PDA

View Full Version : r2dee2 has passed away

Pages : [1] 2

JediTricks
01-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Gang, I'm afraid I have the unpleasant task of bringing unhappy news about our friend Marilyn (aka r2dee2), she and her husband temporarily relocated to Hawaii, I heard from her husband today and it seems that she is very ill and is in the hospital waiting to have surgery early next week. I'm not sure if she even has access to her email, her husband emailed me from his email while with her at the hospital.

Marilyn has been a friend to all of us here for some time now, and a most welcome part of these forums, not to mention one of the coolest Star Wars collectors I've ever known. I don't really know what to say, but I hope you join me in wishing her the speediest of recoveries.

-JT

Bobby Fett
01-01-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.

Keep us posted, if you can.

Kidhuman
01-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery and all good news for R2. JT is right, she is downright cool and a great person. Thoughts and prayers to her.

dr_evazan22
01-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Please let her know she is in our hearts and thoughts, and we wish her a speedy, full recovery. I'd appreciate it if you could keep us updated.

JediTricks
01-02-2005, 03:12 AM
By the way, I forgot this last time, I'm not terribly good at this sort of stuff and just didn't put in everything I meant to. Another thing Marilyn wanted to let us know is "She wants to express her gratitude for all of the support she's gotten through the years, and really appreciates being a part of the Micromachine community at Sir Steve's Guide." I feel a bit like a heel forgetting that part. I really hope she'll be ok.

As for updates, unless I'm specifically asked not to, I'll report on anything I hear. And with luck Marilyn will be feeling better enough soon to see this thread and let us know that she's on the mend.

LTBasker
01-02-2005, 03:25 AM
I hope she gets better, she's been really fun and helpful

Get well soon!

britcit3
01-02-2005, 03:57 AM
JT

If you do correspond with Marilyns husband again, please let him know that we are thinking about her.

BC3

mabudonicus
01-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Always bad to hear bad news about good people...
I haven't had too much interaction with R2, but she seemed to be sweet from our few exchanges...
I hope she knows that :beard: and the Force is with her

Here's to a speedy recovery

AndyW
01-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks for passing on the news Jeditricks, lets hope our collective thoughts of goodwishes will do some good.

sicqnus
01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
My hopes and prayers are with you Marilyn.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
May God give you strength and hope.
I am thinking of you and your family.

Cyril "sicqnus"

2-1B
01-02-2005, 09:23 PM
R2 is definitely one of the kindest SSG members and I hope she gets well soon !

JediGoofy
01-03-2005, 03:07 AM
I am very sorry to know a so nice person like r2dee2 is having health problems.
I wish her could get better as soon as possible.
Please let her know a lot of people from all over the world is with her in this moment.

Gian Piero Fici

sergiurusu
01-03-2005, 05:27 AM
This is really sad news! My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Turbowars
01-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Get well soon R2. I wish you well!:)

Too bad this is only in the MM thread, or I would have posted sooner.

JediTricks
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Marilyn was scheduled to go into surgery earlier today, hopefully all went the best it possibly could and we'll hear good news soon. I will pass your goodwill along to her and her husband.

vulcantouch
01-04-2005, 10:56 AM
well it won't do any good, cuz it so happens this week The Vibe dictates deploying the silver2 she laid on me (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/r2figswindow_7.JPG) 2 years ago, and that's ezactly what i'm gonna do in her honor whether she likes it or not :evil:
her resistance to the illness will be considerable; that feeble scourge is no match for the power of the r2 :cool:
thanx to jt & hubby for the hedz-up- might send latter a link to this thred so he can rattle off our yapyap to Her Captive Audienceness :kiss:
vt

JediTricks
01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I sent them a link to this thread already, hopefully she'll be able to post soon.

The latest word is that Marilyn made it through surgery, but they may not have caught it in time. She's recovering now and is "delighted to know that all of her Star Wars friends were pulling for her."

On a personal note, I really hope she makes a full recovery, hearing that she survived surgery was a good start but the part afterwards in the message is a scary thing, I want her to be better now and have this just be a quick unpleasant chapter in her life, but unfortunately life doesn't always work that way and the only word anybody I know can come up with for that is "unfair".

SirSteve
01-05-2005, 03:48 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you as well...

sith_killer_99
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

JT, do you know what hospital she is in? You said they are in Hawaii?!?!

JediTricks
01-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Hawaii, yes, but I don't know what hospital.

r2dee2
01-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks very much to all of you who have expressed sympathy for Marilyn. She has successfully recovered from the surgery and hopes to return to the forum by as early as next week. She still has a long road to go, and your support means much to her. She specifically asked for me to go to the forum and print out all of the replies. (I, the lesser-half hubby) have returned to the condo and am doing catchup work for her.

We'll be returning to Colorado a bit early (better treatment for her there) and will update all as things progress.

It's nice to know that she has such great friends.

Mike Guyote

Kidhuman
01-13-2005, 08:43 AM
That is great news Mike. I am glad to hear she is doing good. I will continue ot keep both of you in thoughts and prayers and look foward to reading more great news from your end.

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Mike (or Marilyn if she's reading this), I'm glad to see you were able to access your account password from somewhere, even if it's only at the condo. Thanks for coming by and giving us an update. :)

JEDIpartner
01-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Holy crud!! Where was I for all of this?? This is terrible news to hear that one of our own is in such a bad state!!

I'm glad to see you are on the road to recovery, Marilyn! Know that all of your friends are walking beside you on that road. I was just thinking about you and your kindness the other day when I was listening to the audio files you sent me so long ago. It is quite clear that you've touched all of us with your heart and your spirit. Stay strong! We are all pulling for you.

Much love to you, friend!!!

- Dale

Slicker
01-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Holy crud!! Where was I for all of this?? This is terrible news to hear that one of our own is in such a bad state!!
I don't live in Colorado but what do you have against it?;)

I'm sorry but when I see humor I call it out.

SWAFMAN
01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I have no idea how I missed this thread until today - was it recently linked/moved to the MM/AF forum from somewhere else?!?

Marilyn,

My very, very best wishes and prayers for a full, fast and permanent recovery!

Sincerely,
Joe

JediTricks
01-18-2005, 11:05 PM
No, it's always been in here.

bobafrett
01-19-2005, 11:03 AM
That might be why I never saw this. I would think this would go better in the General discussion area. Either way, I wish the best of luck to Marilyn as she recovers.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know how Marilyn is doing? I've been thinking about her something fierce... :(

JediTricks
02-02-2005, 06:34 AM
I just heard from her husband today (yesterday now), she is not too well right now after the second surgery a little while ago, they are planning to fly back to Colorado at the end of this week and will begin therapy soon after.

She and Mike both send their thanks for all the support you guys have given, and hopefully once she's home she'll be able to pop by and receive the love in person.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the update, JT. What a terrible time for her!

I urge everyone to keep those positive vibes coming to help prop her up a bit...!!!

sergiurusu
02-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Can't wait to talk to her here!! Wish you well!!!

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 06:16 AM
I urge everyone to keep those positive vibes coming to help prop her up a bit...!!!

I'll second that. Get well soon Marylin. We will be here waiting for you.

2-1B
02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Keep up the tough fight, Marilyn ! ! !

tony

RobertDD
02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Marilyn,

I haven't been on here in forever and just checked in real quick tonite, but when I read this I had to stop and leave a message. Get well soon!

Robert

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I heard from Mike this weekend, they made the trip back to Colorado safely and Marilyn is resting with her SW collection. I replied with our best wishes.

Kidhuman
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the update JT. Syillpraying the best for her.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi Marilyn - Wanted to let you know you are still in our hearts, and hope you are progressing.

vulcantouch
02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
r2 has asked me to let you all know that she has renal (kidney) cancer which has spread to her lungs. it revealed itself only in december but has progressed swiftly. her instinct- corroborated by her doctors- is that she doesn't have long left, weeks or even days perhaps. in a way she hopes this to be the case, as she fears her mind going before her body.
i stayed overnight at her home this weekend (about 60 miles south of denver), my first visit there but likely not my last. my trip's purpose was twofold: to spend some time with her (and it was, by far, the most beautiful of the several get-togethers we've been able to arrange over the last few years, despite whatever concerns she may've had about her appearance or the grim circumstances), and for her to consult with me regarding her wishes for the dispensation of her impressive sw/trek collection.
her husband has no interest in all that stuff and, despite gallantly tolerating this side of her all these years, some distaste for clutter. so her concern is that he not be overly burdened with dealing with what she's leaving behind. it is her wish that, when she passes, her passion for collecting become a river of bounty unto all of us, her online pals. i'm honored to say that, from her regard for my anti-scalping ethics (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=17869) and her personal experience with my application of same, she has requested i take on the task of overseeing the river's flow, and i have agreed.
as per her wish, i brought a coupla boxes of items with me back to my lair- some i know for sure people here will want, and some i'd enjoy looking over & deciding on at my leisure. but i have told her that until i hear she has taken her last breath, as far as i'm concerned these items are just "visiting" me. while no one familiar with the situation there expects a miracle or anything, i've told her i still won't actually pass anything onto anyone until then. as i've said here before, while i'm an unapologetic and skilled scavenger (every ecosystem needs them, after all) i do have a sense of propriety; this VulTure's gonna wait til the body's cold before he starts pickin' around ;)
even so, the impression i got from her is that she would be gratified to know for sure that her friends are interested in at least some of what she's got, that it wouldn't go to waste, i.e. liquidated en masse to a scalper/dealer for the sake of efficiency. so what i propose is this: with the understanding that this is all provisional pending her demise, feel free to list here your sw & trek collecting wants. then, if there is the opportunity, i will print up this thred and show it to her. in this way we might be able to let her see for herself, while there's still time, the beginnings of her collection going to people who will appreciate it other than as an investment.
she feels closest to the mm forum. for that reason, and because she and i are most experienced with the ethical track records of the regular participants here, she prefers that they get first crack. also, she prefers a "one for everyone first" rule in that, if you already have an ewing and seek a second, for example, she wants someone who doesn't yet have even one to have first crack at it. but don't hesitate to express desires regardless of where you fall in these categories. i'll sort it all out later. this is all gonna take time no matter what, so fast results'd be the exception, not the rule. i'll first proceed with the things i know best and for which demand is clearest, and go from there.
as for what she has, it would be a formidable task to list all of it, and hardly worth it at this time. so i think it'd be more efficient to proceed in the opposite direction, i.e. first hearing what y'all might want. it would be helpful to include the srp if you know it, as we won't be going for aftermarket prices here.
all proceeds go to her terrific husband; you will pay shipping costs. but lucky for you, even with the illness, not losing money on these things is not a big concern for their household. and in abiding my ethics, she's also not looking to make any. which means that in the many cases where the record of how much she originally paid for an item is lost, they will go for SRP OR LESS. at this time don't worry about things being too costly; in most or all cases, i'm sure we'll be able to work something out. she's got a lot (a few vintage things but mostly from the last 15 years, up to about a year ago) so don't hold back. major categories which spring to mind include 3&3/4 and 12"figs and vehicles, all mm, af and dc items, books, magazines, applause, trading cards, etc. she was attentive to packaging & content variants as well, so specificity's not a problem, tho it may take me time to educate myself on those aspects.
in return for my efforts she offered me a 25% commission, but as i reminded her toy trafficking's not how i make money. as always i do it for fun. in this case the payment for me is the opportunity to spend whatever time i can with her in the process, and the honor of her trust. even so, she wanted me to pick out for myself whatever items i may like personally. while there are a few things (mostly what i brought back with me; i'll list them eventually), like her hubby i too have an anti-clutter instinct and don't want this stuff to take over my life. so don't worry, Plenty'll be left ;)
vt

2-1B
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
VT, please print out a goodbye post from me to R2dee2. I only "talked" to her a couple of times on these forums but I always thought she seemed really cool and I respected her.
I'm so sorry for her and her family.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tony

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 01:55 PM
vt - I'm more interested in sending something then getting something... I sent a PM to JT last night asking if we'd be able to send a card, or flowers.... Thanks for visiting Marilyn and passing on this terrible news.

Slicker
02-22-2005, 02:34 PM
This is so unfortunate. From what I'm reading in this thread she had an impact on everyone here with just her typed word. She must've been quite a person to know in real life. I've had personal experience with cancer as 3 of my grandparents have had it and 2 have died of it. It sounds as if she's already given enough to the people in these forums. If there is any chance in the world hopefully it reaches her.

JediTricks
02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry, I'm stunned right now by VT's post, having a hard time sinking in the first part because as straight up as Mike was on this with me, I never thought it was as bad as this. I don't know what to say right now, especially since I have to leave the house, but I'll post again when I can. I dunno.

Kidhuman
02-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow,

VT, your post just hit me like a ton of bricks. Although I never really knew R2 as well as most of you, it still hits home. I consider you guys good friends and it hurts to know one of our own is going thorugh this. My thoughts and prayers are with Marilyn and her husband and family. :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :cry:

LTBasker
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
That is very unfortunate news to hear, I'm sorry to see it happen to her. She's been nothing but kind and generous to board members from any post she's made, it's a sad day when someone as pleasant as her has to go through things like this.

Turbowars
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Please tell Marilyn that all our hearts go out to her and what ever happens she is truly loved. :)

Thrawn
02-22-2005, 11:30 PM
This is absolutely devastating to me. You are the only person that could get me back here. Though I last saw you in person nearly 4 years ago, you are always in my heart. You are the most kindest, unselfish person I've EVER met in my life. I will always cherish our friendship. I so am glad our paths crosed, I am glad we were able to trade items and share information over the years. I was in awe that you would get me rare items and never ask for more than cost when 99.9% of the people online wouldn't dream of doing that. You made me re-evalute myself from your kindness. I remember when I left the site and I said you and JT were the ones that kept me here for so much longer than I ever would've stayed. I said how much I valued your contributions and how much it meant to me asking nothing in return. You told me that it meant so much to you to have found someone to share all your crazy finds with. I never realized that I could touch someone else the way you touched me. I didn't know that by showcasing my collection at times I was making others feel at home, that someone else out there understood and it made them feel good, at home even. You taught me that and I thank you, I'll never forget it. Though you might not have thought much of it, I will never, ever forget your support in Omaha when all seemed dark. Now it is all so meaningless. Some damaged toys are nothing compared to your damaged health. I've been going back and forth with JT since I heard about your illness, always asking for updates. I thought things were looking good for a while, now it is not true. I would gladly trade all my POTF2 to get you better again. Though we haven't talked in the last few months, knowing you were out there made me a better person. It's not fair that someone so good could have something so bad happen like this, especially after what you went through with your child.

I love you, I'll miss you forever and I cry for you now. I can't help it.
I'll never forget you.
Your old SW friend...
"Thrawn"

sicqnus
02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm so sorry, I cannot find anything appropriate to write. Words cannot express the sorrow I feel in my heart for what you have to deal with.
Marilyn, I hope and pray for you as you go through all of this. It's so hard on everyone here on the board to express the way we feel, but don't worry because there's always hope.
Our prayers and thoughts will be with you.
Have courage.

Cyril "sicqnus"

It's 6.28 AM here in Paris, and it's a very snowy day.

bobafrett
02-23-2005, 01:09 AM
This news hurts my heart. Marilyn e-mailed me after I checked out her page and answered questions that I had about items in her collection. She was a joy to write to, and I always enjoyed her freindly replies. As some of you know, my mom has been given 3 to 6 months to live, so this is another burden on my heart, this news about Marilyn. My heart goes out to her husband and her family of which we here at SSG are all extended members of.

JediGoofy
02-23-2005, 04:39 AM
These are very sad news.

I do not know r2dee2 personally, but the way she considers this SW collecting hobby talks about her personality and states how a good person she is: always nice, always available, always helpful. Her pictures we may find in her site show her smiling, the work itself she put in her site, all for free, for everybody to enjoy, attests how good and nice she is.

Even the way she desires to deal with her SW collection is revelatory of her: she wants to share it with other friends, like she always did (and even if my MM and AF SW collection is nothing compared to her, this is the same disposition I left for myself).

Marilyn, you have been, are, and always will be one of the friends MM collector I admire the most.

Miracles happen, I pray for you Marilyn.

Gian Piero

JediTricks
02-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I am still in shock from this news a day later. Marilyn has been one of my favorite people in this hobby, she has made it look easy and fun and worthwhile all at the same time, she is someone I really think defines the best of us as Star Wars fans and collectors. Obviously she has made a great impact on some of us with her presence here, generously sharing her enthusiasm and viewpoint and just being herself, and I don't want to lose that. I can't imagine someone in this hobby I would more want to befriend even if only casually, she has helped my collection grow and been a true inspiration as well, in turn I can't believe something so devestating could happen to someone like that especially in such a short amount of time. I'm not good at facing this sort of thing, the only outcome I could fathom in this situation was Marilyn going through a tough time and eventually getting better, we all sent our best and continued to pull for her -- I don't want that sentence to end with a "but". I tend to think of myself as a pragmatic person, yet I cannot bring myself to fully face this situation, in no small part because of who it is happening to.

I don't really know how to even end this post, so I'll just leave it unfinished and be grateful that so many others here have expressed many of the same feelings I have on this matter.

SWAFMAN
02-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Marilyn,

No forum post, snail mail card or phone call - nothing short of a warm embrace, shared tears and hopefully a few shared smiles could ever express how much I respect you and value our experiences of these last several years.

Strength, Peace and Love to you and those closest to you, always.

- Joe

Banthaholic
02-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Wow, I saw this thread today and am saddened. I remember when I first started visiting this site. It was shortly after the release of Episode II. R2Dee2 happens to be one of the kind soles that answered a few of my questions, were I was introduced to her website. Since then her site has been a Bible of information as I've been collecting all venues of the Star Wars hobby.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I always enjoyed reading the MM forums, unfort the discontinuation of the line steered me away from ongoing participation, yet I always viewed you as a source of knowledge and kindness. What differenciates SSG from other boards is its sense of community, and r2Dee2 showcases this well. We are truely fortunate to have you apart of this site. God Bless.

Thrawn
02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll be the one to break the ice.
If it is her wish that friends of hers get her items, then it would be wrong to deny her that small joy and comfort while she has the chance.
Though I stopped collecting in 2003 I would be willing to buy anything I missed from back then through recent months - since the money will also be an ease of the burden of bills.

So don't feel ghoulish - you are honoring the great ladies' wishes.

I know I missed Ephant Mon, Silver Vader, Fett & Clone, Star Tours Series 3, Star Tours Starspeeder...since I haven't been paying attention I don't even know what else I missed. 12 inch starting with Garindan wave? Cartoony figures. OTC figures. Don't know if she has those SS/LT Luke & Ben from 1995...

The best thing though would be all this positive engergy heading your way leading to a recovery....

Thrawn

RJarvis
02-24-2005, 12:18 PM
As a church minister, I've prayed at the deathbed of both those I knew well and those I didn't know at all. It never gets easier no matter the situation or connection. I've known Marilyn, though not well, since the old Galoob forums. She's helped me out more than once with things that I had trouble finding and to echo the sentiments already posted en masse, she truly is one of the rare individuals in whom you could place your trust without reservation.

I do pray that you have mental, emotional, physical and spiritual peace, Marilyn. The same to your husband. I also pray that if it be God's will for you to be healed, that it would come quickly, but if not that you would not suffer.

Ross W. Jarvis

JEDIpartner
02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I am so sad to read everyone's posts regarding Marilyn's illness. Marilyn is forever going to be a part of my life and I will think of her every time I listen to the CD I made with the tracks she sent me and I will remember all of the lovely e-mails we exchanged.

It is really difficult for me to express how the impending loss of someone so genuinely real and kind and giving affects me. Marilyn is one of the rarest of all humans with whom I have ever had the pleasure of sharing time. She was never judgemental or selfish. She always thought of ways she could make others happy just be her kindness or caring.

Marilyn has a chance to live on within all of us if we take her lead and and just do to others as she has done to us. If we do these things and think of her... we can plant the seeds in others as she had in us.

