PDA

View Full Version : $5.88 - Wal-Mart and 2005

Sith Lord 0498
01-07-2005, 10:39 PM
This morning, I found that my local Super Wal-Mart had completed its new mods for the season in the toy department. Not only has their allocation for SW figures increased but the tags labeled "SW E3 Basicfig" (or something similar) are at a $5.88 price point--well below the $6.99 charged at TRU and K-Mart. Currently, the Cantina wave is inhabiting those pegs.

Looks like February and April 1st won't be as hard on the wallet after all... :)

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 08:47 AM
The only downfall for me is that the closest Wal-Mart to me hardly ever stocks the toy aisle. They havent even fimnished the resets and yesterday the entire action figure aisle fell to the clearance side and is staked with gross misrepresentaion of clearance items. They havent even packed anything new out. I like the price but after the initial movie phase dies out, its back to hunting and trading for every figure released after Christmas.

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The only downfall for me is that the closest Wal-Mart to me hardly ever stocks the toy aisle. They havent even fimnished the resets and yesterday the entire action figure aisle fell to the clearance side and is staked with gross misrepresentaion of clearance items. They havent even packed anything new out. I like the price but after the initial movie phase dies out, its back to hunting and trading for every figure released after Christmas.

To be honest, my Wal-Mart had the same problem for months. Even at $3.00 clearance prices, they still have a ton of Madines, Landos, and Leias in the clearance aisle. But if they've taken that many figures to clearance, then I'm reasonably sure you will find the new resets within the next week (probably sooner). So keep checking regularly.

As for the initial movie phase, at least life may be a little bit easier for us this year. They'll be trying to push SW, and items will hopefully be easier to find. Personally, I'm not holding out much hope to continue this hobby beyond this year anyways.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Thank God! $6.99 is a little too high for every figure. Looks like Wal-Mart will be getting most of my business for ROTS. Once the movie comes out, te stores are pretty equal as far as distribution goes. Plus a really good WM just opened a few months ago near here in addition to the mediocre old one.

hango fett
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
that was the same price as the AOTC figures where when they were first released. but then they got nocked down to 4.77 pretty quick.
HF

sith_killer_99
01-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Well, at $5.88 it seems Wal-Mart will yet again be my main source for carded figures.

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 08:48 PM
To be honest, my Wal-Mart had the same problem for months. Even at $3.00 clearance prices, they still have a ton of Madines, Landos, and Leias in the clearance aisle. But if they've taken that many figures to clearance, then I'm reasonably sure you will find the new resets within the next week (probably sooner). So keep checking regularly.

As for the initial movie phase, at least life may be a little bit easier for us this year. They'll be trying to push SW, and items will hopefully be easier to find. Personally, I'm not holding out much hope to continue this hobby beyond this year anyways.

I already got all the new waves. I am caught up, just ned the preview figs and I am good until MM. I have to go to a different Wal-Mart which actually sells more SW stuff than the one closer to me. The other one is 3 minutes from my job, so I just shoot up the highway before or after work and get what I need.

Its just after this year, into 2006 that I am worried about finding new stuff.

Slicker
01-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Looking at the shelf tags at a Virginia Beach WM the figs were $5.88 and the EP III preview figs had a shelf tag of $5.55.

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Looking at the shelf tags at a Virginia Beach WM the figs were $5.88 and the EP III preview figs had a shelf tag of $5.55.

Are you sure those tags were for the preview figures? I know there are $5.55 tags for the Animated Clone Wars figures next to the 2005 figs, but I didn't see anything separate for the Preview wave at my Wal-Mart.

Slicker
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
That's what it was. I knew I saw a price tag for that amount but must've thought I saw the preview figures tags.

Kyle Katarn
01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
It's a great price, now I can buy more figures, I hope here in Mexico they do that.

OC47150
01-10-2005, 07:19 AM
I found the Myo wave at WM this weekend for $5.88 and it made my day!

I've noticed the POTC wave (Padme celebration) and rehashed/repackaged CW figures are plentiful at several Targets for $6.99. And they might be around for a while for that price.

