PDA

View Full Version : Gundam "Action Fleet"

JediGoofy
12-29-2004, 09:29 AM
If any of you is also a Gundam fan, like I am, you may find this interesting. :)

Just recently I was able to find Gundam Action Figures in Italy, and among the different mobile suit figures I also found a couple of vehicles in “Action Fleet” format! They are “Transporter Midea” and “Flying Assault Carrier Gau”. They come with 5 mini figures each, which are in MM figure format (since they lack the AF figure poseability).
All in all they are very nice, and include some AF feature too. :)

I wonder if there are other Gundam vehicles in the same scale (if you know something please let me know, I was not able to find a good reference site about this matter).

Well, they are not Star Wars, but Gundam has developed a “universe” just like SW did, and due to lack of SW MM and AF we all are looking in different directions to continue our collections (unfortunately for Hasbro :frus: ).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

matthewilw
12-29-2004, 07:24 PM
I know what you're talking about. I've seen them in the states for well over a year. They started showing up about the same time as the US figures. Although I never purchased any of them because I never saw a ship that truly interested me. But I came very close to buying a few just for the figures (the zakus and guntank especially). I've never seen that purple ship you posted...I would buy that one if I saw it, I've seen the other ship though. I'm not a big fan of show, but own several of the 4.5" figures. There have been other sets, the only name I can think of is the white base, I know there was an AF scale of that ship. More recently there have been SD mini figure sets that also contain some AF scale vehicles, although I"ve only seen 2 different sets. I"ll try to find some pictures and links to some of the older sets for you.

JediTricks
12-31-2004, 01:36 AM
These are the boxed vehicles, right? There's also some carded vehicles and a few more boxed vehicles besides them, I didn't have the money when I saw them over the past few years, and even though they didn't have as much going on inside as other items, I regretted missing out.

I did however find 2 Action Fleet style vehicles in the Gundam SD line, I posted about them here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=24747

JediGoofy
12-31-2004, 03:40 AM
These are the boxed vehicles, right? There's also some carded vehicles and a few more boxed vehicles besides them.
The ones I bought are the carded vehicles. The boxed vehicles I saw are in scale with Gundam action figures, while the carded vehicles are in scale with 1" gundams.

There have been other sets, the only name I can think of is the white base, I know there was an AF scale of that ship.
The Bandai White Base I saw (in some internet site) is in scale with Gundam Collection figures, which are 1.5" figures. So it is not actually in scale with these vehicles.

I wonder if you know of some other carded vehicles besides the two I was able to find.

Happy New Year to everybody,
JediGoofy

P.S. I never saw the vehicles in the SD Gundam line which both of you are referring to. In general I do not like super deformed figures, but anyway I would like to see a picture. Do you know any reference site? Thanx! :)

JediTricks
01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
There definitely are boxed vehicles in the regular Gundam line (not sure which sub-line though) that are in scale with the smaller figures, though they might be the 1.5" that you mentioned rather than 1".

Oh, and another thing I just thought of, there are some taller Gundam action figures, 11" or so, and they're roughly in Gundam scale (most have opening cockpits of some type, but non-removable figures). The Gundam Char's Counter Revenge 11" figures, Nu Gundam and Sazabi are out of scale with the other 2 since the mobile suits in that series are around 20% bigger than other Gundam mobile suits, but they're still close to AF scale (or MM minifig scale really ;)).

As for photos of those 2 SD ships, I haven't come up with any yet, but I'll keep looking.

Oh, and happy new year to you too!