Thank you, Marilyn, for affecting us so profoundly and so positively during the time you were with us. Even when you are gone... you will never be forgotten because you loved all of us so much.

You are loved and always will be.

JediTricks
02-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Mike let me know that Marilyn entered hospice yesterday and is resting comfortably thanks to medicine, sleeping a lot, and since it's close to his work he'll be living there with her. He'll be getting me a mailing address soon for anybody who wants to send her cards or such, I don't put up addresses on the boards ever though so just email or PM me to get it.

Val Da Car
02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
My Thoughts and Prayers go out to Marilyn and Mike.

I have never met or discussed any forums topics but I understand what he is experiencing.

My best friend's mom was like a mom to me (she stood up in my wedding among her other good deeds) and she was diagnosed with breast cancer and she left us all so quickly over a matter of six months I still miss her to this day.

But I think of all of the joy, compassion and inspiration she shared with me and that brings a smile to my heart even though I have tears in my eyes.

If I can help please include me on the forcoming list.

Sincerely,

Damian Valentine

matthewilw
02-25-2005, 12:03 AM
I've been watching this thread since it first surfaced and have been paying very close attention to it. Although up until now I never felt like it was my place to post anything seeing as how I've never met or interacted with Marilyn in any way before. I can't even recall a post that we've both posted in. But I have always been aware of her presence and how well respected she was amongst the more well-known forumers, although I never fully understood how much impact she had in these forums until this post came about. I am very truly sorry for everything that is happening to you, Marilyn. And although we never talked to interacted in any way, no one deserves to go through the things you are experiencing, and I'm sorry that you have too.

shinakuma43
02-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I've seen the posts but didn't know what to say, I figured R2 was sick and would be better soon. Maybe I just don;t know how to express myself, a few years ago my mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly and I don;t think I even mentioned it even though it was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. On top of that my father had a stroke about 3 weeks ago and I've been with him in the hostital every day. He's doing better than the doctors expected so I'm happy with that. Anyways, R2 has been one of the major contributors to the forums as well as someone who is an inspiration to collectors everywhere. I am very sad to hear she's not doing well. I recently heard that there is an experimental drug that has been 100% effective in treating brain cancer so I'm wondering if there are experimental drugs out there for kidney or lung cancer. I hope experimental treatments have been looked into, if not it is possible. The experimental brain cancer treatment has been researched somewhere in Cambridge, MA so that may be a good place to start (I overheard a conversation on a plane between 2 of the Biochemists who apparently came up with it and that's all I have to go on). I'll see if I can find any info about it, and if I do I'll be sure to post it.

S43

vulcantouch
02-25-2005, 01:00 PM
jt: "stunned right now by VT's post"
kh: "post just hit me like a ton of bricks"
-while one would hope one's handling of this would not add to that, in my experience there's really no way to avoid such an effect. it is in fact a proper effect, so in this context it's best if i just say what's gotta be said, stayin loose & frosty :cool:

jt: "straight up as Mike was on this with me, I never thought it was as bad"
-as indicated, much of this is recent. ~2 weeks ago i got round to replying to an email she sent me 6 months ago (nuthin time-sensitive, just leisurely chitchat) and in her replying to that, she brought me up to date. i replied to that in turn, then waited for a reply so as not to push her. after waiting a week i gave her a call. the situation was made clearer still such that i spontaneously "invited" myself over, and was there within 2 hours. (i made her promise me that she'd stick around til i get there, even if she'd have to break the promise. true to her word, she kept it :) )

de22: "Thanks for visiting Marilyn"
-it is my pleasure and, more, my honor; in one sense what one understands to be one's final days are no more or less special than any others, but in another sense this is of course not true. it is my privilege to have been welcome to share her company at this time, when its beauty is heightened such as never before :)

"more interested in sending something"
-i'm guessing your sentiments as expressed here will be just fine; refer to jt's latest post otherwise (thanx for handling that jt) :)

cae: "please print out a goodbye post from me"
turb: "Please tell Marilyn"
slick: "hopefully it reaches her"
-given the opportunity, i'll read all these to her. which is why it's important, i say again, to mix some desires in with your expressions of sorrow. after all we don't want our expressed sentiments to Just bum her out do we? ;) so make with the wishlists and remember, your senses of humor ain't suddenly against the law so give her a laff if you can :)

vdc: "please include me on the forcoming list"
-roger that, thanx :)

thrawn: "I'll be the one to break the ice"
-good man, GOOD MAN! hope everyone here was watchin :cool: wants noted; i know she has at least some of what you mention :)

"I stopped collecting in 2003"
-now waitaminute, just so we're clear, a heavyhanded feeling of obligation's not what we're going for here; she wants to know yall're gonna Dig these things, so only ask for things cuz you Want them, not cuz you feel bad & wanna help, okeydokey? :)

"you (r2) would get me rare items and never ask for more than cost"
-yeah, your name came up more than once during our "pillow talks", as she fondly recalled this or that assist you did for one another :) and your aussie braids were a team effort twixt her & i, as you may recall :)

"You made me re-evalute myself"
-from both my own experience with you as well as what she's said, i know you have turned a corner and, as such, she would be happy for you to be included in her river's dousing :)

"Now it is all so meaningless"
-not to her it isn't, even now; not the cameraderie with all of us, or the pleasure she got from what she self-deprecatingly -and not entirely unfairly, as you will see- called her "hoarding" ;)
"Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. Nothing ages like happiness." -oscar wilde, Phrases and Philosophies for the Use of the Young :)

"don't feel ghoulish"
-or, if you must, at least don't let it impair your participation in this effort :Ogre:

bfrett: "my mom has been given 3 to 6 months"
-all of us here can only hope that, as with r2, your mother's final chapter will be as imbued with as much grace as possible under the circumstances.

s43: "father had a stroke about 3 weeks ago"
-what i just said to bfrett- more or less ;)

rj: "I do pray that you have mental, emotional, physical and spiritual peace, Marilyn. The same to your husband"
-trust me, in a thousand different ways, things could be lots worse. while, as alluded to earlier, she suspects the morphine's messin with her head, if one has to go thru this i can't imagine a better setup than what i saw. i'd say both she and her husband have had uncommon fulfillment in their lives (http://r2toyforce.net/about_me.htm), and they've been wise enough to cherish it while they've had it.
on balance, this current brief chapter cannot compare to three and a half decades of happiness together, and they both know it :)

"if it be God's will for you to be healed, that it would come quickly, but if not that you would not suffer"
-exactly; as i assured her, the rule in a crisis in "do what you can, and do what you must". whichever she decides that to be in this case- fightin for every last second, or throwin in the towel asap- i'm sure we all stand by her.

jt "not good at facing this sort of thing"
-don't sweat it, that's what agents like me are for ;) we all play to our strengths, and those of us who are good at this may not, on the other hand, be good at the day-to-day most people handle as a matter of course. we all play our parts, it all balances out :)

jt: (via email): "I don't think many of us want to just blurt out items we might want on Marilyn's collection, it seems uncomfortable, especially to guess at what she has. However, I understand what a difficult position you are in, she wants to get these things into the hands of her friends but has way too much to catalog"
-as it turns out, a thorough if not necessarily complete guide to what she has may be found here (http://r2toyforce.net/directory.htm), so i encourage you all to go look around there :)

"I don't think most of us know what to do here"
-no problem, that's what my proposal's for- to let y'all Know what to do ;) an initial wave of just expressing sorrow is understandable, but time is of the essence here so it'd be best if we can move from Just that to opening ourselves to her largesse asap. a certain degree of discomfort is unavoidable, but now we need for that to be joined with an irish-wakey, new-orleans-enthusiastic celebration of her spirit and participation in our community :)

"I can't imagine someone in this hobby I would more want to befriend even if only casually, she has helped my collection grow and been a true inspiration"
-can't imagine eh? so what am i ovah heah, chopped livah? ;)

jp: "Marilyn has a chance to live on within all of us if we take her lead"
-well said! and now she wants her collection to live on in all of ours, so let's show her just that, c'mon now! :)
vt
nr (now reading): the "coming of the ship" opening chapter from kahlil gibran's The Prophet

"when a young ferengi goes out into the world, he marks the occasion by selling off his childhood possessions. my son nog is leaving for starfleet, so let the buying begin! i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm gonna buy these pajamas!" -rom to the crowd gathered in quark's bar, DS9's "little green men" :)

matthewilw
02-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Although I am sure there are much more deserving people here than I, I'll go ahead and post a list to maybe help the others get more comfortable. I only collect action fleets, so this'll be pretty simple seeing as how I only buy stuff that I like..I'm no where near a complete-ist. Condition doesn't matter to me, boxed-loose..it's all the same. And all things on here are items I I don't currently own.

hmm....off the top of my head:

E-wing
Tie Defender
Virago
sebulba's podracer
sith infiltrator

battle packs: (sorry I don't know all the names)

speeder bikes
ewok glider
luke's landspeeder
imperial troops
endor victory

Of course I would be willing to pay for these, and I would be perfectly content with getting just one of these..or none.

Kidhuman
02-25-2005, 05:22 PM
VT,I have emailed you.

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah VT, chopped liver, it's the smell. ;)

You folks who have asked for the address via PM or email, I haven't replied to most of you but I have your messages in a separate folder now and as soon as I hear back from Mike, I'll let you know.

Ok, I poked around on ToyForce...
I see one thing right off the bat that I would like to have, I remember being so intrigued by when Marilyn first showed it to us, that 1976 Star Wars book. http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/booksw1976stitcheds_7.jpg

And you know she's a super-fan when she admits to buying Ask Yoda, possibly the most annoying toy Hasbro has ever put out in the SW line. Come on, who would admit to actually giving money to Hasbro for that thing??? ;)

I would like the ESB Hoth snowglobe on this page: http://r2toyforce.net/snowglobes.htm
but I don't know how much it cost her originally, so my interest has to be hinged on that. (I am kinda tempted by the AOTC one as well, but I don't have the space or money, same issue with that Cinemacast Vader, I hope both find good homes though).

Also, I would suggest that Thrawn not be allowed to have her George Lucas doll from Hot Toys because we know he'd do great and terrible damage to it. :D

Another item that Marilyn turned me onto which I would like to have is the Hallmark "collectors series" battery operated R2-D2 ornament. http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/ornamentr2d2_5Aut_5122.jpg

Perhaps the Hallmark "Magic" Millennium Falcon as well:
http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/ornamentlfalcon_5Aut_5117.jpg

That's all I can think of right now, since ToyForce is nearly all SW I don't have any Trek stuff here. I dunno how to end this, so I'll go with the most nonsensical thing I can think of: "whoopee!" (it's only funny in a really high voice)

2-1B
02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
VT, thanks for passing on my words if you get the chance but I do plan to send my own card as well, once JT gets that information.

Alright VT, I'll bite and offer to buy some items even though I [/b]DO[/b] feel like a bleeping ghoul.

JT mentioned that AOTC Snowglobe, well I always thought that was a cool item (and AOTC is my favorite SW movie) so if a more deserving forumite does not buy it, I would be honored to do so. :)

I am a rather casual 12" collector and I'm sure if I look around, there are some older pieces from the late 90s that I would love to take. I'll snoop around and post again later.

Thanks.

2-1B
02-25-2005, 10:04 PM
PLUSH:

I would like the plush Jar Jar, not sure why I never bought it the first time but I do like it.

I am interested in the vintage era plush Wicket (large size) and the plush Mookie Wokling (small size). Why these 2 specific ones ? Well as kids, my older sister had that Wicket while I had Mookie and present day these are NOT in our possessions so I would love to "replace" them.

By the way, typing the word "plush" so many times made me think about what a funny word that is. Plush. Plush. Plush.

ACTION MASTERS:

These came out while I was in high school and I was only able to find the single carded releases. So, if still available, I would be interested in purchasing the 4 pack as well as the 6 pack and also the mail away C-3PO . . . it's been awhile but I could have sworn I sent in the UPCs for that thing but I never got it.

12 INCH LINE:

I would take the Jawa, Yoda, R5-D4, R2-D2, Tusken with Gaderfi, Greedo, Han Solo Hoth, Admiral Ackbar, and Luke with Tauntaun.

Kidhuman
02-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I emailed VT, but I am interested in Sacul and a TF Vader if she had them.

dr_evazan22
02-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Marilyn, Mike, vt - I'll save what I'd like to say for a card.

As far as "the river" goes, if the Boba Fett and Jabba cookie jars are still available, please keep me in consideration. Would be interested in more, possibly, if others don't show an interest. ... Still looking thru your collection - it's amazing! A couple of other pieces that I'd like to purchase: Yoda nightlight (I have a lifesize Yoda from '95 or so. Shortly after that I was over a friends and saw the night light, and I've wanted that ever since); cardboard destroyer or battle droids, if they can be folded up. Rawcliff C3PO / Ewoks X-mas ornament. Loose Battle droid fig's.

sergiurusu
02-27-2005, 04:05 AM
There is a thread started to RS too:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1070370&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1070370

JediGoofy
02-28-2005, 05:49 AM
If I was r2dee2 I would be happy to know my collection will end in the hands of someone able to appreciate it. :) So it is easy for me to say I would be very happy (and honored) to acquire part of the amazing Marilyn's collection and give her forever credit for it.

I am missing all Action Fleet Series Alpha vehicles (both classic and E1) and the hard to find MicroMachines Epic Collections IV, V and VI. I would really appreciate to get these items, or just part of them, from r2dee2's collection. They will get a prominent place in my display both for their importance (these are htf items) and, most of all, for their origin. :)

If it is not possible to have any of these, I will be honored the same to get something from r2dee2's AF and MM collection, just to get something from the wonderful SW collection I saw so many times in the pictures in her site. :stupid:

Of course I would like to pay the real value of the items (for the htf items is much more than their cost) plus the shipping and handling.

Thank you Marilyn for having been part of the MM community. :)
And thank you vt for being vt. :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. vt, I sent you a pm, did you read it? Otherwise how can I contact you privately? Thanx. :classic:

haggie
02-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow. I am shocked. I don't peruse this forum often anymore and, when I do, I run into the same old story: no info on new Action Fleet. I've grown accostomed to quickly browsing a few posts then moving on (with nothing of my own to say). Seeing the title of this thread really made me jump up and take notice. For the first time in... gosh, I don't even know how long, I read through every post, with more passion than I've had for this forum than I've ever had... but for different reasons than ever before.

I allowed myself to relax when I read of Marilyn's return to Colorado. I continued to read, expecting to see a post from our resident R2 herself but was incredibly shocked to read VT's full reveal instead.

Marilyn, I am so, so sorry to hear about your condition. You have always been amazingly kind and helpful to all of us in this funny little world of Star Wars fandom. You were always quick to respond to people and I never once read a post of your where you took the often-travelled route of bashing another forum member or disregarding somebody else's ideas out-of-hand. You used this forum to its fullest to create collecting-friendships and to help others achieve the same amount of FUN that you obviously received from your collecting experiences. You even brought us our resident micro-maker, "Glitch".

I couldn't have ever put together my own SWAF website without your help. Your site was the original SWAF site: the only place to go for any real information on the line. I was happily amazed by how quickly you were there to tell me to feel free to use any of the info you compiled on Action Fleet and even offered to let me use your photos of items I didn't ever expect to have, like the JCPenny AT-AT. Silly me, I never even got around to taking you up on some of your kind offers because of the overwhelming amount of time needed to update the site coupled with the lack of free-time to do much of anything due to work and school overload. I never found the time to do all those great updates to the site like we talked about way back when but, if your time with us does indeed come to pass, I'm going to make the time to do something in your honor.

Marilyn, I would like to say "thank you" for all that you did and all that you are. I regret having never met you in the flesh and I wish that I hadn't allowed myself to cancel on the tea times at Tattered over the last few years.

I think it is commendable that you are parting your collection out to other collectors. There is no part of your collection that I desire, but I thank you for the consideration given to all of us in the forum.

Peace be with you and your family.

vulcantouch
03-01-2005, 12:30 PM
and roger emails from jg, serg, sicq, jaysp, jt, bobbyf, bfrett, kidh; suggest again to those listed who haven't yet, might wanna post wants here so we can all keep track & do this above-board & "fair" :) also, jt ain't heard back yet from mike re address for cards, so patience on that :)
any more wants? must i lead by example? ok then, as promised, stuff i'll personally claim- note that except for the first few items, i'm still deciding, as they'd involve crackin open & parting out sealed items. (as some may know from my tradethred (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=353387&postcount=7) i seek certain accessories but not their figs.) to avoid waste, i'm open to proposals from any of you re keeping certain things together in exchange for getting certain loose accessories separate):
books: inside worlds of ep1 & ep2, art of ep2, ep2 x-sections & ep2 visdictionary
several byo podrace kits (cuz diff colorschemes in each, tho i won't keep all; b'jr and others can take pcs i won't want :) )
gun from o-o-p millen-coin leia
o-o-p dstar troop (don't want guns; heck, not crazy about his melodramatic pose either. just like his cool head & helm; might boil/pop it onto another suitable body, such as saga tie pilot?)
considering: silver 300boba (i like how they bothered to leaven the all-silver monotony w/a 2-tone cape :) )
deathstar droid (wouldn't want mouse)
doda's instrument from max rebo 2-pack
comlink from anakin fig
greasegun from anakin fig
brown-stocked, silver-flecked clonetroop rifle
datalink r2's tools
saesee's purple saber
computer-readout stickers & maybe the dual lightpipe from hololeia r2
red pitdroid from anakin 2-pak
saga cc luke bacta tourniquet & vane
saga cc vader pipes
folded pitdroid from jarjar
head from weg-1618
rx-24, except for 2 arms and base
head from g2-4t
binocs molded onto belt of cw ani (i'd cut em off)
lott dod's robe
gun from boshek (same as myo's)
19-ship sw mm ship set (don't need the ships, but like the box)
an af fett fig, either from slave1 or batpack

also, my tokyo pal has waited for years for me to score him most/all the following 3&3/4 figs, so he gets 1st crack at em:
sacul
wm trashcompact 2-pax (1 open, one sealed)
knee-jointed pilot from tie-int
unique gungwarrior that came w/fao fambaa
tru silvr2

i'm also interested in following but haven't gone diggin for em yet/don't know if she has em:
console from bacta luke
teal-striped clonetroop

ltb: it so happens she has the 16-ship stmm set w/ent-a. if b'jr agrees, wanna split the price with him (you get the ent-a, he gets the rest)? :)

cae: "if a more deserving forumite does not"
matt: "sure there are much more deserving people"
-deserve? "leave that to me" ;)

serg: "a thread started to RS too"
-thanx for link to that; while in this case i don't mind the unattributed plagiarism of my notice (shown on the galhunt link), their paraphrasing did get wrong the "her home in denver" part :p

matt: "Condition doesn't matter to me, boxed-loose"
-glad to hear it ;) which reminds me: as an opener, one thing i've never cared much about is nitpicky grading of package conditions. while she's taken pretty good care of her stuff and i can answer general quextions people may have re this, be aware i make no guarantees of, say, accurately distinguishing a "c9" from a "c7", whatever the Hell those are :p

jt: "since ToyForce is nearly all SW I don't have any Trek stuff here"
-good point, thanx for reminder: trekstuff should be wantlisted here by y'all for now. i ain't even begun to look thru her trekstuff, the sw kept me plenty busy ;) i'll try posting a list later :)

"suggest that Thrawn not be allowed to have her George"
-so noted :dev:

thrawn: "the most kindest, unselfish person"
jg: "how a good person she is: always nice"
banth: "R2Dee2 happens to be one of the kind soles"
jp: "She always thought of ways she could make others happy just (by) her kindness"
hag: "never once read a post of your where you took the often-travelled route of bashing another forum member"
-none of which, of course, rules out her confiding in me more than once that she secretly got a kick out of watching me (or others with a talent for it) surgically rip someone here a new one when they had it comin :evil:

de22: "vt - I'll save what I'd like to say for a card"
-i'll try not to take that as a threat ;)

hag: "incredibly shocked to read VT's full reveal"
-change "read" to "see" and that's what the all-purpose, joke-realm archetype "she" said last nite ;)

"wish that I hadn't allowed myself to cancel on the tea times at Tattered"
-well I still go there, whattam i, chopped windowseats ovah heah? ;)

jg: "thank you vt for being vt"
-why, what Ever could you mean by That? ;)
vt

Jayspawn
03-01-2005, 12:53 PM
My prayers to Marilyn and her family, and a thank you to her for sharing her friendship and her love of Star Wars.

