PDA

View Full Version : Various Palpatine Figures

Von-El
12-31-2004, 05:36 AM
I saw the Emperor Palpatine figure for ROTS where he has his light-sabre and force-lightining. What I dislike is that the figure looks too much like the ROTJ Emperor figure. I guess what I was expecting was for a young Emperor Palpatine type figure before the disfigurement and old age.

I'd like to see variations of the Emperor Palpatine figure:

Darth Sidious with a removable hood or cloak that reveals he is Palptine.

How about a Darth Sidious/Palpatine figure with a light-sabre before his face was damaged by Yoda.

Palpatine minus the black cloak but with a light-sabre

I'm also wondering if in ROTS--whether or not Palpatine wears his black cloak from that point on--from his declaration as Emperor. Or that even though he was disfigured, he didn't cover his face.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Maybe its just me, but holy spoiler...................

Reefer Shark
12-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Von-El,
Welcome to the boards, and thanks for posting. But please, please be careful where you post spoiler info. Some of us actually want to be suprised when we see the movie. I had no idea that Yoda does that to Palps, that would've been a nice suprise for me in the theater.

Regarding different Palpatine figures, I would bet we'll see quite a few variations of ROTS Palps (since he seems to be playing more of a major role in the flick).

They posted a pic over at GH of a Galactic Heroes Palps in a red cloak with his lightsaber. I'm sure Hasbro will make one like this for the 3 3/4" line.

Check it out:

Tycho
12-31-2004, 08:31 PM
This is a spoiler to correct Von-El's spoiler, which I believe to be incorrect

Von-El, please read. Others who do not want spoilers, please ignore.....

I thought that it would be revealed that Palpatine is far older than he appears as Senator and Chancellor, but he is using Sith powers to hide his true age. He merely reveals that, or loses his concentration to maintain that illusion when he faces off with Master Yoda.

You could be right - that Palpatine is disfigured in his fight with the Jedi Master, however, that could be because he gives more of himself away to the Dark Side. The Force is life - remember? So to use its Dark Side to destroy life is contrary to its nature (anti-life). It may have affects on those who too powerfully wield its destructive abilities.

Devo
01-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I would hope that Yoda in some way hurts Palpatine. In Jedi his forehead looks cut down the middle. I never thought that that might be a scar but it'd be cool if it was.

JEDIpartner
01-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I think he's just disfigured by evil and corruption. *shrug*

plasticfetish
01-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Some of us actually want to be suprised when we see the movie. I had no idea that Yoda does that to Palps, that would've been a nice suprise for me in the theater.Spoilers? Yoda's not even in Episode 3. There's no spoilers here -- just keep moving along. ;)

JEDIpartner
01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Well... over at Galactic Hunter, there is a picture of a new Palpatine figure. Something to note: He's wearing the same cloak as the little Galactic Hero figure in the post above.

Upon examining this figure, I noticed there was a lot of "empty" hood around the head. Could there be a head spinning feature that switches the face from Palpatine to Sidious?

You can check it out here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3817-sidious.jpg).

Reefer Shark
01-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Spoilers? Yoda's not even in Episode 3. There's no spoilers here -- just keep moving along. ;)

Jedi Mind trick huh? I think it's working... Who's Yoda again?

-----

Interesting thing about that Palpatine figure (at GH), looks like his sabre is molded in his hand. Maybe this is one that will come in a deluxe pack or something?

Head spinning Palpatine.... I wonder if he vomits green puke too? Quick, get the holy water!!

plasticfetish
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, there we have it.

Interesting thing about that Palpatine figure (at GH), looks like his sabre is molded in his hand. Maybe this is one that will come in a deluxe pack or something?Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's pretty basic looking, with no articulation really. (Kind of looks like a food promo toy.)

JEDIpartner
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Ummmm... HELLO!!!!!!

NEWS!!!

Well... over at Galactic Hunter, there is a picture of a new Palpatine figure. Something to note: He's wearing the same cloak as the little Galactic Hero figure in the post above.

Upon examining this figure, I noticed there was a lot of "empty" hood around the head. Could there be a head spinning feature that switches the face from Palpatine to Sidious?

You can check it out here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3817-sidious.jpg).

Beast
01-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Cool figure, thanks for the heads up JP. The revolving head figure doesn't bother me, as it appears we'll be getting a figure of Palpy in the same outfit in a 2-pack "cinema scene" type of thing. Can't wait to see some more pictures of the figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank you for your acknowledgement. ;)

I was like... "Oh, cool! People have posted things in regards to to the new figure!" and then I saw they just completely skipped over it and this pertained more to this thread in a concrete way than the speculation that was being thrown about.

:D

plasticfetish
01-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Thank you for your acknowledgement. ;)

I was like... "Oh, cool! People have posted things in regards to to the new figure!" and then I saw they just completely skipped over it and this pertained more to this thread in a concrete way than the speculation that was being thrown about.

:DUmmmm... HELLO!!!!!!

;)

I did say... "Well, there we have it." (Gaaaaaawd! I forgot to quote you. Sooorrrryyyy!)

:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Eh, this figure looks very weird. His hands are enormous, he looks like one of those silly Jedi Force figures. I bet that his head turns around, but it also looks like his cloak could pop off for some stupid reason (sort of like that KFC toy where Padmé could hide inside the enormous bodies of the Queen of Sabé). I hope this figure comes with a bunch of cool accessories, otherwise I'll feel ripped off.

