PDA

View Full Version : The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - what a stupid name !

2-1B
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
What do you think ?

I think it's silly. :D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/angels/2005-01-03-name-change_x.htm

Slicker
01-03-2005, 10:34 PM
That is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. It makes no sense to me. What's next the Buffalo Bills of Albany.:rolleyes:

I get what they're trying to do and I don't really think it's necessary.

Rocketboy
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
That is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. It makes no sense to me. What's next the Buffalo Bills of Albany.:rolleyes:

I get what they're trying to do and I don't really think it's necessary.What about the Detroit Lions of Pontiac? :D

That whole thing is dumb.

Bobby Fett
01-04-2005, 12:09 AM
I think it's silly. :D

Me too. lol

stillakid
01-04-2005, 09:04 AM
It's a really nice stadium though. :) It's just a marketing plan to get more people from around my neck of the woods to make the 45 minute drive down to Anaheim. It's just too far to go. I doubt it'll work.

2-1B
01-04-2005, 11:56 AM
The New York Jets of New Jersey and The New York Giants of New Jersey wouldn't be so bad. ;)

How about:

The Ashwaubenon Packers of Green Bay since they play there, or maybe The Milwaukee Bears of Chicago so they can tap into the Milwaukee fans ? :crazed:

It wasn't the Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim - they just played there. :D

2-1B
01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
What about the Detroit Lions of Pontiac? :D

Not anymore, now that they've moved to downtown Detroit. :D

Rocketboy
01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Not anymore, now that they've moved to downtown Detroit. :DOh man...you're right. :D
Oops!
Ah well, they still suck.

Kidhuman
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Horrible name.

DarthQuack
01-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Why not just call them The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America of the planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy of the Universe.

stillakid
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Why not just call them The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America of the planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy of the Universe.

The stadium doesn't have that many seats. :ermm:

JediTricks
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
It's a really stupid name and pathetic, if they want more Los Angeles people to come see the team play, they better start playing the Dodgers because nobody wants to drive down the horrible 5 freeway to get to an Angels game in Anaheim where the traffic is always congested thanks to the theme parks. They really should have thought this through, this new name is silly and insulting to 2 cities at once.

stillakid
01-05-2005, 08:14 PM
It's a really stupid name and pathetic, if they want more Los Angeles people to come see the team play, they better start playing the Dodgers because nobody wants to drive down the horrible 5 freeway to get to an Angels game in Anaheim where the traffic is always congested thanks to the theme parks. They really should have thought this through, this new name is silly and insulting to 2 cities at once.

Well, now that the Dodger's have been decimated as a team, we might be making a few more trips down that way this year. Plus, I didn't realize before, but I think that Metrorail has a stop right next to the stadium. I'd still have to drive over to North Hollywood to get on, but it would sure beat the hell out of getting on the 5.

Then there's always Petco down south, SBC Park up north, or Phoenix to the East...

Rocketboy
01-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Why not just call them The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America of the planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy of the Universe.I like it! :D

InsaneJediGirl
01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Too many A's "LAAA" . Sounds like someone is getting ready to sing if it were to be referred to in shorthand.Hopefully no one will see this as a great idea.Otherwise there will be teams like the Atlanta-Athens Falcons or Jacksonville-Tallahasee PanNoles.Theres a combo of mascots,a Indian Panther :p