PDA

View Full Version : Potential Vehicles for Toys from Episode 3 list

Tycho
12-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Here it goes:

RE-RELEASES:

(confirmed) Speederbike w. Clone, Jedi (Adi Gallia rumored)
Trade Federation Droid Fighters - possibly
AAT Tank - likely
(confirmed) Republic Gunship - same paint as AOTC I think.
Hailfire Droid - maybe
Geonosian Fighter - not too likley, but possible
(confirmed) small spider walker droid

NEW:

(confirmed) Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (TIE format)
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (TIE format) - likely a repaint of Anakin's but in red
Tri-Fighter - the 6 winged (3 per side) "x-wing" is a Clone Trooper fighter (very likely)
Clone Fighter from Cartoon Network Clone Wars (not likely)
AT-TE - extremely likely - the best choice for "big vehicle" from ROTS
General Grievous' Hailfire vehicle - not quite a hailfire, it also has 4 legs it can use (very likley)
Obi-Wan's kraayt dragon - not really a kraayt, but some kind of fast, large lizard (very likely)
Wookiee Trimaran - very likely - think Waterworld only with the smell of wet dog fur
Wookiee dragonfly - not a beast, but a 2-man gyro-copter (very likely)
Clone Trooper Juggernaut - large one if made to scale, like Dark Empire comics (2006?)
Bail Organa's air speeder - a good $10-15 toy - very likley
Clone Trooper AT-PT - pre-Empire scout walker - very likley
Techno Union or Banking Clan (forget which) large Spider Walker Droid (likely)
Mustafar version of small spider walker droid (likley)
Padme's star yacht from ROTS (would be cool - hopefully done, but not likely)

So how much will we get, and in what year will we get it?

I'd say the re-releases will be available this year, along with 6 - 8 vehicles from the list, PLUS the AT-TE coming out sometime towards end of summer-fall, with no announcement until Comic Con and Hasbro denying it until June for some reason or another. They just do things that way for whatever reason.

plasticfetish
01-01-2005, 03:16 AM
So how much will we get, and in what year will we get it?Oh, this is good. I was just working on "something" and thinking about this. I really think that I get more excited about the vehicles than the figures for some reason. I have no idea why, because I never end up with any room to display these things -- maybe it's just the chance to get so much more plastic all at once. I dunno.

Hmm, we should try and stick some photos with these names. I'll try and do that after I finish up that other thing. :)

Kidhuman
01-01-2005, 08:01 AM
I hope Wal-Mart changes its mind and gets vehicles in. I hate paying full price up front for these things. The only one i really want is the AT-TE

Tycho
01-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh, this is good. I was just working on "something" and thinking about this. I really think that I get more excited about the vehicles than the figures for some reason. I have no idea why, because I never end up with any room to display these things -- maybe it's just the chance to get so much more plastic all at once. I dunno.

I know what you mean! I think that it all goes back to 1978 - the first year figures were released.

Hasbro specifically made the 3 3/4" size so that they could do playsets and vehicles.

Buying those figures and seeing on the original cardbacks that there would be a Millennium Falcon toy and a Death Star Playset (21-backs by then, if I recall right) - I went nuts and knew this would be the coolest toy line I'd never get tired of!

1978-79:

X-wing
TIE Fighter
Landspeeder
Millennium Falcon
Death Star Playset
Dewback
Land of the Jawas Playset
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
Mos Eisley Cantina Playset
Imperial Troop Transport (actually Rebel craft, anyway....)
...and more

1980-82

Snowspeeder
Slave-One
AT-AT Snow Walker
Rebel Transport
AT-ST Scout Walker
Twin Pod Cloud Car
Cloud City cardboard Playset
Imperial Attack Base (Hoth trenches)
Wampa
TaunTaun
Turret and Probot Playset (Hoth)
Dagobah Playset (Yoda's hut and the Tree-cave)
....and more

1983-85

Desert Skiff Vehicle
Ewok Catapult
B-wing Fighter
The Ewok Village Playset
TIE Interceptor
A-wing Fighter
Endor Speederbike
Rancor
Ewok Glider
Y-Wing Fighter
Jabba the Hutt's Throne
Imperial Shuttle Tyderium spaceship
....and more

1999-2001

Naboo N-1 Starfighter
Anakin's Podracer
Sebulba's Podracer
JarJar Bink's Kaadu
Trade Federation Droid Fighters
Theed Hanger Playset
AAT Tank
Queen Amidala's Royal Starship
Opee Sea Killer
Darth Maul's Sith Speeder
Theed Generator Duel Playset
Imperial TIE Bomber
....and more

2002-2004

Anakin's airspeeder
Zam Wessel's airspeeder
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter
Jango Fett's Slave-One
Nexu
Acklay
Genosis Arena Playset
Reek
Old Republic Clone Trooper Gunship
Inter-Galactic Banking Clan Hailfire Droid
Sovereign System of Geonosis starfighter
small Spider Droid
....and more

Dude! This stuff MADE the Star Wars collections! Without vehicles, everyone would have appreciated either the all-self-contained Galactic Heroes type of collectibles, or the Unleashed Scale version (maybe with poseability) - or the 12" line would have had to have upped the ante and have come in stronger than it's ever been able to (14" Vader, Ultimate Jango Fett, and a few others aside).

