PDA

View Full Version : Very Strange Find....

DarthQuack
01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I went to my local K-Mart and saw some of the Cantina's on clearance for 16.00, not too bad of a price, and I noticed that one of them had an odd figure packaged in with it. Instead of Zutton (I believe he was supposed to be in there) they had Prince Xizor.....It was so weird, he was packaged in perfectly!!! Has anyone seen anything like this at all????

Reefer Shark
01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I've seen that before. It's a special, limited edition exclusive... Only 50 were made!!! Hope you bought it!

.....J/K ;)

I actually have seen that, many times before. It's the work of some scumbag that wanted a blue snaggletooth but didn't want to pay for it. The thief bought the set, carefully swapped the figures, then returned it. Sadly, this happens all the time around here.

DarthQuack
01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me, didn't think of someone lowering themselves to being that pathetic.

Bacta Beast
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
The week before Christmas I found a freeze-frame AT-AT driver (fan-club exclusive), freeze-frame Ugnauhts, and a clean version POTJ Scout Trooper, all in star cases, at a local Wal-mart!
Obviously someone returned them, but I couldn't help but wonder how they got the store to accept them when I'm sure the computer couldn't recognize at least one of them. :ermm:

Reefer Shark
01-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Thieves can get away with that easily on the VOTC figures since the bar-code is on the insert (rather than the actual card back).

Probably about 99% of Customer Service employees don't even notice what the figures are. They're just star wars toys to them.

It's very sad, but people will take advantage wherever they can :rolleyes:

Kyle Katarn
01-03-2005, 07:53 PM
That's funny, I have also seen findings like that...why making that instead of selling the figure to a guy who really needs it.

Veers
01-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Someone switched it out! This happens alot. Using Prince Xizor, that is funny.

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 09:38 AM
That's funny, I have also seen findings like that...why making that instead of selling the figure to a guy who really needs it.

Because you can get 10 bucks as compared to three on Ebay for those figures.

ronhudy
01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I've seen this several times at a K-mart in my area as well. Sometimes I think the time and effort spent on repackaging something like that is more than what the figure is worth. I don't know...I guess some people are that desperate (pathetic).