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 08:46 AM
I found the Myo wave at WM this weekend for $5.88 and it made my day!

I've noticed the POTC wave (Padme celebration) and rehashed/repackaged CW figures are plentiful at several Targets for $6.99. And they might be around for a while for that price.

The Courascant POTC wave is being clearanced at My Target for 3 bucks. I wish I would have waited, but still gotr them at a discount anyways. You might want to check your Targets and scan them.

OC47150
01-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I'll have to check Target out.

I'm only needing the Padme celebration (and a couple extra Rabe for a diorama). I bought the rest of the wave from a friend and during a Kmart sale a few weeks before Christmas.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
The Target close to where I live is still charging $6.99 for the Coruscant wave. :( I just paid $35 for the wave because I haven't found them anywhere else. I got Pablo Jill, Amidala, Sly Moore, Yarua, and Rabe. Talk about expensive! If they clearance them soon, I will take mine back and then buy them back. $6.99 is ridiculous for these figures, but when you can't find them anywhere (because my Wal Mart still has AOTC pilot Padmes and others) you break down and buy them to get them in the ole collection. The $5.88 tag is good news because after buying 30 figures that will save everyone good money. Besides (as mentioned) this ROTS price may go down once the movie has been out a little whie! I will be hoping.

B.
TDV

Fluke Skywalker
01-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I broke down and paid $6.99 ea for the Cantina wave at Target because none of the three Walmarts I hit regularly had gotten anything new in lately(They are now resetting for ROTS). Then the other night I saw one of each at a SWM :( . Still, when April 2nd comes, I'm hitting the Walmarts first. Besides the better price, SW is open 24 hours a day, so I assume they'll be on the shelves by midnight.

I know the figures are supposed to retail for $6.99, but has anyone heard if the Unleashed price is going to jump too?

OC47150
01-14-2005, 06:47 AM
It's going to be interesting to see if other stores drop their prices by summer, just to stay competitive with WM. I doubt that will happen but we'll have to take note.

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Fluke, if you still have the receipt and they are still carded, take em back to Target and get your money back. If you do that buy em at Wal-Mart first, just so you know you have them.

I dont think anyone will lower prices. If any one does it will be Target. They usually are a bit more than Wal-Mart, so I dont see them staying a dollar more than their competition.

kool-aid killer
01-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Ive noticed the price drop too. I just need to find the Cantina wave and i will be caught up, looks like im going to be visiting Walmart more often, since they also seem to be the only place getting the Animated figures in also.

OC47150
01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I almost danced a little jig when I found the Myo wave!

Myo is showing up at WM more frequently; a buddy found the wave just the other day.

Kmart's always been about 50 cents higher on figures, too. I've had good luck finding figures at Kmart in the last year, and the price won't deter me from checking.

Fluke Skywalker
01-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Fluke, if you still have the receipt and they are still carded, take em back to Target and get your money back. If you do that buy em at Wal-Mart first, just so you know you have them.

I was going to try that, but those 3 at WM went fast!

OC47150
01-16-2005, 12:30 PM
WM seems to be the place to check right now. I found the CW Grevious for $5.55 (yep, even cheaper!) Saturday night.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2005, 04:43 PM
The $5.88 pricetag must be for POTC and preview figures, with $5.55 for animated figures. They'll definitely expand the Star Wars section once April 2 rolls around. For all we know, they'll increase the price another couple of bucks (though I doubt it). So don't expect the current pegs to be the SW ones when ROTS arrives.

sith_killer_99
01-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Yep, I paid $5.55 for all of my animated figures and $5.88 for the POTC...now that they have the pegs marked correctly that is. ;) Though I did manage to get just about all the POTC for the old price of $4.77!!! :D

OC47150
01-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Interesting that there's a price difference. But, hey, I'm not complaining!

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Though I did manage to get just about all the POTC for the old price of $4.77!!! :D

Me and you both. The only ones I didnt get are the OTC repacks. Nice to pick up some army builders cheap.