Vulcantouch, pls put me down for Marilyn's collection of Star Wars Riddell Mini-Helmets.

bobafrett
03-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Vulcantouch, as I said in an e-mail to you last night, I am interested in the Stormtrooper and the Rebel pilot Riddell mini helmets. If you have to keep them together as a whole to sell, then I wouldn't be able to afford the lot. I'll keep browsing.

Is Maryiln able to communicate at all? I mean does she talk to you VT? I still pray for her every day, and that something good comes from this.

Bobby Fett
03-01-2005, 09:03 PM
VT,

To my previous email, please add the following:

Action Masters Darth Vader
Action Masters Stormtrooper
Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer

1978 Holiday Special video (Go on, have a good laugh everybody! :crazed: )

Give my best to Marilyn and Mike. (Hope the address is available soon.)

Thanks for everything.

[Just so everyone knows, in my email i asked for the following:

Bend'Ems Boba Fett
Bend'Ems Darth Vader
Bend'Ems Emperor's Royal Guard
Bend'Ems Stormtrooper

Any and all variations on the above Bend'Ems

Any carded Clone Troopers
Any carded Episode 1 Battle Droids
Any carded Episode 1 Destroyer Droids

And, the Cinemacast Darth Vader]

RJarvis
03-02-2005, 11:37 AM
vt - good luck to you with the seemingly overwhelming task of dividing r2's collection for her...it seems to me that balancing the national budget, simplifying the us tax code, brokering peace in the middle-east and curing the common cold might be easier undertakings :p

anyway, there are only a couple of things that i would be interested in if they haven't already been claimed:

af sith infiltrator (not alpha)
af royal starship (not alpha)
af alpha naboo fighter
af neva kee's pod racer

i'm a chronic opener, so oop is no biggie at all to me

thanks again and when jt gets an address from mike, i would like very much to send her a card

Ross W. Jarvis

Warstar
03-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Took me a while to read this thread but I have now, and it's still sinking in.

Before I turned to the darkside of heinous scalping (by VT's definition ;)), I had the honor or meeting R2. She was fun, witty, a great conversationalist, gifted photographer, innovative web designer...and I am personally devastated to hear about this. Keep fighting the good fight, Marilyn- you totally rock and you have the strength and courage of legions! All of my prayers are with you.

VT-

Even though I clearly deserve nothing from her collection as I am still painstakingly parting with mine (10 years to collect, 2 years selling...and I still have more than I thought I did), as a nod to the past between R2 and I, the only thing I humbly ask from her collection is a white-backed COMMTech chip OOM-9 from the Episode 1 line. I hope just me writing that brings a her smile, and I 100% guarantee that I will never, ever sell it. Never. It means so much more to me than money or anything else I could ever get from it in so many ways. The inside jokes with that figure between her and I- most of which only R2 and I will ever know- alone make that figure one I will seal in a glass case and display proudly until the end of my days. She and I shared a few laughs over that figure...or rather my lack of it...my only regret is that the possibility of my actually obtaining it has to come under such dire circumstances.

Back to R2-

I admire you immensely, R2- not only for your boundless generousity in this time of crisis but for making all of our lives a bit brighter by being part of them. Keep up the good fight- and May the Force- all of it- be with you- always. *Hugs*

vulcantouch
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
-other than a coupla quik fonecalls since i stayed over, we ain't had much chance; it sounds like what social energy she does have is busy w/visits from relatives & whatnot, a popular gal ;) in fact she may not have time or energy for me to read this stuff to her (in person or via fone), so i'll be forwarding to mike a printer-friendly version of this thread, as well as a compilation of messages some of you have sent via email. that way, since he spends the most time with her, he can read them to her if/when they deem a good time for doing so to arise :) on that note he emailed hospice address to me, and i in turn have forwarded it to jt so he'll be able to handle all such inquiries :)

jaysp: "Riddell Mini-Helmets"
bfrett: "Stormtrooper and the Rebel pilot Riddell. . .If you have to keep them together"
-parting out shouldn't be a problem, but i recv'd jay's email request first so he has discretion. if he wants to defer those 2 to you ok, if not that's ok too. (i still gotta verify no one in her family wants em of course ;) i got the fett years ago for 1/2 srp on ebay, it's purty cool :cool: )

ws: "I clearly deserve nothing"
-you said it, not me ;)

rj: "oop is no biggie"
-ah, would that you were All so easy to please ;)

"good luck to you with the seemingly overwhelming task"
-it might be if i was gonna do it all at once ;) like i told jt via email, the role i get to play in this is fun stuff: enhancing my already-Legendary bh stature, takin my time gettin lost in her archives, & bedside-regalin' her w/Astounding Tales Of VT (featuring reVelaTory mask-droppings she will, if you'll forgive the expression, take to her grave)-
vt
"i have no need for a tailor on this mission, let alone a spy; but maybe there is something you could do. this is going to be a long trip for odo, and what could the rest of us offer him? kindness? sympathy? that's the last things he wants-"
"-but where you offer sympathy, i offer intrigue; where you offer kindness, i offer mystery! just give me a seat by his bed and i'll conjure enough half-truths, innuendos and bald-faced lies about my so-called past in the obsidian order to keep him preoccupied for days! if there's one thing we cardassians excel at, it's conversation"- sisko & garak, ds9's "broken link"

"here you are, today of all days. somehow it seems like the right time to finally tell this story"- old jake to melanie (played, as it turns out, by andy "garak" robinson's daughter rachel; it seems listening runs in their family), ds9's "the visitor"

Warstar
03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
'ws: "I clearly deserve nothing'
"-you said it, not me"

Surely there's a fine line between "deserve" and "getting." ;)

In other words, getting that one OOM-9 figure would do it for me. Please let me know what you'd like to do, VT :D (You're such a tease- I forgot about that... :D )

Otherwise, a visit would be good when I am in the big ol' CO next...

On a different note- how is R2 lately?

vulcantouch
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
-that's what a She other than r2 said last nite ;)

"scalping (by VT's definition"
-as i've always said in my def/anal thred, show me a better one; is it My fault no one's took me up on it? :evil:

"Surely there's a fine line between 'deserve' and 'getting'"
-surely indeed ;)

"let me know what you'd like to do"
-i'd like to wait & see if anyone else asks for it and, if someone does, decide Then what to do :dev:

"how is R2 lately"
-when we last talked (sunday) she sounded better, but she sed that's just cuz she has her moments. also chatted w/mike & his sister on separate occasions, both of whom say things are about the same. i just emailed him a comprehensive guide to all our chatter related to this- both on the forums and via email- so he'll be in a position to print it up and share yall's thoughts with her if the opportunity arises :)

"my only regret is. . . such dire circumstances"
-maybe that can't be helped, but by the grace of circumstance (and r2's generous wish), this happens to be one time when serving both one's personal interests (our collections) and a greater good (her wishes & legacy) go hand in hand, so rather than just squirm about it we can embrace & be glad of this grace :) on that note, i may also want her Legends In 3d fett, and thought of a few more tokyojoe may want: ewok that came w/tru-xclusive atst (he's a unique sculpt right?) and wm-xclusive holiday r2/3po & yoda.
to inspire desire, here's a few items i'm surprised none of you've yet axed for:
af virago i got her for $3 a few years back (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=901&postcount=1) (so guess what price You'd pay for it? :) )
mmm 3-pack
dc ds, snowsp, slave1, tie-b, awing, sithinf, repcruise, aat etc
jpn vending e1 af fig 2-pax
foriegn-exclusive "trilogy select" 16-pc fig/ship mm set
var. foreign-issue battle packs
ephant mon
vt

LTBasker
03-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I think the Ewok was reused but not totally sure. Maybe from the Ewok in the Planet set with the glider.

matthewilw
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
here's a few items i'm surprised none of you've yet axed for:
af virago i got her for $3 a few years back (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=901&postcount=1) (so guess what price You'd pay for it? :) )
vt

Actually, somebody did "ax" ;) for the af virago. And that somebody was me. Among these other AF items.

E-wing
Tie Defender
Virago
sebulba's podracer
sith infiltrator

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Marilyn, from our limited contact on the MM board, I have always found your posts 100% informative, positive, and selfless. You are always there to help a collector in need, and continue to do so with this loving gesture of helping out your friends here at SirSteves. I am sorry this message is a little bit late, but I have the utmost respect for the battle you are going through. This sickness has touched most of our lives in someway, and it is never an easy battle to fight. Good luck and bless you for the astounding number of lives you have touched through your kindness and selfless gestures.

scott

JediGoofy
03-10-2005, 04:13 AM
to inspire desire, here's a few items i'm surprised none of you've yet axed for:
mmm 3-pack
dc ds, snowsp, slave1, tie-b, awing, sithinf, repcruise, aat etc
jpn vending e1 af fig 2-pax
foriegn-exclusive "trilogy select" 16-pc fig/ship mm set
var. foreign-issue battle packs
ephant mon
vt

Actually, after everybody get what they desire :) , I will be very interested (besides the AF series alpha vehicles and MM epic collections) in the MM 3-packs (both SW and ST), the MM figure collections and the MM multi-packs to keep unopened, in the AF battle packs to keep unopened too, and in the color variations AF (X-wing, Y-wing, and Snowspeeder squadron color, Emblemless A-wing, etc.). :D

Of course this has a lower priority than other requests from people who needs the same items :) , I was just thinking to add a MIP section to my currently OOP collection. :D

Ciao and "auguri" to r2dee2! :classic:
JediGoofy

P.S. I do not even dare to mention the ZAAP AF and the MM AT-ST proto, but just in case please remember me. :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 11:08 AM
VT, can I get the EPhant Mon?

Warstar
03-10-2005, 06:18 PM
-i'd like to wait & see if anyone else asks for it and, if someone does, decide Then what to do

You evil, evil man...I grovel at your greatness :classic: There'd be a lot more I would love to have from her collection, but I think everyone else here would appreciate the stuff more than I. No one would appreciate that OOM-9 more, though, I can guarantee that, as I still have all of my Episode 1 figures and variants and haven't sold them...nor will I, it seems. Esp. if this OOM-9 comes to me. It's the completist in me :p

Anyway, I am glad to hear she is having good days. It can be tough to have those in general (my mom recently survived breast cancer, so I know how it goes). If you read this R2, you rock! :D

Otherwise, MAN- I saw all of the new Ep 3 vehicles up here at Target for the 3 3/4 line...dang, they ARE cool...esp. the Tri-Wing droid...ARGH! >_<!

With Episode 3 possibly being PG-13, why did George have to save the best for last???

Carry on.

darktrooper7
03-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey VT and others! :)

VT- Thanks for the encouragement to post here on SSG and not just on RS, but i still dont want to seem like an opportunist or hawker by asking for items when im not known over here on SSG...i dont want to disrespect Marilyn or look cheap or whatever in front of the other members here...but since you told me to post in your email back to me here it is ;)

Anyways, Im an avid AF collector so i would be intertested in a couple of items but i think that they will be the ones most people would be after. MIB or OOP is cool with me :)

TIE Defender
Royal Starship
Alpha Royal Starship
Alpha Droid Fighter
Alpha Naboo Fighter
Later Numbered Battle Packs (10 and above)
3 Button Remote-control AT-AT
Prototypes or First shots

Im a big collector and fan of prototypes and first shots, so i would be very keen on any prototypes or unreleased AF or MM. Although im not sure what Marilyn has in the way of protos or firstshots.

So anyway, VT, i know you have a HUGE task in front of you, so good luck and again, please pass on my best wishes to Marilyn.

Cheers,

DT7

sergiurusu
03-11-2005, 12:49 AM
VT asked me to post this message here (this is the PM I sent him a while ago). So here it is:

I don't feel that good. R2 is a great member of our community and
seeing her selling all the items she gathered over the years made me think twice about my whole life.

Anyway I'm not that good at words (especially in English, I'm from
Romania) - even my signature is: Words are not enough...I only hope the money she gets from us will help her get on the feet. Thus if possible I would be interested in some of this stuff if Marilyn has
them. Please let me know.
Some of the items are for my little cousin Roby who had a bad accident
in 2001, a car driver hit him when Roby was on his bike. Then I helped him
overcome the pain, by making him a SW fan and getting for him a nice AF
collection. Somehow I know what pain is and don't like to see it on my
friends.

Action Fleet ships/vehicles :
Alpha Y-Wing
Alpha Cloud Car

Action Fleet playsets :
Generator Core Duel miniscene (TPM)

MicroMachines playsets :
Theed Palace Assault (TPM)
Tatooine Desert (TPM)

Please also send all my best wishes to her and my thoughts and prayers
are always with her all over from Romania. As i said I'm not very good with words.

Thank you,
Sergiu

sicqnus
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Same thing as requested by VT.

Sujet : About R2dee2 - Sicqnus.
Date : 26/02/05 08:31:13 Paris, Madrid
De : SICQNUS
A : vulcantouch@XXXXXXXXXX
"-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXx...
If there is anything I would buy from her, maybe the item because of we met on the net. I would love to buy her Action Fleet JC Penney Remote AT-AT if nobody have asked for it before. I would pay the real price + shipping if needed. But it's not
important, everything swill do it to remember her. I'm sure Mike will need
money because the cure isn't free.
-luckily, their insurance covers it ok :) roger jcp af, i'll lyk :)

I lost my mother 3 years ago from a breast cancer wich have spreaded
metastasis in all her body and especially made 3 brain tumors included one
as big as a golf ball. She was 56 a still beautiful and very active women.
The doctors gave her six months to one year to live but she fought for three
years before passing away. She kept her job until six months before her
death. She was courageous but in the last months she lost the control of her
right arm and her legs and later her memory even with the latest medecine
available. I was able to keep her at home to take care of her, we had nurses
and doctors here every day but I will pass on details, it was a terrible
time. You know VT, I will not
wish these things to happen to my worst enemy. I lived very strange moments,
I remember my mother asking me "who are you ?"... She didn't remember me and
sometimes she thought I was someone else. Terrible time, really. She passed
away peacefully when I was sleeping on a chair right to her during a night
thanks to the morphine the oncologists gave her. She didn't sugffered at
all. That's the only positive thing. I hope Marilyn will not suffer, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Take care of her VT.
Tell her we're thinking of her everyday.
Best regards.
Cyril Chartier (sicqnus)
-feel free to post any or all of this email of yours on the "hospital"
thred; in addition to helping us keep track of who wants what, i'm sure
people would find your personal story of interest, if you wish to share it-
VT

- Done.

dr_evazan22
03-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Like many of you, I sent VT an email for R2, and he suggested that I might want to post (some of) it here...

This is the second time I've sat here to write you regarding Marylin...
Thoughts are going through my head, and I end up discarding them as I come
to rationalize that they are unnecessary, or who cares?

In 5th grade I had this one teacher I liked. Later on, I went to middle school with one of her daughters, we dated for a brief time. Some 10 years or so later my friends
and I heard that her father suddenly passed away. We attended a memorial
service together, then went to 'something' with food afterwards. I say
'something' because I don't want to call it a party. But the fact is that
it was so upbeat and positive I'm not sure what else to call it. I'd like to
think that we helped them get through that terrible situation by being
there, showing we cared for them, and with our laughter at old remembrances,
and friends catching up. I'm glad that you are able to be there, both for
Marylin and Mike, and for the rest of us. Thank you. I may not have had
as much interaction with her as other forumites, but SSG is a community and
she is a part of it.

We'll miss you dearly Marylin. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bobby Fett
03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
How is Marilyn doing? I haven't heard anything for a while. Thanks

vulcantouch
03-30-2005, 12:32 AM
-i'm guessing little/no change since i ain't heard nuthin, tho i let em know they can be in touch anytime. so i assume they're otherwise occupado. i'll wait a few more days before checking in again via phone or email :)

matt: "Actually, somebody did 'ax'"
-ah, well uh wouldja believe i wasn't sure whether you wanted that one or a fuller-priced one? ;)

kh: "can I get the EPhant Mon?"
-don't see why not, oliver twist ;) actually there's two (one of which i got her) :)

jg: "after everybody get what they desire. . . this has a lower priority. . . I do not even dare to mention"
-sheesh, y'all are so civilized i might fall asleep; "where's the Greed?" -quark to hanok, ds9's "starship down" :evil:

ws: "a lot more I would love to have from her collection, but I think everyone else here would appreciate the stuff more"
-well feel free to list wants here just in case "appreciate" and a nickel buys us a hot cuppa Jack Squat :p

dt7: "im not known over here on SSG"
-relax, i already covered that in my post 39 above ("first crack" passage) :)

"you have a HUGE task"
-yeah but how'd you get yer text to go all Typey like that, graphically illustrating your feeling of "strangerness" here? a neat trick ;)
finally, i wonder if whoever'd get the e-wing would mind lettin me have the cool-lookin r7 figure it comes with. e-wing wanters, is that a stupid quextion? :crazed:
vt

matthewilw
03-30-2005, 01:21 AM
finally, i wonder if whoever'd get the e-wing would mind lettin me have the cool-lookin r7 figure it comes with. e-wing wanters, is that a stupid quextion? :crazed:
vt

I don't know how many other people showed interest in the e-wing, but I know that I wouldn't mind at all, you could keep the pilot figure too if I happen to get the e-wing. ;)

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 01:25 AM
kh: "can I get the EPhant Mon?"
-don't see why not, oliver twist ;) actually there's two (one of which i got her) :)

vt

Thanks Vt, tell Mariliyn she is still in our thoughts and prayers.

LTBasker
04-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Sorry it's taken me so long, VT to get this list together but I finally sat down and just typed one out. Any word on how Marilyn is doing?

Here is my list which sorry it's such a long one but oddly it is the short version of which I could think of.

POTF2 Orange Card:
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (Long saber)
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader (Long saber)
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker (Long saber)
Princess Leia Organa (Three ring belt)
R2-D2
Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Fighter Gear - Long saber)
Han Solo (Hoth Gear - fully opened/karate chop hand)
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Fatigues - Long saber)
Yoda

Shadows of the Empire:
All.

Expanded Universe:
All.

POTF2 Freeze Frame:
Darth Vader (Removable Helmet)
C-3PO with Removable Limbs
Death Star Trooper
Ree-Yees
AT-AT Driver
Death Star Droid
Pote Snitkin
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Gear)

Episode 1:
2. Battle Droid (all four variants)
12. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel)
15. Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel)
35. Darth Sidious Holograph
40. R2-B1
41. TC-14
45. Pit Droids (2 pack)
46. Queen Amidala (Battle)
47. Sio Bibble

Saga tail-enders (not the OTC):
04-19: Han Solo (Endor Strike)
04-20: General Madine (Imperial Shuttle Capture)
04-21: Lando Calrissian (Death Star Attack)

Star Tours:
All.