Over everything I can remember in collecting, I CLEARLY recall the days I got the Death Star Playset, the Millennium Falcon, definitely the AT-AT, and the Ewok Village and the Y-wing fighter. I can tell you what store or which relative provided the toy, even the time of day it was when I opened it, how many figures I had to put inside of it, and exactly what the weather was like the day the toy came home to me!

The vehicles make a profound impact on the 3 3/4" line. There's no denying that. Those not collecting them truly miss out! (especially if they aren't opening them and adding loose figures to their new vehicles fresh out of the box!

Hmm, we should try and stick some photos with these names. I'll try and do that after I finish up that other thing. :)

Great idea!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2005, 05:37 PM
VERY MINOR SPOILERS

There's no V-19s in ROTS, that's already been stated; in this one, the clones zip around in those ARC-170s, the ones that look like X-wings, three clones in each. The Tri-Fighter is on the side of the Confederacy, and is usually prefaced with the word Droid. It releases buzz droids that ruin the opposition's ships, as seen in the LEGO set.

Nothing in the line-up is confirmed until Hasbro says so, or we see pictures, so don't get too excited. This is what I bet we'll see:

*Anakin's Starfighter (the only confirmed one)
*Obi-Wan's Starfighter
*General Grievous's Starfighter
*ARC-170 Clone Fighter
*Droid Tri-Fighter
*Wookiee Dragonfly
*Speeder Bike
*Juggernaut (if we're lucky)
*AT-TE (if it's even in this one)
*Bail Organa's Speeder
*Republic Scout Walker

We sure got a crapload of vehicles in 2002-2003, I'm assuming we'll get as many (and likely more) this and next year, plus many more playsets.

DarthQuack
01-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Looks like a pretty solid list!:)

Kidhuman
01-01-2005, 09:44 PM
JabbaJohnL, on the figure list, it says AT-TE Gunner for a figure, so I would guess it is in the movie.

mastermatt24
01-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I'd say the re-releases will be available this year, along with 6 - 8 vehicles from the list, PLUS the AT-TE coming out sometime towards end of summer-fall, with no announcement until Comic Con and Hasbro denying it until June for some reason or another. They just do things that way for whatever reason.
Ok.. I must be missing something.. Dont you guys remeber at CC during the Hasbro Q&A thing someone (Tycho? (cant remeber) )asked the question about the AT-TE and they said no way becuase it would be "to costly to make". Not to mention that they would probaby be super sellers..
And after thats when I met PF, Steve and Tycho.

Anyways... Im all for Clone stuff, even though a "Clone Turbo Tank" (Juggernaut) would be nice it would most likely be to expensive, I do like the other AT-PT.

On another note- I know Tycho will have no problem ( ;) ) but I sure hope hasbro will have a lot more clones released this time around, the new one looks good except for the shoulders, ( http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3733&zoneid=12 ) Hasbro did assure us that there would be a lot of clones.. If not im gonna be really ****ed. :mad:

Tycho
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Matt, the Clone has an action-feature (squeezing the legs causes a "quick draw") - so that's what's up with the shoulder.

And when I asked my question at Comic Con, they said it would be costly, but they would reconsider doing it if the vehicle turned up in Episode 3.

SPOILER - SLIGHTLY

In the storyboards I read, at Republic bases, the perimeters are secured by surrounding the compounds with something like 20 AT-TE's on patrol. They are mobile gun platforms after all.

JabbaJohnL: I think you are wrong - that the ARC-170's are the tri-fighters and that the ships that release the buzzsaw droids are different and more stingray shaped - and nothing "tri" about them. The 3 wings on each side of the ARC-170's should be where they get the tri-fighter nickname from.

But I have no proof. I'm just guessing, OK?

If you could post a link to the Lego set pictures, JabbaJohn, that will help a lot.

Legos are a great way to use previews to get spoilers.

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Matt, the Clone has an action-feature (squeezing the legs causes a "quick draw") - so that's what's up with the shoulder.

Oh...

In the storyboards I read, at Republic bases

Wheres this??