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Okay... here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3508&text=&imageid=12878&box=&shownew=)'s why the figure looks the way that it does.

OC47150
01-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Cool feature.

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
For play value, I agree...! We are, after all, getting a regular Chancellor Palpatine figure as well as the Sidious/Emperor figure with Mace Windu in that scene pack.

Tycho
01-17-2005, 01:29 PM
I thought that it would be revealed that Palpatine is far older than he appears as Senator and Chancellor, but he is using Sith powers to hide his true age. He merely reveals that, or loses his concentration to maintain that illusion when he faces off with Master Yoda.

I told you so! - and it is fun saying so.

The fight with Mace is before his fight with Yoda, so that throws the other theory (that he's injured by Yoda) out the window.

I think Yoda gets ....well - did you ever use to play Atari's "Frogger?"

Beast
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Cool figure. Sure it's a bit off looking due to the play features, but I still think that it looks pretty sweet. Looks like it might have interchangable 'Sith Lightning' hands as well. And I'm glad we'll get a regular version of this figure as well, since many people don't like the gimmicky versions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
This is actually cool, now that we know more about it. Thankfully we're getting normal versions as well. I can't wait to see how this plays out in the film!

Tycho
01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
The pictures over at GH don't show plug-in plastic lightning like the 1997 Force F/X figures had, yet it clearly looks like this is required for his Dark Side Lightning effect.

Hopefully they'll include these. Perhaps GH's shots were without all the accessories.

Beast
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I think it's actually going to be a totally different set of hands, Tycho. Since the hands seem to actually unplug from the figure. Shame they didn't run a lightpipe from the bulb in the sleeve to the lightsaber as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
01-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Okay... here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3508&text=&imageid=12878&box=&shownew=)'s why the figure looks the way that it does.Well, there we have it. :)

Yeah... that could be a fun toy, but I'll need to see it in person. The face sculpt is kind of cool really.

The fight with Mace is before his fight with Yoda, so that throws the other theory (that he's injured by Yoda) out the window.What? How so? (Not to drag this down spoiler-lane.)

I think it's actually going to be a totally different set of hands, Tycho. Since the hands seem to actually unplug from the figure. Shame they didn't run a lightpipe from the bulb in the sleeve to the lightsaber as well.I was kind of thinking that maybe force-lightning is supposed to plug into the blue light sockets. :confused: That, and if you look at the photos of the "saber hand" when it's unplugged, it looks as though light could shine through the saber, (the wrist plug is transparent.)

Yep, this is gonna be a fun one to have on the desk to fiddle around with.

Tycho
01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
This figure of Palpatine is part of a pairable duel set, which included Mace Windu, according to set descriptions I've read.

They coincide with spoilers I read.

If this figure switches to Palpatine's true appearance, as decayed by the Dark Side, he would obviously look that way (in the duel with Mace) before he fights Yoda, who would have logically gone with Mace had he known Palpatine was a Sith (and because of other spoiler info we don't need to drag in here - but even Hyperspace has published pictures of Mace's posse).

Meanwhile, though it's possible that Yoda injures Palpatine, it doesn't cause his change of appearance to the ROTJ version. Palpatine's already like that.

Anyway, it's hard to talk about a scene-specific toy without getting too much into spoilers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2005, 09:27 PM
This figure of Palpatine is part of a pairable duel set, which included Mace Windu, according to set descriptions I've read.

They coincide with spoilers I read.

If this figure switches to Palpatine's true appearance, as decayed by the Dark Side, he would obviously look that way (in the duel with Mace) before he fights Yoda, who would have logically gone with Mace had he known Palpatine was a Sith (and because of other spoiler info we don't need to drag in here - but even Hyperspace has published pictures of Mace's posse).

Meanwhile, though it's possible that Yoda injures Palpatine, it doesn't cause his change of appearance to the ROTJ version. Palpatine's already like that.

Anyway, it's hard to talk about a scene-specific toy without getting too much into spoilers.
No, this is a deluxe figure. There's another Palpatine that comes in a 2-pack, likely with Mace Windu. There were prototype pics on GH a while ago, he had no hood and had his saber pointing out.

plasticfetish
01-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, treading lightly...

Meanwhile, though it's possible that Yoda injures Palpatine, it doesn't cause his change of appearance to the ROTJ version. Palpatine's already like that.OK. What I'd read says that Palpatine gets ugly during his "fun time" with Yoda. Not that Hasbro would dare to be too scene accurate one way or the other. ;)

So this figure is part of an actual playset, or is it just a deluxe type of thing? (Oop! I see that JJL just answered my question.)

I wonder if the mace figure will have any kind of gimmick, like a removable... :sur:

Beast
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
From what I read, Palpatine reveals this look first during his fight with Windu. But during the fight with Yoda, Yoda's attack makes it impossible to hide his 'True Self' from that point forward. And that's as vague as I can make it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
01-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Ahhhhhh... OK.
That sounds better and makes a bit more sense than what I'd read. Nuff said. (Thanks.)

Well, so...

...we've gotta wait how long for this stuff now? This is gonna be rough.

Von-El
01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for posting the Palpatine/Sidious figure.

In the Ep III trailer, I thought Palp/Sid's cloak looked reddish-brown instead of black.

Now this figure confirms that he wears a reddish-brown cloak, different from the usual black one we are familiar with.

As for Yoda injuring him or the Darkside having aged Palp--both are possible but only the movie will tell.