Deluxe and Other:
POTF2-
Crowd Control Stormtrooper
Han Solo with Smuggler Flight Pack
Luke Skywalkers Desert Sport Skiff
Boba Fett
Probe Droid
Hoth Rebel Soldier with Anti-Vehicle Laser Cannon
Snowtrooper with E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster

Gunnerstations-
Millennium Falcon with Han Solo
Millennium Falcon with Luke Skywalker
TIE Fighter with Darth Vader

Power FX-
R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo)
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Luke Skywalker

POTF2 2-packs
Princess Leia Collection-
Princess Leia and R2-D2
Princess Leia and Wicket the Ewok

Max Rebo Collection-
Barquin Dan and Droopy McCool
Joh Yowza and Sy Snootles
Max Rebo and Doda Bodonawieedo

SOTE-
Boba Fett vs. IG-88
Prince Xizor vs. Darth Vader

Episode 1 Other:
Flash Cannon (Electronic)
Gungan Energy Ball Catapult
Jedi Braid
Final Lightsaber Duel / Maul & Obi
Commtech Reader (No sticker on the actual reader)
Jabba Glob
Trophy Darth Maul with Sith Infiltrator

POTJ Deluxe-
Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
Amanaman with Salacious Crumb

Saga Deluxe-
Jango Fett - Kamino Showdown
Obi Wan Kenobi - Kamino Showdown
Spider Droid
Super Battle Droid Builder

Ultra-
C-3PO (Tatooine Escape)
Jabba The Hutt
Jabbas Palace Court Denizens
Jango Fett (Kamino Confrontation)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino Confrontation)
Ewok with Attack Glider (Assault on Endor)

Saga AF Battle Packs-
Dune Sea Ambush
Imperial Endor Pursuit
Tatooine Droid Hunter
Mos Eisley Encounter

CW Deluxe:
Clone Trooper Army - All White
Clone Trooper Army - Yellow Officer
Clone Trooper Army - Red Officer
Clone Trooper Army - Green Officer
Clone Trooper Army - Blue Officer
Destroyer Droid Battle Launcher
Jedi Army
Durge with Speeder bike

Beast Packs:
Luke with Tauntaun Beast Pack
Han with Tauntaun Beast Pack
Luke with Wampa Beast Pack

Mynock Hunt:
Death Star Escape (preferably .00)
Final Jedi Duel
Watto's Box
Tatooine Showdown

Playsets:
Detention Block Rescue
Death Star Chasm or whatever it's called
Endor Bunker
Hoth Trenches

Vehicles:
AT-AT with General Veers and Driver
A-Wing with Pilot
TRU B-Wing
TRU TIE Interceptor
Target Y-Wing
Target Tatooine Skiff

...yeah. I'm mostly looking for MOC or MIB stuff since most of it I got years ago when they first came out but didn't do the whole 1 opened/1 packaged thing. Some though I don't have at all so loose or packaged either way I can probably use it.

Thanks.

vulcantouch
04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
-over a week ago mike sent me following reply. i axed him if i could post it here but ain't yet heard back- i'm guessing cuz he's otherwise occupied- so i'll go ahead & do so:

Sorry that I have neglected to update you on things. Marilyn is steadily going downhill and does not have much interest in anything right now. However, she still has a bit of humor left, and is in reasonably good spirits, given the situation.
It's getting to the point where she doesn't even react much to visitors. I'll keep you up to date on things, and we'll plan on getting together in a few weeks.
Mike

"sorry it's such a long one"
-(as it so happens, i had occasion to utter those exact words last nite :crazed: ) no need to apologize- on the contrary, you're helping us out in wanting so much, the more the better :) on that note, since you're in neighboring okeleydokely, when time comes you might consider making a trip up here to pick up what you seek, as it looks like we'll be able to fill nearly all of your bill, in which case the shipping savings alone would make doing so worthwhile. it'd also give us occasion to hang in the process :)

matt: "I wouldn't mind at all, you could keep the pilot figure too"
-really? you sure? thanx re r7 but i wouldn't want pilot, but maybe someone else here wants him if you don't? :cool:
vt

sicqnus
04-11-2005, 08:11 AM
I will certainly think about her in may when I will move to my nearest cine-city to watch the last opus of this epic saga. I will think about the amount of knowledge and kindness she has always provided to the community. I'm sure she will not be strong enough to be able to see the last episode of what have been an important part of her life.
I agree it's symbolic but life is often unfair.

SWAFMAN
04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I will certainly think about her in may when I will move to my nearest cine-city to watch the last opus of this epic saga. I will think about the amount of knowledge and kindness she has always provided to the community. I'm sure she will not be strong enough to be able to see the last episode of what have been an important part of her life.
I agree it's symbolic but life is often unfair.

How about a petition to be sent to Lucas to get her a screening in her room immediately (if r2dee2 would want it, that is)?

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Where do I sign?

Bobby Fett
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Sign me up.

bobafrett
04-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd sign anything that might give Marilyn a little bit of joy.

LTBasker
04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I would definitely sign for that.

SWAFMAN
04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I have arranged for this to happen with Lucasfilm, provided Marilyn and her husband agree. VT, I've forwarded the Lucasfilm email to you in the hope you can reach Marilyn's husband immediately. Obviously, this is extremely time-sensitive, so please try to coordinate things asap.

vulcantouch
04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
i'm on it////////

SWAFMAN
04-11-2005, 11:54 PM
cool. thanks.

Bobby Fett
04-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Outstanding! I didn't know people like you guys really existed! :) :) :)

britcit3
04-12-2005, 01:39 AM
way to go Swaf!

bc3

darktrooper7
04-12-2005, 01:39 AM
That is truly brilliant. I really hope Marilyn is well enough to enjoy the final chapter of the story that she has made part of her life for such a long period.

Slicker
04-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Holy crap SWAF!! That is such a great gesture on your part and on the part of Lucasfilm. I'll gladly sign anything that would bring that to reality if it's not already one.

JediGoofy
04-12-2005, 06:59 AM
SWAFMAN you are really a good man. :)
I am not able to express my feelings but you know what I mean.

I hope this can bring a moment of joy to r2dee2, not only for the movie, but knowing there are people like you. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

sicqnus
04-12-2005, 07:28 AM
:) Thanks SWAFMan and VT !
It couldn't have been better made.
Great job !
Keep us informed.

Best regards.

SWAFMAN
04-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry to report that health conditions simply do not make it possible to put this plan together. I am so sorry the thought to do this thing came so late, as it appears that we had all the pieces in place, except for my lousy timing. Marilyn's husband could not have been more gracious during our brief conversation, and he wants everyone to know that your expressions of support and caring have been received and have been a source of joy.

I know you'll keep them in your thoughts.

[I just want to add that I can't stress enough how much respect and admiration I have for the people at lucasfilm who took my e-mail seriously on nothing but my word, and were ready to act on the request immediately.]

matthewilw
04-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear that it couldn't be done. Although I'm sure the gesture alone will keep Marilyn going for quite some time. I just can't seem to find the right words for what I'm trying to say right now, so I'll just leave it at that.

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
What a great thing to do. Too bad it couldnt be followed through.

Bobby Fett
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for trying.

vulcantouch
04-13-2005, 12:13 AM
"we had all the pieces in place, except for my lousy timing"
-bah, according to lucasfilm's email the final cut wasn't available b4 friday anyway. if she wouldn't be up for it today i doubt she'd've been the last few days either, so i'd guess your "lousy" timing was hardly pivotal. a magnanimous gesture all the same, one that by contrast hadn't even Occured to me; hell, even tho i thought to record the trailer's broadcast (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26935) a month ago (& even screen it at local microcinema a coupla weeks later, along w/Irma Vep (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=315717&postcount=249)), i Didn't think to notify her back then when she likely could've partaken of it- and you don't see Me beatin meself up about that do ya? well, not much anyway :rolleyes: re the ephemeral implications of matters like this, best to have faith that timings & occurings unfold as they should.

"husband could not have been more gracious"
-yeah, he's cool; glad to hear yall's mssgs were rec'vd (i hadn't heard, and chose not to press the inquiry) :)
vt

JediTricks
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow, I can't believe how much has transpired in the short time I've been offline. SirSteve and I were going to contact Sansweet about this just over a month ago when VT first posted how serious the situation was, but I put the brakes on when Mike's emails told me that even back then Marilyn wasn't well enough to concentrate or stay awake for anything that long, so please do not feel bad about the timing thing because no matter when you would have been able to get the movie to her she wouldn't have been able to see it. :(

Banthaholic
04-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I just wanted to write in to let Marilyn & her family know that they are still in my prayers, my thoughts go out to you and I pray for the best.

One of the things that has made Star Wars such a lasting success is its fans, there dedication, and the sense of community that they embody. Reading through the MM/AF forums and the community all three of those are exemplified, and Marilyn was a great part of that.

LTBasker
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice try anyways guys.

(as it so happens, i had occasion to utter those exact words last nite :crazed: ) no need to apologize- on the contrary, you're helping us out in wanting so much, the more the better :)

The other night I had a dream about something I've constantly overlooked- the Micromachine head playsets. I'd be very interested in those as well, some years ago I lost mine (except the TIE Pilot as I didn't have it yet) in a fire. Micros are very durable, but sadly they don't withstand intense heat very well. So if you need any help in that area, there ya go.

[QUOTE=vulcantouchon that note, since you're in neighboring okeleydokely, when time comes you might consider making a trip up here to pick up what you seek, as it looks like we'll be able to fill nearly all of your bill, in which case the shipping savings alone would make doing so worthwhile. it'd also give us occasion to hang in the process :)[/QUOTE]

That would be really cool, but I don't even have a driver's license, only possibility would be a family trip. I was thinking along the lines of packages every now and then? It might take awhile, but I definitely wouldn't be able to afford everything up-front either. Especially with currently being knee-deep in ROTS.

And theres all that other stuff I need to pay you (and trade you micros) for.

vulcantouch
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
email from hubby:

Marilyn passed away on Friday, the 15th. I buried her last Wednesday.
I won't be doing anything with her SW stuff for a couple of weeks, but
will be contacting you and the gang to see what we can do to dispose of
the whole shebang.

I apologize for not getting with you sooner, but the past two weeks were
very stressing, and family and death matters consumed virtually all of
my time after her passing.

She went peacefully, and I am relieved to see her out of pain. Her last
few weeks were not good ones.

Take care, and I'll be calling you soon.

Mike Guyote

my reply:
howdy mike,
on behalf of myself & her netpals, my condolences. sorry to hear the news but thanx for mssg. no worries about not being in touch, i understand that i am on the periphery. i figured you'd be busy so i stayed outta the way. i'll let her forum friends know. lmk if you need anything, be in touch anytime-
vt

matthewilw
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow, I am stunned. I didn't realize she was so close to death. I am very sorry she had to go in such an unfair way, but am happy that she is no longer suffering in any way. Please give her husband my condolences.

Jayspawn
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the update vulcantouch. I'm very sorry for the passing and loss of r2. Best wishes to her family and friends. She truely was a blessing to others and is now one with the Force.

Bobby Fett
04-25-2005, 06:49 PM
My wife and I are very sorry to hear this. We had just bought another card to send. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Mike and Janice

JetsAndHeels
04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
My heart goes out to her husband and family. I am glad she is no longer suffering or in any pain.

sicqnus
04-25-2005, 07:27 PM
My condolences goes to Mike and her family.
Marilyn, we will miss you.
Rest in peace.

:cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2005, 07:45 PM
My condolence to her family. We know she is in a better place and is finally at peace.

darktrooper7
04-25-2005, 08:06 PM
RIP Marilyn...Just looking at how many international people Marilyn influenced is a credit to her as a person, a collector and friend who will be missed but always remembered.

JediTricks
04-25-2005, 09:25 PM
I am devestated to hear of this, and sorry to lose her this way. I think I'm as rattled as anything to learn that she died 10 days ago though, had finally started to come to grips with the inevitability of her passing recently, but to know we were talking about her and thinking about her when she was already gone, it makes me sadder. Luckily, a lot of us will take something of her with us, even if in only a small way, because she was one of the best of us. My deepest condolences to her family.

bobafrett
04-25-2005, 11:31 PM
I am deeply saddened by this news. My prayers go out to her husband and family. Marilyn touched so many lives, and brought great joy to me when I would get an e-mail from her. My sincerest condolences to everyone who has been touched by her.

2-1B
04-25-2005, 11:58 PM

In a lighter tone, and I'm sure KH will approve, may I give a few :beard: :beard: :beard: to Marilyn for (I assume) dealing with this devastating illness with a lot more courage and dignity than I could ever imagine myself doing were I in the same position ?

I wish peace and healing for her family.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-26-2005, 12:03 AM
I am completely shocked at all of this happening and I was utterly clueless...Marylin, you will be missed so much and my thoughts and prayers go with her husband and family.

I am so sorry I missed this thread!

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 01:36 AM

In a lighter tone, and I'm sure KH will approve, may I give a few :beard: :beard: :beard: to Marilyn for (I assume) dealing with this devastating illness with a lot more courage and dignity than I could ever imagine myself doing were I in the same position ?

I wish peace and healing for her family.

Anytime, she deserves the :beard:.

I am stunned to heart his news. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Please pass along the sorrow I feel for her passing. May she Rest in PEace. :cry: :cry: :cry: :beard:

LTBasker
04-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Rest in Peace.

AndyW
04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
All the thoughts in the world to her family, I hope they find strength in these words and messages of others. I do not believe in a god, but I am sure that she is now someplace better for the endless sleep.

vulcantouch
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
-send it anyway if you wish, along w/above explanation; i imagine mike'd appreciate it all the same :)

kh: "she deserves the :beard: "
-does that smiley connote a salute of which i'm unaware?

jt: "SirSteve and I were going to contact Sansweet"
-yep, that's who responded (anyone wanna email him? i'll sell you his address for 300 quatloos ;)); glad to hear there's no bad blood twixt sir and sans due to the perception that the latter stole former's name ;)

"do not feel bad about the timing thing"
-yeah, what you said :)

"rattled as anything to learn that she died 10 days ago though"
-i understand, as i've had to sit on my impulse to inquire w/mike over the last coupla weeks. i would've liked to attend the burial for example, and "reprazent" ssg there. but it just didn't feel right to impose on his time yet, and i stand by that judgment.

"Luckily, a lot of us will take something of her with us, even if in only a small way"
-damn straight- Our Patron Saint Of The MM Forum has willed her legacy to be a tree heavy with fruit for all of us, and as mike's email above indicates i'm sure he'll appreciate however much we wish to graciously pluck & gather. as would she :)
as for me, i'd already been enjoying the 4 books she laid on me, since i could do so w/out violating my "ain't gonna unseal stuff till i hear you're gone" promise to her. but today, after getting the news and takin a nap (does one feel sleepy upon finally hearing?), i awoke & cracked a few of the byo pod pax she'd also let me take. i'd never gotten these when they came out, as hunting down all the paint variants seemed too much trouble to bother with- and by the time i'd stopped hoping mm versions of same would come out they were long gone :p anyhoo i enjoyed deciding on my fave combos for these new (to me) mms (usually by their colors of course) in the sun as the daylong cloudcover broke for an hour this afternoon. i'll take my time getting into the other things she wanted me to have, but in the meantime thanx for the "new mms", dee (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/vttimemay2003deeA_4Aut_7124.jpg) :kiss:

ltb: "Micromachine head playsets. I'd be very interested "
-just lmk which ones you'd want, she got a bunch (or all- not sure offhand) :)

"if you need any help in that area"
-you kiddin? we need help in All areas- the only quextion is yall's desires :)

"wouldn't be able to afford everything up-front"
-i'll let you know if i hear otherwise but i don't imagine that's gonna be a problem :)

"And theres all that other stuff I need to pay you (and trade you micros) for"
-oh yeah, That ;)

"really cool, but. . . was thinking along the lines of packages every now and then?"
-this'll be an art of the possible as always; i'll let you decide what's possible on your end :)
vt

jeddah
04-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I am shocked and very saddened to hear this news. My enforced absence has been the cause of me not posting here, not because I am callous.

I wish R2dee2 family and friends strength and peace for Marilyn.

jeddah

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I was asking another forum member if there had been any news while at C3. When I got home and turned on the computer, this was the first email I read. The experiences I shared with others from SSG while in Indy proved that this is more then just a site, but a community. While the news of Marilyn's passing is terribly sad our community is no smaller because she is in our hearts; while she may no be posting here, she's 'lurking' out there somewhere.

May The Force Be With you.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-26-2005, 09:41 PM
We at the site will certainly miss Marilyn's expertise on just about everything she posted on, from MM's to items such as SW labeled Chef Boyardee cans to General Mills cereals. We'll miss most her generosity and sweetness, and fittingly a piece of that lives on in her legacy that has been left with all of us collectors who have dealt with her. God Bless Marilyn.

InsaneJediGirl
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
:( :cry:

May she rest in peace and no longer be in suffering.My thoughts go out to her family,I hope they know how much Marilyn will be missed.

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 12:02 AM
kh: "she deserves the :beard: "
-does that smiley connote a salute of which i'm unaware?

Yes, the :beard:is everything. Mostly meant in a good way. Myself and a few others think the :beard: is the best emoticon ever made. It ois used to salute people in their good doings and all. You VT, for having to be the bearer of the news to us, also gets a :beard:

britcit3
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Very sorry to hear that Marilyn is gone - she was a nice lady.

Is there anyway of downloading the TOYFORCE site content using a FTP so that the website can be preserved forever using one of our forummers web free-space - would be a nice gesture to keep her site going.

BC3

JediTricks
04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
glad to hear there's no bad blood twixt sir and sans due to the perception that the latter stole former's name ;)It's only an outside perception, I'm sure. SirSteve's name is Steve, what was he going to do, change his name so Sansweet would be the only "Steve" in Star Wars collecting? As far as I know, Sansweet has no problem with SSG at all, and even has visited the site on occasion.

i understand, as i've had to sit on my impulse to inquire w/mike over the last coupla weeks. i would've liked to attend the burial for example, and "reprazent" ssg there. but it just didn't feel right to impose on his time yet, and i stand by that judgment. I agree, it was the right move, sometimes things just work out in a manner we don't like, a more literal translation might be: "fate can be a real *****".

matthewilw
04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
VT, not sure if these were something Marilyn ever got into, but if she ever happened to pick up any of the Star Trek Furuta ships I would be interested in some of those also, if possible.

JediTricks
04-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Here is the first draft of an SSG news article I'm working on, it was kind of hard for me, so I borrowed a little from some of my earlier words here...

Fellow Collector Marilyn Guyote has Passed Away

Marilyn 'r2dee2' Guyote, one of the best in this hobby and a good friend to the site, lost her battle with cancer earlier this month.

On April 15th, our good friend Marilyn Guyote, aka 'r2dee2', passed away. Last December while enjoying an extended stay in Hawaii with her husband, Marilyn found out that she had renal cancer which quickly spread to her lungs, she underwent several surgeries there and in February returned home to Colorado, but unfortunately the disease was too far along and by the end of that month had entered hospice. Just days before her death, forum member SWAFMAN got in touch with Lucasfilm who graciously agreed to make Episode III available to her at that time, but unfortunately by then her health had deteriorated too far.

The photo attached here is Marilyn with Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew from Alphacon in 2001, sent in by her good friend, SSG's retired Grand Admiral Thrawn.

For those who didn't know her, let me say that she was one of the finest people I had ever met in this hobby, she made it look easy and fun and worthwhile all at the same time, she continues to be someone I really think defines the best of us as Star Wars fans and collectors. She made a great impact on some of us with her presence here, generously sharing her enthusiasm and viewpoint and just being herself. I can't imagine someone in this hobby I would more want to befriend even if only casually, she helped my collection grow while being a true inspiration as well. Marilyn was a Star Wars fan from the day she and her husband Mike first saw the film in 1977, and from the '90s on she amassed an amazing collection -- Marilyn ran her own collecting site, ToyForce (http://www.r2toyforce.net/main.htm) , which catalogued Star Wars merchandise with her unique panache for this hobby, posting information on everything from the common items to the unique and rare pieces to the silliest stuff. Marilyn's info and assistance can be found on many of the stories here on SSG of items most collectors had never heard of before, and she helped SirSteve and Thrawn immeasurably at Alphacon in 2001 under less-than-ideal circumstances. From Jan 1, 2005, on Marilyn communicated through her husband, Mike, her appreciation for her Star Wars friends here and a desire to get back to hanging out with them on the forums, but sadly she never got that opportunity

One didn't need to know Marilyn 'r2dee2' well to be affected by her quiet joy of fandom and call her "friend", her impact will not be soon lost even though her presence will be sorely missed. Our deepest condolences go out to her loved ones, and we express our thanks to them for sharing such a wonderful person with us.

sergiurusu
04-29-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I always hoped Marilyn will have the strength to remain with us for a longer time. God rest her soul! Dumnezeu sa o odihneasca.

