PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

JON9000
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
We all have CDs or songs we like that may be embarrassing to us. So let's hear it!

Me, I love "Groove is in the Heart"

How lame is that? :p lol

kool-aid killer
12-31-2004, 11:06 AM
That is lame. But i dont have much room to talk. I bought Nelly Furtados first CD for one song, the rest of that disc sucks. I also have Mariah Careys #1s, but i actually like that one. Anybody remember the group Ready for the World and their song Oh Sheila? I love that song, i used to only listen to a local radios flashback lunch hour just to hear it. I could go on with other songs, but i think ive lost enough respect already.

JON9000
12-31-2004, 01:42 PM
What do you mean? "Oh, Sheila" rules. Their follow up, "Digital Display"- that sucked.

Kidhuman
01-01-2005, 08:42 AM
First off, GFroove is in the Heart is all good. Oh Sheila is ok, not the best, nor the worst. Wanna talk embarrassing, I like Fernando by ABBA. :D :beard:

WHAT??? I like it.

Turbowars
01-01-2005, 11:27 AM
For some reason I liked the Spice Girls. Have no idea what the songs name is though. I know I know that's really bad, so bad I should delete this.:nerv: :Par:

kool-aid killer
01-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah, its good to know im not the only "Oh Sheila" fan here. "Digital Display" is okay, but prefer the other any day. Turbo, dont feel bad, i got a favorite Spice Girls song too. They talk about getting the nasty on. Holla!

evenflow
01-02-2005, 12:23 PM
For some reason I love Fiana Apple's album Tidal. My guilty pleasure.

Turbowars
01-02-2005, 12:49 PM
I have always liked Fiana Apple. She has a great voice. If she wasn't such a B--ch she might still be producing music.

Val Da Car
01-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Sigue Sigue Sputnik.....think of the techno organ music from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Slicker
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I like that song by Vanessa Carlton that's played in White Chicks. I don't know the name of it but it starts out "making my way downtown" I only like it because of that movie.

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I would walk 1000 miles, thats the tune Slicker. I love Five for Fightings 100 years.

El Chuxter
01-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Actually, it's just called 1000 Miles. Vanessa Carlton is actually pretty talented for a teenybopper. Kinda "Tori Light."

Slicker
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
The only reason I like the song is because of "White Chicks". That big ol' muscular black guy singing it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

The 'Xir
01-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Embarrassing: Yes
Guilty PLeasure: No, But I actually had Tiffany's albumn (the one with "I think were alone now") when it came out(fortunately I can say I got it as a gift and didn't actually go out and spend money on it) I also had Paula Abduls first album with "Stright Up"(once again a gift)!
Yeah, I'm all of a sudden getting the urge to delete this ala Turbowars! lol

Guilty Pleasure: Alright I still consider myself a Poison fan! I just listened to 'Flesh & Blood' and 'Look what the Cat Dragged in' the other day! 'Unskinny Bop' anyone? I know 'I want action' but only if you 'Talk Dirty to Me'! :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
01-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Poison's nothing to be ashamed of, man, they were actually really funny in a good lighthearted kind of way, nothing like the depressing drek that kids these days seem to enjoy....

My only "guilty pleasure" that comes to mind is listening to Gordon Lightfoot- since I grew up with it, it sorta makes me recall my youth..... it'sa really corny, though, and his lyrics make me cackle with glee....

And KH- guilty, for sure man, "I heard the drums fernando" man, now that stupid song is gonna be mixing in my head with "Blue Bayou" all damn day, thanks a lot

InsaneJediGirl
01-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I have a guilty pleasure for 80s music."She Blinded Me with Science" just appeals to that geek in me,not to mention other tunes from the decade.Hair metal :D

Something embarassing,I like the country song "Where the Blacktop Ends".Kinda catchy,doesnt sound very country at all.

Rocketboy
01-22-2005, 02:55 PM
After thinking about this one for a while, I don't really consider anything I listen to a guilty pleasure.
I'm mainly a rock fan, so some might consider Norah Jones or Joss Stone and such guilty pleasures

JON9000
01-22-2005, 07:32 PM
After thinking about this one for a while, I don't really consider anything I listen to a guilty pleasure.
I'm mainly a rock fan, so some might consider Norah Jones or Joss Stone and such guilty pleasures
aww come on! Isn't there a song that comes on the radio that you know is pretty cheesy but you just can't help but love? It's okay if you dig Ace of Base (actually it isn't, but that's what this is all about!).

Kidhuman
01-22-2005, 08:19 PM
And KH- guilty, for sure man, "I heard the drums fernando" man, now that stupid song is gonna be mixing in my head with "Blue Bayou" all damn day, thanks a lot

LOL, I had this song in my head the whole day. I couldnt get it out. Luckily I dont dig Blue Bayou.(But I do like Born on the Bayou by CCR....great tune)

Rocketboy
01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
aww come on! Isn't there a song that comes on the radio that you know is pretty cheesy but you just can't help but love? It's okay if you dig Ace of Base (actually it isn't, but that's what this is all about!).As I said, there is nothing I can think of.
Heck, I still proudly rock the House of Pain once in a while.

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Heck, I still proudly rock the House of Pain once in a while.
"Pack it up, pack it in......" Ain't no shame in HoP! My guilty pleasure is 80's rock, Motley Crue in particular. And not Nu Crue. I prefer Vince Neil when he could hold a note and sing all of the words. And he wasn't fat. And had long hair. And Mick Mars when he still had his hip. Did anyone notice that Van Halen (another fav) went downhill after Eddie Van Halen had his hip replaced? Pay attention, Mick. At least Tommy and Nikki still rock.

The 'Xir
02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
wait wait wait! House of Pain the Band(with songs like 'Jump around'), or 'House of Pain' the song, by..(forgot hair band's name...wait isn't their name House of Pain too)! both great songs though!!! :D

El Chuxter
02-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Man, what's with all the hating going toward House of Pain. Everlast was dropping Star Wars references in his raps before it was cool.

Rocketboy
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
wait wait wait! House of Pain the Band(with songs like 'Jump around'), or 'House of Pain' the song, by..(forgot hair band's name...wait isn't their name House of Pain too)! both great songs though!!! :DI'm talkin' about the band of course!
I remember hearing talk of a reunion a few years ago.
Looks like it's never gonna happen...:(

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
wait wait wait! House of Pain the Band(with songs like 'Jump around'), or 'House of Pain' the song, by..(forgot hair band's name...wait isn't their name House of Pain too)! both great songs though!!! :D
No, the band you're thinking of is Faster Pssycat. Wow, a Faster Pssycat reference. That's gotta be a SSG first.....

(Note: I didn't include the u's on purpose. The word ***** isn't allowed. Kinda funny actually. ***** ***** *****

Slicker
02-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Man, the auto censors really don't like that one.:D