JabbaJohnL: I think you are wrong - that the ARC-170's are the tri-fighters and that the ships that release the buzzsaw droids are different and more stingray shaped - and nothing "tri" about them. The 3 wings on each side of the ARC-170's should be where they get the tri-fighter nickname from.
But I have no proof. I'm just guessing, OK?
If you could post a link to the Lego set pictures, JabbaJohn, that will help a lot.
Legos are a great way to use previews to get spoilers.
Im not JabbaJohn, but heres some links I posted in the lego thread:

SPOILERS:

Droid Tri Fighter:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/legorots_2005_7252.jpg
Heres the ARC:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0004997.jpg
I would really like to see the clone scout walker (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0004994.jpg) I think if made if would be semi cheap and really cool. :cool:
And it might have an exclusive clone!! :D (Im a sucker for cool exculisve figs)

Tycho
01-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the images Matt.

The Tri-Fighter looks similar to Grievous' Hailfire-walker combo, huh?

Looks like the General comes into E3 pretty well prepared to take on the Republic, eh?

E3 looks like it's going to be the best prequel by far.

I read the story outline in e-mails sent to me by a friend. I'm not sure if I still have all of it (I saved some as Word Docs) and it was put together from someone piecing all the spoilers together.

I don't think it was totally accurate, because it has Anakin being given the name Darth Vader before he's in the black suit. I just don't think that's going to happen. Anakin will be "dark side Anakin" until the fall into the lava and his mechanical rebirth.

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the images Matt.
Your welcome. I could definitly see why the ARC could be a "Tri" fighter, becuase it does have three wings.. On a side note:Does it look like the 2 smaller wings come out of the big ones?

E3 looks like it's going to be the best prequel by far.
I sure hope so.. Im only worried about the wookies..

I read the story outline in e-mails sent to me by a friend.
Did it say anything about the wookies? (I dont want a big spoiler, if you do know Im just currious if they take on a big part in the movie)

Battle Droid
01-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Corporate Alliance Tank

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Corporate Alliance Tank
I totaly forgot about that.. Beings that it is in TWO of the lego sets, maybe it will get made..

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 11:47 AM
The two sets with the tank:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0004995.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/legorots_2005_7258.jpg

Tycho
01-02-2005, 12:09 PM
MasterMatt, the Wookiee story-arc is mainly "pointless pandering" to SW fans so Chewie and his home planet can be introduced.

That is not to say that I don't like it.

But basically it's irrelevant.

1) Before it is known the Palpatine is the Dark Lord of the Sith, he needs a way to get rid of Yoda.

2) He could pick any mission on any planet that could be particularly dangerous and result in the Jedi Master's death (but George Luca$$$ intervenes and consults with the Supreme Chancellor, urging him to pick Kashyyyk for the opportunity for mass-market-merchandising in Wal-Mart stores).

3) Yoda leads Clones to rescue the Wookiees from the Droid Army and makes friends with the Wookiees, in spite of the fact that Palpatine probably thought ANY invasion force (to harm OR HELP) would be met with resistance from the isolationist Wookiees.

4) When the Clones are ordered to turn on their Jedi commanders and "wipe them out, all of them..." Chewbacca chooses to lead the Wookiees in saving Master Yoda. Palpatine never could predict primatives, could he? (Gungans, Wookiees, even Ewoks...)

So in the end, Yoda could have gone to the planet of Purlpe-People-Eaters (actually featured in Dark Horse Comics CRIMSON EMPIRE series - the Zannibar I believe are purple-people-eaters) for this plot device to work (in general) but George Lucas, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Brian's Toys, KEBco, EntertainmentEarth, NewForceComics, Yestertoys, Amoktime, CloudCity Collectibles, etc. etc. all combined forces and thought Kashyyyk would be a good way to get you to pay money to express your opinion that this was a good idea ;)

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Sounds like fun........... :neutral:

This better be good. :ermm:

plasticfetish
01-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Oooooh, the Kashyyyk thing isn't bad. It's an interesting way to tie in the whole idea of the Wookies being pulled into the conflict, and how they end up under the thumb of the empire.

jedi master sal
01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
SO...getting back on topic...

The AT-TE that we may get will be the ROTS version. Notice in the trailer that we see the new version of the AT-TE. It has much taller legs than it's precursor and if I recall correctly only has 4 legs. Since there is one less pair of legs, we wouldn't be able to easily customize this into an AT-TE as we first saw it in AOTC.

Here's a small pic of what I'm talking about (Look over the Chief Wookiee's shoulder-also notice the Juggernauts in this scene as well):

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/ROTS_AT_TE_screenshot2.gif

OC47150
01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
The list (rumor or fact) sounds interesting. Too bad the CW cartoon fighter isn't on the list. I'd like to see that one.