2-1B
04-29-2005, 04:00 AM
A fitting tribute, JT. Well done.

Bobby Fett
04-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Excellent job JT.

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 10:33 AM
JT, nicely done.

Slicker
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Nicely written JT. I assume from the right up it's going on the front page, no? If so that is a fitting tribute to a SW fan that was obviously liked by many. I would hope that I would have such an impact on people that I wouldn't be forgotten.

vulcantouch
04-29-2005, 01:43 PM
. . .as with other articles?

"what was he going to do, change his name"
-you gotta admit, that woulda been high-larious- like 2 catty chix who wore the same dress to a dance :silly:

"Sansweet has no problem with SSG at all"
-aw, i hate it when a potential good feud's extinguished afore it gets a chance to flame up :p

jdah: "enforced absence has been the cause of me not posting here, not because I am callous"
-yeah we know but, did you have to say so outright? we coulda at least had fun Imagining the latter ;)

kh: "VT, for having to be the bearer of the news"
-ain't no thang; but personally i like :Pirate: ;)

mat: "if she ever happened to pick up any of the Star Trek Furuta"
-not to my knowledge, i think those were a bit after her time (the last several years she concentrated only on sw iirc); i'll check tho :)

de22: "she's 'lurking' out there somewhere"
-indeed, i like to think she's "become more powerful than we could Possibly imagine" ;)

bc3: "would be a nice gesture to keep her site going"
-yeah i been thinkin bout that too; anyone here w/any website xpertise (which would Not be me) wanna do it? if so & i'll find out if mike's got any passwords or whatnot that'd help. after all, what a shame it'd be to lose all the great pix she took of Me ;)
speakin of which: hittin annual local trekcon dealer room 2nite w/b'jr et al; just ain't gonna be the same w/out the lady (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/starfestvt_r2_baaljr_warstar_aut_3511f.jpg) in our posse-
vt

LTBasker
04-29-2005, 03:06 PM
"Sansweet has no problem with SSG at all"
-aw, i hate it when a potential good feud's extinguished afore it gets a chance to flame up :p

There's always Steve (Owner of TheJawa.com) vs. SSG Steve. :D

Though Thejawa Steve was never really feudful...

sicqnus
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks JT,
This would be a very nice way to pay homage to Marilyn.

Hellboy
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I was unaware of this thread, and Marilyn's condition for that matter, up until today and even though my interaction with 'r2dee2' was limited I was deeply saddened reading through everything that has been posted in regards to her over the past 4 months. :cry:

Best wishes to her husband Mike and the rest of her family and friends.

JediTricks
05-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Nicely written JT. I assume from the right up it's going on the front page, no? If so that is a fitting tribute to a SW fan that was obviously liked by many. I would hope that I would have such an impact on people that I wouldn't be forgotten.
Yes, it'll go up on the main page news. I've added a comment from Thrawn to the article since he is the one who introduced me to Marilyn, and a link at the end to this thread, as well as a link to the Pike's Peak Hospice in reference to donations. Now I'm just waiting on Steve's final approval on the article, which I would have had Friday or yesterday but unfortunately I wasn't around.

jt: think you should include a "discuss in our forums" link to this thred. . . . . .as with other articles?Those are automatically-added and link to the general forums, I couldn't change that if I wanted to. However, I am adding a link to this thread in the next-to-last paragraph (the one which I wrote up with Thrawn's comments after I posted the initial version above).

-indeed, i like to think she's "become more powerful than we could Possibly imagine" Several times I was tempted to make Star Wars references like that in the story, it would have made the opening parts a lot easier and more accessable to readers, but ultimately it didn't feel right to me so I didn't go there... so of course Thrawn's comment ends on that note. :p

-yeah i been thinkin bout that too; anyone here w/any website xpertise (which would Not be me) wanna do it? if so & i'll find out if mike's got any passwords or whatnot that'd help. after all, what a shame it'd be to lose all the great pix she took of Me I can advise, but I don't have the time to actually do that sort of thing. I too would like to see it kept open though, it's a very nice site.

There's always Steve (Owner of TheJawa.com) vs. SSG SteveYeah, but unlike Sansweet, TheJawa came AFTER our little site here. ;)

RobertDD
05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone,
Although I haven't been writing a lot I've been following the forum off and on. This thread especially got my attention.

Quite a while ago I got into those funny little vehicles called Action Fleet. I had to have 'em all. I searched the internet far and wide to find out what was out there, Action Fleet wise, and that's how I came upon Artoo's web page. She had this whole page up on a three button At-At. For months I searched ebay. No 3 button At-At's. So finally I mustered up the courage and wrote that fellow (I had no clue he was a she at that point) from that Artoo page an email, asking if that was an April 1st joke about that 3-button At-At, or if it was serious. Marilyn was the nicest, she wrote back to me quite fast, telling me all about how J.C. Penney sold it, what the item number was in the catalogue, etc. After that I continued the hunt. I finally found one about two years ago. It is one of the most prized items in my collections. I can honnestly say that if artoo hadn't been there my collection of action fleet would have been incomplete and I most likely would not even have known it. Thanx Marilyn.

Monstermile
05-01-2005, 08:33 PM
It is so sad to hear that Marilyn has passed. I have known about her illness for a little while but had hoped somehow she would recover. I've known Marilyn since way back in the days of trading on usenet. She was a very active member of our collecting club on egroups and was always willing to help out whenever possible. She will be sadly missed by the whole Star Wars community and anyone who has had the privledge of meeting her. It is reassuring to know she went peacefully and she is no longer suffering.

RIP Marilyn

mastermatt24
05-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Its horrible to know that part of the SSG family is gone- Rest in Peace Marilyn.

QLD
05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I had no idea about this until today. I really wish this had been posted in the general area, as I wish I could have sent my regards to her, and her family.

Bee that as it may, I haven't been on much, because of recovering from my own surgery this year. But I will really miss Marilyn. I didn't collect the Mircomachines, but I did have occassion to converse with her about other items. And like others have said, she was the most genuine, nice, and fun-loving member here. And, she had one of the most interesting, and unique SW collections I have ever seen. Her presence will always be missed, that's for sure. You never know what you have, until it's gone.

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I put up the article in the SSG news, you can see it here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31335

As you can see, one of the additions is that SirSteve will be auctioning off a C3 Vader figure with the proceeds going to charity, specifically the hospice where Marilyn spent her last few months. Also in the near future, SSG's auction section will be hosting charity auctions from some of Marilyn's friends as well, anybody interested in doing this please LMK.

jedi-cpa
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't know that I ever chatted with her here, I know I never met her in person, but she has gone home...and by what's been written, she seems absolutely wonderful.

God must have wanted someone to watch Episode III with.

If her friends or family read this, tonight you are in my prayers.

jedicrippler
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
My deepest condolensces to Marilyn's family.

I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I still maintain an account (I'm one of the guys from way back when the great ISE attack crippled the old boards). We at GalacticHunter have been praying for Marilyn as well & we are deeply saddened by her passing. I only knew of her from her postings on the boards.

However, I know all too well what she went through. My mother passed away June 28 last year due to breast cancer (she'd been in remission for 17 years). It came back so suddenly & spread so rapidly there was nothing to be done. She spent the final 3 weeks of her life in ICU, mostly hooked up to a respirator. Once it was discovered the cancer had spread as rapidly as it had (it had become, I think the term is metastatic & had spread through her chest cavity & even into onve of her lungs), I had to make the choice of what to do. She was aware of everything going on & she let me know that she didn't want to suffer anymore. That was the hardest call I've ever made. And will ever make.

I have no doubt that my mom was there to welcome Marilyn to the great beyond. She's in good company, that's for sure. :classic:

bobafrett
05-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother jedicrippler. I just got back from visiting with my mom who is looking so frail from the colon cancer she has. It hurt so bad seeing her like that, and she was in the hospice care wing of the hospital. It seems my youngest sister who has been caring for her, needed a break and her pshycologist recommended my mom stay there for 3 days to give my sister some time off. My family had been discussing if my moms condition was such that she might want to consider full time care at a hospice center. While I was visiting my mom asked my brother and youngest sister what items we wanted of hers. I felt so strange, much as I did here requesting some of Marilyn's collection before she was gone. But my mom was fine with it, and I came home today with some of my moms family items. We all sat around her bed, as she discussed how she wants to be cremated and her ashes divided amongst the 4 of her kids. She had a whole several pages of people she wanted to send letters to when she eventually passes. It felt surealistic and strange.

2-1B
05-03-2005, 01:54 AM
JT, the auction is a fantastic idea.

JediGoofy
05-03-2005, 08:43 AM
We will miss you Marilyn, and I will remember you everytime I come here to discuss about SW collecting with all the other MM and AF friends.

SWAFMAN
05-03-2005, 10:24 AM
God must have wanted someone to watch Episode III with.

:cry: :) A very touching sentiment, and one that will stay in my mind every time I watch EpIII.

fuzzyjedi
05-03-2005, 10:52 AM
:cry: I've never posted here before but when I heard about Marilyn yesterday and the thread here I had to come. Marilyn was the most compassionate person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. We first met on the usenet groups years ago. Just seeing her email address in the from line was enough to bring a smile to my face.

I know that I have been extremely blessed to have been lucky enough to know her. Her presence was a shining beacon to all of the sw collecting communities that have sprung up on the web, regardless if you personally knew her because I imagine that it wouldn't take many degrees of separation to find someone who did know her.

I've learned so much from Marilyn and I just can't put into words how highly I felt about her. I will always have Marilyn in my thoughts when I think of the joys of collecting. And I will cherish the items she helped me add to my collection even more.

Marilyn, you were like the warm sunshine on your face on a cold morning day. We love and miss you.:cry:
Brian G

Dar' Argol
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
I cannot believe I missed this! I saw the front page today, after being away a few days, and it hit me like a brick wall. I knew Marilyn back in the day when I was a Mod and she was one of the first people to compliment me on my avatar site and post it on the front page of her's. I know I did not know her as well as some others, but she always had kind words for me and suggestions when I needed them.

In a world of scaplers and people just trying to make a quick buck off this hobbie, it was wonderful and refreshing to meet someone else who loved to do this just for the joy of the collection.

She will be missed, and never replaced.

JEDIpartner
05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
This world is better for having her as a part of it. Remember Marilyn through her kindness as you meet people along your own journey. She will live in all of us in that fashion.

Bless... :(

JEDIpartner
05-04-2005, 02:13 PM
(Click on the sad face...)

:( (http://www.iberianet.com/articles/2005/04/19/people/obituaries/marilyn%20guyote.txt)

2-1B
05-05-2005, 01:46 AM
I remember reading about Dee's daughter on her site a few years back and how young she was when she passed away. So sad. :(

When I learned in this thread that she was terminally ill, I read that part on her site again and was reminded of the situation with her daughter . . . I hope this doesn't sound too cheesy but if there is a silver lining in Marilyn's suffering and impending death, I bet her daughter was constantly on her mind so I hope that she took peace and comfort knowing that she would be able to "be" with her daughter again.

I'm not a parent but I always hear that there is nothing more painful than to lose a child. As time goes on I have seen some of my own friends die young and I completely understand that for a parent there could be nothing worse.

So yeah, like I said, I hope Marilyn is now with her daughter again. :)

vulcantouch
05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
jt: "didn't feel right to me so I didn't go there"
-and it's SOOOOO corny i Had to go there ;)

"hosting charity auctions from some of Marilyn's friends"
-did you & ss get related email i sent?

lbc: "SW labeled Chef Boyardee cans to General Mills cereals"
-she still had some of that stuff, and as i recall it'd gotten Pret-ty stale; lmk if you want a snack ;)

jcrip: "mother passed away June 28 last year due to breast cancer"
bfrett: "my mom who is looking so frail from the colon cancer"
-small world- my mama's been doin the breastusus canker shuffle for about a year now; tho thus far it's not been a grim fight, just found out chemo's gonna be on the menu after all :dis:

qld: "wish this had been posted in the general"
-not a bad idear; of course, no one's stoppin anyone from doing so ;)

d'a: "In a world of scaplers and people just trying to make a quick buck"
-if they ever make a film about dee's life, we Must get La Don (http://thetrailertrash.com/donlafontaine.html) to recite that phrase of yours over the trailer ;)
meanwhile, 2 recent emails from/to hubby-
vt

How's life treating you?
-can't complain, howzabout you? :)

I'll probably be ready for us to start on Marilyn's collection sometimes in mid-May. How does that sound to you?
-whenever's good for you, just lmk & we'll work somethin out :) meanwhile netpals continue posting reactions to the news, some with condolence messages for you & yours, in case interested:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&page=4&pp=40 and http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&page=5&pp=40
also at http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=TOR&Number=97378&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1
and http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1070370&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

Thank you for all the links. I have copied all of them and placed them into a memorial book that I'm doing for Marilyn.
-i'd be interested to see that during/after its completion; might be able to help ensure max completeness re this particular corner of her life :)

I'd also like to apologize to you for not notifying you of her death.
-no need; as i said, it ain't hard for me to grasp my peripherality re this situation. gotta pick one's battles, i understand :)

We knew that she was going downhill, but the death at that time was completely unexpected, and I had to deal with the plethora of family members, etc. that descended into town. If you could, please let all of the SW folks know that Marilyn saw all of the posts to her (at least up until the beginning of April). She was thrilled to know that all loved her. Send my thanks to all of the forums. You are all a great group!
-i'll pass it on :)

I'll be pinging you in a couple of weeks so that we can start the process of getting her collection to those who can most appreciate it. I intend to donate some of those proceeds to the Pike's Peak Hospice also.
Take care. I'm glad that you were able to come down and see her when you did...
-yep, me too :)

you're the only SW fan that got that opportunity.
Mike ....aka Wile E Coyote ... (my old fighter pilot name)

JediTricks
05-06-2005, 06:56 PM
"hosting charity auctions from some of Marilyn's friends"
-did you & ss get related email i sent?Can't speak for Steve, but I did not, could you resend?

qld: "wish this had been posted in the general"
-not a bad idear; of course, no one's stoppin anyone from doing so ;) True. I didn't start a thread there because this is the group of people that I was originally relaying information for.

Glitch
05-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I just read through the entire topic, and I'm completely floored.

I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to speak to Marilyn on the phone a few times, along with a number of e-mails, and this news is devastating. Marilyn had such a good nature and genuine enthusiasm you rarely see in this hobby - or in life. Her positive disposition and warm nature is something I will ALWAYS remember.

I leave this topic with a lump in my throat and nothing but the deepest condolences to Marilyn's family.

:(

vulcantouch
05-09-2005, 01:47 PM
-did this weekend; did you get yet?

glit: "just read"
-i coulda notified you, but i never heard back from most of the emails i've sent to you, so i gave up on tryin to reach you thusly :neutral: meanwhile looks like jg will "inherit" the atst proto dee got via you & enjoyed- and speakin of you:

hag: "(dee) even brought us our resident micro-maker, 'Glitch'"
-i thought jdah brought glitch here, no?
vt

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 08:13 PM
I did get it, mulling over its contents now, I need to get that show on the road, SWAFFY ran into a roadblock trying to set up an auction but Steve took care of it.

matthewilw
05-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there any way someone could set up a paypal account that we could just donate money to? Or would it be easier to just wait and tack on some extra $$ when it comes time to pay for anything we get from Marilyn's collection?

Glitch
05-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey VT,

I don't know what e-mail address you have, but I've been "on the go" quite a bit these days. I'm really sorry about that.

It's really weird how hard this has hit me. I've been thinking about it all day. Like I said, it's just painful to see this happen to such an enthusiastic, positive, and kind person. It's all very difficult.

I hope the proto gets a good home. I know Marilyn enjoyed it quite a bit. I think Jeddah was the one who lured me here, but....

Oh, well.

It's sad that this had to be the first topic I posted in after such a long time away.

Depressing day.

:(

vulcantouch
05-13-2005, 04:06 PM
dunno why i never got a dsd originally, he's purty cool; as for the forcelinx, they never came out w/mms of these so Lay Off ;)

glit: "don't know what e-mail address you have"
-now that you mention it, it;'s been so long i'm not sure either ;) i think i had 2 or 3 different actually. but feel free to email me a current "on-the-go" one :)

"hope the proto gets a good home"
-i'm sure jg qualifies- as a turin resident, he can easily take it to visit padme's lake como ;)

matt: "would it be easier to just wait and tack on some extra $$"
-ok by me, just specify that's what you're doin when you send $$ :) otherwise i found this (http://www.pikespeakhospice.org/foundation.asp?pageid=0|9) from link included in jt's news item-
vt

good shot jansen
05-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Marilyn,

I am shocked to return to the boards after so long to find that you are no longer here....................

you made my life so much more meaningful and worthwhile by the words, and life experiences that you shared here, and many other places on the web, (as well as always in my heart).

you elevated this hobby of ours, to a whole different level, where collectors helped each other out, gave encouragement , found ways to help acquire that always tough to get last item that seemed to be missing and hoplessly out of reach from our collections.

you extended to us, the warmth of your soul, and the depth of your generosity.

I have saved and will now cherish every email between you and I, sadly, these are the lifelong readings that I now have to remind me of your warmth and friendship, but happily i will forever bask in them.

Marilyn, knowing you has made a difference in not only my life, but in the life of my children. from you I learned to always appreciate what you have now and forever, and to share joyously in every moment the things you love with those you love. in doing this you are always sharing and giving the love of what you have to offer.

thank you Marilyn

all my love

JediGoofy
05-14-2005, 09:17 AM
"hope the proto gets a good home"
-i'm sure jg qualifies- as a turin resident, he can easily take it to visit padme's lake como ;)

And consider I can also pay a visit to Padme in her Royal Palace in Caserta bringing the proto with me. :)
Well, last time I went there she wasn't home at the moment, but I left a note for her to the guards. ;)

So I hope to be qualified to host properly the AT-ST proto and, possibly, the rest of r2dee2 collection I will be allowed to obtain after vt's effort of catalogation and distribution. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Ok, here's the info about the charity auctions:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28337

As soon as we get a few 'seed' auctions going, I'll put this up in the site's news. Sorry for the delay, it's been a lot of little stuff.

Monstermile
05-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Don't forget to give a thought to Marilyn tonight or tomorrow (or whenver you see EIII) as you watch the opening scroll. She never had a chance to see it.

Warstar
05-25-2005, 07:54 PM

So, I finally am able to return to SirSteve's (it wasn't loading on my system for quite some time here- no idea why- and I tried on other computers, too)...and I find out that Marilyn has passed away :(

She was, by far, one of the coolest collector's I have ever known- let alone the coolest female collector I have known.

I expressed my condolences in this thread already...

...but I am sorry to finally read what has happened.

I remember one of the last times I saw her. I had just flown back from Seattle in 2001 on the day of my last grandmother's death. We all met at Starfest (We all being me, VT, Baal Jr. and R2) and swapped toys and stories...it was hard losing my grandma, but Marilyn helped a bit just by being positive and supportive to me. It's something I won't forget. I am glad to have a picture from that evening.

She will be missed.

...now at 31 and being villified for selling my collection, I realize that the pieces of plastic and metal we all have just created the bonds we shared- it's "us" who keep those bonds alive.

I don't know, VT, if you ever spoke with Marilyn about the OOM-9 with White CommTech chip, or if you gave it to someone else or whatever...I would still like to have it- at least as something I can proudly display as a former supercollector. If it's gone, so be it. If it's not, I want it. It's sure a lousy replacement for Marilyn, though...I'd rather she be around than the figure, but that's not to be.

I'll hopefully be able to access this site more in the coming months. I am moving soon having just completed my second Bachelor's Degree in Motion Picture/Video.Theater from Montana State University.

