PDA

View Full Version : Luke and the X-Wing.

Kidhuman
01-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Was it is? Was it always on loan from the Alliance? He just galavanted all over the Galaxy in it, doing what he pleased. Did he use a Jedi Mind trick to get it? Did he pay cash? DId he steal it?

JediTricks
01-07-2005, 06:33 PM
As a commander in the Rebel alliance, it was as much "his" as anybody's, but they didn't know he was going to run off with it in ESB, and by ROTJ I think they realized how important it was to let him do his own thing since they gave him another one (his was left on Bespin or taken by the Imperials there at that time).

Or maybe there's a registration for an Incom T65 X-wing Fighter in the computers on Coruscant with the name "Bail Organa" on it. ;)

Slicker
01-07-2005, 07:41 PM
It could be like in the military where you have a fighter assigned to you and that's the one that you fly. Obviously you can't take it on pleasure flights and all but we don't have any Luke Skywalker's in the military......unfortunately.

Rocketboy
01-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I assumed it was given to him, like when a corporation gives a big employee a car.

Or maybe that was part of his reward for blowing the Death Star.

Devo
01-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Jeez I never thought about that. Good point :D

Also it never occured to me that he leaves his ESB X-wing on Cloud city.

Yeah I would think that the alliance would need all the starfighters on hand that it can get given the amount of TIEs the empire has. Surely it can't afford to be lending them to anyone on a permanent/semi-permanent basis.

JediTricks
01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Well, how would he go back for it? The city is taken over by the Imperials (even though they may have left at the end of ESB, it remains unclear, Lando calls for an evacuation because of this but we do see Vader and some of his men leaving) and Luke is aboard the Falcon halfway across the galaxy by the end of the film. I wonder if the X-wing in ROTJ has the same Red-5 markings as the ANH ship, I never thought to look. I suspect it does.

LTBasker
02-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Maybe Han refunded his money that he got from selling his speeder since Han got all that loot? Luke did say "We could almost buy our ship for that" and saving Leia could've gotten him a discount. ;)