PDA

View Full Version : What do you still need?

evenflow
01-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Well I am hoping to try and get this section here going a little bit more, so what do you guys still need to complete your collection?

stillakid
01-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Oy, I'd need to dig through my lists, but I am still missing about 10 figures. Mostly the later POTF coin ones. But I'm not eager to dish out upwards of $50 bucks per for a loose semi-decent piece of plastic.

Apart from that, I'm missing some of the mini-rigs and just a couple of playsets.

I'd like to get ahold of all the EWOKS and DROIDS figures, but that'll come later on in life.

jedi_uk73
01-02-2005, 05:22 PM
All i'm after is a Palitoy logoed carded figure. Not fussed what figure though.

Was hoping to include one before I completed my carded set, but to no avail...

Hopefully pick one up soon.....money permitting, as they're not cheap.

vader121
01-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Figures
-Vinyl-Caped Jawa
-Carbonite for POTF Han

Vehicles
-Imperial Shuttle
-Rebel Transport
-Few mini rigs
-Ewok Glider
-A wing
-Skiff
-Ewok Battle Wagon

Playsets
-Jabba Dungeon

Cases
-Rifle case

Diecast
-Snowspeeder

akcuda
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Here's what I need:

Cantina Adventure Set
Land Of The Jawas
Ice Planet Hoth
Ewok Battle Wagon (I have the Robin Hood one for now)
Death Star Playset (cardboard)
Dagobah Playset
POTF Jabba Dungeon (tan)

I need some non-USA variants too.

I didn't like the cardboard playsets years ago, but now I think they're cool!

LusiferSam
01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Personally I consisted my vintage collection to be complete. But there are a few items I don't have that I could still get.

Vinyl cases: I have one of the ESB cases, but not the others

Mini-rigs: I have two from childhood and two more I just happen to pick up as part of a "Hoth" lot.

Display stands: There's a reason I don't own any to begin with.

Imperial Cruiser: The non electronic version of the Imperial Troop Transporter. i thought about getting this.

The POTF Jabba the Hutt Dungeon (tan version): If I could find a cheap complete one (but without any figures) I buy it, but until then.

Ewok Battle Wagon: I've thought about it, but its more an Ewoks item than a POTF one.

Droids stuff: I own one droid item, the A-Wing, but have no interested in the rest.

Ewoks figures: I remember like the this show better than Droids, but figures do nothing for me and I like Ewoks.

Foreign toys: I like to own a Payitoy Death Star, but finding one in good shape is hard and very expensive. I have a Yak Face and unless I go carded most of the stuff is the same any way.

Carded: All my stuff loose so I could started a carded collection (don't hold your breath).

Variations: I have one of each figure and no variations (for the most part), so I could start going after major variations.

Ji'dai
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I missed some of the POTF figs when they came out; I just couldn't afford to get them all back then. Barada, Imperial Dignitary, one or two of the Ewoks, etc.

I also need the EWOKS Animated Series figures; I sacrificed those in order to buy the the DROIDS figures.

Of course I don't have Vlix, Yak Face, or Blue Snag - hell I didn't even know the first two existed until relatively recently.

I have almost all the vehicles and playsets, except for ones I intentionally passed on back then, like some of the Mini-Rigs. I do need an ATL Interceptor from DROIDS, the Tauntaun with slit belly, and the Cantina playset though (I used to build one out of wooden blocks).

I'd like to have more of the MicroCollection sets although I think I have the complete Hoth, Bespin, and Death Star environments. I really need to repaint some of my die-cast figures though - does anyone know what kind of paint would be best for that?

stormie
01-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Sise Fromm from the DROIDS series. This one has been on my wanted list for a long, long time. Can't really afford one right now, but back when I could, whenever I saw one on eBay, it was carded...and I just can't bring myself to open a carded vintage.

I've got a few missing weapons too, but that's no biggie.