May the Force be with us all, and my prayers with Marilyn's family.

vulcantouch
05-26-2005, 12:45 AM
as jg said "thanx vt for being vt"
as for curatin' and bestowin' marilyn's love and passion on all of us, i have no particular wants or needs. mason who is now 11, no longer plays with star wars, and "dad" is the only one who admires them for what they are. the missus doesn't understand why i don't dump the load on ebay,
-feel free to link her to my scalpthred (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=17869) ;)

and my kids think i'm goofy for playing with them from time to time. oh well, i could have worse hobbies. anyway, shortly after you had scored our 1st of many exchanges over the years past (an af virago if you recall), i was forever changed by your mm huntin' and sharin' ways. it was shortly after our 1st transaction that i had sent marilyn a 1st edition individually numbered a-wing (or was it darth vaders tie?). i had sent it to her gratis, (she in return had more than made good with a ton of items snet in my direction), i also had scored and sent her the jcp plastic set which included the x-ray shuttle.
i would like (if no one has claimed them yet) for these two items to be sent to jedi tricks, and i will pay whatever costs are involved. at the same time that i sent marilyn the a-wing (or was it darth vaders tie?), i had sent jt a numbered vaders tie (or was it the a-wing?). anyway, i know that he would greatly appreciate these items, and as always i am indebted to him for giving all of us buzz boarders a new cafe to sit and sip fer a spell. i didn't want to post this request on the board, and in fact, would almost perfer remaining anonymous.
-bah, screw that self-effacing jazz; i've always encouraged people to post their wants on the "hospital" thred as it's helped others get over any discomfort about asking for dee's stuff. for simplicity's sake, with your permission i can post xcerpts of this email there if you like, lmk :)

so when you track down and inventory these two items, let me know what i owe ya, and if you could, just send em on to la for jt to enjoy. i finally found a thread in the forum that stated that i sent jt the a-wing, so it was the darth vader tie that i had sent marilyn. if you find it, as i requested in my previous e-mail, that and the jcp exclusive plastic set, if no one has claimed them, please forward on to jt, and send me the bill. thanx. . .
absolutely post it, Reading now what I sent you about sending jt the stuff annony, does sound a bit too self effacing, it's just that I really don't have any wants or needs form her collection, and I know that jt would enjoy the vaders tie and jcp set, and I didn't want to post to that effect on the site. It sounds to philanthropic and self serving,
-oh i didn't say That, i just mean that disclosure would serve our purpose here better than anonymity :)

when niether apply, I just want him to have them, and I know he won't ask, that's all. Oh and one more thing, I was conversin' with brit cit this weekend over msn, even used our web cams (cool stuff), and I asked him if he had made any inquiry's into marilyns legendary three button at-at. He's had that as a want item on his site for eons. I can't think of anybody better for that item to go to. (actually swaffy wouldn't be a bad choice either), but anyway, if no one has asked for that,
-as it happens, i don't recall that anyone has :)

I will pay the bill for it to go to jim, as he told me that he didn't feel right asking for anything from her collection.
-sheesh, what's With you people? c'mon now, let's see some Hunger already :greedy: :crazed:

If it's already been spoken for, then never mind, if he ain't gonna squeak up his wheel, he'll never get it greased.
marilyn loved the time she spent with her star wars collection, collectin'it, catalogin' it, and most important sharin' it. She set the standard by which all eles in the community should strive for. She had stated to me on many e-mail occasions how this was her thing, and mike only gave a cursary glance to it from the periphery with a questioningly confused look. There were times that I had to put my foot down when she would insist on sending me something from her collection that she did not have a dupe of, just for the reason of supplying mason with a toy that he was at the time wanting to add to his collection. In fact she had sent me a tie interceptor flight controller (her only one), cause I was having a dickens of a time finding it. Her reason was that she wanted mason to have it, before he grew to old to appreciate the toys as a kid, and that she knew that she would track down another for herself, (which she did). I know she would want donations to be made to the hospice, (which I am going to do this week, thanx for postin the link to their site), but as for her collection, she would indeed want the items that she was able to track down and cherish, be passed on to those who would appreciate them and enjoy them as she had for so many years. This was her request to you, and she knew you better than almost anyone else on the forums, you and her spent the most time together in person due to your close proximity (you lucky so and so). Thankfully the rest of us have the vtime in the rockies postin's to include us in your and her afternoon meetings. She stated her wishes and you are providin' just as she requested.

ws: "if you gave it to someone else"
-no one's inquired about it, So Far; anyone? Anyone? :dev:

"moving soon"
-know where yet? back to colo?

mon: "Don't forget to give a thought to Marilyn"
jt: "Sorry for the delay"
-no biggie, & no rush on you & ss answering my email; on that note, ever see this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=393361#post393361)? just makin sure b4 i reply in case you wanna add anythin :) meanwhile latest email xchange excerpt w/hubby touches on botha yall's remarks:

I'm ready to start looking into us getting together to process Marilyn's collection. What are your plans for the next millennium?
I guess the best time would be during weekends, but I don't want to spoil your weekends. Perhaps we could look into you coming out on a Friday evening and you spending whatever portion of Saturday that you would find acceptable.
-yep, i figure if we're gonna take the trouble to get me down there, it'd be most worth that trouble if i stayed a bit once i'm there, to get as much done as possible per trip :) i won't be able to do everything at once of course, so i figured maybe a weekend here & there, maybe a several-day stretch when the time was right, etc. i currently have enough with online pals' wants to keep me busy through at least a weekend down there, just lmk when might be good- all i'd require is food, shelter, a tape player and access to a tv/vcr during SNL and the sunday-nite fox cartoon shows ;) net access there could help w/fact-checking if you currently have it, but i should be able to manage if you don't :)

Have not gotten to the latest SW movie yet, but plan on doing so this week. It really pains me that Marilyn was not here to see it.
-yep, i'm sure she was on quite a few of her pals' minds as we viewed it; think she woulda liked it. on other hand aspects of it here & there echoed both her situation and ours in poetic or "inspirational" ways :)
vt

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 02:28 AM
GSJ sent me the numbered A-wing, which I have sitting right next to my test-shot E-wing.

I am honored to be thought of so highly, really it is you guys who continue to come here and help me keep the flame of Galoob alive in our hearts who deserve the credit for this Micro Machines forum. Anything you feel you owe to me has been repaid in friendship a dozen times over. (I'll just assume VT will insert a snarky comment in response, so we can dispense with that ahead of time ;))

As for the AF numbered DV TIE and the JCP X-ray set, I am quite humbled that you thought of me GSJ, I must decline the latter though as I already have one thanks to a generous soul here (the clear Imp Shuttle rests about 2 feet from my hand even now, there it is, next to 9" transforming Voltron and my Futurama figures).

-no biggie, & no rush on you & ss answering my email; on that note, ever see this (http://showthread.php?p=393361#post393361)?I did see it, but it seemed like the thread spun out of control by the time I had a chance to reply. As for answering your email, I am still basically waiting for a few things to gel with the auctions, there was an isolated registration problem for Swaffy's account which took me aback and ended up a little bit of a sore spot between me and Steve.

On the topic of the charity auctions, nothing seems to have gotten off the ground as of yet and I am having a hard time facing them because I'm still sad about losing Marilyn. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know because I feel adrift in the situation.

SWAFMAN
05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm swamped at work for the next month, but will try to post a charity auction when time permits, but it's going to be a while. (for those who didn't see them, I already posted several items [snospdr, btl.-squads, a couple 3-3/4" figs], but it was on the beta version of the ssg auction site and I had some technical difficulties relisting them on the "live" auction site)

JT - if you can still "see" my old auction listings on the old version of the auction site, and want to relist them w/ same info, under your name, I'll ship the stuff to the winners from here. Otherwise, I'll try to do it at some point in the future. I'm really sorry. I had a couple pretty free weeks earlier this spring, but now I'm on tight deadlines. Speaking of which.... back to the salt mines. :rolleyes:

Warstar
05-26-2005, 05:41 PM
"anyone? Anyone?"

*Raises hand* :D

I'm moving to a new place here in Bozeman- this town is just too danged nice to leave...yet. I seek employment in broadcasting, and I am hoping to get a job at my local PBS station about mid-summer.

Otherwise, as you may or may not have read in other threads, my lust for a 3-3/4 inch collection (of which I still have a TON) is just dead...I am still collecting a few things (notably the Titaniums and Lego Mini's) so I haven't gone completely to the Dark Side ;)

Take care, vt :)

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 03:52 AM
I'm afraid I don't have access to the old auctions system Swaffy, but thanks for making that offer.

SWAFMAN
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
there was an isolated registration problem for Swaffy's account which took me aback and ended up a little bit of a sore spot between me and Steve.

I am very sorry that my auction account created friction within the ssg management. :(

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Not your fault at all.

MGR311FAN
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Vulcantouch,

I highly doubt you remember me, but I met you at one of the Fan Club Warehouse Conventions with Marilyn. I was collecting Star Wars at the time and am now back into it. Anyway, just thought I'd touch bases with you and say hello. I could not believe how sad it was to hear about Marilyn. I met Marilyn in 1998 and started our collecting club with her and another guy. I cannot express my sorrow. She was such a generous lady and will be missed.... Anyway, take care.

Matt
MGR311FAN@aol.com
Jedi Council of Colorado Springs

vulcantouch
06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
-did you have any particular area of snakriness in mind? just name it & i'll do me best to fill the bill :crazed:

"must decline the latter"
-which means ok on the former then? :)

"by the time I had a chance to reply"
-the great thing about these is they'll keep- after all, look how long i been keepin them Babies waitin :evil:

mgr: "doubt you remember me"
-sure, you're the guy from capitol hill who joined us at le peep (http://r2toyforce.net/sale.htm), right? ;) glad to have you here, how'd you hear about all this?

"now back into it"
-in that case, if there's any stuff from dee's collection you might like, i'm sure she'd be happy for you to have it :)

swaf: "very sorry"
jt: "Not your fault"
-"hey fellas, we're competin against archie & jughead"- Right Stuff's gus grissom :silly:
vt

JediTricks
06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I feel unworthy on the former, but I won't say no because of the who and the why.

Not sure I catch your meaning on the "waiting" comment though.

BTW, I am not Jughead, he'd have a 5-digit cholesterol level by now eating all those hamburgers, and my eyes are at least halfway open usually.

MGR311FAN
06-03-2005, 09:37 PM
VT,

An amazing memory you have! :-) I didn't even remember Le Peep until you said that. Anyhow, I heard about all this when I saw the obituary. Like I said, it really hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to tell all the other "council members" that I have stayed in contact with.

I don't know what to say about Marilyn's collection. How did this all come about? Was it truly her wish to dispense all her stuff to friends? That's amazing. Do you have a list of it all? If it was posted somewhere on the board, just let me know and I'll find it.

Again, I really appreciate the reply. Marilyn's kindness and generosity spread through the entire world....

By the way, is Mike back in Hawaii or is he still here in Colorado? Let me know, I'd like to send a card. Thanks! Take care and stay in touch.

Matt Rogers

LTBasker
06-04-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't know what to say about Marilyn's collection. How did this all come about? Was it truly her wish to dispense all her stuff to friends? That's amazing. Do you have a list of it all? If it was posted somewhere on the board, just let me know and I'll find it.

Yeah it was, if you read through the thread it's all talked about in here. It might be around the first 10 pages or so maybe...

vulcantouch
06-04-2005, 05:24 PM
-i refer to stillakowid's miss-the-point inference that our debate replies are somehow time-sensitive (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=393391&postcount=54) ;)

"feel unworthy on the former, but I won't say no"
-who & why notwithstanding, that answer's clear enuf for me, garth ;)

mgr: "have a list of it all?"
-what i sed back in the news-breakin post (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=374610&postcount=39) ("it would be a formidable task to list all of it, and hardly worth it at this time. so i think it'd be more efficient to proceed in the opposite direction, i.e. first hearing what y'all might want" ) remains true; hyperlink about 4/5 down here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=375313&postcount=61)'s still as close to a list as we've got. suffice it to say, if it's a sw collectible that came out between '93 & '03, it's a good bet dee got it :)

"had to tell all the other 'council members"
-yes, please do spread the word, and send anyone you think may be interested here :)

ltb: "might be around the first 10 pages or so"
-or the first couple, if your settings are for max posts per page (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&page=5&pp=40) like mine :)
vt

Kidhuman
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
VT, did Marylin have any movie posters. If they are unclaimed and she had them, I would like to claim them.

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Ok VT, I catch your meaning now, you made them wait as long as you pleased without concern, eh?

I shant respond to that Garth Algar reference however, my good man. :p

vulcantouch
06-17-2005, 12:29 AM
-the way i figger it, I'VE waited This long for them to offer a cogent argument, so them piggies can wait for my wisdom pearlz til it's convenient 4me :D

kh: "If they are unclaimed and she had them"
-as i recall, she did and, lucky for you, they are :) lmk if there's any ones in particular you seek; i'll check exactly what's are in her collection next chance i get, which might not be too much longer- latest correspondence from mike:

I got sent back to Maui 'til the end of the month to set up the equipment for a photometry lab...(writing you from there). I planned to get with you the 1st weekend after the 4th holiday - if you will be available.
-at this point, that doesn't look like a problem :)

I'll give you a call when I get back home and we can set up a time for you to come on down.
-sounds like a plan :)

There is an awful lot of stuff...I'm afraid that we've got quite a task ahead. I thank you ahead of time for your help!
-my honor, my privilege; just a matter of whatever's convenient for both of us :)
vt

Kidhuman
06-17-2005, 01:05 AM
VT, I am looking for any of the 6 films. Thanks.

Warstar
06-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey VT-

I sifted through my old SirSteve's Guide mailbox today and found some communications between myself and R2. Made me reminsece (SP). She mentioned that if she had given the OOM-9 with white-back COMMTech Chip to me I would have sold it, and then it'd be gone to both her and I. Heh- gotta' love that logic :)

I'm still asking for that figure and I am still reassuring you- giving you my absolute word- that I will never part with it. Ever.

I'll be direct- (a certain Cadassian Tailor would be...:D)

Please let me have the carded, white-backed COMMTech Chip OOM-9 figure from Marilyn's Star Wars: Episode 1 collection.

Thanks ^_^;

vulcantouch
06-30-2005, 01:01 PM
ws: "Please let me have"
-well it Still ain't been axed for by anyone else, so it's prolly gonna be yours :evil:

"giving you my absolute word"
-that reminds me; maybe i should require those of you who aren't regulars here to also give their word that they won't profit from this stuff, whaddya think? also, as my post 39 above specified, y'all are Sposed to list the srps of wanted items if you know them, to help me figure out what to charge for this stuff :)
vt

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
I think I asked for posters and Ephant mon, I dont know the price of the posters or the Ephant Mon, retial price of ephant was 5 bucks, posters??????

Warstar
06-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks, VT :stupid: Please keep me posted :)

sergiurusu
07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Talked to VT by email and he told me to post my wants here. I feel so sorry for this tragic loss, since I would have preferred to talk to Marilyn more than having any of these items ever in my collection.

Action Fleet & MM:
Alpha Cloud Car
Ep.1 Generator Core Duel miniscene
Ep.1 Darth Maul/Theed Generator Playset
Ep.1 Gungan Sub/Otoh Gunga Inside Playset
Ep.1 Trade Federation MTT/Naboo Battlefield Playset Theed Palace Assault
Ep.1 Theed Palace Assault playset
Ep.1 Galactic Dogfight
Ep.1 Naboo Temple Ruins
Ep.1 Theed Rapids
Ep.1 Tatooine Desert

Various:
Star Wars stickers
Star Wars keychains
Lightsabers (Hasbro, Rubies, MR etc)
Technical Journals, and other SW magazines
SW caps/hats

vulcantouch
07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
kh: "retial price of ephant was"
-yeah i know, most figure prices are easy, it's all the Misc stuff that's hard to "figure" ;)
ATTENTION ALL "LEGACY INHERITORS": PHASE ONE IS IMMINENT
just chatted w/mike; he just got back, so we're plannin on gettin me down there over this weekend. i'll check on what's been asked about and try to report in here from there saturday nite to let y'all know what's available as necessary (such as specific listings for kh's general poster wants). i'd suggest kh and others in his situation try to check in here around that time to let me know what of any reported items they might want, as my plan is to bring up asked-for stuff so i can take my time packaging & prepping them for safe shipping to each of you. (whatever has not been specifically named as a want by the time i leave will have to wait till the next time i get down there, whenever that might be.)
on that note: in addition to specifying any srps you may know, plz also say which if any items you care about being preserved in mint-package condition and which, if any, you care mostly about the content. this will determine how much protection i afford a given item in a shipment, which in turn usually affects shipping cost (more protection = bigger package = heavier shipping weight). as always i strive for efficiency, but to maximize that i still need to know yall's priorities :greedy:
vt

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 01:37 AM
I usually check in a little after midnight, when I get home from work. That is EST, so like 10pm for you guys.

Bobby Fett
07-07-2005, 11:35 PM
VT,

Sorry for the procrastination, but here are the prices you requested:

Miscellaneous Items
none 1978 Holiday Special (charge whatever you think is fair)
$2.99 Action Masters Darth Vader*
$2.99 Action Masters Stormtrooper*
$3.00 Bend’Ems Boba Fett (any and all variations)***
$3.00 Bend’Ems Darth Vader (any and all variations)***
$3.00 Bend’Ems Emperor’s Royal Guard (any and all variations)***
$3.00 Bend’Ems Stormtrooper (any and all variations)***
$90.00 Cinemacast Darth Vader***
$19.99 Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer**

Carded Action Figures
$6.99 Animated Clone Wars Clone Troopers (any and all variations)**
$4.99 Clone Wars Clone Troopers (any and all variations)**
$6.99 Episode I Battle Droids (any and all variations)**
$6.99 Episode I Destroyer Droids (any and all variations)**

* Prices from the old SSG database
** Prices from Rebelscum web page
*** Prices from Star Wars Collector’s Bible web page

I would like everything packed to preserve the packaging.

Say “Hi” to Mike and thanks for everything.

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Boby Fett,

VT should pay you for taking the Holiday special.

Bobby Fett
07-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Boby Fett,

VT should pay you for taking the Holiday special.

Go ahead and laugh. Remember when Lucas said he'd use a hammer to break every copy if he could? Well, he's hired me to do just that. So HaHa! ;)

vulcantouch
07-12-2005, 12:55 AM
. . .mike's doin pretty good, sez hi to everyone here. b'jr dropped me off there saturday ~noon, and took back a carful of stuff for himself- don't worry, nothing yall've axed for, i made sure of that ;) i pulled an all-niter (kept too busy to report in here satnite like i intended) & got back sunday ~sunset w/another carful of stuff for y'all. quik general notes:

>most posters were pretty inaccessible for now kh, so hope you won't mind waiting for promised report. some are mounted, some rolled- lmk if interested in either/both formats :)
>didn't deal much w/figs or any trek stuff this time, tho she has Plenty of both.
>since making space to work in was a priority, and since afs are big, were relatively easy to get at & asked about a lot here, it's a category in which i was able to cover significant ground for y'all, tho i'm not yet done w/it.
>aint; had a chance to check if if following are listed on her site but, some of the things foremost on my mind (cuz i ended up dealing with them mostly cuz they were on the "outer layers" of the archives) are:
-Lotta magazines w/sw &/or trek articles in em including lee's toy review, tomart's, toyfare, wizard, collect, sw galaxy collector, starburst, science fiction age, sci fi entertainment sci fi, cinefantastique, american cinematographer, cinescape, cinefex, sfx, starlog, mad/cracked parodies, total film, premiere, empire, entertainment weekly, time, rolling stone, popular mechanics, utne reader, redbook, good housekeeping, ladies' home journal (the last three mostly articles about how hunkahunky hford is ;)) etc etc etc so if you seek it, ask about it- mike & co were gonna throw all these out so they could be yours for shipping cost :)
-lotsa comix
-lotsa books such as eu novels, juvenile-aimed novels, kid's books, chiang's metal-boxed folio,
-lotta popcans, popcorn tins & fastfood premiums incl. canadian xclusives
-lotta ceramic headcups & applause figurines, big & small
-pillows & related stuff (would make great packing material) ;)

bobbyf: "Sorry for the procrast"
-no biggie, those are all helpful, thanx :) roger package preserve for you, and feel free to post a coupla linx to the masterpages of those 3 places you got the prices from :)

"Lucas said he'd use a hammer"
-maybe he beat me to it; last time i was there (feb) i recall seeing it but it's missing, for the moment anyway. i ain't given up on it, i'll lyk :)
next trip down there won't be for at Least another 3 weeks, so everyone thinka some more stuff u want :D
vt

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
VT, patience is good seeing how right now main priority for me is getting the kids school supllies and such, so it works for me. Perfer rolled right now, but LMK about the mounted ones as well.

