doesn't show it until the end of the show and it turns out to be a fluff piece about nothing. Last week's AR preview for this week's show showed the players in the buses getting ticked off, but then when they did the segment it didn't seem that bad.

I'm hoping that the final roadblocks will be balls-out tough...something needing muscles cause Amber has to do the rest for Romber. Rob's done over six it seems like and when Amber does hers they are so freaking easy.

OC47150
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
It's gonna come down to who has the fastest cab in that final stretch to the finish line.

Ron was the first person this season (I think) to acknowledge the number of challenges he'd done.

mastermatt24
05-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I was sad to see G&M leave- I liked them and hoped they were going to make it to the final three.. oh well. Next week is the finally right?

100th post!

Hellboy
05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Next week is the finally right?

Yep, 2 hours.

At this point I don't really care who wins the race as long as its entertaining but if I was betting I'd go with Rob and Amber.

dindae
05-08-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm pulling for Uchena and Joyce. Ron and Kelly have really started to annoy me maybe even more then Rob and Amber. I was hoping that they would have still been waiting for the yeild when the other teams got there and the other teams would have yeilded them too.

mastermatt24
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Yea I like them now like I liked Chip and Kim, I hope they win.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-08-2005, 03:31 AM
I share the same sentiment. Plus she could use the money to get a wig. :D

I don't want to see Romber walk away with the money, but I have a sickening feeling that they'll get it.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 07:46 AM
That is correct.

Anyone other than Romber winning is fine with me.

mastermatt24
05-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Only a couple hours left.. Cant wait.. :D
Damn so many things are ending this month its kinda scary!! :neutral:

OC47150
05-11-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm glad anyone other than Romber won. It was great to see Rob fall apart at the end.

Uchenna and Joyce ran a good race, and they deserved the money!

I'd read a spoiler in February that U & J had won, but there was a different set of teams in the final three: U & J, Romber and Lynn and Alex. I kept that info to myself.

Hey, I would've bummed the $25 off Phil to pay the cabbie, or asked CBS for an advance.

A quick note on Ron: We all know someone who won't commit to a relationship for various reasons, and Ron falls into that category. Yes, Kelly was a little nagging sometimes and opened mouth, inserted foot in a few wrong places. But I think she's too good for him. Ron wouldn't know a good thing if it came up and bit him in the *****.

BoShek
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
The only think I wished happened during the race was I wish Rob and Amber would have went to and been the first at the head shaving fast forward.

I don't think they would have did it so they would have been far behind! If they did do it they would look so bad. Either way it would have been a win-win!

dindae
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
The look on Uchenna's face when he was waiting to hear that he was first was priceless. I am very glad they won. But I definately think I would have run in and jumped on the mat then got the money for the cab. I'm sorry but I'm not blowing a million dollars so a cab driver doesn't have to wait 20-30 minutes for me to get him some money. I can see now "you just won a milliion dollars!" "Can I get an advance I need to go pay the cab driver?" :D I was so bummed when Rob and Amber got on that first plane. I thought since they were getting in during the day there would be no way for them to catch up the 7 hours they were behind.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
This, without a doubt, was the best ending ever. Totally suspenseful to the end. Having someone to despise in the final totally made this show. My wife wanted to turn off the TV once U&J were first told they couldn't get on the early jet to Miami cause she was so disgusted with Rombers smug look. I was hoping that Uchenna would bail on the cabbie then come back later, but I was glad to see him do the honest thing.

OC, what's up with your attitude on Ron and Kelly. She is such a nagging biatch. He's lucky that he's seeing her this way before getting more serious. He's not being noncommital in principle, just to her. Who would want to commit to a life of henpecking and to someone who claims he became a POW just to get out of the service? What's the benefit for him? He may be a dopey guy but I wouldn't even saddle Rob with a shrew like her. Selfish skank.

OC47150
05-11-2005, 10:55 AM
OK, they weren't meant to be. Better know it now than two years down the road.

At least they're not like Deana and the musclehead; they're engaged.

dindae
05-11-2005, 12:51 PM
At least they're not like Deana and the musclehead; they're engaged.

That sounds like a domestic violence call in the making.

OC47150
05-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Media Fiends had a recap of the final three teams on the Early Show. R&K are no longer dating (a real shocker there) but are good friends.

And Amber tried to be a media ***** and plug the wedding but it was ignored. Good.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I forgot about the whole Romber wedding thing. What a couple of lucky bastages. $1.1M from Survivor, almost $1M from AR, and now a free wedding from CBS. I'd rather watch Star Jones get married than those two. May they have a long relationship with each other far away from the TV camera.

OC47150
05-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Rob's brother had enough nerve to go to a major newspaper in his area (NY Post, I think) and complain about the control CBS had over the wedding. Well, when you sell your soul to the devil for more camera time, whadda expect!

Hellboy
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I enjoyed the finale, Uchenna and Joyce played a good game and they seem like genuinely nice people so it was nice to see them win. Though I think Uchenna's effort to make sure the cab driver was taken care of was way beyond necessary.

I still think everyones hatred towards Rob and Amber is a bit unfair, I mean they did make for one of the best seasons of AR so far and you have to respect how hard they played the game IMO regardless of whether you like their personalities or not. As far as their wedding goes, if you couldn't care less then don't watch, but again I think its unfair to criticize them for capitalizing on their 15 min. of fame (ok maybe 30 min. in their case :D ) and getting CBS to pay for the wedding. Years from now nobody will remember who they are and they won't have to worry about being in debt up to their ears like so many other couples that decide to get married and have a nice wedding. I say good for them, at least they do seem to be truly in love.

As far as Ron and Kelly are concerned I think they both treated each other poorly but Kelly's comments were far more personal and uncalled for IMO. Calling him "a stupid white-trash redneck" and belittling Ron's military service was extremely insensetive and hurtful, far beyond anything he said to her. Most of Ron's comments seemed to be in response to her negative attitude and overall lack of input/help. If she would've just focused on the race, learned to control her emotions and realized that a stressful situation is not the time or place to lay the foundation for your future they might have stayed together.

Overall a great season. Hopefully we don't have to wait until Fall for the next installment. :)

OC47150
05-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I think it's more resentment than hatred for Romber, Hellboy. They're already winners ($1.5 mil before taxes).

And you're right: they'll be a Trivial Pursuit question in a few more years.