One could probably add Vlix to my list, but who am I kidding. ;)

evenflow
01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Ok well I guess I will give mine. For the most part I need some more variations:

Vlix
Green Snake Yoda
Luke Skywalker Red/orange colored hair
63rd POTF coin
Vinyl Caped Jawa (I have a loose one but have no idea if its legit or not)

Kidhuman
01-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I need some figures, mostly POTF line.

I need to get a Falcon, Shuttle, X-Wing, TIE, Landspeeder and some others. I have a speeder bike but would like a few more.

Playsets: Jabbas Throne and Dungeon, Hoth, Tatooine, Dagobah and the Cantina.

Fluke Skywalker
01-11-2005, 09:08 PM
What do I still need? A lot! My story is the same sad 'Mom threw it away.' one that most of us have. I had nearly everything from the original Kenner line, but sadly it's likely in a landfill somewhere. I got into collecting right after TPM came out. Since then, I have spread my resources between vintage items (SW, GI Joe, He-Man et.) and getting the new stuff at retail. This has made completing my vintage collection slow going. Also, I have bought a lot of SW related vintage stuff that is not action figure related (BK premium glasses, toy guns and lightsabers, cups et). After RotS comes out, it's full time vintage for me for about the next year.

LusiferSam
01-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I just realized that went I posted to this thread the other day I forgot about two things. I keep toting that I've completed my collection I my still looking for some items. First are instructions. I'm loosing any sleep over not having all the instructions, but I would like to have them. Second is one of the rear legs for the Tatooine Skiff. I have two vintage Skiff, one complete, one missing a leg. I've already found one of the rear legs and a fin so I know I'll find the other leg sometime.

evenflow
01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I also always wanted a MIB Skiff. I always loved the vintage artwork on the box.

Ji'dai
01-14-2005, 08:58 PM
I liked those planetary maps that Kenner inserted in the last vehicles they made (Ewok Battle Wagon, Skiff, A-Wing and probably the ATL Interceptor). There were three different maps I think. I got the Battle Wagon, Skiff, and A-Wing for christmas one year but ended up with just two of the three maps.

JON9000
01-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I am hoping to get a full set of vintage figs eventually. I only have eight complete fig so far. :cry:

Kidhuman
01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
I need some figures, mostly POTF line.

I need to get a Falcon, Shuttle, X-Wing, TIE, Landspeeder and some others. I have a speeder bike but would like a few more.

Playsets: Jabbas Throne and Dungeon, Hoth, Tatooine, Dagobah and the Cantina.

One down, a few more to go.

JON9000
02-01-2005, 05:38 PM
One down, a few more to go.
That means you have a vintage Death Star playset, the greatest playset ever! I have one, but it is missing the rope, the foam, and has four grey stilts that are all the same. One should be a little different, but I think most sets on the market at this point have been cobbled together from spare parts found elsewhere.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Forgot that one Jon, damn it, one step foward, one backwards.

Lazer Brain
02-02-2005, 01:27 PM
well, for the most part i have been collecting the modern lines since the red/green cards came out. then little over a year ago at a flea market some guy was selling his whole collection for $3 a figure , so i bought most of them.I did not realize that i got some of the dorids figures too (c3po,r2,and two others). but since then i have only collected vintage figures loose. and am missing:

yak face
awing pilot
lando general
imperial gunner
imperial dignitary
barada
luke stormtrooper
ev 9d9

and he even had some of these at the market that day , but i did not know they were that hard to find.but that is all i will collect from the vintage line ,unless i find it at the flea market agian .

General_Grievous
02-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I collect Vintage loose figures, and I started collecting Vintage in '98, so everything is a bit expensive. I only collect the SW, ESB, and ROTJ Vintage figs. I don't dare touch the expensive POTF figures. So far, I still need:

-Small Head Han Solo
-Rebel Soldier
-White Bespin Guard
-Rebel Commander
-C-3PO Removable Limbs
-R2-D2 w/ Sensorscope
-Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear
-AT-ST Driver
-B-Wing Pilot
-Paploo