Bobby Fett
07-13-2005, 11:58 PM
VT,

Here are the links you requested:

SSG old database: http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=lines&sdomid=5&smfglicid=1

Rebelscum database: http://www.rebelscum.com/archives.asp

Star Wars Collectors Bible: http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/index.html

I hesitate to volunteer, but since I've retired I have some free time to help you or anyone else (except Kidhuman) wanting some of Marilyn's stuff find retail prices, if you want.

Finally, as to the "missing" Holiday Special. I smell conspiracy. I think KH, who publicly derides the Special, secretly lusts after it with all his heart. I think he PM'ed you, and the two of you have conspired to deny me my one wish. Missing Holiday Special my eye. lol

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes, I cant live without Bea Arthur

Slicker
07-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Yes, I cant live without Bea ArthurIf you've never seen it, then yes you can. There's not enough soap in the world to scrub my eyes after seeing that thing...but I wouldn't give up that viewing for the world.:D

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I have seen it, I actually dl'd it a few years back and watched it. I deleted it ASAP when I was done with it. I wanted those 30 minutes of my life back, but they are gone.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
VT, if there are any unclaimed Star Wars related fast-food related merchandise or even food merchandise in general, I'll take whatever is left.

Marylin was the information master when it came to cereal toy lightsaber pens or Chef Boyardee giveaways, and I always took a little interest in those odd food items as well. Let me know what I owe you or need to give you in return.

Thanks.

britcit3
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey VT

I put off asking for anything from this collection for a variety of reasons, but if they haven't been claimed can you secure me Marilyns Die Cast Death Star & Die Cast AAT (Trade Fed Tank).

Can't bag these on Ebay at reasonable prices and I did send Marilyn stuff as a freebee in the past.

Cheers

BC3

sergiurusu
07-17-2005, 05:26 AM
VT told me to add here the action figures list of wants, too:

ARC Trooper Red
Green Clone
Blue Clone
Yellow Clone
AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver
Imperial Guard
Rebel with Cannon
Obi Wan Old Jedi Knight
Admiral Ackbar
Barriss Offee
OOM 9
Security Battle Droid
Spider Droid
Gen. Grievous
BARC Speeder
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Kyle Katarn
Space Trooper

I'm not really an action figs collector, but I'd like to have some of these items. But everything is related to costs since I'm from Eastern Europe and my salary is not that big, alas. So between Action Fleet/MicroMachines and action figs I'll go with Action Fleet/MicroMachines any day. :)

Again all my thanks to Marilyn, her pure soul is watching over us

Bobby Fett
07-17-2005, 09:27 AM
If they are available, and haven't been spoken for, could I add the following to my list?

$9.99 POTF2 Snowtrooper Millennium Minted Coin
$19.99 POTF2 12" Sandtrooper
$19.99 POTF2 12" TIE Fighter Pilot
$19.99 E1 12" Battle Droid - clean version
$19.99 POTJ 12" Death Star Trooper
$19.99 Saga 12" AT-ST Driver
$19.99 Saga 12" Biker Scout
$19.99 Saga 12" Super Battle Droid

All prices are from Rebelscum.

Thanks

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 10:58 AM
VT told me to add here the action figures list of wants, too:

ARC Trooper Red
Green Clone
Blue Clone
Yellow Clone
Obi Wan Old Jedi Knight
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Kyle Katarn
Space Trooper

I would like to lay claim to the follwing listed above if unclaimed.

kransky
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
vulcantouch asked me to post my wants here

E-wing

Tie Defender

Royal Starship

Sith Infiltrator

Trade Federation Tank

Trade Federation Droid Control Ship

Thanks

britcit3
07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey Kransky

Did you know Marilyn or ever have any dealings with her?

It's just that you are asking for some pretty serious stuff and you have only made 2 posts.

No offence meant.

BC3

vulcantouch
07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
post-phaze1 individual replies:

bc3: "Die Cast Death Star & Die Cast AAT"
-roger that, iirc there's at least one of each :)

"did send Marilyn stuff as a freebee in the past"
-in that case, sounds like maybe you should get these for just shipping cost eh? :) meanwhile relax, kran's just listin his wants like i advised him to- which is more than some of you Regulars here have yet to do for me ;p besides most of the seriosos he's axin aboot have already been claimed by others. but as i've said, anyone can axe for anything. making this an exclusionary clique'd run contrary to the spirit we're aiming for here. given the sheer volume of stuff we're dealin with, a pledge to never resell these items at a profit (as per my ethical definition (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=17869)) is all i can realistically require from a non-regular. (not that said requirement is toothless; you'd be surprised at whattan all-knowing ***** karma can be :evil: ) as for "deserve", god (aka ME) will sort all that out- Behold ;)

gsj: she had both a numbered af awing and a #d dvtie; it's the latter you want sent to jt, right? so anyone got any ideas where the numbered awing should go? ;) meanwhile dt7's got dibs on the 3-buttom atat (see reply to him below) :)

jt: found & brought you back esb hothglobe; happen to have an srp for it? also got you that pre-release novel w/$0.75 pricetag on it, so shall we assume that's its price? :) haven't yet located hallmark r2orn or falconorn, will lyk if/when i do :)

dt7: ain't dealt w/battlepacks yet, will lyk; haven't located any mm/af protos or testshots besides the atst mm jg has claimed- does her site say she had any others in particular? matt beat you to the tie-d, but even tho gsj inquired about getting the 3-button atat for swaffy or bc3, neither has confirmed interest in same, so since you were the 1st to ask you get that too :)

thrawn: "12 inch starting with Garindan wave. Cartoony figures. OTC figures. Don't know if she has those SS/LT Luke & Ben from 1995"
-can you elaborate which ones those would be? also, to my knowledge she never got startours series 3 (had gone to hawaii by then at which point her collecting mostly halted). i'll keep eye out for starspeeder tho :)
ain't seen you round here for awhile but since you were the 1st to axe about em, you got dibs on silver boba & silver clone; if you readin this, lmk if interested :)

jaysp & bfrett: the riddell helmets she has o-o-p (packaging not yet located, but it's around) are stormy, dv ($95 srp cited in Insider) and rebpilot ($80 cited srp). still unopened are 3po ($70 cited) and boba (which i recall went for $80 when i ebay-bagged mine for $30-somthing). both of you asked for stormy & rebpilot but as i said, jayspawn asked first so he gets 1st dibs; lmk if you want all five, jay :) meanwhile, if it helps anything she had an xtra of both boba & 3po riddells, both o-o-p but again packaging is somwhere :)

lbc: "Star Wars related fast-food related merchandise or even food merchandise in general"
-there's plenty; everything from pepsicans to cereal to canadian fastfood items to probably that other crap you mentioned too ;) feel free to lmk if you have specific wants/nonwants, as i may not always know a "food-related item" on sight; otherwise i'll take time going over & lyk what there is :)

de22: "Rawcliff C3PO / Ewoks X-mas ornament. . . cardboard destroyer or battle droids, if they can be folded up"
-do you mean Carded? either way, i dunno if she had any loose battledroids but i'm sure she had plenty carded, lmk if interested :) also plz link to image of rawcliff orns if you can find, thanx :) ain't yet dug up yodanitelite, but does dee's website indicate she had 3po & chewy cookie jars? so far only ones i spotted were boba & jabba. lmk if any interest in last 2, in case i can't find 1st 2 :)

cae: are Plush the same as SW Buddies? meanwhile found & brought back 4u aotc snowglobe, 12" jawa, yoda, r5d4 and ackbar; plz lmk if you can recall est. srp for any/all :) ain't yet found action masters if you still seek any of those.

bobbyf: ditto mssg to cae re actionmasters & bendems; her cf ssd has been removed from box but it's still complete w/packaging and in perfect shape; were you seeking a sealed one, or will this one do? :) she had plenty of carded clones, droidekas & battledroids (since his inquiry was posted first, let's wait & hear how de22 replies re those bds, then go from there) :) ) cinecast vader's also o-o-p, it'll likely take me a while to locate packaging (she kept packaging to opened stuff Behind Everything Else), lmk if that's ok. in thumbin thru dee's mags i ran across ads for it at ~$200 (5 e-z payments of $39 + $9 shipping). i'm willing to hear arguments supporting the $99 price here if you have any to offer :) meanwhile thanx for srp citations & roger to your latest wants, i'm sure she has most or all of what you seek :)

matt: found & brought back 4u af virago i got her for $3, tie-d, ewing, sebulpod & sithinf, all of which iirc you were the first to ask for; ain't got at battlepax yet but i'm sure we'll be able to supply you w/all you seek :) and did you Mean it when you said i could have ewing's r7? just wanna confirm one last time b4 i extract it :)

jg: "MM multi-packs to keep unopened"
-by this do you mean ship sets other than 3-packs? ship/figure mixed sets, either boxed or on cardbacks? lmk :)
ain't dealt w/any battlepacks, sw/st mm 3-pax or fig collections yet; when you get a chance lmk if any in particular you do/don't seek :) found & brought back for you proto atst mm ($95 as i recall) and epic collections 4-6, all of which have been unsealed but are complete & in perfect shape. i recall her telling me she got all 3 for like $10 on ebay; if you can find citation of the bargain price on her website, that'll be the price You pay too :) meanwhile my compliments on your tasteful choices :cool: btw, confirming zaap 2-pack- it's there, & you asked first :)

rj: found & brought back 4u af sithinf, royal and alfa n1; does her site say she had af nevakee pod? ain't spotted That yet, thought it only reached testshot stage anyway.

ltb: "Micromachine head playsets"
any particular ones, or just Any of them? lmk :)

"Some though I don't have at all so loose or packaged"
-which means you might want doubles of some things? if so lmk which, might be able to fill that bill too :)
offhand i don't think anything on your list should be a problem, aside from the ultras (not sure she got them), a couple of the 3-pak clone colors and and max/doda 2-pak (which is available, but without doda's horn as specified in my march 1 post above; lmk if interested, in case she didn't have doubles of this) but since there's so much (BLESS you my child :kiss: ) i ain't yet dealt with most of it. i also ain't brought much of it back since i'm still hopin youmight someday make a trip to get it all ;) meanwhile did find str4m9, dlx2, other 2 max rebo sets, and of course am also holding ent-a mm for you :) i can also confirm there are indeed some cw 3-pax, durge w/bike and jabbaglob :rolleyes:

serg: roger priorities, ain't yet dug out the stuff you inquired about but aside from blue & green clone which to my knowledge she never had, i imagine we'll be able to get you everything :) re "Star Wars stickers, keychains, Lightsabers (Hasbro, Rubies, MR etc), Technical Journals, other SW magazines" i'm sure there's plenty of that stuff; lmk if there's any in particular you do & don't seek, otherwise i'll just take my time diggin & report to you what i find :) re magazines, see my previous post above and end of this post below :)

kh: "would like to lay claim to the follwing listed above if unclaimed"
-roger that, if serg decides he can't afford then they go to you; howver iirc she had doubles of some of them, so either way you'd get :) meanwhile, as march 1 post indicated above my tokyo pal previously claimed sacul, but not tf vader; still tryin to locate you the latter, i'm sure she had one. meanwhile got you ephant, and a folded 20th-anniv rotj poster came in an '03 sw insider mag i brought back to look thru; want it? i don't :) i also found, in another Insider, a post-AOTC map of the sw galaxy which you Can't have cuz i'm keepin it :evil:

sicq: "Action Fleet JC Penney Remote AT-AT"
-is this the 2-button or 3-button? the 3-button has been claimed but as i recall she had Two 2-button ones; lmk :)

s43: following are the available af fighters one, as you put it, might want multiples of (which i'm assuming excludes things like dv tie since there was only one in the flix- lmk if that assumption's wrong), lmk which you'll want :)
boxed (note to all: i gather s43 seeks openers so if any of you seek any of the specific packagings below, ask he & i about it):
6 tiebombers; 1 is $4
4 ties; 1 is $6
3 bwings
6 awings- 3 green, 1 is $6; 3 red, 2 w/silver logo; red w/gold logo is $6
4 tie-ints, 1 w/silver logo
11 xwings- 2 wedge, 2 silver-logo luke, 5 gold-logo luke- 1 of those w/"closed windows"; 1 porkins
8 ywings- 4 gold leader, 2 of those w/silver logo; 3 rebpilots, 1 is $4 and 1 is $6; 1 blue leader
loose:
5 xwings, 1 tie-b, 1 tie-int, various flight controller ones

still sorting out who-asked-first issue re several afs more than one of you want such as e1 alphas etc; will let y'all know asap :)
from those of you i haven't dealt with before (or those i have without spotless records like ws, bc3 & s43) i'll require a lifelong pledge that you'll abide my ethics re future dispensation of these items, which basically means that if you ever sell them, you'll do so for no more than you'll pay for them here. also, you'll require the buyer to make you a similar pledge, and so on. understood? :)
both so mike may continue consulting this thred as a record of what's going where, and to inpsire more desire in y'all, here's a list of what b'jr picked out & brought back for himself:
giant 5' long hanging n1 promo item dee won in raffle for $100 (so that's wot b'jr pays- Jelliss??? :evil: )
o-o-p figure-scale atst
o-o-p af cloudcar
12" speederbike w/scouttroop
figure-scale acklay
alfa cloudcar
fig-scale anaspeeder
fig-scale zamspeeder
2x af flashspeeder all you af collectors here hate :p
4x af n1
3x af cloudcar
2x af repcruiser
af mtt marked $4
af aat marked $7.27
4x dc queenship, one marked $2
5x dc giansp, one marked $4, one $2, 1 $1.49
2x podracer pack #4
2x ep1 mm pack #8
2x ep1 mmpak #3, one marked $0.97
2x snapfast repcruiser
2x snapfast tf lander
n1 mm singlepak
9" applause emperor fig
9" applause tiepilot fig
snapfast n1
cf isd marked $12
fig-scale tie bomber
items he's also interested in but i wanted to check 1st to see if anyone here wants:
sttng engineering playset
playmates ent-b
40-pc tru swmm master collection
fig-scale queenship w/red r2
af & fig-scale green a-wings
af acclimator
af marsguo pod
af tf lander
af tfdcs
af atte
af gunship
af e2 slave1
mega action droideka
2-button atats
foreign-packaged battlepacks, afs, byp podrace set
mcq sketchtrooper
e1 mm pax #s 11 & 12
no-emblem green awing
rogue2 snowspeeder
silver r2
1st edition ep1 galoob mms
and personally i might like to get a look at the galactic senate mm set out of the box, both to see if the landing platform might make a good mm stand, and if the senate pod would make a good mm ship :cool:
other available mags not mentioned in prev post: SW Kids, Go Figure, SciFi Invasion, Dreamwatch and var. vidgame mags. also brought back for myself many backissues of SciFi Universe, starlog's Voyager mags and SW Insider and ST Communicator to take my time lookin thru. i assume jt will want most of the Comm mags but if anyone might want any of the rest say so. as jt can attest, i typically cut out & save a page or pic here & there but leave the rest intact for anyone interested :)
vt

RJarvis
07-29-2005, 12:15 PM
rj: found & brought back 4u af sithinf, royal and alfa n1; does her site say she had af nevakee pod? ain't spotted That yet, thought it was only reached testshot stage anyway.

outstanding!!! :D ...and again, if she has dupes, and someone wants one that's still mib, i'm certainly fine with items that are already open...i remain a believer that toys are meant to be opened and played with (even if it is ever so gently) and speaking of dupes, if there are dupes of the alfa n1, i'd be interested...

as for the nevapod, i don't think her site says anything about it...just something in the back of my badly addled brain told me she had one...if not, that's no sweat...

i did notice in your list above that there's an e2 gunship still "available"...count me in for that too...

lemme know what the total on the other three is and i'll get $ sent your way...

and thanks again...you never cease to amaze... :kiss:

rj

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
lbc: "Star Wars related fast-food related merchandise or even food merchandise in general"
-there's plenty; everything from pepsicans to cereal to canadian fastfood items to probably that other crap you mentioned too ;) feel free to lmk if you have specific wants/nonwants, as i may not always know a "food-related item" on sight; otherwise i'll take time going over & lyk what there is :)
vt

I assume Marylin had a lot because of her infinite knowledge of the food related items. I'll focus particularly on the canadian fastfood premiums (were they the mms from the late 90's?) and any Episode 1 Fast Food or cereal collectables.

BTW, a general note to all. I was shopping at my local supermarket and stumbled upon some Diecast Star Trek ships made by the company Johnny Lightning. I don't know how rare they are and my guess is at $9.99 they are overpriced (same price as the Episode III figures they had), but if anyone wants them, I will grab them for you. They had plenty to choose from.

bobafrett
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Vulcantouchjaysp & bfrett: the riddell helmets she has o-o-p (packaging not yet located, but it's around) are stormy, dv ($95 srp cited in Insider) and rebpilot ($80 cited srp). still unopened are 3po ($70 cited) and boba (which i recall went for $80 when i ebay-bagged mine for $30-somthing). both of you asked for stormy & rebpilot but as i said, jayspawn asked first so he gets 1st dibs; lmk if you want all five, jay meanwhile, if it helps anything she had an xtra of both boba & 3po riddells, both o-o-p but again packaging is somwhere

I just need the Rebel helmet, I really can't afford the whole set, I'm still paying on a GG Vader sculpture, so my money would only get me the Rebel helmet. If Jayspawn wants the whole set though, I have no problems with him getting it. I just regret not buying them many years ago when I saw them in a comic store in the Mall of America. :)

britcit3
07-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Cheers VT

As soon as you let me know shipping costs I will sort out getting the cash to you.

Nice one

BC3

2-1B
07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
cae: are Plush the same as SW Buddies? meanwhile found & brought back 4u aotc snowglobe, 12" jawa, yoda, r5d4 and ackbar; plz lmk if you can recall est. srp for any/all ain't yet found action masters if you still seek any of those.

Thanks for the update VT. As far as the plush go, the Jar Jar would be a SW buddy . . . the ewoks I mentioned are vintage plush and not SW buddies. Awesome, just awesome on that snowglobe, assuming JT doesn't want it before me ?

I will do the research on SRP this weekend, I'm going to be gone the next 2 days but will have some time on Sunday and will email you when I get more specifics.

From my memory, I'm not sure on the AOTC globe but it might have gone for around $40 ? If anyone knows for sure, I'd appreciate any info but will double check myself. I'm pretty confident that the SRP tag on the 12" Ackbar should be $20 but I'm not QUITE sure on the Yoda, R5, and Jawa . . . I BELIEVE they went for $10 but I want to double check that it wasn't actually $15. I'm thinking $10, though.

As for the Action Masters, yes I would still be interested but please take note that I will gladly defer to Bobby F on those if he wants them when you find them.

So yeah, I'll definitely take those pieces you listed and will email you with specifics.

A general question, how are we paying for this ? Do you have a PayPal account or shall we send checks/money orders ? Expect an email around Sunday morning or maybe late Saturday night.

Bobby Fett
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
bobbyf: ditto mssg to cae re actionmasters & bendems; her cf ssd has been removed from box but it's still complete w/packaging and in perfect shape; were you seeking a sealed one, or will this one do? :) she had plenty of carded clones, droidekas & battledroids (since his inquiry was posted first, let's wait & hear how de22 replies re those bds, then go from there) :) ) cinecast vader's also o-o-p, it'll likely take me a while to locate packaging (she kept packaging to opened stuff Behind Everything Else), lmk if that's ok. in thumbin thru dee's mags i ran across ads for it at ~$200 (5 e-z payments of $39 + $9 shipping). i'm willing to hear arguments supporting the $99 price here if you have any to offer :) meanwhile thanx for srp citations & roger to your latest wants, i'm sure she has most or all of what you seek :)vt

Thanks VT,

1. That cf ssd will be terrific.
2. Re the carded clones, droidekas & battledroids: I collect variations, so if it's not too much trouble I'm wanting them with different .0000 numbers on the back, etc. If it's too much trouble to sort thru them, just send them all! :D
3. Opened Cinemacast Vader is fine. Considering the nature of the sale, I'm not going to quibble at $99 vs $210. I'll gladly pay the $210. :)

Thanks again.

Bobby Fett
07-29-2005, 03:58 PM
As for the Action Masters, yes I would still be interested but please take note that I will gladly defer to Bobby F on those if he wants them when you find them.

The Action Masters are a pretty low priority for me, so if you want them, they're all yours. :)

RJarvis
07-29-2005, 04:16 PM
if nobody's snagged it yet (them), i'd be very interested in the master replicas force fx light saber(s)...the ones that actually look like they're lighting up and have the metal hilts...the ones i missed while they were on sale recently at best buy...did you by chance run across anything like that?

thanks...

rj

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I definitely would want the sttng engineering playset and playmates ent-b.

As for your question of the SRP of the Hoth Snowglobe, I will track it down, I think it says on Marilyn's site. I don't know if that's the price of the book, I vaguely remember her saying that she paid like $5 for it or something, and the pricetag was from the previous owner when he or she bought it back in the day.

Thrawn is still interested, I'm sure, but doesn't actively read the forums so I'll have to let him know.

just awesome on that snowglobe, assuming JT doesn't want it before me ? It's not that I don't want it, it's that I couldn't afford it. :p I think the globe went for $30, check Marilyn's site it might say there (I have to do the same with the ESB one I asked about). Not to be the party pooper, but those 12"-scale Yoda & such were $13 each, which is why they didn't sell well. Oh, and there are other plush Jar Jar so check Marilyn's site in case she has more than 1 kind.

- - -

BTW, a general note to all. I was shopping at my local supermarket and stumbled upon some Diecast Star Trek ships made by the company Johnny Lightning. I don't know how rare they are and my guess is at $9.99 they are overpriced (same price as the Episode III figures they had), but if anyone wants them, I will grab them for you. They had plenty to choose from. That's double their original price, and the ships aren't actually die-cast, JL got sleazy and shot them in plastic, so only the stands are metal. Were these in blue or red packaging? The blue ones are wave 1, the red are wave 2.

Awesome, just awesome on that snowglobe, assuming JT doesn't want it before me ?

Kidhuman
07-29-2005, 05:14 PM
-roger that, if serg decides he can't afford then they go to you; howver iirc she had doubles of some of them, so either way you'd get meanwhile, as march 1 post indicated above my tokyo pal previously claimed sacul, but not tf vader; still tryin to locate you the latter, i'm sure she had one. meanwhile got you ephant, and a folded 20th-anniv rotj poster came in an '03 sw insider mag i brought back to look thru; want it? i don't i also found, in another Insider, a post-AOTC map of the sw galaxy which you Can't have cuz i'm keepin it

Sure I will take the insider posters that you dont keep. That map sounds interesting though. WHat issue is it in? I will scope ebay for it possibly

LMK when you get everything to gether and all.

Slicker
07-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I have a quick question for ya VT. Did Marilyn by chance have any vintage items such as carded figures?

2-1B
07-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Bobby Fett - thanks for the deferral to me, just wanted to open it up to you in case you really wanted them. :)

JediTricks - I checked her site and she has the AOTC globe listed at 39.99 so I was right about that one, and as for your Hoth globe I could not find a price listed on her site. Let me know when you find out, I'm just curious what FAO sold that for. Believe me, the AOTC globe will be well enjoyed by me, I'm sitting here now wondering why I didn't buy it in the first place. I think if I had seen it in stores I would have scooped it up but I don't think I ever did. As for the 12" scale Yoda, et. al, thanks for the tip and I will double check the $13 price but I'm fine with it either way because I was thinking 10-15 so 13 is a good inbetween. :)

VulcanTouch, I thought of something else I would LOVE to buy, and that is this AOTC wall clock (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/necaaotcclockAut_6792_5fb.jpg) for 19.99. If you happen to come across that in your searches, I will take it immediately. :)

As to which Jar Jar plush I'm looking for, it's the small version as seen in this group shot (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/applauseepisode1buddiesebaypic.JPG)

vulcantouch
07-30-2005, 12:27 PM
-checks, cash, mo; i prefer to avoid paypal since they take an unearned cut y'all would have to make up for. told mike i could have you send $$ to him & he could reimburse me for shipping later but he prefers you send $$ to me & then i pay him after deducting for shipping. in any case we're still a ways off from sending so patience everybody :zzz:

"If you happen to come across that"
-if she had a pic on her site i'm guessing she owned it :)

"JT doesn't want it before me"
-so what if he did, you axed first :evil: roger plush/buddy distinction, will lyk :)

cae: "will gladly defer to Bobby F"
bobbyf: "if you want them"
cae: "thanks for the deferral"
-when you two get done playin footsies lemme know what was decided ;)

bobbyf: "not going to quibble"
-feel free to quibble, i don't mind; a bargain's a bargain after all ;)

"if it's not too much trouble"
-("the trouble with quibbles" :crazed: ) not if you don't mind waiting for me to educate myself on such minutae (feel free to tutor me) :) besides:

"hesitate to volunteer, but"
-hear that everyone? bobbyf's graciously volunteered to find prices for you! so direct inquiries his way if you need help, but try to go easy on My Assistant ;)

rj: "fine with items that are already open"
-appreciate the flexibility; too bad none of your requests happen to be present in o-o-p form. but if someone here had o-o-p and wanted mip, you two could arrange something here? :)

"toys are meant to be opened and played with"
-my similar philosophy is they're meant to be opened & looked at, and i do it a Lot; but in truth i hardly ever actually Play with mine ;)

"run across anything like that?"
-don't recall offhand but i'll check :)

"lemme know what the total"
-if you can locate/happen to recall srp for your wants that'd help :) no hurry, actual shipping will take a while- tho since finding your wants was relatively easy your pkg should be among the 1st to go out :) meanwhile roger gunship; too bad for b'jr :evil:

"if there are dupes of the alfa n1"
there are dupes but you was too slow i'm afraid, they've both already been claimed a couple times over :p

lbc: "cereal collectables"
-i assume just the enclosures, as opposed to whole boxes of cereal? lmk :p

"They had plenty"
-not surprising, since srp's sposed to be $4 ;)

bfrett: "just need the Rebel helmet"
-so noted, but money's something we can work with :)

bc3: "Nice one"
-refer to anything in particular? :)

kh: "WHat issue is it in?"
-looks like it's this one (http://paizo.com/store/brand/starWars/starWarsInsider/v5748btpy72yo), but feel free to hold off in case dee had doubles (she occasionally did, even for mags; i'm telling y'all, she was a ca-Razy woman ;) )

slick: "any vintage items"
-some, not tons; feel free to list specific wants :) most vint figs she had were o-o-p but i'll keep eye out :)

jt: "engineering playset and playmates ent-b"
-figured you'd want latter, surprised by former; too bad for b'jr :evil: lmk approx srp plz.

"remember her saying that she paid like $5"
-then if you can verify, that's wot you pay too :)

"12"-scale Yoda & such were $13 each"
-so noted, thanx :)

"JL got sleazy and shot them in plastic"
-oh, you and your ridiculous pro-metal bias; the jls are way better-done in plastic (and cheeper too) then they ever coulda been in dc :p

"doesn't actively read the forums"
-hear that everyone? you might have a shot at thrawn's wants if you respond b4 he confirms :evil: btw make sure to advise him to read prev replies to him here in case he missed :)
vt

Kidhuman
07-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Will hold off. As long as I know the issue and they will sell it on their site, I can get it there.

Slicker
07-30-2005, 02:18 PM
VT, as I said if she had any carded vintage figures I'd be interested and even if she had any open ones I'd like to see a list if possible.:)

As many have stated before you're doing a good thing here VT and let it be known that I feel really bad asking for anything from Marilyn's collection as I never interacted with her personally and therefore feel I don't deserve anything.

britcit3
07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
"nice one" as in general british chav "thank you" - watch any guy ritchie fillum (normally say cheers!)

bc3

matthewilw
07-30-2005, 11:11 PM

matt: found & brought back 4u af virago i got her for $3, tie-d, ewing, sebulpod & sithinf, all of which iirc you were the first to ask for; ain't got at battlepax yet but i'm sure we'll be able to supply you w/all you seek :) and did you Mean it when you said i could have ewing's r7? just wanna confirm one last time b4 i extract it :)

The R7 is yours, take it. All I want is the ship(which I've been trying to find at a decent price for what, 7 years now?). You can even keep the box if you want it. Also, I'm not sure if anyone has asked for this or not, but I don't recall anyone doing so. But if she had/has an Aliens Narcissus action fleet, I would love that. I never even knew these existed until several years after they went out of production. Oh well. You snooze, you lose I guess.

VT, I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this. It amazes me how much time and effort you have put into such a long project. Thank you. Anyway, just let me know how much I owe and I can send pretty much in whatever form you prefer within a few days.

Bobby Fett
07-30-2005, 11:51 PM
“My Assistant” - I like the sound of that!

I don’t know if we’ve finished playing footsie yet, but Caesar and I have agreed that he will get custody of the Action Masters. :cry:

Bobby Fett
07-31-2005, 12:03 AM
To try and keep things simple, I am starting a new thread in the Micro Machines section with pricing information. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=418818#post418818
Continue posting your “wants” in this thread, and refer to the pricing thread if you need to know the original retail price.

Bobby Fett
07-31-2005, 10:33 AM
VT,

Here is an attempt to provide the information you requested concerning Battle Droid, Droideka and Clone Trooper variations I am looking for. If it’s too much trouble to check for these, send them all and I’ll put any I don’t need in a charity auction.

EPISODE 1 BATTLE DROIDS (Some, most or all of these are also available with a sticker on the card front that says, “Look for the Video...” )

.00; Clean Droid; Large Face Photo
.00; Dirty Droid, Large Face Photo, Black Outline around Face Photo
.00; Dirty, Large Face Photo
.00; Shot Droid, Large Face Photo, Black Outline around Face Photo
.00; Shot, Large Face Photo
.00; Sliced Droid, Large Face Photo, Black Outline around Face Photo
.00; Wide Slice on Droid, Large Face Photo
.00; Thin Slice on Droid, Large Face Photo
.0100; Clean Droid
.0100; Dirty Droid
.0100; Shot Droid
.0100; Thick Slice on Droid
.0100; Thin Slice on Droid
.0200; Thick Slice on Droid

POWER OF THE JEDI BATTLE DROIDS (Typeset Error refers to the Jedi Force File. Look at the word “VITAL”. On the typeset error, the “V” and the “I” are connected at the top, and the “V” is printed a little lower than the rest of the word.)

Battle Droid - Boomer Damage
.0100; Typeset Error
.0300;Typeset Error
.0400;Typeset Error

Battle Droid - Security
.0100; Typeset Error
.0100; Typeset Error, Silver C-060A on Cardback
.0100; Silver C-060A on Cardback

EPISODE 1 DESTROYER DROIDS (Some, most or all of these are also available with a sticker on the card front that says, “Look for the Video...” )

Destroyer Droid
.0000; Small Stripes on Shoulder
.0000; Large Stripes on Shoulder

Destroyer Droid - Battle Damaged

SAGA CLONE TROOPERS:

4 Dots on Chest, None on Card, Curved Bubble
4 Dots on Chest, None on Card, Straight Bubble
4 Dots on Chest, 4 on Card, Curved Bubble
Bubble Holding Cannon Is Changed

Thanks again.

JediGoofy
08-01-2005, 09:10 AM
jg: "MM multi-packs to keep unopened"
-by this do you mean ship sets other than 3-packs? ship/figure mixed sets, either boxed or on cardbacks? lmk :)
ain't dealt w/any battlepacks, sw/st mm 3-pax or fig collections yet; when you get a chance lmk if any in particular you do/don't seek :) found & brought back for you proto atst mm ($95 as i recall) and epic collections 4-6, all of which have been unsealed but are complete & in perfect shape. i recall her telling me she got all 3 for like $10 on ebay; if you can find citation of the bargain price on her website, that'll be the price You pay too :) meanwhile my compliments on your tasteful choices :cool: btw, confirming zaap 2-pack- it's there, & you asked first :)

I am happy and honoured to be able to acquire something from Marilyn’s collection (which I browsed so many times on her site), moreover these items are really treasures for MM and AF collectors, but at the same time I am very sad. :( At least these items will get all the respect they deserve and will have a prominent place within my collection.

About the “MM multi-packs”, yes they are the ship/figure mixed sets which are listed in the “BOXED SETS” page (http://r2toyforce.net/boxed_mm.htm). In particular: the Target Rebel Forces Gift Set and Imperial Forces Gift Set (1st and 2nd edition), the K-Mart Galaxy Battle Collector’s Set (1st and 2nd edition), and the Toys ‘R’ Us Master Collector’s Edition (1st and 2nd edition). In the same page there are also other interesting sets: the X-Wing Starfighter/Boba Fett’s Slave I gold plated set and the theatre give-away with mini-MM, so if it is possible I would get those too. :)

There are also a couple of big MM playsets I do not have: the Death Star Double Takes Playset, and the Millennium Falcon Playset.

Marilyn’s collection is really amazing, there are so many things I am interested in. Better stop browsing. :)

By the way thank you again vt, for your Very Tough work! ;)
Ciao,
JediGoofy

Warstar
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
from those of you i haven't dealt with before (or those i have without spotless records like ws, bc3 & s43) i'll require a lifelong pledge that you'll abide my ethics re future dispensation of these items, which basically means that if you ever sell them, you'll do so for no more than you'll pay for them here. also, you'll require the buyer to make you a similar pledge, and so on. understood?

Consider this my affirmation/word- I give you my word, VT, that IF I ever sell anything from Marliyn's collection I may get, I will sell it for what I paid for it here and no more- if I ever sell it at all- as long as I live.

Considering that OOM-9 white-backed COMMTech chip variant- I'll never sell it...though I just started selling my Episode 1 figures this past weekend. Her OOM-9 will be the only one I'll have left in the end, as it should be.

I see by JT's posts he wants Trek stuff...I didn't know Marilyn had Trek stuff. She doesn't, by chance, have a Playmates Excelsior does she? (AKA Enterprise B with different paint and stickers)? If so and if it hasn't been claimed in pages past I would like to claim it. I have almost all of the old Playmates Trek ships and I am not selling them, and all I need are the Excelsior and the 'Tweener Klingon Bird of Prey (just after the Generations packaging) to complete the collection. I hear there's no difference in the toy Bird of Prey in the generic Trek packaging (not the Generations type) but I want it just in case :) Please let me know if she has the Excelsior or maybe even the 'Tweener boxed Klingon Bird of Prey.

As for anything else, hmm...I am collecting the Titanium ships, though I doubt she got any...if she has the Wave 1 X-Wing or the Wave 1 TIE Fighter for the Titaniums I would like to claim those (if anyone else reads this, I have a Wave 1 Titaniums Slave 1 and Falcon ((courtesy of Kidhuman :))) to trade for either of those 2 ships).

What else?

Hmmm...

Jorg Sacul? If he hasn't been claimed, would be nice, too...just because of the MM with him :D

Last but not least, the only other thing I have always wanted for Star Wars but never found would be a Freeze Frame Sandtrooper (Collection 3, 1997). I just want the slide, to be honest, as that would complete my Freeze Frame slide set. If she had the figure carded it'd be ok, too.

One more thing: The VHS video of "The Making of the Star Wars Trilogy: Special Edition," as seen here:

http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/vhsmakingofsetstitcheds_7s.jpg

I would like that, too, as I don't have it in my VHS collection.

Other than that I would be interested in any Laser Discs she may have had of the original 3 movies- preferably the CBS/Fox Ultimate Edition ones (before they were released as "THX'd").

Please let me know the costs (PM me or you know my old e-mail addy- it still works :))

Thanks VT! Remember my pledge up there- I will hold to it :)

Kidhuman
08-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Warstar, thanks for the good word.

Sacul has been claimed. I got dibs on it if it falls through then you. :D :beard:

Warstar
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Thank *you* for the great ships, KH.

Yeah, I kinda' figured Sacul was claimed. I was supposed to get one years ago but the guy swindled me. C'est la vie.

Otherwise, I'm trying to find traders for those last 2 ships in the Titaniums line but no luck so far. I don't really want to Ebay them but if I did, I would use the funds to Ebay the X-Wing and TIE, only the X-Wing is reaching prices into the $40+ range right now for some reason :(

Kidhuman
08-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Dang thats a lot of money for the X-Wing. I only saw a few, might have been short packed.

vulcantouch
08-04-2005, 12:50 AM
-that's a remark i usually get at nite ;)

"master replicas force fx light saber(s"
-feel free to post linx to info re these :)

bobbyf: "like the sound of that"
-trust me, not as much as I do :)

"starting a new thread"
-lotta takers so far eh? ;)

"sticker on the card front that says, 'Look for the Video...'"
-in that case would you seek one of each of these variants with and without sticker, if available?
also, when dee & i hit oen of the warehouse sales i got clean/dirty/shot/outline/wide-thin slice bd variants for someone online (jt?) but a fellow hunter showed me the diffs since i didn't know them offhand. that was ~5-6 years ago, so needless to say i could use a fresher; got any image linx? :)

"Silver C-060A"
-as tim "Ladies Man" meadows'd say, yeah, now What Is that? :p also plz detail "Curved/Straight Bubble" and "Bubble Holding Cannon Is Changed" :)

bc3: "watch any guy ritchie fillum"
-saw & enjoyed Swept Away, tho cuz of all this bizness i Still ain't had a chance to hump (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=2216&page=7) it (or dozens others) :p

lbc: "canadian fastfood premiums (were they the mms from the late 90's?"
-maybe, but if so i ain't recognized em yet, feel free to describe/link to images; the ones i recall seeing are a boxful of cup toppers :crazed:

slick: "doing a good thing here VT"
matt: "much time and effort"
jg: "Very Tough work"
-yeah, this is hard work- and scalpers deserve every penny of their profit ;p all i know is, if i'm gonna shoot my mouth off about collector ethics, when a big opportunity to further & demonstrate them falls into my lap i oughta be ready to take it on- even tho it might be a bit bigger than i'd like ;)

matt: "R7 is yours, take it"
-don't need to tell me thrice, thanx :) r7, comin soon to a fashpic near you courtesy matt :cool:

"keep (ewing) box if you want"
-i don't happen to; does anyone else?

"trying to find at a decent price for what, 7 years now"
-and now, yer wait's payin off; a sterling example of the "any deal can be consummated on your terms if you're aloof (patient) enough" :greedy: may everyone here be inspired by your tale :cool:

jg: "Better stop browsing"
-heck, as much as you've already picked out what diff would a few more items make at this point? so i say release your inner ferengi and Acquire :greedy: meanwhile roger add'l wants, shouldn't be a problem; you're an ideal customer; good taste, e-z to please and you want Lots :D

slick: "never interacted with her personally"
-bah, your pledge and your $$'s all the "deserve" that matters to me- and i think i knew her well enough to be sure she'd feel the same way :)

ws: "as long as I live"
-a clause that, despite its obvious loophole, i spose i can live with ;) now we just need others to follow yer lead ;) ain't really dealt w/trekstuff yet, ent-b & engset just happened to be out in open; majority of her trektoys are still stored in anonymous boxes, will lyk :) titaniums were after her time but i think she had laserdiscs so if mike don't want em they can be yours (i recall he & discussing that format but don't recall whether he was fond of it enough to want to keep em) :)

"X-Wing is reaching prices into the $40+ range"
-whaaa? that sucky-azz thing? :p

still awaiting reply/confirm posts from sicq, ltb, thrawn, de22 etc :)
vt